Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheHitman
The ZR1 is a legitimate 800whp. Build thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...rformance.html

That Evo is just really fast car.
Well duh, it obviously makes a good bit more power than the Z!

On a side note, why does the title say 800awhp but in the vid it states "830awhp"? How much power is the EVO actually making?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just asking a question here and I'm sure I will get some intelligent answers and I'm sure I'll get those wonderful YouTube answers. Anyways so in this video the cars r suppose to be evenly matched HP wise yet every1 is crying that the EVO must make a ton more power the way he walked back on the ZR1 after he missed 4th. So my food for thought here is why can a less HP car run down and beat a more HP car? To me it could be gearing or how the power is put down. Just wondering why every thinks this video is BS?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

It's supposedly makes 830whp. I don't know what dyno the Evo was on or anything else like that but pdv25 or TRC know the guy. Those florida cars man...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Balt2nv
So just asking a question here and I'm sure I will get some intelligent answers and I'm sure I'll get those wonderful YouTube answers. Anyways so in this video the cars r suppose to be evenly matched HP wise yet every1 is crying that the EVO must make a ton more power the way he walked back on the ZR1 after he missed 4th. So my food for thought here is why can a less HP car run down and beat a more HP car? To me it could be gearing or how the power is put down. Just wondering why every thinks this video is BS?
It's because Corvettes are well sorted cars that are great at roll racing. Usually when people see Corvettes running other cars, most of the time the other car weighs more or has a peakier powerband than the Corvette. Very few cars are actually able to overcome the power to weight or powerband advantage a Corvette has from a higher roll. Look up races between Supras and Corvettes or GT500's and Corvettes and you will see what everyone is talking about.

On the other side of the coin, Evos aren't known to be good from higher rolls due to drag from bad aero (bad for top end pulls) and peaky powerbands from a big turbo on a 2.0L inline 4. Lets not forget short gearing.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Launching!

It's supposedly makes 830whp. I don't know what dyno the Evo was on or anything else like that but pdv25 or TRC know the guy. Those florida cars man...
Thanks for the input! Not bashing the EVO as I've alway been a fan, it just hauls like it has a bit more power than advertised.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Because an 800rwhp ZR1 will be 150-160 trap car. That evo claims to be 150. Yet he walks the vette as if the vette is a stock c6.

Think about it. An 800RWHP ZR1 is NOT going to get walked by an 800AWHP EVO. Between turbo lag and aerodynamics a top mount zr1 would have pulled a bus on him if he had traction.

Evo is quick, just either has more power or the ZR1 doesn't have as much as claimed (which is what I think).
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Because an 800rwhp ZR1 will be 150-160 trap car. That evo claims to be 150. Yet he walks the vette as if the vette is a stock c6.

Think about it. An 800RWHP ZR1 is NOT going to get walked by an 800AWHP EVO. Between turbo lag and aerodynamics a top mount zr1 would have pulled a bus on him if he had traction.

Evo is quick, just either has more power or the ZR1 doesn't have as much as claimed (which is what I think).
I'm getting the trap speed thing don't get me wrong. I do believe the numbers aren't 100% correct. Now even if the numbers r from a 60roll I don't see a ton of boost lag being a factor or even break boosting will cause for such a massive leap ahead by the Evo. Still would like to see a rematch without the miss of 4th to get a accurate pull on the two.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with this. If they were really that close power wise I'd imagine the race would have been much closer or at least a steady walk by one or the other. That evo missed, recovered and still blasted past the vette. I still love both cars, but I can't help but scratch my head and ask why were they so far apart.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

I'm getting the trap speed thing don't get me wrong. I do believe the numbers aren't 100% correct. Now even if the numbers r from a 60roll I don't see a ton of boost lag being a factor or even break boosting will cause for such a massive leap ahead by the Evo. Still would like to see a rematch without the miss of 4th to get a accurate pull on the two.
Well the ZR1 has stock blower it seems so he has A LOT MORE torque than that evo down low. That evo will have to get into rpm to catch up, but the ZR1 if he had that power would've walked the evo as speeds got higher. Between aerodynamics and the loss that awd gives you at higher speeds all I see are fudged numbers here.

Also that ZR1 wasn't breaking loose at all. All vids I have seen of high hp vettes they easily break loose at 60mph... just something to think about.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Pull your head out your ***. It's not rocket science now.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Pull your head out your ***. It's not rocket science now.

I wonder if that eaton is even capable of 800rwhp.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

The EVO Is BADDDD**** Period.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Read the thread I posted from Corvetteforum. The ZR1 is indeed making 800whp, give or take for conditions. It has the modifications, has the backing from the shop, even the actual owner admitted the car was making the power.

I think heat can be another serious factor as a PD blower will generate more heat than a turbo. They only did one run so we can't know for certain. The ZR1 owner wants a rematch as well.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
9 Second Club

I wonder if that eaton is even capable of 800rwhp.
Yes its possible, seen a few do it. Not sure with how much boost....the car in the vid was running 14# fwiw.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

PD blower will be fine for a few runs. My maggie, which runs A LOT HOTTER than an eaton will take about 5-6 consistent pulls until heat soak becomes an issue.

If that ZR1 truly is what the thread claims then that evo must be pushing 4 digit power.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

I think you guys didn't see one of the mods the evo has, which is the upgraded final drive. The longer gearing helps it take advantage of that extra power it's making, especially with it revving to 8.5-9k rpms.

I don't know of any street evo's making 4 digit power and the ones that I've seen at those power levels are revving to 10k.

This is a 1000whp evo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...luRK3kdM8&NR=1
Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
9 Second Club

I think you guys didn't see one of the mods the evo has, which is the upgraded final drive. The longer gearing helps it take advantage of that extra power it's making, especially with it revving to 8.5-9k rpms.

I don't know of any street evo's making 4 digit power and the ones that I've seen at those power levels are revving to 10k.

This is a 1000whp evo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...luRK3kdM8&NR=1
Whatever the case, its obvious to every educated person in here those two cars are not BOTH making 800whp. No how, no way would either car be able to miss 4th and then rocket past the other as if it were standing still. That EVO doesn't have to push 4 digits to walk away like that. A high 800's/900awhp EVO (and they are out there) will walk a 800whp C6 like that.

Also, why are there two different dyno numbers advertised for the EVO?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dyno's could be a big difference too. Lets say the vette was on a happy dynojet in cool weather and the evo was on a heart breaker mustang in 100 degree weather. Factor in a little heat soak on the vette during that run and that could be enough of a difference to be that far apart. The devils in the details. Could even be a boost leak on the vette. Either way, badass cars are badass.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just asking...don't those Evo's weight 26xx and some change?
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
Just asking...don't those Evo's weight 26xx and some change?
Nope, over 3000lbs. Not as light as they look.

Quick Reply: 800whp ZR1 vs 800whp Evo