Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs ZL1

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:06 AM
wbt
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Just a pulley and exhaust on the termi motor. it's in a notch.

The mighty n/a ls6 has went 11.1 @ 130 last time out with all the seats in the car and in street trim on a nitto. I've posted vids and slips on here. The 130 vid is a shitty cell vid. The vid of it goin 11.1 @126.xx is good.
You didn't answer my question. N/A or on the bottle?

I found some post that you claimed the race weight was 3,200lbs. I have 300+lbs. on your car, ran quicker and it is N/A. Yes it was run in 1,400+' DA. Hmmmm...... These Fords sure are shitty.

"Just a pulley". That also equates to a tune. Was it getting enough fuel? What was the cause? There is much more to the story I guarantee it.

I don't need a large CI motor to hide my inadequacies.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

Just a pulley and exhaust on the termi motor. it's in a notch.

The mighty n/a ls6 has went 11.1 @ 130 last time out with all the seats in the car and in street trim on a nitto. I've posted vids and slips on here. The 130 vid is a shitty cell vid. The vid of it goin 11.1 @126.xx is good.

There no doubt the lsx is stronger/more powerful than a mod motor. That's why companies make k-members to put them in a ford and not the other way around. You should work on fixing stupid if you can't figure that one out on your own.
So based off your et his little bolt on 5.0 would be a hell of a race against your big ci tin can lsx?? Lol
Old 08-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
there are also numerous videos of zl1's spanking some pony ***.and the zl1's that have lost are counted
Oh really??? Care to post up the numerous videos you speak of??

The zl bitch slapps the LS Boss on a road coarse....so does the 1le. I don't know where you come up with the Boss winning on a rc.
Yes it beat a LS Boss but it was far from a bitch slap. As for the 1LE, show me one review/test of the car much less a head to head comparison against the Boss...

I hav a feeling both of you are pulling this out of your asses. I could be wrong tho. Lol
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
So based off your et his little bolt on 5.0 would be a hell of a race against your big ci tin can lsx?? Lol
My car is no tin can. His may be though.....and did you see the mph difference?? I would be freight training that thing at the end. My 60 a high 1.7 vs his 1.5....You should really think before you type.
Originally Posted by wbt
You didn't answer my question. N/A or on the bottle?

I found some post that you claimed the race weight was 3,200lbs. I have 300+lbs. on your car, ran quicker and it is N/A. Yes it was run in 1,400+' DA. Hmmmm...... These Fords sure are shitty.

"Just a pulley". That also equates to a tune. Was it getting enough fuel? What was the cause? There is much more to the story I guarantee it.

I don't need a large CI motor to hide my inadequacies.
My car is n/a.... Look at the post you quoted. I ran that in street trim....with all my seats. On a 60 .2 slower. Don't make dumbass excuses about your complicated little motor. Your 6 mph slower than a 10 year old engine.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

My car is no tin can. His may be though.....and did you see the mph difference?? I would be freight training that thing at the end. My 60 a high 1.7 vs his 1.5....You should really think before you type.
I should think before i type?? Youre talkin all this sixty foot bullshit and what you would be doing on the big end when fact is a 11.0 beats a 11.1. Period. Of course i seen the mph difference. Wtf does that have with it being a hell of a race??? Even tho ur trapping 5mph higher your car is ***** outta the hole. What does that equal?? A photo finish...

MPH doesnt win races at the dragstrip.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Oh really??? Care to post up the numerous videos you speak of??

Yes it beat a LS Boss but it was far from a bitch slap. As for the 1LE, show me one review/test of the car much less a head to head comparison against the Boss...

I hav a feeling both of you are pulling this out of your asses. I could be wrong tho. Lol
It was a mighty bitch slap......more like a punch to the ******. The 1le was 4 sec faster than a boss ls around VIR. I can't wait for a more accurate comparison test on those 2. It's should be good, but I do wish they would've upped the power a little on the 1le.

http://youtu.be/uwuIjr_zKkE

The 130 vid is on my fb and you can't read the et/mph.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 AM
wbt
Teching In

My car is n/a.... Look at the post you quoted. I ran that in street trim....with all my seats. On a 60 .2 slower. Don't make dumbass excuses about your complicated little motor. Your 6 mph slower than a 10 year old engine.
Hahaha...don't play yourself to be full weight/full interior jackass:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/16447392-post14.html

Is your car 11.49 and below legal? Mine is. It also has all the creature comforts like stereo, A/C, power windows/locks.

What head, cam, and intake work do you have done to your LS6? I guarantee it isn't a stock long block like I am running.

Link that 11.1@130 time slip or did you conveniently mis-place it?

I see from the vid you were running in negative D/A and skinnies with drag radials on the back. Not my fault you can't hook up. Looks like you need to learn how to setup a suspension.

I was running in +1,400' DA. Pretty sad my N/A stock long block 5.0 that weights 300+lbs. more runs as well if not better than your car.

Your time corrected to SL looks like:
~11.236 @ 125.034

My time corrected to SL looks like:
~10.829 @ 126.232

I wonder just how far into the 10's I could go with -862 DA like you ran in.....

You have earned a big F.

Last edited by wbt; 08-23-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Really throwing age out there?? Im pretty sure they have some engines out there that are 40-50 years older than yours that trap much more mph.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

I should think before i type?? Youre talkin all this sixty foot bullshit and what you would be doing on the big end when fact is a 11.0 beats a 11.1. Period. Of course i seen the mph difference. Wtf does that have with it being a hell of a race??? Even tho ur trapping 5mph higher your car is ***** outta the hole. What does that equal?? A photo finish...

MPH doesnt win races at the dragstrip.
I'm fine with that. I don't have a drag car. I have a street car. The only reason why it don't et better is the axles keep breaking on the 10 bolt. I have a fab 9 to put in it then it will drive right into the 10's. If you noticed in the vid it spun hard enough to get sideways and for me to pedal it.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

It was a mighty bitch slap......more like a punch to the ******. The 1le was 4 sec faster than a boss ls around VIR. I can't wait for a more accurate comparison test on those 2. It's should be good, but I do wish they would've upped the power a little on the 1le.
Seems like youre spitting some of that good old internet BULLSHIT!!! The ****** ZL1 beat the Boss by like 2 seconds!!! That was a HEAD to HEAD comparison. You have yet to provide any PROOF of this 1LE ****. Show me documented proof of its times. Also are you really comparing the time of the 1LE to a time that a Boss ran with different drivers on different days??

Sooo the 1LE is 4 seconds faster but the ZL1 is only 2??? Wow great job GM...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Really throwing age out there?? Im pretty sure they have some engines out there that are 40-50 years older than yours that trap much more mph.
Probally so....just think how bad that makes the brand new 5.0 look too. Open mouth and insert foot.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

I'm fine with that. I don't have a drag car. I have a street car. The only reason why it don't et better is the axles keep breaking on the 10 bolt. I have a fab 9 to put in it then it will drive right into the 10's. If you noticed in the vid it spun hard enough to get sideways and for me to pedal it.
If if was a 5th we would all be drunk.

The mph shows its a EASY 10 sec CAPABLE car. But the ET shows that you would lose to that litto 5.0 thats trapping 5mph slower.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Seems like youre spitting some of that good old internet BULLSHIT!!! The ****** ZL1 beat the Boss by like 2 seconds!!! That was a HEAD to HEAD comparison. You have yet to provide any PROOF of this 1LE ****. Show me documented proof of its times. Also are you really comparing the time of the 1LE to a time that a Boss ran with different drivers on different days??

Sooo the 1LE is 4 seconds faster but the ZL1 is only 2??? Wow great job GM...
http://youtu.be/eVIi5fR3PuM
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Probally so....just think how bad that makes the brand new 5.0 look too. Open mouth and insert foot.
Lmao. Wow. Never knew the age of an engine was the measuring stick of the mph it puts up.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

If if was a 5th we would all be drunk.

The mph shows its a EASY 10 sec CAPABLE car. But the ET shows that you would lose to that litto 5.0 thats trapping 5mph slower.
6mph slower. Just a traction issue. I doubt his car was in a way he could/would dd it. All that makes a difference. If you notice....of which I'm sure you did'nt he was talking about goin fo a nhra record. Probably not his dd like mine is.

Besides I've got a little more powa now
Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Lmao. Wow. Never knew the age of an engine was the measuring stick of the mph it puts up.
Apparently is was to you or you would not have commented on 40-50 year old engines.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 AM
wbt
Teching In

6mph slower. Just a traction issue. I doubt his car was in a way he could/would dd it. All that makes a difference. If you notice....of which I'm sure you did'nt he was talking about goin fo a nhra record. Probably not his dd like mine is.

Besides I've got a little more powa now
It damn sure is DD capable. Sitting in my driveway with factory wheels and tires on it and it is legally registered and will pass emissions as I am running cats. A race car it is not.

BTW - what NHRA record am I shooting for? This is news to me. You know more about me than I do.

Last edited by wbt; 08-23-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

Finally. Thank you. Thats an impressive time, but until its a head to head test ill take it with a grain of salt. GM has no credibility when releasing its own videos. These are the same guys that claimed a 1.6 60foot and 11sec pass on stock rubber that was a complete LIE! Obviously the car ran tge time but how do we know it wasnt a ringer? What tires did they use?

Check out the times for LS.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Apparently is was to you or you would not have commented on 40-50 year old engines.
Lmao i was just showing how irrelevant the age of an engine was.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

6.2? Which 6.2? Im sure you know there is more than one, and everyone has differet limits.

Can a LSA (6.2) make 700+ rwhp? Sure but for how long? Would it last longer than a 5.4 or 5.8 at that level? Not a chance in hell. Are you saying that cast pistons are stronger than forged? Better yet, lets be a little more direct. Are you saying the LSA's pistons are stronger than the 5.8's?

The lsa are stout engines considering they arent forged. Im not taking that from it. I never said it was "that limited". What i am saying is its more limited than either the 5.4 or 5.8.
The LSA obviously since that's what we are talking about. I'm sure it can make more than 700 with no problems since the LS3's have been doing it for years. To your point though of course it's not gonna be as stout as the 5.8 because one is forged and one isn't. I wish GM would have forged the damn thing and put the 2.3 on it and gave it a 3800 curb weight or at least 4000lb but with forged internals and a 2.3 it would step on the ZR1's toes just a little so it's whatever.

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs ZL1