Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Cam Only LS1 T/A vs Almost stock '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
My ride has become his favorite flavored *****... Never leaves his mouth.
I've already gotten you a couple of times from a 30, me off spray and taken you nasty, specially out the launch. My best at Temple (Worst track ever) was 12.4 with a 2.0 60 @ 109 All motor. So please dont say the 224 doesnt get it done, becuase it does. Sure youll beat me up top, thats a disadvantage on an Auto. But my power rpm range is set up more efficiently than yours, with only 390rwhp and 380Lbs of tq, vs your 418. Granted, the temp has been extremely high and cars run sloppy, but hey! Im still taking you.

Im not your local rival... Im your kryptonite BROTATO!

12.4 @ 109 with the mods in your sig?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

I don't even count those first times we raced, I was untuned and had fat *** Kyle in my car weighing me down. Don't worry dude, keep upping your shot, I won't run you again until I get my heads and intake on, then we'll see how my "shitty" setup runs.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
12.4 @ 109 with the mods in your sig?
Exactly what i thought. Jesus man 109 is weak. I think my car traps more than that with the mods in my sig and untuned.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Exactly what i thought. Jesus man 109 is weak. I think my car traps more than that with the mods in my sig and untuned.
I'm guessing it must be a shitty track and street tires and Texas heat playing a factor there

Hell, I know of a few bolt-on/cam only LT1 autos trapping 110-113mph, so that car is either running bad or the strip just sucks
Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I'm guessing it must be a shitty track and street tires and Texas heat playing a factor there

Hell, I know of a few bolt-on/cam only LT1 autos trapping 110-113mph, so that car is either running bad or the strip just sucks
To be honest, the way they were door to door with lastofthebreed on nitrous i highly doubt the texas heat played that huge of a influence on the trap speed. Not to turn this into a huge **** storm debate like it always is but i have a buddy who also has a small cam car i think a 224 cam with heads and bolt ons and the car traps 90mph in the 8th. His car is significantly lighter being that his car is a hardtop formula stripper with big and littles and other ****. Idk ive done some searching and Not very common to see small cam cars trap great MPH. KFC trapped 115 at the same track and heat so....
Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

To be honest, the way they were door to door with lastofthebreed on nitrous i highly doubt the texas heat played that huge of a influence on the trap speed. Not to turn this into a huge **** storm debate like it always is but i have a buddy who also has a small cam car i think a 224 cam with heads and bolt ons and the car traps 90mph in the 8th. His car is significantly lighter being that his car is a hardtop formula stripper with big and littles and other ****. Idk ive done some searching and Not very common to see small cam cars trap great MPH. KFC trapped 115 at the same track and heat so....
Yeah who knows man?

Makes sense that an auto traps a bit less but not that much
Old 09-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Yeah who knows man?

Makes sense that an auto traps a bit less but not that much
Yeah 109 is ridiculously turd.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does, 111-112 w/ Bolt-Ons untuned lol
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Ok why did u not highlight the rest of the sentence? I said wirh ls1 intake and 853 heads. AND you highlighted where I said in stock 346 cu engines. If you habe a fast 102/102 full 1 7/8 lt exhaust. Full bolt-ons, and upgraded rod bolts to support the cams need for rpm than it can run good. 90% of people don't do this. It is stupid to put that cam in unless you're going to rev to 7k+
The way you worded your post made it seem as though were implying that cam won't work on a stock cube motor, and indeed it will. FYI, 853/241's are virtually the same head with the exception of different casting method (sand vs die), same ports/chambers and no real difference in power between the two. I agree with you in needing supporting mods for that cam.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V8EATR
The MS4 doesn't work very well in a stock cube LS1 from what I have seen. My buddy had a TA with the MS4 with full bolt ons and it wasn't very fast. Pulled real good from 5500 but the powerband sucked and the car wasn't all that fast.
LOL. MS4 cam works very well, stock cubes and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MKm...e_gdata_player
Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 AM
11 Second Club

My trap was higher with stock stall, it could b a tune issue also. I had to go take my ride back 3 times to get corrected and still feel like its not all there. I trapd 106 prior to my 109... The weather and track has been an issue aswell being 100+ 90%humidity, and lately pulling 2.2/2.5 60ft.
This could explain why my ride is so inefficient on top end... But who knows, still I've been whoopn ***, and making ppl mad like KFC or bust mad, with his donkey Dick cam. I'll even let you take the pill out look at the size and reinstall it so you can see im not upping anything, and go for a race.

Once heads and intake go in, you better beat me. If not you won't hear the end of it from me or this site, Lolz.

Stock 241'a FTW!

Last edited by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A; 09-07-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Teching In

really odd , my stock gear cam only 98 ls1 pulls on my buddies bolt on 2013 and the other bolt on 5.0s in my area with ease, then again , I also pulled on a heads, ms4, 4.10 gear 01 camaro from a roll.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowauto
really odd , my stock gear cam only 98 ls1 pulls on my buddies bolt on 2013 and the other bolt on 5.0s in my area with ease, then again , I also pulled on a heads, ms4, 4.10 gear 01 camaro from a roll.
I agree on being odd, something is not quite right, but not making excuses. I was suppose to try a different tuner, I need to make time to iron everything out and see if i can better my trap and performance. Down low im good, up top is where i struggle, always blamed it on the 3800 stall. Who knows!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
LOL. MS4 cam works very well, stock cubes and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MKm...e_gdata_player
Thing's moving pretty dang good! But for every one you show me run great on the street (which isn't the street in that vid) I'll show you 5 that run like crap. I understand that streetability is subjective, but really? Ms4 is not a good street cam on average, but of course it hauls at wot on a track...

How fast is that German heap of yours these days ?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Thing's moving pretty dang good! But for every one you show me run great on the street (which isn't the street in that vid) I'll show you 5 that run like crap. I understand that streetability is subjective, but really? Ms4 is not a good street cam on average, but of course it hauls at wot on a track...

How fast is that German heap of yours these days ?
Its capable of running awesome, 119mph trap is pretty solid proof of it. Obviously there are some half *** setups out there that will give a bad rep to certain cams, but that goes for ANY setup.

But look on the cam only thread, show me one person using a small cam.

If i install a cam in my car its with performance in mind. IMO if im throwing in a cam to run like a bolt on car, ill just save my money and time. People can argue about midrange and low end, yes its nice for a daily and a car to put around in but when your WOT when does your car go below 4k?

There is ALOT of Trex cam setups on the cam only record list, and alot of people say the same thing about that cam.

Hell look at this thread lastofthebreed put down numbers that his car SHOULD put down, and look at kfc without most supporting mods still traps 6mph more, and from what he tells me its very daily friendly. He dailys the car.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its capable of running awesome, 119mph trap is pretty solid proof of it. Obviously there are some half *** setups out there that will give a bad rep to certain cams, but that goes for ANY setup.

If i install a cam in my car its with performance in mind. IMO if im throwing in a cam to run like a bolt on car, ill just save my money and time. People can argue about midrange and low end, yes its nice for a daily and a car to put around in but when your WOT when does your car go below 4k?

There is ALOT of Trex cam setups on the cam only record list, and alot of people say the same thing about that cam.

Hell look at this thread lastofthebreed put down numbers that his car SHOULD put down, and look at kfc without most supporting mods still traps 6mph more, and from what he tells me its very daily friendly. He dailys the car.
I don't know how this became the argument.... I was saying the setup was bad not the big cam being in the car. I said I hate when people put big cams in cars without the mods to back it up and it runs like **** so when cars like the 5.0 beat his donkey dick cammed car and than they think they can beat all cammed ls1's. Why the **** would you put that big cam in there and shift the car at 6500rpm? My car with the 224r makes peak power there and I should shift about 6600rpm. Leaving sooooo much on the table. With that cam the race shouldn't be close. All the vid proves is his car runs like **** for having such a big cam. I'm going to race a I/E/T 5.0 tommarow so will see how a 224r cammed car does.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Launching!

those last 2 races were awesome,i'd like to see the ol trans am with a 100 shot
Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
I don't know how this became the argument.... I was saying the setup was bad not the big cam being in the car. I said I hate when people put big cams in cars without the mods to back it up and it runs like **** so when cars like the 5.0 beat his donkey dick cammed car and than they think they can beat all cammed ls1's. Why the **** would you put that big cam in there and shift the car at 6500rpm? My car with the 224r makes peak power there and I should shift about 6600rpm. Leaving sooooo much on the table. With that cam the race shouldn't be close. All the vid proves is his car runs like **** for having such a big cam. I'm going to race a I/E/T 5.0 tommarow so will see how a 224r cammed car does.
Exactly! My cam is a simple sleeper cam car. I'm going for fi in spring '13, all the leg work is done! I still don't see how I need to have an ms4 to do that, even without the sts? I think it's all in the setup and the cam is just icing on the cake...of course adamantium isn't looking for answers, he's looking for justification. That I can't give...
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

You sir need to learn. It's just that simple. I could wax your *** if you come out with that cam and not set up properly. I don't need to have slips to prove it either, since anyone in your area with a properly setup stalled 224 car with stickies will do the same. I'm sure there's one in an area near you. I'm just being real here, and your going with internet hype here apparently, and a "one in 10" cars philosophy. There are some NASTY *** street cars that actually run right on the street for dd'ing, and would still wax a lot of trex dudes. Get over it, it happens all the time! An optimal 1320 car isn't a an optimal street car, why is that so hard?
edit: no one is saying that larger cams don't work, but what I'm saying is that I see more big cammed cars get put to shame by smaller cammed cars. It's all in the setup, not the cam....
Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wanna learn, or spout off about how much you know?

Quick Reply: 99 Cam Only LS1 T/A vs Almost stock '11 5.0