Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter VS Honda Civic! for all you import haters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mochanic
!

Besides, I have a 93 Z28 383LT1 turbocharged that is going to make 1000hp to the tires if I could ever catch up on all the customers that want me to build them fast Honda's.
1000 HP LT1 camaro, can that 1000 HP Z28 beat that 600 HP civic??? i just want to know the true.

i saw a 800 HP camaro with all motor, no turbo charge or NOS, wonder japanese can get up to that much without turbo????
Old 04-08-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

how much boost was he running, im sure he was boosting over 14.7 which means in theory of air going into the motor, the civic is actually running double the amount of cubes. so 3.9 to the 5.7. it is not that bad for the civic. i just saw a guy tonight at SAR drive his 72 nova to the track, run a 9.2 and a 9.4 on a MT/ET street, and drive it home. Yea that really makes me want to get a civic after that performance.

Were in houston are you at, and where is your shop in houston. I want to see that LT1, sounds nice. What size turbo are you going to use. Are you going to use Lt1 manifold with F.A.S.T. or what? i really do want to stop by your shop though. the lt1 sounds like a beast! im guessing your turbo is going to be in the 88 to 104mm size?
Old 04-08-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

those civic hatches look like a turd crapped out of a space shuttle.
And did you hear the crowd, how surprised they sounded?
After seeing the camaro launch, and the rumble of the V8 upon takeoff, I think we know the "right plan for the straight man" =
honda hatchback
Old 04-08-2004, 03:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's also funny you call the camaro a grocery getter.
Oooooookayyyyy, you're the one peter puffin' a hatchback.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MillaTK
RICER EXCUSE!!!

Yeah... I still wouldn't want to be seen driving a civic. I really don't care how fast it is. IF I am going to have a fast FWD car, then it would probably be a VW. I would still take american muscle and RWD anyday.

Maybee you've never heard the term American Honda!!!
Most Hondas that are in the US are made here which makes them American!!!

VW is actually a German car, and if there are any fast ones I've never heard of them.

How old are you 16?
Old 04-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by john_matrix
That's also funny you call the camaro a grocery getter.
Oooooookayyyyy, you're the one peter puffin' a hatchback.

Dude your a MORON! this is the cars nickname given to it by the owners! Go to Hotrodgossip.com see for yourself, and while your at it

As for the rest of you haters, I could care less what you think. Like I said I too have a Z28 and was once like you... Then I woke up and found out about technology, precision and reliability!

Now even GM, Dodge, Ford is getting into the "sport compact" FWD scene, but I guess you hate those too because they are different than the same old crap your used to.

And as for the crowd going wild, thats what happens everytime a car gets jumped out of the hole that bad and then runs them down and beats them. To me that just made it an even better race!

Last edited by Mochanic; 04-08-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:24 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... Then I woke up and found out about technology, precision and reliability!

I can't believe I just read that. All credibility lost.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Teching In

old people could be made fast if you strapped some nitrous onto their wheelchairs.

dosn't mean it's a quality ride though...
Old 04-08-2004, 08:56 AM
STF Veteran

Hey Mochanic, last I checked, nobody on this board gives a flyin' **** about rice. Take your Uncle Bens *** shootin limp noodle stories back over to the ever so gay Honda forums, and spare us of your existence.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=Mochanic]
VW is actually a German car, and if there are any fast ones I've never heard of them.

QUOTE]

paradise racing put an aircooled pushrod vw FOUR banger in the 6's like three years ago where have you been? last i heard it ran 6.80's@208. so much for that high tech honda edge . unless something has changed there STILL isnt a honda 4 cylinder in the 6's. its a tired phrase usually used by people who get beat BUT it applies here " no matter how fast it is its STILL just a civic."
Old 04-08-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry I don't know the nicknames of every car. Why do you even come here trolling around? What's the point? THis conversation has been had so many times, it's ridiculous. Go back to under the bridge, troll.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I see you had no response. And you know what i will do, i think i will contact Joe and James Lovelady and see what cars we can pull up that will be at the track to waste that worthless civic. You are the one that sounds like the 16 year old!

Mod motors are just as old as Pushrod motors, so were does this precision and technology statement come from?!?!

Are you ever going to let me in on the bad *** LT1 you are supposedly making or am i just going to have to HEAR about it. Why do you want to make a 1000 rwhp lt1, and then praise to the lord about how bad *** a ****** 600 fwhp civic is. you make no sense at all. What shop do you OWN or work for.

STRAP ON THE BOOTS BOYS, THE BULLSHIT IS GETTING DEEP IN HERE!!

Gray
Old 04-08-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sadly Mochanic is probably just another 16 year old assclown ricer that's sitting behind his computer right now jackin' off to the fact that he got a whole forum pissed off at him.
1000hp LT1 yeah right, give Big Bronc your address so he can confirm that.
Mochanic, you have it all wrong. 4cyl Honda + big boost + NAWWWS does not equal "technology, precision and reliability." It equals broken motor every other race.
You want to know about the strides in technology in V8's? The LS1 is a great engine to look at, or maybe the LS5 ZR-1 vette motor. Even the 4.6L Romeo Ford Modular V8 has cutting edge technology. Face it buddy, you're fighting a losing battle. Drag racing is about two things, (with driver being the major variable) Highest power and lowest weight. You import owners love to tote about horsepower, but you all forget about torque which is the true measure of a vehicle's power.
So you go spin your little weedwacker wherever else you want, you wont find many fans here.

Oh, did I mention you're a dick!

Tony
Old 04-08-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anyways, how many pump gas or Fairly streetablt 1000 rwhp lt1's are there. NOT too many. I am going to check the archives and current Forced induction section and let them drop in on this.

Btw, the first time that civic gets an ounce of traction off the line, his transaxles will snap anyways. If you are not breaking one thing, it is another....

I will be in houston tonight. We are having a nice F-body meet saturday. Tons of nice cars should be out if weather holds. Just put the directions or address to the shop here, or PM me. I will stop by tomorrow or this weekend. I want to see this for myself and i will come on here, and tell everyone to get off your case. Until then, go back to eating dicks, cause you are not getting anywere with your trollish bullshit.

Thank you sirs and have a good day. Owning you homos just gets easier and easier
Old 04-08-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybee you've never heard the term American Honda!!!
Most Hondas that are in the US are made here which makes them American!!!

How old are you 16?
Umm... Honda is a Japanese brand, last I checked. I don't give a **** if it was made in America, it is still a japanese designed car.

VW is german? Gee... I didn't know that. Yes, there are some fast ones, but they are just not too popular. The old aircooled engines in the bugs were often built up and were rivals for old school american muscle... Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to flame you or anything, I was just saying that I have no interest in owning a civic. I can't stand them, no matter how fast one might be. It is just not my cup of tea, thats all I'm saying. Again, the reason I said the only FWD car that I would work with really is a VW, and it would be a 1st or 2nd gen(like my car) watercooled car. This is just because that is what I like. It is not for everybody. I wasn't bashing anything else. You are way too sensitive bud... calm down a bit, maybe take some ritalin or something.

Oh yeah, I am 19, as of yesterday, actually. I don't know why that really matters, as I wasn't really acting very childish.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:25 PM
STF Veteran

Mochanic = "*** raping uncle ******"
Old 04-08-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, someone spiked this thread with some HATERADE.........

Lot of haters......

"Still a civic blah blah blah blah blah blah"

........that would smoke your ***.

"Drag racing is about two things, (with driver being the major variable) Highest power and lowest weight."

well I would think 600 at the wheels in a 2400lb car would smoke most haters in this thread.

"Still wouldn't want one. Front wheel drive, no matter how fast, is not my thing."

Nobody is telling you to buy a civic....

I think everyone is hatin cause he beat the Camaro. Props to him.

"Anyways, how many pump gas or Fairly streetablt 1000 rwhp lt1's are there. NOT too many. I am going to check the archives and current Forced induction section and let them drop in on this."

interrogation.......
Old 04-08-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stop spoiling our fun
Old 04-08-2004, 02:06 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still wouldn't want one.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

honestly, how many 1000 rwhp turbo lt1's do you know of. not to mention from a guy like him.

I live in houston as well, and i know the cars we have. I told him fast civic, i wouldnt drive it but fast. if he would not have to put spin on it saying, look at this **** getting beat and starting it off bad, we would not have this. but **** it. **** happens, and i STILL would not drive it, it is a civic!