Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter VS Honda Civic! for all you import haters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS

I can't believe I just read that. All credibility lost.

Sorry if you dont like new and better things... its sad that a Civic can be made so much faster than any GM product for the same amount of money, and it starts out with far less too! For less than $5k you can have a Civic SI running low 11's and it still be full interior, A/C, P/S, excellent gas mileage, and super reliable.

Originally Posted by hondakiller
Originally Posted by Mochanic
VW is actually a German car, and if there are any fast ones I've never heard of them.
paradise racing put an aircooled pushrod vw FOUR banger in the 6's like three years ago where have you been? last i heard it ran 6.80's@208. so much for that high tech honda edge . unless something has changed there STILL isnt a honda 4 cylinder in the 6's. its a tired phrase usually used by people who get beat BUT it applies here " no matter how fast it is its STILL just a civic."

And it probably weighed 1500lbs or less and was definatly not a street car that can be driven every day and to wherever you like, not to mention its a rear wheel drive car!!! I admit, a FWD car is not an ideal drag car, but its still hella fun to drive.

Originally Posted by BigBronco
I see you had no response. And you know what i will do, i think i will contact Joe and James Lovelady and see what cars we can pull up that will be at the track to waste that worthless civic. You are the one that sounds like the 16 year old!

Mod motors are just as old as Pushrod motors, so were does this precision and technology statement come from?!?!

Are you ever going to let me in on the bad *** LT1 you are supposedly making or am i just going to have to HEAR about it. Why do you want to make a 1000 rwhp lt1, and then praise to the lord about how bad *** a ****** 600 fwhp civic is. you make no sense at all. What shop do you OWN or work for.
STRAP ON THE BOOTS BOYS, THE BULLSHIT IS GETTING DEEP IN HERE!!
Gray

First of all I didnt say it was the fastest car known to man. I said it was the best race the Civic ever had! I know there are much faster cars out there, but apples to apples its very fast for a DAILY STREET DRIVEN, STREET lEGAL, Full Interiored car.

Some of the very same technology that GM is starting to put in their cars was derrived from Honda... such as VTEC that was invented back in 1991. Not to mention how Honda whips *** on the Indy circuit while everybody else whines about it.

I want a 1000rwhp LT1 because thats where I started out many years ago, and sunk way to much money into a car that I will never be able to sell and break even. Plus, A rear wheel drive is a much better drag car! (although I am putting a powerglide in a Civic soon and converting it to a rear wheel drive car with a new 2.4L K series motor that should put an easy 700+ hp to the tires).
Besides, I still love my Z28, and have owned one every since I started driving 16 years ago! (hint, hint) After graduating from Wyo tech in '92 I got a Job at Acura, and bought my 93 Z28 which I still have today, and is the same car that had the first front mounted Intercooler an F body has every had. (it was a Procharger kit that I made all new piping for rather than laying the IC down like the kit was made to do.)

I am opened minded enough to like more than 1 particular car or brand, and dont hate on others because they drive what they like.

Originally Posted by PSU_Engineer
Sadly Mochanic is probably just another 16 year old assclown ricer that's sitting behind his computer right now jackin' off to the fact that he got a whole forum pissed off at him.
1000hp LT1 yeah right, give Big Bronc your address so he can confirm that.
Mochanic, you have it all wrong. 4cyl Honda + big boost + NAWWWS does not equal "technology, precision and reliability." It equals broken motor every other race.
You want to know about the strides in technology in V8's? The LS1 is a great engine to look at, or maybe the LS5 ZR-1 vette motor. Even the 4.6L Romeo Ford Modular V8 has cutting edge technology. Face it buddy, you're fighting a losing battle. Drag racing is about two things, (with driver being the major variable) Highest power and lowest weight. You import owners love to tote about horsepower, but you all forget about torque which is the true measure of a vehicle's power.
So you go spin your little weedwacker wherever else you want, you wont find many fans here.
Oh, did I mention you're a dick!

Tony

See there you go again, thinking you know everything... the Civic is still on the same motor, same aftermarket DSS stg 3 axles, drives to the track rather than riding on a trailer like most domestic iron that runs in the 10's And so far we have never broken any motor at any race since the car was built. Oh, and its a bone *** stock tranny too that was never inteded or designed to handle 600+hp!

It was LT5, not LS5!!! which I probably know more about than you ever will even though they were only around a couple years because of its overpriced unreliable parts.

Did it look like we lacked tq to you in that video? I would say that 400 tq to the wheels is not bad for a 1.9L that spins the tires all the way down the track and well over 120mph with slicks!

You are right about something, (finally) drag racing is about power to weight ratio. Well go do the math on your Z and tell me your anywhere near 3.66lbs per HP at the wheels!!! In case you need help, its near 9 lbs per HP on the Grocery Getter...

Oh and about being a DICK... have you read all the other posts? I came in here being very friendly, it was A$$holes like you that turned it into this.

Originally Posted by BigBronco
honestly, how many 1000 rwhp turbo lt1's do you know of. not to mention from a guy like him.

I live in houston as well, and i know the cars we have. I told him fast civic, i wouldnt drive it but fast. if he would not have to put spin on it saying, look at this **** getting beat and starting it off bad, we would not have this. but **** it. **** happens, and i STILL would not drive it, it is a civic!

Your right not many at all, but I build custom cars from Vettes, Camaro's, and 90% Honda's. My shop is in the plans stage, so for now I work out of my garage like most famous shop owners did.
The motor is built for the car, I'm working on the powerglide now, I've also just modded an Opti junk to use it as a cam sensor for the sequential F.A.S.T. (Speed Pro) which you can see pics of at Opti Cam Sensor.
I still need the E-Dist unit, and 8 LS1 coilpacks.
Once the motor is set into the car on top of the Pro Fab Chromeoly K member that I already have, I will start mocking up the turbo manifolds that will supply the Monster 96mm Thumper turbo.

This project is taking so long because I have a full time job building cars for other people, so I only get to work on my stuff in between jobs which isnt much time at all.

Bronco, we ought to meet up sometime, I'm sure you would probably like me if you met me and see that I'm not some punk *** kid talking $hit about things I have no clue about. I like fast cars in general, and really don't care who makes it. If you want I'll take you for a ride in the Civic... (PS, we dont have to tell anybody you actually rode in a Honda!) :-)

Peace!
Randy
Old 04-08-2004, 03:54 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if you dont like new and better things... its sad that a Civic can be made so much faster than any GM product for the same amount of money, and it starts out with far less too! For less than $5k you can have a Civic SI running low 11's and it still be full interior, A/C, P/S, excellent gas mileage, and super reliable.
Yeah, and in the end, you're driving a Civic. Still wouldn't want one.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1. It was LT5, not LS5!!! which I probably know more about than you ever will even though they were only around a couple years because of its overpriced unreliable parts.
2. You are right about something, (finally) drag racing is about power to weight ratio. Well go do the math on your Z and tell me your anywhere near 3.66lbs per HP at the wheels!!! In case you need help, its near 9 lbs per HP on the Grocery Getter...
Oh and about being a DICK... have you read all the other posts? I came in here being very friendly, it was A$$holes like you that turned it into this.
To address your points:
1. Don't ever assume that my typo means you know more about the internal combustion engine than I do. My degree in Mechanical Engineering means that I can explain how an engine works. Your schooling will not have prepared you for the advanced thermodynamic principals, heat transfer through substances that I've been educated in.
2. No, my car doesn't make anywhere near that kind of power.
3. I was addressing your wonderful childish posting with my original statement. Oh you know the one where you went on a immature rant when nobody was listening to you. I'll admit you held your own for your first posts, but did like every other troll does when angered. You were a dick, admit it.
And I will freely admit to you and the entire forum that I am an *******, I won't deny this

Tony
Old 04-08-2004, 05:31 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm an ******* too. Still wouldn't want a Civic.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What do you expect coming on this board and touting a civic?
Yeah the civic is fast, don't want it. We're not sore because it beat the camaro, WE DON'T CARE. We just don't care about the 1% of civics that beat f-bods.
Here's a poll: Has anyone been beaten by ANY kind of civic, street or strip?
How many people have 10 second camaros that they trailer? Not too many.
Face it: Most fast imports are trailer queens, and get beat by domestics.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Teching In

To address your points:
1. Don't ever assume that my typo means you know more about the internal combustion engine than I do. My degree in Mechanical Engineering means that I can explain how an engine works. Your schooling will not have prepared you for the advanced thermodynamic principals, heat transfer through substances that I've been educated in.
2. No, my car doesn't make anywhere near that kind of power.
3. I was addressing your wonderful childish posting with my original statement. Oh you know the one where you went on a immature rant when nobody was listening to you. I'll admit you held your own for your first posts, but did like every other troll does when angered. You were a dick, admit it.
And I will freely admit to you and the entire forum that I am an *******, I won't deny this

Tony

Old 04-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I dont understand why people cant just say it was a good race and leave it at that. Looked to me like there are a lot of people on here who dont just appreciate a good race to me. I found that race pretty close and a damn good one. Would have been better if the Z would have prevailed, but....

Ah, who am I kidding, the Civic waxed that *** and people have sand in thier vaginas about it. I have to admit it was close and he did get treed, but he won.

I didnt ever think that Civic's would be referred to as "trailer queens", I thought that was the pet name of some people on here's wives.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I'm an ******* too. Still wouldn't want a Civic.
Wanna start an AA ******** Anonymous group?
Of course we won't be anonymous if we announce it.

Originally Posted by RedNeck
I dont understand why people cant just say it was a good race and leave it at that
Look, I'll admit it was a good race.
Mochanic, ya put together a real fast car that could probably own alot of people here. I give you alot of credit for being able to wrench on a Honda that well.
What I can't understand is why people come in here swinging pimping their cars in an LS1 FORUM. If he would have realized from the get-go that most of the members here would share his enthusiasm, he would have got along better. Instead, by his third post, he began to lose his composure.
There are many reasons to "police" such a forum as this. Mostly it prevents trolling which turns into large flame wars.
Yes, I have sand in my vagina and it itches!

Tony
(I'm a grumpy member)
Old 04-08-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey, can I be an ******* too? Pretty please?
Old 04-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Wanna start an AA ******** Anonymous group?
Of course we won't be anonymous if we announce it.

Look, I'll admit it was a good race.
Mochanic, ya put together a real fast car that could probably own alot of people here. I give you alot of credit for being able to wrench on a Honda that well.
What I can't understand is why people come in here swinging pimping their cars in an LS1 FORUM. If he would have realized from the get-go that most of the members here would share his enthusiasm, he would have got along better. Instead, by his third post, he began to lose his composure.
There are many reasons to "police" such a forum as this. Mostly it prevents trolling which turns into large flame wars.
Yes, I have sand in my vagina and it itches!

Tony
(I'm a grumpy member)
Thanks,
The only reason I posted this in an LS1 forum is because you dont see a bunch of races with LS1 cars getting beat... especially a fast LS1 by a Honda. Mainly I was just trying to show you guys not all Hondas are "ricers" and you can like both of them like I do.

Randy
Old 04-08-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks,
The only reason I posted this in an LS1 forum is because you dont see a bunch of races with LS1 cars getting beat... especially a fast LS1 by a Honda. Mainly I was just trying to show you guys not all Hondas are "ricers" and you can like both of them like I do.

Randy
Ok... much better post... Yes, most of us will give props to a fast car, no matter what it is... i think you took it personally when we said that we just wouldn't want one... doesnt mean we don't have respect for it. I have to admit, that civic was crazy fast... just came out of nowhere from behind and stole the Win...
Old 04-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Teching In

of all the people that have replied to the post how many of you can run 10.60's with your car not your friends pro mod car
john

proud owner of a 588hp acura integra
11.01 @ 137mph

look 3 red necks hitting there head on the wall

Last edited by nurv99; 04-09-2004 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

closest i have is a junky full interior 11 sec. all motor car. working on a future turbo stang with the help of livernois motorsports!! Thanks Dan by the way!!

Randy, i am sure if i met you, we would prolly get a long just fine! you came off here with a bad start. I am going to the Auto show tomorrow, and i am installing a cam in a car on saturday then going to an F-bod meet on westheimer around 6 pm. not sure were, but if i find out tomorrow i will PM you the details!! What side of town are you on? i am on the north west side and i am going to be gone for another two weeks after this sunday.

I have driven a car with 700 rwhp, im sure 588 fwhp is going to be a tad weaker. I do not like torque sterr, i think that is gay!

Gray
Old 04-09-2004, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This whole thing is ****** hilarious.

1- Stock Civics are a joke. Modded Civics are a joke. Highly modded Civics can get decently quick.

2- The Mustang mod motor is in 6.9s. The LT1 and LS1 are in 8.5s. What kind of import has a motor with that kind of potential in a stock trim (not swapped in)? That's what I thought.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:18 AM
On The Tree

i saw that freakin race, it was awsome.
that car is very fast, fun to watch.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:16 AM
STF Veteran

For less than $5k you can have a Civic SI running low 11's and it still be full interior, A/C, P/S, excellent gas mileage, and super reliable.
Randy
FYI you can have a LS1 in the 10's for $5k. It would have A/C, P/S, decent gas mileage, and be just as reliable.

150 shot of nitrous_________$850
Cam_____________________$800
Heads___________________$1200
12 bolt rear end___________$2000
Old 04-09-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mochanic posts quality LS1 kill.

Mochanic gets the usual lame STF response.

Mochanic STF

Good work Randy!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nurv99
of all the people that have replied to the post how many of you can run 10.60's with your car not your friends pro mod car
john

[/SIZE]
not many... but why does that matter?

Nice numbers you got there though..., what you got done to it?
Old 04-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Teching In

yea those hondas are damn fast... but I wouldn't buy one.

Might get beat by one now and then, but I just personally don't like honda's overall direction as a company, and for a similar ammount of money, I could definatly find a car made by another company I would rather have.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Teching In

we know no one in this forum wants to by a honda just wanted to share with you so you do think all hondas are slow
john