Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter VS Honda Civic! for all you import haters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mochanic
Also, we know a V8 can be made faster, hell with 4-5 times the motor you would be a dumb *** to think otherwise!
You've just finished this argument yourself. V-8s are faster, who cares how? Stop making excuses, you're slower. Period, end of story.

One more thing, here's a simple math lesson for you...

8 divided by 4 equals 2. Not 4, not 5. How the hell do you figure 4-5 times the motor? Man, you should really quit "building cars" and go back to elementary school if you can't even multiply and divide yet.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we all got it fiogured out,

"Bitches" on the cover make the world go 'round.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

mmmm bitches....
Old 04-14-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fastest naturally aspirated run came from Jerry Haas two years ago in Bob Phelps' 1963 Corvette. The ultra trick Corvette ran A/A with a 632 inch Pontiac backed by a 5-speed. The car ran 6.782 at 203.89 with Haas at the wheel. Next to Blakeney's Thunderbird, this car had to be the most popular car in Competition eliminator.
Here's the link

http://www.draglist.com/Danny/quickcomp99.htm

Anything can be made fast with boost. When an import can do what Bob did, without boost or nitrous, I'll take notice.

And if there are any ricer flame up's about the whole N/A comment, V8's seem to like boost as well.

http://www.nhra.com/stats/natrecord.html

Give us a call when the 4 cyl's can take down the V6 records.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by enisguy
You've just finished this argument yourself. V-8s are faster, who cares how? Stop making excuses, you're slower. Period, end of story.

8 divided by 4 equals 2. Not 4, not 5. How the hell do you figure 4-5 times the motor? Man, you should really quit "building cars" and go back to elementary school if you can't even multiply and divide yet.

I figured it out!!! Enis really is short for *****....You ***** J/K
Old 04-15-2004, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LMAO )
have you seen that video/pics of that school bus wheelies
Old 04-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by enisguy

Before you go mouthing your dumb *** off, YOU might want to go take a math lesson!
Since when does the number of cylinders have to do with the size of an engine?

1.6L B16 or 1.8L LS and GSR VS ungodly Liter V8s = 4-5 times bigger!!!

must be another 16yr old!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by unit213
Let me know when Top Fuel dragsters are running 4 bangers.
that would be one awful sound. just imagine the headers as four independent 4'' fart cans the nationals would attract bees from 1,000 square miles if it was in any proportion to the loudness of those hemi's

btw, we never said all hondas are slow, just 99% of them are all sound and no go.

Last edited by SMOKIN01TA; 04-15-2004 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:05 AM
Teching In

well lets clear one thing up for the people who failed reading comprehention i said
of all the people that have replied to the post how many of you can run 10.60's with your car not your friends pro mod car
think about that for a minute then explain why people keep telling me to go to the forced induction section.

Aries I can think of 5-10 local hondas in the 10's that have full interrior and are street driven.
that is true. there is also about 20 11sec hondas locally(houston) which brings me to the 15 - 30 10 secondcars on this site(this is a nation wide site) i count 36 i think on honda tech there is at least that many and there 9 and 8 second cars also. as a matter of fact some of the fastest hondas in the world post on honda tech (like stephan that runs 6.60's)

that would be one awful sound. just imagine the headers as four independent 4'' fart cans the nationals would attract bees from 1,000 square miles if it was in any proportion to the loudness of those hemi's
just imagine all the winning in the crowds when it clicks off 5sec pass and all the v8 guys have to pick there jaws up off the ground so they can yell bull **** hes cheating.

ricers
have you seen some of the domestic **** pulling into parking lots lately wings taller than i have seen on any import(more cyclinders bigger wing right) stickers every where but the funny part how many domestics put APC stickers on the car(alot) and they make about the most bling junk out there. why do you guys try and bring up ricers every time you are faced with a fast car that happens to be an import. if i would of keep count of all the mustang gts,formulas,z28's,camaros and ect that have pulled into a parking lot with no exhaust it would be in the hundreds(which is about the same for imorts).just like you hate to see the sister to your car molested ,so do we. the problem with the weaving in and out of traffic,reveing up,doing burn outs and the biggest problem i think DRINKING (enisguy you especially on this) is that these kids which 99.9 % of the time that is who it is (import and domestic) were not beat enough when they were younger.

aries Rice need not apear at the track as they're "too fast"
what does this mean?

dont worry my next project is a rwd import 4cyl and i wont have front wheel drive traction problem as a excuse. but i will be driving a streetable 9 sec car so i am sure i will be the one hearing the excuses.hehe

john
Old 04-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nurv99
well lets clear one thing up for the people who failed reading comprehention i said

think about that for a minute then explain why people keep telling me to go to the forced induction section.

that is true. there is also about 20 11sec hondas locally(houston) which brings me to the 15 - 30 10 secondcars on this site(this is a nation wide site) i count 36 i think on honda tech there is at least that many and there 9 and 8 second cars also. as a matter of fact some of the fastest hondas in the world post on honda tech (like stephan that runs 6.60's)

just imagine all the winning in the crowds when it clicks off 5sec pass and all the v8 guys have to pick there jaws up off the ground so they can yell bull **** hes cheating.

have you seen some of the domestic **** pulling into parking lots lately wings taller than i have seen on any import(more cyclinders bigger wing right) stickers every where but the funny part how many domestics put APC stickers on the car(alot) and they make about the most bling junk out there. why do you guys try and bring up ricers every time you are faced with a fast car that happens to be an import. if i would of keep count of all the mustang gts,formulas,z28's,camaros and ect that have pulled into a parking lot with no exhaust it would be in the hundreds(which is about the same for imorts).just like you hate to see the sister to your car molested ,so do we. the problem with the weaving in and out of traffic,reveing up,doing burn outs and the biggest problem i think DRINKING (enisguy you especially on this) is that these kids which 99.9 % of the time that is who it is (import and domestic) were not beat enough when they were younger.

what does this mean?

dont worry my next project is a rwd import 4cyl and i wont have front wheel drive traction problem as a excuse. but i will be driving a streetable 9 sec car so i am sure i will be the one hearing the excuses.hehe

john
YEA!!!

winning = whining...
I know, I know, its late.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:29 AM
STF Veteran

I think you guys have fast cars and I respect that. I think the way everyone got started on the wrong foot is why there is so much tension. Everyone needs to back up and take a breath. There are fast imports and there are fast domestics. It is a matter of your taste.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:49 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

Quote:
of all the people that have replied to the post how many of you can run 10.60's with your car not your friends pro mod car

i can does that count. i can go way past that to 9.20's or better in my own car. so there you've been answered
Old 04-15-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

c'mon 68... don't be modest... you can go faster than that...
Old 04-15-2004, 02:45 PM
STF Veteran

That is pretty impressive 68. I didn't know your car was that fast.
Teching In

A fast car is a fast car, no questions asked.

I think the majority of the people on these boards appriciate american muscle more then anything else, and for that reason the opinions of most will be biased.

I do not despise the hondas/acuras/mitzubishi/etc for the appriciation of american muscle, etc. I prefer quality above everything else, and one thing I have not seen coming from many of these companies for a while has been quality.

For quite some time I was just stuck on german engineering as the end-all, and in a way I still am. But I have using american for most of my life, and I do appriciate the camaro greatly and am interested in picking one up in 07 if they are going to be released then.

One thing I can not deal with is buying crap.
Hyundai, as an example, should be wiped off the face of the earth.

The next step up from there are all these companies like honda with their mid-sized tart-cart machines.

Most american names I view as mid level, with ford, chevy, dodge all in the general area (though it is clear who has most of the control).

From that point on it goes mostly german/european. crazy deutchelanders. You have american models sneaking in here and there, but with bmw, vw, audi, etc, there is some tough competitiion.

I wouldn't but a honda. It's nothing personal, it's just not for me. Sure, they can move. But not for me. Give me my camaro. When I make six figures a year, then I'll start messing around with my A8s and my 7Series, but until then my price range is a lot smaller, and it certainly isn't in the honda zone.
TECH Apprentice

I agree I think everyone needs to take a step back and take a deep breath and calm the hell down. I give these props for going fast and theres no reason for any excuses here and maybe there are 10-15 10-11 sec hondas in town. I know of 3 - 5 off the top of my head. But at the same time i promise you many people could have 10-20 or more 10-11sec ls1s/fbodies easily out there but most choose not to come out all the time. Not everyone with a fast f-body posts here or even has the internet.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
That is pretty impressive 68. I didn't know your car was that fast.
Yeah... he sprays a ****-load of nitrous I think... but all motor is still really fast.

Originally Posted by TX_Silverado
Not everyone with a fast f-body posts here or even has the internet.
Holy ****... I found that to be really funny... Those are all the ones with the mullets, right?
Old 04-15-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

i personally dont hate the look and ride of most stock imports, they fell like big go carts and i like go-carts. but i do hate some of the cocky jackasses that drive them and the ear piercing, make you want to vomit noise that they make with a muffler that exits 10x what the inlet is. they need to make some 1.5" bullets for them things if flow is what they want. get rid of the noise.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Holy ****... I found that to be really funny... Those are all the ones with the mullets, right?
Right, Jetta boy. Only 20 year old punk computer geeks can have fast cars...

SC-
Old 04-15-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I bet I could hit 10.20 with a 100 shot but I'm just bench racing here