Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter VS Honda Civic! for all you import haters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aries i saw where you posted can i race the civic next sorry missed that
john
Old 04-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrev
Now ask yourself this, how many of you have gotten publicity in a magazine, money from gm, actually taken home money from winning a race?
Theres too many cars out there running quick enough to get any recongnition in a magazine.Not like its on everyones minds in the first place.Yeah it would be cool to get a few pages dedicated to your ride,but I wouldnt say its as important as it is in the compact world where its a dream to get your bling mobile in Import Racer or something.I think out of all the magazines out there for compacts,SCC is the only one to actually feature some real cool rides that can hold there own on more than some stupid show circuit like most of those riced out "show cars". And as BigBronco said, GM really has no reason to hand anyone money just because they have a fast car. Theres just too many people out there running sick times to justify it. GM is already getting alot of attention towards the LS1, so theres no need to pay anyone because they have a quick one. And I bet quite a few of us here have taken home money from a race.**** I could go and rent a stock GA GT from Hertz and run the most consistent times of anyone at the track and take home 150 bucks.Whats your point??
I will take it a step further by asking could you be competitive in a heads-up class at any event whether it be NHRA, NMCA, FUN FORD, or any others. Truth is you probably not many simply because as stated earlier there are a bazillion super fast v8's.
Probably.You just have to be in the right class,perform the right mods,and be one hell of a tuner/driver.
I am proud to drive a civic, an integra, an altima, and my 2 chevy trucks!
I'm sorry
Old 04-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1again
**** I could go and rent a stock GA GT from Hertz and run the most consistent times of anyone at the track and take home 150 bucks.Whats your point??
Wooptie doo $150.. that's alot of fun when bracket is the only class your fast enough to compete in.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Teching In

gsrev Wooptie doo $150.. that's alot of fun when bracket is the only class your fast enough to compete in.
and probally has to sand bag by running a slower bracket and just stay right ahead of the car and hope he doesnt break out

aries you out there we are waiting for a response.

john
Old 04-14-2004, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS

Heck, next thing we know, the NASCAR boys gonna be drivin' round in front wheel drive four bangers? That would be the day I get on a boat a row away from these shores.
I'll if that ever happens.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:46 AM
On The Tree

gsrev and friends,

I realize that imports can be made fast and I respect that. I am not gonna claim that my car is faster or will be faster. The problem I have with most imports and their drivers especially is their general lack of respect of others and the law. There have been countless times when I was out with my g/f or other family members just taking it easy when some punk in a riced out import starts revving and weaving in and out of traffic to get my attention. I am not claiming that you behave like this, but it seems like most import drivers who mod up do. They always have something to prove. This is why I hate imports and will never own one.- whether they are better or not. I think I share the same feelings as many here on this forum.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:57 AM
Teching In

over here in texas they get our car meets broke up cause they start tryin to do burnouts and do donuts in reverse and all that crap! And i don't care how fast a honda is, i still wouldn't drive it!

Last edited by coreypewter99z; 04-14-2004 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:28 AM
STF Veteran

They do that around here too. I don't hang out often at all but, I met up with some guys on LS1tech to meet them in person. There was about 30 ricers swarming around us in the parking lot trying to get us to go to another town and street race a stock Mach 1. They were doing burn outs and other stupid ****. When I was pulling out of the parking lot the cops were haulin *** down the road towards the ricers. Their mentality probably gets them into a lot of trouble and accidents.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same thing where i live.every sunday night theres a huuuuge gathering(atleast 500 cars,1500+ people)up at our local beach parking lot,and most of the retards doing stupid **** are import guys.doesnt matter what they drive(ive seen everything from a ford contour to mommies ******* 4 door camry),they feel the need to show off like they can get respect for dropping the clutch at 5k(or even better off the rev limiter ) and burning the **** out of their toyos.or they feel the need to accelerate hard then let off the gas real quick so their HKS SS BOV goes off nice and loud but when it comes down to it no one really cares and everyone thinks their stupid ricers.we'll be lucky this year if the cops dont totally shut the beach down this year.hell there was another cruise in at a local restaurant that has recently got shut down thanks to ricer assclowns.thanks fucksticks
the import mentality sucks period.yes there are a few out there that have respect,but those guys are few and far between.this does not go to say that all domestic guys are totally innocent of *** clowning,cause that would be an obvious lie.but i think they are heavily outnumbers by ricer assclowns.and even when some dude in a muscle car feels the need to do a burnout,atleast its respectable.
oh yeah and to keep this on topic,honduhs still suck no matter how fast
Old 04-14-2004, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nurv99
and probally has to sand bag by running a slower bracket and just stay right ahead of the car and hope he doesnt break out

aries you out there we are waiting for a response.

john
I'm here.
Just wading through the crap in the thread

I'll be happy to come out to HRP or HMP in the next couple weeks with you guys Just as long as I don't have to her "But you have 2x the cylinders we do" from anyone. (I.E. Not on import night)
Old 04-14-2004, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nurv99
aries

so what day next weekend did you want to meet me and gsrev at hrp(perferabally sunday) the only way i wont be there is if i blow my motor in baton rouge. that is the 2nd of may so check your calender.

if this happens there will be a vid and the quaility will be better than the one that seemed to **** all of you guys off. what is really funny i wonder if any of the ls1's i have raced and beat are a member of this forum because i have beat 10 plus ls1's countless mustangs and lt1s 5 or 6 03 cobras a viper a gt2 porche, a r6 and a r1 from a 40 to 150 roll(i forgot you guys keep loses like that secret from each other)
i know there are fast *** ls1's and lt1's in this area i just have not had a chance to race one yet. but i dont mind getting beat because it is fun either way.

oh ARIES i could not find where you had previosly challenged me or gsrev

john
Finally found the post. (god I had to dig through a lot of crap)
Yeah, Sunday the 2nd sounds great for me.
It's an instant green day, so it'll be just like the street.

Lemme know as the week goes on if it'll still be good for you.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:03 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

of all the people that have replied to the post how many of you can run 10.60's with your car not your friends pro mod car
Plenty of 10 sec cars on this site.

Honda's come with very good suspension already, and a few minor tweaks and it will at handle a modded LS1 anyday! But yea a 15.5 is not all that fast for a 1.6L 4 banger, but like I said for only $5k I can drop off 4 seconds in the 1/4... Can an LS1 do that? Uhhhhh NO!
So hondas start out slow so its okay they are slower? Good logic!

How bout I drop a 400 hp 350 into a 4 cyclinder 3rd gen f-body and take 5-6 seconds off my ET for $2500. Have I done anything special? Or do I still have an average 11 second car?

but if what you say is true, then why doesnt everybody have a 10 sec. LS1?
There may be 2 of them around here... out of 100's of them!
Look around more. There is even a section of the board with time slips. There are cam-only guys in the 10's, and even a few STOCK INTERNAL N/A guys running 10's.

oh by the way 400hp is enough for a f-bod to run 11s, it's been done. even in the mid 3000 pound range.
Done 10's a few times too
Old 04-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Teching In

I've never heard of so many stupid moron excuses...
Blah blah blah!!! How many 16yr olds post on this site?

There are "ricers" and there are fast imports... I hate ricers too as do GSREV, Nurv99, and most anybody that has a fast import! They give imports the bad name.
We do this because nobody else has, because they are different, because its a challenge, and just like ANY other FAST cars, its fun! We too know what your talking about with dumbasses that ruin the local meets, but its usually young punks that need a good it has nothing to do with just imports... you know damn well domestic kids do it too!

Just for grins...
Heres the domestic version of "rice" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=2463481666/
Old 04-14-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

of all the people that have replied to the post how many of you can run 10.60's with your car not your friends pro mod car
umm go to the forced induction page..10 second run on PUMP GAS with a weight of 3700 pounds. and he spun.
but if what you say is true, then why doesnt everybody have a 10 sec. LS1?
There may be 2 of them around here... out of 100's of them!
umm i'm sure there's at least 15-20 people in this SITE ALONE in the 10 second range. there are 2 8 second cars as well, none of them weigh in under 3000 pounds to my knowledge. you know REAL cars, not plastic ***** with swaps to still run slow.

oh yeah there's a 8 second convertible car. LMAO it's really uneven.
how many of you have gotten publicity in a magazine, money from gm, actually taken home money from winning a race?
haha if gm gave money for 8 second cars dorrslammer cars, they would have given out about a billion dollars now.

umm there's a few current people in this site who got their cars in magazines, hate to break it to ya. AND THESE DON'T HAVE ANIME WITH 13 YEAR OLDS LIVING OUT GAY FANTASIES. and no bitches on the cover either.
Wooptie doo $150.
**** on a civic that'll net you negative 3 hp and negative 100 tq.
I will take it a step further by asking could you be competitive in a heads-up class at any event whether it be NHRA, NMCA, FUN FORD, or any others. Truth is you probably not many simply because as stated earlier there are a bazillion super fast v8's.
HAHAHAHA so back to real ife.

I was at the "world cup" in maryland, a Import vs domestic event. Every single rule was RESTRAINING v8s, in displacement and power adders.

THERE WAS A CLASS THAT ALLOWED 2 POERADDERS ON ANY IMPORT BUT NONE ON ANY V8.

^why the **** do you think that was...? they didn't allow certain tire size, and no 2 step or any electrical things to help launch. also they had to have real windows ect ect..

NO turbo on v8s allowed no matter what in any class..and later you saw fiberglass civics running 9s.

but guess what? just using s/c and n20 in REAL CARS with REAL bodies 5.0s and vettes were clicking off low 9 and 8 second runs..

then the old school Chevelles and GTOs came out GAME OVER high 4 second 1/8 miles LMAO.

-that's right 1000 pounds on you with one power adder-

yeah fair my ***, stop believing that bullshit, you drive an economy car that has half the weight and twice the boost just to lose.

even turbos are displacement *****.

PS: if you're powerband is so horribly designed that your in car weight is less than 2800, you have over 400hp and you don't run 10s shoot yourself in the head.

Last edited by Excal; 04-14-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mochanic
Just for grins...
Heres the domestic version of "rice" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=2463481666/
Oh my God, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen. I cannot believe that anyone would ever even think of something like that. I wonder how much horsepower I could gain with one of those?
Old 04-14-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh **** I"M SORRY...

we have about 35 10 and less second cars this year alone. OUCH

theres a big block that ran 8.0, i wonder who owns that monster. this is just one site and the season is still virgin.

as far as being competitive heads up, some of those FURD events don't even allow 5.7 liters PERIOD.

also turbo mustangs have been getting r & D since 1986, unlike the ls1 which is a new engine of sorts, and there are NO sponsored events to help further.

unlike chevy small blocks, 2jz, and a b series honda engine, the ls1 is not figured out yet, its limits continually change.

but ls1tech has a 2 or 3 1000hp cars not close to their (semi-street) potential.

Hemi v8s didn't always power 3000hp+ to fuel cars.

Last edited by Excal; 04-14-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

umm i'm sure there's at least 15-20 people in this SITE ALONE in the 10 second range.
Look around, there are a lot more than that!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Its already been said, but just for those jackasses that keep bringing it up...
We're talking about DAILY DRIVERS!!! NOT DOOR SLAMMERS OR FUEL CARS, OR RAILS, OR 5LB IMAGINARY CARS!!!

Also, we know a V8 can be made faster, hell with 4-5 times the motor you would be a dumb *** to think otherwise!
And the weight issue here is pointless, its all equal in the end due to the fact the 4 bangers dont make a bunch TQ, have way smaller CI's and are FWD!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Teching In

yeah but compare it to an import site. How many 10 second imports are on an import site? Prolly not even half as much as there is v8s on this site!. all the rest are just stock 4 cylinders with a fart pipe in the back! There is a lot more v8s in the 10 second range!
Old 04-14-2004, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

I can think of 5-10 local hondas in the 10's that have full interrior and are street driven.

Rice need not apear at the track as they're "too fast"