Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v + more boost = puppy kicked Cobalt SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Any times on your tt 2v?

When I was n/a with a direct port nitrous setup I went through my suspension with the intent of running off the gas at the track. Well it backfired on the dyno and I then swapped to the twin setup.

I have young kids and really don't want a cage in my car so I've never taken it to the track. Hell back in 06 I even had some torque thrust ll big and littles custom made and they've been sitting in my garage this hole time, still with paper on the tires, lol.

Right now its sitting in my driveway with a fresh motor and transmission but I just haven't felt like finishing it. While it was down I swapped heads, cams, and intake so hopefully it puts up some good numbers soon.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Its Stock
So by you saying that, a 2v is not a good motor because nobody has swapped a 2v? With all this 2v hate, I should just keep my car and build it. LS1LOL. Will I do that? No probably not, I really like GTO's and G8's so that is what I want right now.
No need to be politically correct.

Yes...a 2v is not a good performance engine. Hell a 4v is not that good either. That's why they are never built n/a. You can ram boost threw anything and make it fast....and they don't hold up for that very well either.

hence you wanting a gto or g8.....lol

With that said for the guys that built a fast 2v, good job. Way to put lipstick on a pig!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Lol hio is so two-faced
Old 09-18-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

The norm for a built and boosted 2v is 6-650rwhp and a 4v 7-800, with ls1s 750-850rwhp. The ls1s are no doubt superior its just so sad GM wrapped such a great motor in such an ugly *** body as a camaro. The inferrior sound is just a bonus, lol. There was a reason your(HioSS) car was axed and it wasn't because of the horsepower.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Yes...a 2v is not a good performance engine. Hell a 4v is not that good either. That's why they are never built n/a. You can ram boost threw anything and make it fast....and they don't hold up for that very well either.

With that said for the guys that built a fast 2v, good job. Way to put lipstick on a pig!
Both of those cars are tanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
The norm for a built and boosted 2v is 6-650rwhp and a 4v 7-800, with ls1s 750-850rwhp. The ls1s are no doubt superior its just so sad GM wrapped such a great motor in such an ugly *** body as a camaro. The inferrior sound is just a bonus, lol. There was a reason your(HioSS) car was axed and it wasn't because of the horsepower.

That is not the norm.

Reason for the hate on the 2 valves was the BS Ford spewed when they debuted. They can out rev the 5.0 they replaced(they couldn't and had less low end torque),a 96 GT was SLOWER than a comparable 95 GT which was slower than a 93 GT. Ford claimed in 1996 that there was no way for a pushrod v8 to pass future emmissions(really????). The PI was an improvement but about 3 years too late. They are a BITCH to work on(cam install is really fun-especially on a 4 valve). They are huge. They need a poweradder to run worth a damn even by respectable standards 8 years ago. Even the Ford Powerhouse aftermarket ignored them for years. Aftermarket still has not caught up the previous pushrod motors. Ford had to come out with the FR500 to compete in motorsport events since their production mod motors were weak,difficult to service etc...

Can they be fast? Yes they can. Anything wrong with them being modded. Nope. Just costs some dough and takes some effort.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I thought Camaro's were good looking. Much better than Mustangs of the same area....to me and apparently many others better than the T/A.
Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Both of those cars are tanks.
And they don't need turbo's to run 12's.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
That is not the norm.

Reason for the hate on the 2 valves was the BS Ford spewed when they debuted. They can out rev the 5.0 they replaced(they couldn't and had less low end torque),a 96 GT was SLOWER than a comparable 95 GT which was slower than a 93 GT. Ford claimed in 1996 that there was no way for a pushrod v8 to pass future emmissions(really????). The PI was an improvement but about 3 years too late. They are a BITCH to work on(cam install is really fun-especially on a 4 valve). They are huge. They need a poweradder to run worth a damn even by respectable standards 8 years ago. Even the Ford Powerhouse aftermarket ignored them for years. Aftermarket still has not caught up the previous pushrod motors. Ford had to come out with the FR500 to compete in motorsport events since their production mod motors were weak,difficult to service etc...

Can they be fast? Yes they can. Anything wrong with them being modded. Nope. Just costs some dough and takes some effort.
I've mentioned this before on here but the ford boys thought I was blowing smoke. I was there when Ford was running the new style car in the showroom stock class in RR.......with a none production engine. We were racing in the GT class with M3's but I always paid attention to the tin can classes. Even ford new their **** was a joke for racing.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Teching In

And they don't need turbo's to run 12's.
They have enough cubes, i would hope not
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Banned

The appearance of the car is subjective. And I think it's generally agreed upon that the Trans Am's were the best looking cars, and they still got the axe.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Thumbs up

2V runs nice man !
Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

Really
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Holy understandable person batman!

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
2V runs nice man !
Thanks buddy!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

That is not the norm.

The 4.6 4v has went just as fast as n/a ls1s and the 5.4 has been deep in the 8s on motor. It also makes more power then then ls1, 2 and 3 on stock cubes. Not sure what you are trying to imply here but I damn sure hope it's not that ford should have stayed pushrod not to mention as far as serious turbo builds go 4v>lsx.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

No the reason they are not built n/a is cost and the fact that they lay waste with boost
Old 09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Unlike you automach I have built,raced,driven tons of mods since 96. Who cares what Max effort cars have gone.I simply implied why there is so much hate toward mod motors. Go to a street night or even a Stang vs fbody shootout and that will prove how my posts are realistic and yours rival a pipe dream
Old 09-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Guess me being a 2v owner, I'm not allowed to like LSx engines on this LSx website lol. I can't win!
Your car isn't a bolt on 2v though lol.

If i owned a bolt on 2v id hang myself.

Besides that what do those tihngs trap with bolt ons? I can tell you right now a bolt on ap2 is about a 104-105 mph car. Local one i ran when i was lid only ran door to door with a full bolt on 350z HR that traped 104ish mph.

BTW i can confirm a 2v is a chick car, my mom just sold hers last week.

Last edited by adamantium; 09-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM
***Repost Police***

Full bolt-on, maybe 105mph. A couple of mods, maybe 102mph.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

I don't think women were the primary buyers of 96-04 GTs......
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Every V6 Mustang is either owned by a woman or a teenage boy. The V8 Mustangs are owned by disappointed and shameful adult men.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know, was just messing around.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Full bolt-on, maybe 105mph. A couple of mods, maybe 102mph.
I see.

I like how automach always has to bring full out drag cars into the discussion of your average run of the mill mustang. Very typical.

I mean **** fords modulars have always been turd, They had to put a mid 4xx CFM flowing head and redesign the whole platform to just be able to out run the LSx cars.

Quick Reply: 2v + more boost = puppy kicked Cobalt SS/TC