Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 Z06 vs 96 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilmiller74
Good runs man, I wish my tranny wasnt demolished so i could come play!

Is it paul that is going to race him this weekend?
Bingo and dillon. should be some decent runs. I feel ya on the tranny, mines on its last leg. Whinning real bad and noisey.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 700hpMystic
Bingo and dillon. should be some decent runs. I feel ya on the tranny, mines on its last leg. Whinning real bad and noisey.
The old g8 wants to come out and play with the z too damnit.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

when and where??
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Good runs man!! People dont realize what a steep gear and nitrous does on these cars. And every car in the world is weak compared to HioSSilver.
Now why did ya have to go there....we all know what gear and nos does. Damn, you already tore up your m6 Stang?
Originally Posted by lemons12
The Z should be a 123+ mph car easily.

Would that Cobra trap that with the setup in the vid?
This is what is I'm saying. The cobra should'nt get to 120 on 100 shot at the weight op claims. I would say 115 -118 at the most.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Now why did ya have to go there....we all know what gear and nos does. Damn, you already tore up your m6 Stang?

This is what is I'm saying. The cobra should'nt get to 120 on 100 shot at the weight op claims. I would say 115 -118 at the most.
Yes lol. 3-4 is trashed.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
when and where??
At the dead end spot, this weekend i guess. If i get a exact time i can let you guys know.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Yes lol. 3-4 is trashed.
Damn cory, there you go granny shifting and not double clutching like you should have been. LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

What i love is how everyone caculates races, well it should or should'nt do this or that. Its a street race and has nothing to do with trap speeds or 60fts or any of that. People can compare 2 cars and the out come is not always as it should be, seen it to many times. As far as the cobra it has a 125 shot and does weigh what he said we just weighed them on certified scales at our local truck stop.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Teching In

ive never had mine to the track and probably never will. i like racing on the street, to me its more fun. thats exactly wat the car weighs, it just runs good for wat it is. cory u guys should come down this weekend and hang out. should be somethin goin on.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wonder how the vette would do with a 281 ci motor and a few weights thrown in it. lol
That is the lamest excuse and I WOULD expect that out of you
Its a street race and has nothing to do with trap speeds or 60fts or any of that. People can compare 2 cars and the out come is not always as it should be, seen it to many times.
It has nothing to do with trap speeds or 60 fts?

So a car that is fast doesn't matter? A car that pulls like a bat out of hell out of the hole doesn't matter?

While it is the street and there are many variables, that is a stupid statement. MPH and 60 do matter. The car that gets out of the hole faster leaves the other with a nice gap to catch up on the street. The MPH car is the car that will eventually have the ability to pass. Both matter.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

So a car that is fast doesn't matter? A car that pulls like a bat out of hell out of the hole doesn't matter?

While it is the street and there are many variables, that is a stupid statement. MPH and 60 do matter. The car that gets out of the hole faster leaves the other with a nice gap to catch up on the street. The MPH car is the car that will eventually have the ability to pass. Both matter.
Dude don't bother explaining they said the same exact **** in another thread, where a H/C LS1 lost to a bolt on 5.0 LOL.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Dude don't bother explaining they said the same exact **** in another thread, where a H/C LS1 lost to a bolt on 5.0 LOL.
Thanks for the advice. I'm in the "can't stand stupid people" mood today, so I felt the explanation necessary at the time.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

Thanks for the advice. I'm in the "can't stand stupid people" mood today, so I felt the explanation necessary at the time.
Lol i feel like that everyday, but i just learned to ignore the retards. Most of the time when certain cars run too good to be true, it usually is.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Teching In

That is the lamest excuse and I WOULD expect that out of you

Stay on the side lines you ****** troll!!! All u know is how to use those jaws. post up some of your street races or time tickets. Oh thats right u have a boat!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Most of the time when certain cars run too good to be true, it usually is.

LoL
Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Lol i feel like that everyday, but i just learned to ignore the retards. Most of the time when certain cars run too good to be true, it usually is.
Yet another DING DONG side line racer that knows everything. lmbo All im saying is the out come is never as it may seem with street races, thats all. No diffrent then someone that cant drive at the track dont run the times others do with more driving skills. dang!!!

Last edited by 700hpMystic; 11-20-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

MystiChrome=Small *****

I had to follow the WW2SSARMYD. I decided on a small ***** joke. Whadya think Adam? Acceptable?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cwarta
MystiChrome=Small *****

I had to follow the WW2SSARMYD. I decided on a small ***** joke. Whadya think Adam? Acceptable?
More than acceptable, seems like tooting his own horn on the internet helps him deal with his real life insecurity. Nom saiyan? Not even worth acknowledging his response. Same **** over and over.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Teching In

More than acceptable, seems like tooting his own horn on the internet helps him deal with his real life insecurity. Nom saiyan? Not even worth acknowledging his response. Same **** over and over.
Typical out of a bunch of queer's on the chevy site. I never said anything about myself or tooted my own horn about anything. the last thread got out of hand and was crazy. Whats funny you said it not worth saying anything, but yet you do everytime.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stay on the side lines you ****** troll!!! All u know is how to use those jaws. post up some of your street races or time tickets. Oh thats right u have a boat!!!
Ask and you shall receive. Do a search, you will see that I have contributed races and videos to this section in the past. Troll? Mmm, okay.

Continue to brag about how your heavily modified "cheap" Cobra beats all of these awesome cars. Whatever helps you with your inferiority complex.

You still on IRS? I would love to see you (presuming the average stereotype of Cobra drivers) launch that on the street. If you did a SRA swap, props to you.

Quick Reply: 02 Z06 vs 96 cobra