Originally Posted by 2ssarme
sorry, i don't speak welfare.
Originally Posted by evangto87
thats not what your sig says
boomshakalaka!
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Yes the new SS will be like the G8. Most likely sell like **** and be heavy as hell. Look at the g8's. People have crazy money in them to run subpar times. Ford didn't need more like GM. That's what GM in trouble. Putting a bunch cars out that are all half ***. The only thing GM has right now worth being called a performance car is the vette. The camaro has failed at every level. It can't compete with its competition. And caddys are great performed great but lets face it at 75k for a ctsv it better.
I cant fully agree with this statement. Id love to own a G8. In my opinion they are one of the most practical cars to mod and still drive around town. At the end of the day, are they the fastest car..no... but that wouldnt stop me from owning one in a heart beat. Look at Screamins car. He has FAR from a lot of money in that car. He has a full exhaust, ud pulley, and a small cam. It traps 114 through the auto. That thing will suck up 95% of the cars it runs into on the street and it will do it with one finger on the wheel while sipping a coffee in the other hand. I love both chevy and fords line ups. I just think they dropped the ball with the 5th gen. They could very easily fix this issue for the enthusiast by making a very light weight, big powered NA car. I still vote the z28 should be a 3500lb ls7 NA car. Now THATS a fifth gen i would buy.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:27 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

They stayed in business cause GM and mopar was putting worse crap out. Reason the f150 has sold more trucks period. Why the camaro went out of production. And the mt82 does suck. Yet many have had no issue. But many camaros have had issues with grannies and dropping lifters. And GM did same as Ford started denying warranty do to tunes mods etc. And so far the 5.0 has been faster then any stock cub 5th Gen. Only way it has beat it is engine swapped 427's etc. And that's even with both doing Max builds. So looks like the 5.0 is the better engine since all the GM guys pulling the ls3 for something bigger to go as fast as 5.0's. And you can see out a mustang way more then the 5th Gen. Even though they both have blind spots. Guess you keep ignoring all those test that has shown the GT500 to eat the ZL1 in the road course also.
Dude your really gonna defend the spark plug puking f150's...your a complete idiot. So now you your gonna say because others have bought one you should to?? Have you ever drove one of those gutless pos 2v trucks? Fucken things won't pour **** out of a boot. Ford shoved that **** peoples faces for years and had dumbasses like you believing it with good marketing.

ls>than coyote's / rr hands down. If not you would still be n/a.

If can't see the difference in the handling of a GT500 and a ZL just by watching the vids you should really take up another hobby....like knitting or you would be better at gay ****. The only thing that keeps the GT500 anywhere near the ZL on a road course is it's acceleration.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
they're the same truck there dumdum.

the camaro is just too heavy. put the 5.0 in the camaro and it would be even slower.
No actually not. One is a GMC one is Chevy. Although owned by same. The sierra cost more and is actually suppose be nicer. But how ever you want to try and make it so GM is winning sure. Even they said they just lumped together was only way could beat the f150. Cs it outs sells them.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Dude your really gonna defend the spark plug puking f150's...your a complete idiot. So now you your gonna say because others have bought one you should to?? Have you ever drove one of those gutless pos 2v trucks? Fucken things won't pour **** out of a boot. Ford shoved that **** peoples faces for years and had dumbasses like you believing it with good marketing.

ls>than coyote's / rr hands down. If not you would still be n/a.

If can't see the difference in the handling of a GT500 and a ZL just by watching the vids you should really take up another hobby....like knitting or you would be better at gay ****. The only thing that keeps the GT500 anywhere near the ZL on a road course is it's acceleration.
Still facts are facts. F150 out sold the competition. I actually owned a silverado I bought new in 08. Cause they gave 12k off just so people would buy it. Buddy got his for 15k off 4 months later for a TX edition.

If ls was so great to begin with you wouldn't have to done a engine swap for your car. Maybe you should stop sucking so much GM dick and face facts.

I boosted cs got great deal on my blower, made easy power that out runs your cut up creative weight reduction engine swap car on my stock block, stock headers, stock tranny, stock fears, full weight, with leather, AC, sync, back up cam, etc etc
So yep happy I didn't need to cut up my car to run 11.0.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:36 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I cant fully agree with this statement. Id love to own a G8. In my opinion they are one of the most practical cars to mod and still drive around town. At the end of the day, are they the fastest car..no... but that wouldnt stop me from owning one in a heart beat. Look at Screamins car. He has FAR from a lot of money in that car. He has a full exhaust, ud pulley, and a small cam. It traps 114 through the auto. That thing will suck up 95% of the cars it runs into on the street and it will do it with one finger on the wheel while sipping a coffee in the other hand. I love both chevy and fords line ups. I just think they dropped the ball with the 5th gen. They could very easily fix this issue for the enthusiast by making a very light weight, big powered NA car. I still vote the z28 should be a 3500lb ls7 NA car. Now THATS a fifth gen i would buy.
I like alot of the new Ford stuff myself. But the **** they made after the introduction of the 2v til the 5.0 was crap.....all of it. G'8's are pretty bangin cars, if Gm would've brought it over as a Chevy initially they may have avoided bankrupsy...well that and some other dumb **** they did like the SSr, bringing the GTO over as a Pontiac, stop making the Camaro.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I like alot of the new Ford stuff myself. But the **** they made after the introduction of the 2v til the 5.0 was crap.....all of it. G'8's are pretty bangin cars, if Gm would've brought it over as a Chevy initially they may have avoided bankrupsy...well that and some other dumb **** they did like the SSr, bringing the GTO over as a Pontiac, stop making the Camaro.
Ford has definately made some pretty hurt vehicles in the past. You wont catch me ever defending any old ford on here. IMO both companies are doing very well for themselves.

If i had a garage and endless money... you would see my boss, a c6z, a 13 gt500, a ctsv, a g8, etc...but i dont have that..so oh well. One car at a time for me...atleast for now

What you wont see... is ownership of any BMW. Sorry guys. I think the cars are badass... but there 5 year shelf life and my experiences will stop me from EVER owning one. Ripping the door handle off my fathers car in 2004 (2000 528i) just permanently did me in.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:46 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Still facts are facts. F150 out sold the competition. I actually owned a silverado I bought new in 08. Cause they gave 12k off just so people would buy it. Buddy got his for 15k off 4 months later for a TX edition.

If ls was so great to begin with you wouldn't have to done a engine swap for your car. Maybe you should stop sucking so much GM dick and face facts.

I boosted cs got great deal on my blower, made easy power that out runs your cut up creative weight reduction engine swap car on my stock block, stock headers, stock tranny, stock fears, full weight, with leather, AC, sync, back up cam, etc etc....booosted e85 blah blah auto cause I can't getit done with a stick
So yep happy I didn't need to cut up my car to run 11.0.
Fixed it for ya.

Facts in sales don't make me buy ****. Fact is the Ford trucks was weak....like bad weak.

A buddy stuck my car in the wrong gear is what made my engine change happen. There was not much available in 02 for these engines and what was available was very high priced. The ls6 was the cheapest alternative.

You boosted that heap because you knew you could'nt get it to run what you wanted n/a.....kinda like your bolt-on m6 car. How many buses do you think this bolt-on ls6 would put on you with 12lbs......my god that would be UGLY.

Do you ever feel dumb about your bolt-on car and all that yackin you did? Do you ever feel dumb about proving to us you still need boost???? you should.
Old 11-22-2012 | 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

you 2 play nice now!

I think i know why you guys go back in forth..

You both have a little "hio" in ya
Old 11-22-2012 | 01:10 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

you 2 play nice now!

I think i know why you guys go back in forth..

You both have a little "hio" in ya
LOL...maybe so
Old 11-22-2012 | 01:27 PM
Teching In

Go eat some turkey
Old 11-22-2012 | 01:29 PM
Teching In

So whose e-***** is the biggest in this thread?
Old 11-22-2012 | 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mookie
So whose e-***** is the biggest in this thread?
I have the smallest... hence driving a mustang
Old 11-22-2012 | 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill about the 2V's spitting the spark plugs.

I can understand about the 4.6 being weak in the trucks, but at the time the 5.4's made decent power when you look at the competition.
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:02 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

No actually not. One is a GMC one is Chevy. Although owned by same. The sierra cost more and is actually suppose be nicer. But how ever you want to try and make it so GM is winning sure. Even they said they just lumped together was only way could beat the f150. Cs it outs sells them.
fact is most years GM sells more trucks than ford. i dont know why that upsets you so much.
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:03 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill about the 2V's spitting the spark plugs.

I can understand about the 4.6 being weak in the trucks, but at the time the 5.4's made decent power when you look at the competition.
the 2v's spit plugs, and the 3v's seized in so hard they very commonly broke off in the head.

the 5.4 in the trucks was very lazy compared to everyone else.
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

I am confused at the LS3 vs 5.0 argument on why the 5.0 is better?? I suppose if you are comparing power per liter but please explain??

F150s lack vs the GM competition but sales matter and that is where its winning. Camaro despite its bad rap in the performance car world sells like crazy so its not a failure by a long shot.
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Go eat some turkey
Ford turkey or GM turkey? I'm conflicted...
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:21 PM
Banned

Fkn lold at hios comment about ohio not being able to drive a stick car.
Old 11-22-2012 | 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I am confused at the LS3 vs 5.0 argument on why the 5.0 is better?? I suppose if you are comparing power per liter but please explain??

F150s lack vs the GM competition but sales matter and that is where its winning. Camaro despite its bad rap in the performance car world sells like crazy so its not a failure by a long shot.
I'm not comparing the coyote. I'm comparing the road runner. It makes more power out of he box...its a forged motor. Piston cooling jets. Clearanced for very high rpm. Bottom line is it is designed to handle higher power at a higher rpm for long periods of time.

That's like saying a standard ls3 is better then a built ls3 with cnc heads with all the bells and whissles.

The coyote and ls3 to me are equal motors. One will make the power from spinning rpm.. the other will do it at a lower rpm through bogger cubes. Its pretty common sense in that aspect

Quick Reply: 2013 ZL1 vs 2013 GT500