Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock C4 Corvette (M6) vs 2012 V6 Mustang w/catback + tune (A6)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Here ya go. Ill get some pictures up tonight
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. LT1s are definitely a dying breed. Keep that sucker alive!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a friend with a 3.7 as well. He has a tune, 3.73 gear, intake, O/R exhaust, and tracks it on slicks and sometimes skinnies. Best he has done is a 13.3, BUT his pop's has one with the same mods plus LTs and an aluminum DS and was the first V6 to hit 12.9 on just bolt-ons. Pretty sweet all around engine. I can post a picture/vid of the son actually lifting the driver/front tire off the ground for just a split second on launch, lol. Neither car traps very high however. In the 103-105 range. Anyway, good run OP!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1forever
Nice kill. LT1s are definitely a dying breed. Keep that sucker alive!
You're so right, I feel like nobody builds LT1's anymore, that's why I want to do it

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
I have a friend with a 3.7 as well. He has a tune, 3.73 gear, intake, O/R exhaust, and tracks it on slicks and sometimes skinnies. Best he has done is a 13.3, BUT his pop's has one with the same mods plus LTs and an aluminum DS and was the first V6 to hit 12.9 on just bolt-ons. Pretty sweet all around engine. I can post a picture/vid of the son actually lifting the driver/front tire off the ground for just a split second on launch, lol. Neither car traps very high however. In the 103-105 range. Anyway, good run OP!
Thanks! These V6 Mustangs are going to be a pain in my *** until I start getting some mods. I'm glad they're around though because racing them is always close.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92Vette
You're so right, I feel like nobody builds LT1's anymore, that's why I want to do it
I about did with mine, but I'm glad I didn't. I went anywhere from AI H/C/I 383 to Turbo LQ4/LS build...

Glad I didn't. Kind of nice to have some money to focus on the priorities past school. I'll get back into a toy at some point
Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I about did with mine, but I'm glad I didn't. I went anywhere from AI H/C/I 383 to Turbo LQ4/LS build...

Glad I didn't. Kind of nice to have some money to focus on the priorities past school. I'll get back into a toy at some point
What are you talking about cars are much more fun than school . Haha all jokes aside mod that Vette should move out pretty well with full bolt ons. The LT1 might not be highly sought after as the LS1, but its still a die hard motor.

I still have a good time with my under powered stroker, didn't get a chance to get any track times this year though
Old 12-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Teching In

What are you talking about cars are much more fun than school . Haha all jokes aside mod that Vette should move out pretty well with full bolt ons. The LT1 might not be highly sought after as the LS1, but its still a die hard motor.

I still have a good time with my under powered stroker, didn't get a chance to get any track times this year though
Cars take priority over school for me haha as soon as I work again this summer I'm putting money into my car. You have a 383?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Yep, its nothing special. A far too conservative build imo. But for what it is it runs decent. A different head cam setup will probably be in place in the future.

After all the money sunk into my car it would be kind of silly to get rid of it. That and nobody wants an LT1 car now a days lol. Its still fun to suprise some ppl here and there. I'd like to have a CTS though.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hit me up next time you're in Des Moines! I might make it down a couple times this summer. I'll be in Okoboji for the first part of the summer, then moving back to Ames late July to start an internship that will last until mid-December
Cars take priority over school for me haha as soon as I work again this summer I'm putting money into my car. You have a 383?
I wish I could say that. I hate owing people money, so focusing on the whole getting out of school with absolutely $0 debt first
Yep, its nothing special. A far too conservative build imo. But for what it is it runs decent. A different head cam setup will probably be in place in the future.

After all the money sunk into my car it would be kind of silly to get rid of it. That and nobody wants an LT1 car now a days lol. Its still fun to suprise some ppl here and there. I'd like to have a CTS though.
What is the heads/cam on it?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Teching In

I wish I could say that. I hate owing people money, so focusing on the whole getting out of school with absolutely $0 debt first
I've already accepted the fact that I'll probably have $130 in loans to pay back, I'll probably just live at home for two years after school and just pay off as much as I can. But that might be hard because my car needs some money too
Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've already accepted the fact that I'll probably have $130 in loans to pay back, I'll probably just live at home for two years after school and just pay off as much as I can. But that might be hard because my car needs some money too
I don't think $130 in loans would require you to live at home for two years

Old 12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Some junk compression robbing trickflows and 503 cam. I just said to hell with it, had it dyno tuned and have had some fun with it. Can always go bigger on the cam and get some better heads. Plus I have a 3 week old baby girl that took over as priority #1.

I've never ventured up to DSM, I used to live in Ottumwa. There wasn't ever much of a car scene in Otown.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some junk compression robbing trickflows and 503 cam. I just said to hell with it, had it dyno tuned and have had some fun with it. Can always go bigger on the cam and get some better heads. Plus I have a 3 week old baby girl that took over as priority #1.

I've never ventured up to DSM, I used to live in Ottumwa. There wasn't ever much of a car scene in Otown.
Ohh wow, yeah that is definitely a mild build - especially for a 383. Ohh well, can always go bigger, better h/c in the future I guess

Congrats on the baby girl! Glad to see she is your priority. I bet she already has you wrapped around that little finger of her's.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Congrats on the baby girl! Glad to see she is your priority. I bet she already has you wrapped around that little finger of her's.
Yep, its alright for what it is. Goal before the modding was low 12s maybe squeak out high 11s. There is always something bigger and better.

Thanks, yep its been a life changing experience. Definitely alot greater than I could have ever imagined.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Teching In

I don't think $130 in loans would require you to live at home for two years

Hahaha my bad, I meant $130,000

LT1forever, congrats on your baby girl!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM

Some junk compression robbing trickflows and 503 cam. I just said to hell with it, had it dyno tuned and have had some fun with it. Can always go bigger on the cam and get some better heads.
How do the LT1 Trick Flow heads do when they are milled for good compression NA?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Haha thanks! I actually like my sawblades, they're interesting
My mom's old '94 Vette had chrome sawblades, looked great. Nice kill!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

Those are some nice lookin' sawblades, they're just so 80's I love it!!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hahaha my bad, I meant $130,000
Ouch, at least you'll be in Engineering
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
How do the LT1 Trick Flow heads do when they are milled for good compression NA?
I think Advanced Induction has some good examples of ported trickflow heads performing very well
Originally Posted by Irunelevens

You should buy one!

Quick Reply: Stock C4 Corvette (M6) vs 2012 V6 Mustang w/catback + tune (A6)