Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Come n get some Matt5.oh oh! 1/18/13 ***VIDS ON PAGE 10***

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I'd take that outdated Camaro over that wimpy little Mustang of yours anyday.
Have you took that super vette to the track yet.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your local to me bring your new 5.0 out and a stack of cash you don't need. We have a ton of old BBC and BBF that would beg to differ. Forgot to add SBC and SBF as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
All i know is that my ride has much more room for improvement, and hope to get it all figured out someday. In the mean time, im going to savor my current times and be happy with them.

Adamantium... Work in progress is pretty damm knowledgeable. He has giving me tons of tips that are improving my times. I consider him one of the go to guys around my area for things that i dont know, and of course the site.

If your buddy is so knowledgeable as you state why is it so hard to get your combo "figured out" Honestly I'm not suprised by your traps. Looking at your Sig it appears to be the usual average setup I see 90% of the time. Nothing special. I assume its full weight too? Still suprised at how everyone still believes every H/C LS1 should trap north of 120.

When I did my H/C/I on my old car I wanted a setup that would set me apart from everyone else. Long story short, that car trapped 127mph in the quarter:
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Have you took that super vette to the track yet.
Don't HATE poopstang boy.

No she hasn't been to the track yet but we all know what ZR1's are capable of doing, no need to question that. When she does hit the track this spring she'll most likely have a few "bolt-ons" to show off. Maybe I'll run into one of the 10-second "bolt-on" poopstangs you speak of.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LsoneGT
Your local to me bring your new 5.0 out and a stack of cash you don't need. We have a ton of old BBC and BBF that would beg to differ. Forgot to add SBC and SBF as well.
He wont show up, he's all talk trust me.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Honestly I'm not suprised by your traps. Looking at your Sig it appears to be the usual average setup I see 90% of the time. Nothing special. I assume its full weight too? Still suprised at how everyone still believes every H/C LS1 should trap north of 120.
because there are a blue million cam only full weight cars going 115+. a fast intake and a decent set of heads should easily make enough power to eclipse 120. i'd be downright disappointed if i had a h/c/i car going <120. esp given the money spent...even on these dinosaur engines.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LsoneGT
Soon I want to gut my car, rip ac/heat/leather seats out and build a drag car only sure. I have seen the cars that run at that track. I love it when guys with full blown drag cars like to race street cars. HAHA. Makes me think they hate the fact I can take my car anywhere, and yes I just drove my car across the country twice. With ac/heat, in comfort, and then still able to pull plenty on the street and track. I have seen the cars that run there. Same kinda cars that run at Praire hill in Waco kinda. The ones in TX was just nicer and ran just as hard. But fully built only drag cars, that will never see nothing but the track, no street or car shows, no take the wife to dinner, or drive to some where farther then 1/4 mile away.

But if can I see get buddy to come race. He has one them type cars also. Except it runs 6's in the 1/4 in stead fo the 1/8 like me. Its actually powered by a BBC also.
Attached Thumbnails Come n get some Matt5.oh oh! 1/18/13  ***VIDS ON PAGE 10***-523219_440075876042818_456206839_n.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Don't HATE poopstang boy.

No she hasn't been to the track yet but we all know what ZR1's are capable of doing, no need to question that. When she does hit the track this spring she'll most likely have a few "bolt-ons" to show off. Maybe I'll run into one of the 10-second "bolt-on" poopstangs you speak of.
You shouldn't need bolt ons to out run them bolt on 5.0's. After all ZR1's all run east 10's bone stock.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure have. And they have been updated with all new stuff.
I guarantee you an old iron head bbc with one carb can out run you. Nothing new about that. Lol
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by s346k
because there are a blue million cam only full weight cars going 115+. a fast intake and a decent set of heads should easily make enough power to eclipse 120. i'd be downright disappointed if i had a h/c/i car going <120. esp given the money spent...even on these dinosaur engines.
True, but rather you choose to believe it or not, there are twice that amount of cam-only cars that trap slower than that, ESPECIALLY A4 cars like the OP. That same car with a 6spd would be trapping ~119 full weight and we probably wouldn't be sitting here having this discussion. I'm not saying its ideal, just being realistic.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

True, but rather you choose to believe it or not, there are twice that amount of cam-only cars that trap slower than that, ESPECIALLY A4 cars like the OP.
i believe it. i see it every time i go to the track. i saw it 8 years ago when i was racing my bolt on car and beating cam and head/cam cars. but the fact remains: the car is capable and *should go over 120. whether or not he can do that is irrelevant to this discussion.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Soon I want to gut my car, rip ac/heat/leather seats out and build a drag car only sure. I have seen the cars that run at that track. I love it when guys with full blown drag cars like to race street cars. HAHA. Makes me think they hate the fact I can take my car anywhere, and yes I just drove my car across the country twice. With ac/heat, in comfort, and then still able to pull plenty on the street and track. I have seen the cars that run there. Same kinda cars that run at Praire hill in Waco kinda. The ones in TX was just nicer and ran just as hard. But fully built only drag cars, that will never see nothing but the track, no street or car shows, no take the wife to dinner, or drive to some where farther then 1/4 mile away.

But if can I see get buddy to come race. He has one them type cars also. Except it runs 6's in the 1/4 in stead fo the 1/8 like me. Its actually powered by a BBC also.
That's because your buddy knows where it's at and doesn't run his mouth with his pi$$ ant 5 liter "street" car. Lol
Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Launching!

i believe it. i see it every time i go to the track. i saw it 8 years ago when i was racing my bolt on car and beating cam and head/cam cars. but the fact remains: the car is capable and *should go over 120. whether or not he can do that is irrelevant to this discussion.
I don't think its fair to say that car "should" trap over 120mph with a baby cam, full weight and a stalled A4. In ideal conditions, for example out here at sea level, that car would be lucky see 120+ trap on a perfect night. You're not being very realistic here.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't think its fair to say that car "should" trap over 120mph with a baby cam, full weight and a stalled A4. In ideal conditions, for example out here at sea level, that car would be lucky see 120+ trap on a perfect night. You're not being very realistic here.
i disagree. i think you're confusing what the cars ARE doing with what they SHOULD be doing. even the cars around here, racing at 1500'+ da are capable of producing decent times. i've seen a few cam only stick cars, full weight, going 117+...and this is in pretty bad da mind you. i watched a 224 cam m6 car go 115 in a full weight ss with real zr1s on it. i also watched a bolt on car on the same zr1s go 114. car had bumper supports, spare/jack, front swaybar, and backseat removed. it went 107 with a lid and flowmaster 80 series.

regardless of what they are doing...we all know what they should be doing. i've been dealing with these f cars since day one. there is a reason they're slow, finding it is the trouble. i don't think there are any real factory freaks, it's just knowing how to make them go.
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
That's because your buddy knows where it's at and doesn't run his mouth with his pi$$ ant 5 liter "street" car. Lol
He bought the car done for what the engine would cost. He also builds engines for other people to race, one like the farm truck runs, and few other big cars that are well know.
Launching!

What consists of the build is irrelevant. The time and money spent on a h/c car it should go 120+. It's more than doable, people do a lot of stupid things. Over look stuff, have worn transmissions.wrong converter choice, gearing etc...

Most people know this and choose to ignore it.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Launching!

He bought the car done for what the engine would cost. He also builds engines for other people to race, one like the farm truck runs, and few other big cars that are well know.
Nice! Do you know Tom Scarrett?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
What consists of the build is irrelevant. The time and money spent on a h/c car it should go 120+. It's more than doable, people do a lot of stupid things. Over look stuff, have worn transmissions.wrong converter choice, gearing etc...

Most people know this and choose to ignore it.
Wait, wut?

This entire post is moronic and completely excludes you from having any further participation in this discussion.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Wait, wut?

This entire post is moronic and completely excludes you from having any further participation in this discussion.
If you can't understand that say a single pattern 228 cam ,in most cases, cost the same amount of money and requires the same amount of work to install as a larger or better suiting camshaft etc.., maybe you should exclude yourself from the conversation.

Quick Reply: Come n get some Matt5.oh oh! 1/18/13 ***VIDS ON PAGE 10***