Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Smack Talking SS camaro dudeguy meets LOTB...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knigh zo6

Sad but true... wont even want to talk to you, but always follow our meets. Anyway!!!

I know I shouldn't be proud of laying it on a 5th gen ls3. But dammit did it feel good to shut this ****** up. He was in disbelief! Lmao

Wish kfc would of gotten a face shot!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Knigh zo6

Sad but true... wont even want to talk to you, but always follow our meets. Anyway!!!

I know I shouldn't be proud of laying it on a 5th gen ls3. But dammit did it feel good to shut this ****** up. He was in disbelief! Lmao

Wish kfc would of gotten a face shot!
lol, the look of feelings being hurt = priceless

omho 5th gens are not that bad , my buddy has a h/c/i/e 2012 and its pretty quick , 390 gears as well auto big stall
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, still think i should be a lil bit higher for shift extension, I want it atleast at 6300-6400. And also some adjustment to trans Line pressure. I believe my Tq management is off as well. not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

I also Just got done swapping my spark plugs, installed some BR7ef and gap'd them to 35. I'll post a pic, of the TR6's that came out. Hopefully the new plugs help out some.

I tried uploading the pics of the old spark plugs, and didnt work on here. I uploaded them on our forum.
Follow the link and look at last post with spark plugs that Ive posted. It may take a lil bit for pic to upload once you hit the thumbnail.

http://www.thirdhonk.com/community/i...ly.690/page-34
Unfortunately shift extension is a result of how the converter is setup. I would bump shift points a bit, you should be shifting 3-400 rpms above peak power. That is for NA, since you are going to spray its probably best where its at. Hook that bottle and go hurt some feelings.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

the tighter the converter, the longer the shift extension. However... the lowest it will drop on the 2-3 shift can be say shifting at 7k, is 4300. That would be if the converter would be locked though. More power will loosen a converter up, which is the reason for tightening it up for nitrous.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah it was, one of our infamous douche crew members of ATX... They think their **** dont stink because the all make 1500 rwhp and up. and dont like the little guys that have fun like us.
None of them make that much hp... And if you'd actually go talk to them they're cool dudes.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
None of them make that much hp... And if you'd actually go talk to them they're cool dudes.
Nutswinger.... I was being sarcastic with the rwhp. Double fail...
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
Why do you continue to be their whipping boy?? I only hung out with them a few times. When I did they did nothing but talk trash on all of the 3H guys. There are a few that are pretty cool, but the majority are complete ********. Guess it makes them feel cool since they are no longer getting beat up in the hallways of their high schools.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by work in progress
Why do you continue to be their whipping boy?? I only hung out with them a few times. When I did they did nothing but talk trash on all of the 3H guys. There are a few that are pretty cool, but the majority are complete ********. Guess it makes them feel cool since they are no longer getting beat up in the hallways of their high schools.

^^^ This... KFC, Asked FOBRA what FKN ******** they were when we first started meeting at fry's. Complete bitches on the rag!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Back to real racecars!...

Last edited by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A; 02-26-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

My Transmission got tweaked by PAT G, and my God... This thing shifts like a hot knife through butter now!... He found a few more things and corrected from a previous tuner, who is not worth mentioning. Anyway, He made adjustments for my Trans oil Pressure, 4th gear OD engagement at 45mph, and of course my Shift Points. They were way to low, and he explained how a tighter converter will make shifting come sooner. Same thing a few of you had already suggested.
I couldnt be more happier with how it feels, and now back at the 6300-6400 Rpm shift points range again. My converter doesnt feel too bad now, actually like the over all feel than before. Specially under normal driving conditions, no more harsh clunk from 1st to 2nd gear.

Here is the comparison Vid... Couldnt stay in it too long because of ugly road and cars ahead. But def a big improvement and feel.

Last edited by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A; 02-26-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Glad you got it figured out, I was just getting ready to do a big old hate post on your tuner for leaving your transmission settings stock. I bet it shifts like this now huh?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Oh no dude, my old tuner mess with my transmission... The thing was, that the shop i had started with on this car, as far as tuning goes, had a real POS tuner. fired. Then got Rehired... WTF! In between that period, was when Pat G came into the pic, I heard he would make special trips there and tune cars. I called and asked them to retune my crap for some other mods and while pat was there fix my driveability. It was a hasle for them to deliver to pat exactly what we had negotiated on, and only told pat to fix driveability, and not retune for heads, Fast, and Maf. I was like what the F***. It was Towards midnight, and Pat said lets strap it downt and get you fixed up with no issues for doing extra work and get my 100% tune on motor. The transmission part was not touched that evening, because it SHOULD HAVE BEEN OK...
Anyway, The Old tuner had my **** all out of wack, Maxed out trans oil line pressure, shitty shiftpoints and the driveability of a farm tractor. Pat has changed my ride to what i expected it should feel like with all the mods, time and money invested into the ride. Pat In matter of mins, did his magic on his laptop, asked me to go for a spin, did his Jedi **** and there you have it. Happy customer once more, with corrections made that had absolutely nothing to do with his previous tunes.

The Transmission guy who built my 4l60e, said that more than likely my oil pressure was too high, and thats what could of killed my Pump, and scratched up my converter. Vigilante said there where no signs of converter failure, and made a few adjustments to the stall for N20. Leaving the One question mark, which i already know the answer... He had his my pressure maxed out, and took out the pump, when I was CAM ONLY, that same old tuner, did work on my ride, and within the next 2 days, my transmission slip'd and went out.

Looks like i got carried away, but man... Im more pissed off now, because the car feels so good, and it should of felt like this from the start if ppl touching it, would of known what the hell they where doing. And yes, at that point i was a noob and didnt know any better.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Lol, Pat was surprised that I knew about you being tuned.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Lol, Pat was surprised that I knew about you being tuned.
Haha... I can only imagine his expression, bet he thought *THAT WAS QUICK*.

He's was about to go at it at Autotek, with this Huge *** monster truck looking thing. At first i thought he was kidding, but guess he tunes it all. Autotek is good with me, we had a slight problem with my N20 once, but replaced the leaking seal after being frozen and called it the day.

Where are you at By the Way?... (City)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

He actually said those exact words: "That was quick". Hahaha.

I'm in San Antonio. What part of Austin are you in? I used to live there, by 620 and Anderson Mill in North Austin. Still have family there, so I drive up every so often.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

He actually said those exact words: "That was quick". Hahaha.

I'm in San Antonio. What part of Austin are you in? I used to live there, by 620 and Anderson Mill in North Austin. Still have family there, so I drive up every so often.

Im actually in the process of moving to the South ATX, and yes i know that area well. If you have time, come to the Track at Marion this Sat. Going to go at it with some 5.0's that want a piece of the Bird, would be nice to meet a fellow tech member.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Going to Vegas this weekend, actually.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Going to Vegas this weekend, actually.
Now thats is going to be a good weekend... have fun!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Im actually in the process of moving to the South ATX, and yes i know that area well. If you have time, come to the Track at Marion this Sat. Going to go at it with some 5.0's that want a piece of the Bird, would be nice to meet a fellow tech member.
You plan on racing in the brackets on sat? Its best you go on Friday for test and tune.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by work in progress
You plan on racing in the brackets on sat? Its best you go on Friday for test and tune.
I got a date with a 5.0 that day, and its the only day he can make it out... All I need is one pass with him. And Im done for the night!

Quick Reply: Smack Talking SS camaro dudeguy meets LOTB...