Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock ZL1 vs Bolt on 5.0 (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs1
No doubt the camaro needs to go on a serious diet and the 13 gt spanks it bad at the 1/4 mile.
Sure bout that? In a recent comparison, the 1LE SS & GT were door to door despite the Camaro packing an extra ~250 pounds. Its closer than most think.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are we talking the 436hp 1LESS vs the 662hp gt version??? In a drag race it's not even close. If its different variants then possibly, but I'm talking top dog mustang vs top dog camaro. The designers of each I believed had different goals in mind.

You've got to hand it to the Ford boys for throwing that much hp in that tang, and it's a good car. I believe the ZL1 is a better overall car, but in the 1/4 it gets it's butt handed to it.

I would have liked to see GM back off on the TM as well as put the bigger sc on the ZL1. Don't think that would beat the Fords big boy in the qtr, but you'd have a 600hp+ car that to me would justify the price a little more. Then chop some fat outa the ZL1 and you'd really have something. Ford gets props for what they've put together even though they under tired it and the brakes are not as good. GM did well with their pkg with braking and handling, but left some hp on the table, and like a good looking gal that needs a diet, you end up saying...if she'd only lose a few...
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
No way you were picking up an SS new for anywhere near 26k....anything under 30k for that matter.

Average prices were between $31-33k for a coupe/hardtop; I got mine for $31,8xx out the door.
I paid less than $30,000 for mine with all SLP options except the chrome wheels....even got the car cover.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I have only seen 2 ZL's and no 13' gt500's around me. So getting killed every where would be quite the exaggeration. Find me a bolt-on 5.0 to run. You always want to post these record cars that you yourself could not duplicate. At the track last weekend there was a new 5.0 that ran a best of 12.0 or 12.1 @ 116. It had a xpipe, tune intake, slicks and race gas. It was running in -800+ da. Notch's comparable bolt-on 99 Z28 went faster on a dot dr. Go preach that 5.0 **** elsewhere. You couldn't get it done n/a or with a stick......nuff said

And from that vid you posted of you accelerating.....you would have your hands full with me and boosted 5.0. Kinda sad for that much power really.
Couldn't get it done? I beat a H/C Fbody from here at the track with my manual. Then was called for BS when I mention my manual pulledthe tires. Yet then he said it did he seen it. Then it was ok.

And LOL. I wouldn't have issues with your car. That pull was full weight, with full size 18" rim as spare, 40lb tool box, floor jack, 2 jackstands, my 20's, and my 145lb wife in the car. You Think I ACTUALLY COME OUT AND RACE WITH ALL THAT?. HAHA I know I drop least 400lbs right there getting rid that stuff and the wife plus bigs/littles. Yet I still don't see you posting a vid.

And if you blew that cobra engine at 485whp tune was way off or something was already wrong with engine. Plenty alive at 600whp+ with blower swaps.

So x pipe, tune and DR's, and race gas. Which to you could be ******* 93 octane. Ran 12.0 or 12.1. Yet you can't remember. Nice. Funny you always claim stuff but don't have details. So what kinda race gas was it. Was it bigs littles, have proof. Come on you can do better. Also was this at Cecil? Cause if so maybe you missed this one.

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...e-ONLY*-record
Attached Thumbnails Stock ZL1 vs Bolt on 5.0 (Video)-12_075-114_33.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Here is something "useful" that I have brought to tech....I warned the previous owner of Hio's Termi Fox about how crucial the tune is and how most tuners have no idea of how to properly tune Terminator's.

Did you, or did you not know that Hio?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Here is something "useful" that I have brought to tech....I warned the previous owner of Hio's Termi Fox about how crucial the tune is and how most tuners have no idea of how to properly tune Terminator's.

Very true. Buddy has 675 on his termi on stock engine with a KB 3.6.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dbs1
Are we talking the 436hp 1LESS vs the 662hp gt version??? In a drag race it's not even close. If its different variants then possibly, but I'm talking top dog mustang vs top dog camaro. The designers of each I believed had different goals in mind.

You've got to hand it to the Ford boys for throwing that much hp in that tang, and it's a good car. I believe the ZL1 is a better overall car, but in the 1/4 it gets it's butt handed to it.

I would have liked to see GM back off on the TM as well as put the bigger sc on the ZL1. Don't think that would beat the Fords big boy in the qtr, but you'd have a 600hp+ car that to me would justify the price a little more. Then chop some fat outa the ZL1 and you'd really have something. Ford gets props for what they've put together even though they under tired it and the brakes are not as good. GM did well with their pkg with braking and handling, but left some hp on the table, and like a good looking gal that needs a diet, you end up saying...if she'd only lose a few...

wtf...

pure genius..
Old 03-09-2013, 03:44 AM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
Its funny, my vehicle weight will be down close to 3150 and around 3310 with me in it. Having 200lb advantage, possible more power advantage, running in a better DA, with a max effort setup... id be ecstatic to run as fast as you. Car runs strong man
Thanks! It is just going to continue to go quicker/faster moving forward. I think 10.7's, maybe mid 10's are reachable with the stock long block. Not gutted. Still has A/C and all the amenities.

So you comparison with 2 totally different drivers is a better comparison??? When you have no idea of their capability or experience?? You have to be smarter than that.....well maybe not.

Wouldn't be a problem with a ZL1 wbt...... Someone buy me a m6 ZL1 so I can do it

Actually it's already been done.
I'd sure be interested in seeing a stock long block ZL1 that has run 10's. Refer to here for times:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

I am dabbling with the idea of throwing a 150 shot on my car to dip into the 9's. The problem with that is I will need to revisit what I really want the car to be, a nice daily driver with all the creature comforts or a car that requires a full cage and much more safety equip... It may as well be a dedicate track car at that point.

Also, my post was in response to big hammer and his short shortsightedness.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Funny....I swear the announcer says redlight.
you will argue with a door **** that it can't possibly open a door when turned. please stop man. makes you look rediculous. why insist? the outcome is not what you like, but so what.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
This just in: ZR1 runs circles around any production Ford vehicle ever made.
wrong lol.

http://www.thesupercars.org/aston-ma...martin-one-77/

the engine for that car was built at the Ford cologne plant, AS are all v8 and v12 Astin martin engines.

the car war designed , engineered by Ford. BTW makes 750 FORD hp on motor. street legal, no supercharger.

just sayin. dont be too proud.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An aston martin is not a ford production vehicle you tard.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by assasinator
wrong lol.

the engine for that car was built at the Ford cologne plant, AS are all v8 and v12 Astin martin engines.

the car war designed , engineered by Ford. BTW makes 750 FORD hp on motor. street legal, no supercharger.

holy ****, what a stretch
Old 03-09-2013, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater

Yea I knew that. He told the guy at excessive ms to make it safe. It was probably ok for the way you boosted ford guys run your **** with long cool downs or iced down. But hot lapping that junk killed it. It's that kinda of bullshit that turns me against junk like the termi ****. Then when you get to looking it's not the only one that has blown up. I know of 4 termi/built 4v cars that blew up last year in my area. Not very good engines imo.
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Very true. Buddy has 675 on his termi on stock engine with a KB 3.6.
He's lucky.
Originally Posted by wbt
Thanks! It is just going to continue to go quicker/faster moving forward. I think 10.7's, maybe mid 10's are reachable with the stock long block. Not gutted. Still has A/C and all the amenities.

I'd sure be interested in seeing a stock long block ZL1 that has run 10's. Refer to here for times:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

I am dabbling with the idea of throwing a 150 shot on my car to dip into the 9's. The problem with that is I will need to revisit what I really want the car to be, a nice daily driver with all the creature comforts or a car that requires a full cage and much more safety equip... It may as well be a dedicate track car at that point.

Also, my post was in response to big hammer and his short shortsightedness.
I don't like nos much but I can see the appeal of it. As far as the zl1's go, not all are on that list. 2 guys that run at my local track done it......or so they told me. He was there that day running his low 11sec duramax. So clearly he has some experience and plenty of money to get a dmax that fast. Him and his buddy has one, he said his buddy's is a tick faster than his. I don't think it would or should be a problem at all for one to run deep in the 10's.
you will argue with a door **** that it can't possibly open a door when turned. please stop man. makes you look rediculous. why insist? the outcome is not what you like, but so what.
Really??? You make that claim on me and the stretch your truth to include this below.

wrong lol.

0-60 in 3.4 for $1.8mill vs 0-60 in 3.3 for $120k.....just sayin

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/7156...-fe/index.html
Originally Posted by adamantium
An aston martin is not a ford production vehicle you tard.
ASSinator is a troll. Likes to accuse other about being argumentative but can't find his *** with both hands. You were right, he should be banned.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saying an Aston Martin is a Ford product is the same thing as saying an F20 Raptor is a BMW product because they built jet engines once upon a time....
Old 03-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

assassinator is such a ******* idiot

lol
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
No way you were picking up an SS new for anywhere near 26k....anything under 30k for that matter.

Average prices were between $31-33k for a coupe/hardtop; I got mine for $31,8xx out the door.
Average price may have been over 30k but the SS package started at 26k. Same with the z28, mine was 23k brand new but plenty of people paid well over 25k for optioned models. I personally know people who claimed sub 30k new... maybe they all lied?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Yea I knew that. He told the guy at excessive ms to make it safe. It was probably ok for the way you boosted ford guys run your **** with long cool downs or iced down. But hot lapping that junk killed it. It's that kinda of bullshit that turns me against junk like the termi ****. Then when you get to looking it's not the only one that has blown up. I know of 4 termi/built 4v cars that blew up last year in my area. Not very good engines imo.
Wow, saying stuff like that is why I think that you have blinders on. Once you have made your mind up, there is no way it can be changed...even when logic and facts are staring you straight in the face.

Packy can't respond because he won't be back until the fall, but I will say that he has posted enough video's on here of him running that it would be hard to say that the engine in his car is "not a good engine". He has driven multiple times to tracks hours away from where he lives and ran his car and then drove home. He has ran the snot out of that car on the street, along with daily driving it.

I daily drive my car and can't tell you how many passes I have made with this car, but it's a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and make a drive across country with it.

The tunes are what kills the engines in these cars, but no matter how many times I tell you, you will never comprehend what I am saying because you have already made your mind up that anything that isn't GM is junk.

I'm sure some time in the future you will once again throw in my face that I bring nothing to this website, because even though I have tried bringing something here, in your mind I haven't and never will.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
assassinator is such a ******* idiot

lol
oh please dont hurt my feelings. your words hurt man. mr e4/panamanian or what ever.

stretch? stretch. engine built by ford at a ford plant. company owned by ford during design.

its a ford by my opinion. (WAS)

volvo was owned by , and ford used and continues to use volvo drivetrains. ford used jaguar drivetrains.

my S197 is a modified S-type Jaguar. the standard V12 Astin Martin engine is inspiried by the Ford modular v8.

i see no such distinctions.

just like GM owns my cadillac......i'm reminded all the time ITS A CHEVY.

audi vw porshe. same to me. ferdinand piech. shared drivetrains.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evangto87
Saying an Aston Martin is a Ford product is the same thing as saying an F20 Raptor is a BMW product because they built jet engines once upon a time....
the BMW jumo engines are hardly owned or designed by pratt&whitney. lol.

btw its F22 raptor. IF the design and build of the Raptor was a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW, its a god damned BMW then.

Astin Martin was a WHOLLY OWNED subsidiary of Ford motor company.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
That is still not bottom 10's with bolt ons. So again your wrong.

The ZL1 ran 10.772 @ 130.32 with the following mods:
New Era Performance CAI
New Era Ported Stock Supercharger, Upper Pulley
KDI Heat Exchanger
Nick WIlliams 102 Throttle Body
ID 850cc fuel injectors
Custom Tuning by Mike @ New Era
You were wrong saying it needs h/c work. You spit so much BS that you dont even remember all of it.

Hey guys, GM has the fastest car of the planet look at this

Quick Reply: Stock ZL1 vs Bolt on 5.0 (Video)