10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
mods on SS?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Wow, saying stuff like that is why I think that you have blinders on. Once you have made your mind up, there is no way it can be changed...even when logic and facts are staring you straight in the face.

Packy can't respond because he won't be back until the fall, but I will say that he has posted enough video's on here of him running that it would be hard to say that the engine in his car is "not a good engine". He has driven multiple times to tracks hours away from where he lives and ran his car and then drove home. He has ran the snot out of that car on the street, along with daily driving it.

I daily drive my car and can't tell you how many passes I have made with this car, but it's a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and make a drive across country with it.

The tunes are what kills the engines in these cars, but no matter how many times I tell you, you will never comprehend what I am saying because you have already made your mind up that anything that isn't GM is junk.

I'm sure some time in the future you will once again throw in my face that I bring nothing to this website, because even though I have tried bringing something here, in your mind I haven't and never will.
No blinders here. I look at **** for what it is. The old modular stuff was crap and the fact that you and others stood behind that **** shows who had blinders on.

The termi stuff is highly over rated. Mine had 2 bad bearings and a bent crank and it did not detonate enough to hurt melt or crack the pistons. You could barely see it really. All it really had was I/E/2.96 pulley. You better be glad and write a thank you letter to gm for only making 69 ls6 camaros in 02......or the termi legend/myth would not be what it is.

I like the new ford stuff. I've said that before. They have finally caught up to 2002 with a solid n/a motor.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
No blinders here. I look at **** for what it is. The old modular stuff was crap and the fact that you and others stood behind that **** shows who had blinders on.

The termi stuff is highly over rated. Mine had 2 bad bearings and a bent crank and it did not detonate enough to hurt melt or crack the pistons. You could barely see it really. All it really had was I/E/2.96 pulley. You better be glad and write a thank you letter to gm for only making 69 ls6 camaros in 02......or the termi legend/myth would not be what it is.

I like the new ford stuff. I've said that before. They have finally caught up to 2002 with a solid n/a motor.
I highlighted your bearing/crank issue
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Could be. I could see that on the bearings.....but the crank??? I call that a piece of poo. I'm just not impressed with that stuff. The reality is it's not very good.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

better be glad and write a thank you letter to gm for only making 69 ls6 camaros in 02......or the termi legend/myth would not be what it is.
Whatchu talkin bout willis?

Are you talking about the GMMG modified ZL1 prototypes?
http://www.camaroz28.com/2002-camaro-zl1-prototype/2/

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 03-13-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Could be. I could see that on the bearings.....but the crank??? I call that a piece of poo. I'm just not impressed with that stuff. The reality is it's not very good.
I bent a rod, spun 2 bearings, and twisted a crank in one of my ls1s from the slightest bit of detonation (wont mention the reputable tuner who did it). The more power you make, the more the slight detonation is going to do damage. Even with a forged rod and a steel crank... when a motor making say 500hp spinning 6500rpm gets hit with an explosion trying to push the motor in the opposite direction, it will break. My buddies 03 cobra detonated for 4 years before finally hurting a piston (ignorance to a bad tuner). That was a steggy ported full bolt on car.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Whatchu talkin bout willis?

Are you talking about the GMMG modified ZL1 prototypes?
http://www.camaroz28.com/2002-camaro-zl1-prototype/2/
YES...it's a shame that was not a rpo for 02.
Originally Posted by evangto87
I bent a rod, spun 2 bearings, and twisted a crank in one of my ls1s from the slightest bit of detonation (wont mention the reputable tuner who did it). The more power you make, the more the slight detonation is going to do damage. Even with a forged rod and a steel crank... when a motor making say 500hp spinning 6500rpm gets hit with an explosion trying to push the motor in the opposite direction, it will break. My buddies 03 cobra detonated for 4 years before finally hurting a piston (ignorance to a bad tuner). That was a steggy ported full bolt on car.
I understand that. The w/o long cool downs they are very susceptible to detonation and or dramatic power loss. Then you have a guy like Heater telling me how I have blinders on while he picks his spark plugs up outta the road from his ford truck and thinks that is perfectly ok......really
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Teching In

The old modular stuff was crap and the fact that you and others stood behind that **** shows who had blinders on.
Ouch!

Then you have a guy like Heater telling me how I have blinders on while he picks his spark plugs up outta the road from his ford truck and thinks that is perfectly ok......really
Yikes!

Quick Reply: Stock ZL1 vs Bolt on 5.0 (Video)