Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Regal vs Boss

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLSheff
To be fair they only go all **** Moderator/Beast mode because of the immense trolling that Juice didn't bother to show or mention.
Not true... this was the thread where I 'immensely trolling' and subsequently banned.
Read the whole thing... **** even on page ONE blufail was already up in there being an admin of the forum.

http://www.grandprixforums.net/m62-swap-46826.html

So much trolling!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Anything in the tech section could be classified as comedy.
If you mean threads with me, search for the TVS build threads.

Will, this one is pretty good.
http://www.grandprixforums.net/has-a...een-53113.html

They banned me and then let me back on because they wanted TVS secrets. Instead they got this post from me.
http://www.grandprixforums.net/has-a...tml#post676453

Read it before it gets deleted! :-p
It also contains a link to the thread that started it all.

I'm interested in how I would do against one if I had a good tire on.
hehe, I started reading the first one real quick on my lunch break. I got to post number #6 where this was said.

Exactly! For that money do something proven and will get more HPs like a turbo.
What is this, Pokemon? No one should ever refer to it as HPs unless you are talking hit points.

I know I got some lolz in here to read through now.

BTW, thought Id share and bomb this thread since straightline just uploaded this vid

Last edited by willizm; 03-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Teching In

I just read the m62 swap thread.
http://www.grandprixforums.net/m62-swap-46826.html

I will say... I know why mods on that board all hate me.
I totally made every last one of them eat sh*t. And I did so without trolling one bit.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
hehe, I started reading the first one real quick on my lunch break. I got to post number #6 where this was said.

What is this, Pokemon? No one should ever refer to it as HPs unless you are talking hit points.

I know I got some lolz in here to read through now.

BTW, thought Id share and bomb this thread since straightline just uploaded this vid
Turbo ta - YouTube
nice bro! I didnt see your car when i dropped mine off two weeks ago. When you stop in, look for the orange 5th gen.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Camper
nice bro! I didnt see your car when i dropped mine off two weeks ago. When you stop in, look for the orange 5th gen.
I think I saw yours on a lift. It would have been behind the camera guy in the video. Small world
Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Teching In

It's like on Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson says "And it has x torques" haha
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

I think I saw yours on a lift. It would have been behind the camera guy in the video. Small world
you see the layers of mud I left Nick with? he has to be pumped

did you get a turboJoe custom put on or what? Nick wanted me to bring in mine to be the first 5th gen.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Teching In

I agree with the build, it was different and it was nice, and yea it made more power than anyone gave credit for. But with everything said on both sides, it was a losing battle and you were on the wrong side.

You went soooooo long without telling anyone what you had planned and that usually results in BS that never works (you became the 1%), but people lost interest and thought it was a big troll.
You could have ignored Blue, lots of people do it, more than one mod, it could have been handled much better.
The build worked in your favor as not costing so much, but for myself to replicate it, would be more costly than a solid turbo build, and the turbo as you just showed, goes much MUCH further. Which was the exact point your buddy Blue was trying to make the whole time. You just kept saying I want to be different.

And you ended up turbo anyways. That makes me giggle. Sorry.

I just don't like seeing these threads pop up, which happens about once every 3-4 months, over the Grandprixforums.net group is this and that and everyone sucks and nobody knows anything but the truth is a few bad apples don't make a bad tree.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Teching In

I said, hey guys... please help me figure out how to bolt this m62 to my engine.
Please overlook the fact that the m62 sucks, and focus on bolting it to my engine.
"WHYYYYYYYYYY" "You're retarded" "turbo" ensues
I say, actually... TVS1320, it's a direct replacement for the m62. To make sure the TVS will work, I will need to fit an M62 first, instead of blowing $ on a blower that may not fit I buy the $80 blower first to mock it up.

Gonna cost a million dollars.
That still sucks, you won't make any power.
That'll never work.
M62 gets bolted down
TVS gets swapped on.
TVS makes exact WHP goal.
Spent about 1000 bucks after selling my GenV stuff.
TVS goes on to break XP cam records with better fuel.
GPF mods and naysayers eat ****.

When the bad apples are the face of your forum they do make a bad tree.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RGS is really the only board I can stand as far as W-body stuff goes.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be fair they only go all **** Moderator/Beast mode because of the immense trolling that Juice didn't bother to show or mention.

His car is Beast mode, had he come with respect he would have been given it. The mods over there are very laid back on alot of things, but when you come back over and over and over pushing and fighting and bickering over everything, yes you get **** moderator treatment.
That's BS, just because one moderator with little man syndrome doesn't like or feels threatened by someone thinking outside of the box doesn't justify his **** tactics. He looks like an ignorant fool and brings down the integrity of the site. Same thing happened on thirdgen.org with LSx swap vs TPI threads.

I agree with the build, it was different and it was nice, and yea it made more power than anyone gave credit for. But with everything said on both sides, it was a losing battle and you were on the wrong side.

You went soooooo long without telling anyone what you had planned and that usually results in BS that never works (you became the 1%), but people lost interest and thought it was a big troll.
You could have ignored Blue, lots of people do it, more than one mod, it could have been handled much better.
The build worked in your favor as not costing so much, but for myself to replicate it, would be more costly than a solid turbo build, and the turbo as you just showed, goes much MUCH further. Which was the exact point your buddy Blue was trying to make the whole time. You just kept saying I want to be different.

I just don't like seeing these threads pop up, which happens about once every 3-4 months, over the Grandprixforums.net group is this and that and everyone sucks and nobody knows anything but the truth is a few bad apples don't make a bad tree.
Just glancing over the threads there seems to be more interest than any other 15 second build.

That mod, "Bluefail" could have also put his ego aside, ignored and handled it much better instead he looks like a huge douche bag with a slow car. I wonder what he's saying know, looks like he sent his minions to save face.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Correct, the CJ intake manifold requires the use of a different throttle body and air intake system, which leads to my question: Has there been any independent testing done to compare the Boss manifold against the Cobra jet, to see if the gains are worth the $850 price tag plus the costs of everything else to make it bolt up? I can't find any "real world" data on it...
Thats cause people are just now getting them on cars. But I guess if want real world the CJ 5.0 n/a uses it, the nw TT 5.0 CJ uses it. Which the fastest n/A CJ has gone 10.06 from what I have seen reported.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Thats cause people are just now getting them on cars. But I guess if want real world the CJ 5.0 n/a uses it, the nw TT 5.0 CJ uses it. Which the fastest n/A CJ has gone 10.06 from what I have seen reported.
Well that doesn't necessarily answer my question as I want to know how much power one can make with a CJ manifold over a Boss on a N/A engine. I'm curious because I have a buddy with a full bolt-on GT with Boss intake/heads/cams swap and he's contemplated making the switch but wanted me to do some investigating first. LOL
Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So the jpc sealed motor car is faster than the n/a CJ race car??? That don't seem right.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evangto87
Also decided to order the cobra jet intake

I love the route you are taking with your Boss. I know that it would be a lot easier to just put some type of forced induction on it, but it is so much more interesting to me to see what gains you can get out of it N/A.
I have a couple of friends that have new 5.0's and every time you post up a new video, I post it on their Face book pages.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
That's BS, just because one moderator with little man syndrome doesn't like or feels threatened by someone thinking outside of the box doesn't justify his **** tactics. He looks like an ignorant fool and brings down the integrity of the site. Same thing happened on thirdgen.org with LSx swap vs TPI threads.

Just glancing over the threads there seems to be more interest than any other 15 second build.

That mod, "Bluefail" could have also put his ego aside, ignored and handled it much better instead he looks like a huge douche bag with a slow car. I wonder what he's saying know, looks like he sent his minions to save face.
It must be tough being on the bench with 16-18 second rides, trying to discredit people who are continuously pushing the platform.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Slowpoke, you have the power to unban me.
I'm not insisting that everyone on the forums drives 16-18 second rides... just the ones who are trying so hard to make sure GPF looks negatively on me.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Who are you talking to, Ju1cy^^? Who is Slowpoke?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
Who are you talking to, Ju1cy^^? Who is Slowpoke?
A moderator on GPF who has lost his way, but there is hope for him yet.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Oh really? What's his s/n here?

Quick Reply: Regal vs Boss