Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
LOl.....the funny part is you talk about your "set-up" being so great but did'nt run the nitto's. Notch's car went faster than yours just did in the 1/8 on wore out nitto's. I guess the camaro chassis is just that much more superior......on Notch's set-up with wore out stock suspension just "works" better....lmao
I'm not falling for your trap of stupid. Move along little lamb.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Good runs, get rest the setup on.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 03-31-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
12k clutch dump brah gettin it done mach 1 stahhhyyylllleeee jk

Good runs.

Thanks man. It actually was a 5,000 clutch dump in all the runs but one, which was a 5,500. Now that I'm not on stock suspension and have better tires I can get ALOT more done. Going to tune the suspsension more and shoot for 1.4s.

Originally Posted by NoHope
Plenty of cars with your mods and the right tires are hitting 7's.

Don't be fooled though, that Mach runs out of breath quickly, it won't pull as hard near the end of a 1/4 mile track.
Originally Posted by redbird555
This^^ I've ridden in quite a few mach 1's with gears and not. I'm always impressed with how well they pull down low its just after the get up around the top of 2nd or third they run out of breath compared to an ls1... Before I had my car my buddies light bolt on z28 would get pulled about a half of car to 45 with my other friends light modded mach 1... after 2nd gear though it was all over lol

Good runs stoppy! Go to a 1/4 track and see what she does for real. I've always liked machs for the shaker setup
Yea I definately would rather have been at the 1/4! But Zmax rained out so we went here.

This is the most recent video of me running a bolt on LS1. As you can see there is no running out of steam on top end. I had a passenger and he was solo.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
Thing moves but id love to see a true 1/4 time and not internet calculations.
I know man. That is why I wasn't even going to post up the numbers it ran but I didn't realize you could read the score board. I thought it got cut out. Oh well...another day!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ran the DA correction on Dragtimes and the converted numbers would have put me at

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

^moves out
Old 03-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
This^^ I've ridden in quite a few mach 1's with gears and not. I'm always impressed with how well they pull down low its just after the get up around the top of 2nd or third they run out of breath compared to an ls1... Before I had my car my buddies light bolt on z28 would get pulled about a half of car to 45 with my other friends light modded mach 1... after 2nd gear though it was all over lol

Good runs stoppy! Go to a 1/4 track and see what she does for real. I've always liked machs for the shaker setup
I'll agree with you that the MACH is not a top end car N/A like a H\C LSx motor or SC Cobra..but the trap speed does increase with some extra bolt-ons. Not trying to stir up anything but to think that the MACH will not pick up mph with more bolt-ons than Stoppy has, is not aware of its capabilities..Long tubes or even mid-lengths will do wonders on his car. Adding in a lighter flywheel with an aluminum driveshaft just allows the rpms to even come up that much quicker....these mods are not expensive either. These cars can run believe it or not and that is from a guy who owned an 01 Z28 for 4 years..
I think for the mods Stoppy has mixed in with his ability to launch his car allows him to run the times he does. I am a firm believer that it is not only about the Hp/Trq but the combination of many other things such as putting the power down to the wheels and more importantly, driving the car. Stoppy and his car is a good example of this...Just my opinion though..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

That is a great looking Mach! Nice runs. Wish I could get a decent launch out of my car.. I need DRs...

Zack
Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So all he has to do is run it in the 1/4 without complaining about no traction/missing gears to shut people up. Seems easy enough..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
So all he has to do is run it in the 1/4 without complaining about no traction/missing gears to shut people up. Seems easy enough..
Hey Guitar, did you get the fix installed for your clutch? Ever had a chance to rerun the Evo? I am curious how you did...
Old 03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Hey Guitar, did you get the fix installed for your clutch? Ever had a chance to rerun the Evo? I am curious how you did...
We only got one run in, him on 93 vs e85 and he pulled me harder than he did on corn. I had a passenger and a full tank of gas and spun because it was real cold but I think my car is a bit down on power somewhere.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZNix
That is a great looking Mach! Nice runs. Wish I could get a decent launch out of my car.. I need DRs...

Zack
Thanks man! You should look into the new MT Pros. There was a 03 Cobra there running them and he was lifting the tires and running 5.2's
Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, the hate is thick in here! At least he had the ***** to take his car to the track and post up. More than I can say for some of the "GM guys" in here that only run their mouth. :winkwink:
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice runs, Stoppy! Car rolls out. Thanks for posting up all vids versus just what you want us to see.

Definitely speaks about your character

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Damn I could only dream of nailing 7s in the 1/8th... Nice times!
If my bolt-on LT1 was capable an 8.2 in summer heat and awful DA on a 1.74 60ft, you should easily be able to do 7's with your mods. Tire up!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Thanks man. It actually was a 5,000 clutch dump in all the runs but one, which was a 5,500. Now that I'm not on stock suspension and have better tires I can get ALOT more done. Going to tune the suspsension more and shoot for 1.4s.

Yea I definately would rather have been at the 1/4! But Zmax rained out so we went here.

This is the most recent video of me running a bolt on LS1. As you can see there is no running out of steam on top end. I had a passenger and he was solo.

bolt on Mach 1 vs bolt on LS1 - YouTube

I know man. That is why I wasn't even going to post up the numbers it ran but I didn't realize you could read the score board. I thought it got cut out. Oh well...another day!
Where did you get the toaster to film that video with?!

A million and one variables in that video, bolt on LS1 means what exactly, it has a catback? Lol. For all I know he was in the wrong gear or maybe an auto.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

I'm not falling for your trap of stupid. Move along little lamb.
LOL...did'nt mean to rain on your parade but facts are facts. Your the one always talking about set-up and if the "works". Yours don't "work any better than a wore out f-body at this point. Funny though that your 60' was .2 faster and 1/8 was slower.
Ran the DA correction on Dragtimes and the converted numbers would have put me at

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
LOL....that's a pipe dream. Here's what a slipp looks like to get you there. Notice that the 1/8 was better and this car had 4mph on you in the 1/8. Your mach is not gonna back 1/2 better than this. Well your mach is not gonna back 1/2 as good as this car either. This is Notch's slip.

Keep using that correction factor if they make you feel good.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NoHope
A million and one variables in that video, bolt on LS1 means what exactly, it has a catback? Lol. For all I know he was in the wrong gear or maybe an auto.
Making excuses? You claimed something...I posted my own results. Deal with it
Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
LOL...did'nt mean to rain on your parade but facts are facts. Your the one always talking about set-up and if the "works". Yours don't "work any better than a wore out f-body at this point. Funny though that your 60' was .2 faster and 1/8 was slower.

LOL....that's a pipe dream. Here's what a slipp looks like to get you there. Notice that the 1/8 was better and this car had 4mph on you in the 1/8. Your mach is not gonna back 1/2 better than this. Well your mach is not gonna back 1/2 as good as this car either. This is Notch's slip.

Keep using that correction factor if they make you feel good.

The light bolt on N/A 4v is smashing your dreams son! Just for you I'm going to keep the stock log manifolds off until I run it at the 1/4.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Damn, the hate is thick in here! At least he had the ***** to take his car to the track and post up. More than I can say for some of the "GM guys" in here that only run their mouth. :winkwink:
To be fair as GM guys our mouths are likely the only thing that runs.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

The light bolt on N/A 4v is smashing your dreams son! Just for you I'm going to keep the stock log manifolds off until I run it at the 1/4.
LOL....that car still had exhaust mani's.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Good runs Kevin!

You had to know that posting 1/8 mile passes on here was going to catch the hate, so props for posting the video's.

Was the Cobra that ran 5.20's, Terry Morton?

Quick Reply: Mach at the track