Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Yeah so mad let me tell you! Haha. Have fun with your 108 mph, "11 sec", 5.30 geared, want to be cobra pile of trash with your non driving ***. Prob be a 10 second car with someone who could actually put it in gear lmao
Stock Mach 1 with a couple bolt ons > Cammed GTO.

Let me know when you get that Cavalier to run worth a damn, k?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Teching In

I ran the same time at the same track last Thursday. Great job man!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I ran the same time at the same track last Thursday. Great job man!
Nice! There was a CTS there running but it wasn't a V. PM me your info and I'll let you know next time we are out if you wanna meet us there. I still wanna go to Zmax next BUT the amount of prep they did for Mooresville was pretty impressive. You don't see big tracks around here caring that much.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Let me know when you get that Cavalier to run worth a damn, k?
Lol keep dreaming in that want to be cobra. Haha. No one missed you one bit. Keep nut riding, it feels great.

Also let me know when you take that junk to a real track so you can prove your times. Not hypothetical bullshit. Congrats you trap what a stock ls1 fbody does lmao. I'd be mad.

Also since my times are so bad let me know when you run on a street tire and not full drag setup! Maybe I should let you drive my car for me, no wait I want my transmission to work after...

Last edited by clonedws6; 04-01-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Bro I trapped same mph in a stock automatic GTO on 235 all seasons as your turd Mach.

And yay you can barely squeak out a win in the 1/8th, after that you'll get destroyed by even a bolt-on car, much less a cammed one that's trapping a good 6-8 more mph than you.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redtan
Bro I trapped same mph in a stock automatic GTO on 235 all seasons as your turd Mach.

And yay you can barely squeak out a win in the 1/8th, after that you'll get destroyed by even a bolt-on car, much less a cammed one that's trapping a good 6-8 more mph than you.
Haha Ikr? But he knows all! Except how to drive lol
Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also let me know when you take that junk to a real track so you can prove your times. Not hypothetical bullshit. Congrats you trap what a stock ls1 fbody does lmao. I'd be mad.
A real track?

You mean the ones where it doesn't take a car that "works" to run decent times?

Just throw some HP mods at it and let it make up for its lack of a proper setup make up for it on the big end.

His car works.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Lol keep dreaming in that want to be cobra. Haha. No one missed you one bit. Keep nut riding, it feels great.

Also since my times are so bad let me know when you run on a street tire and not full drag setup! Maybe I should let you drive my car for me, no wait I want my transmission to work after...
What part of Indiana are you in?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Reapar
What part of Indiana are you in?
About an hour from Indy.

And lemons tell me how great his car is setup with slicks and skinnys and "3" bolt ons lmao. And it "works" because the huge gear, no power and 6k clutch drop. Not that hard to figure out. It takes a little more finesse with a stock irs car. I really don't care much. My car isn't a race car. I'm not trying to break any records here. If you want to see an awesomely set up Gto run, look for Evans videos of his.

Last edited by clonedws6; 04-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

About an hour from Indy.

And lemons tell me how great his car is setup with slicks and skinnys and "3" bolt ons lmao.

On the south side?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

On the south side?
Yeah between Indy and cincy
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

About an hour from Indy.

And lemons tell me how great his car is setup with slicks and skinnys and "3" bolt ons lmao. And it "works" because the huge gear, no power and 6k clutch drop. Not that hard to figure out. It takes a little more finesse with a stock irs car. I really don't care much. My car isn't a race car. I'm not trying to break any records here. If you want to see an awesomely set up Gto run, look for Evans videos of his.
What did you cam only 5.7 GTO ET in the 1/8... I'm going to go out on a limb and say not much, if at all, better than his "3" bolt on Mustang.

What were you saying about his car not working?

I know PLENTY of "3" bolt ons Mustangs that he would absolutely demolish.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah between Indy and cincy
Close enough. Just wondered if you were close enough to get that oversized cavalier's *** busted by the "wanna be cobra" I have in my garage.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
What did you cam only 5.7 GTO ET in the 1/8... I'm going to go out on a limb and say not much, if at all, better than his "3" bolt on Mustang.

What were you saying about his car not working?

I know PLENTY of "3" bolt ons Mustangs that he would absolutely demolish.
I think like 7.8/7.9

You're comparing strong sra to weak irs.... Did I say it didnt work? No just said its not going to pull as hard in the 2nd half if he wants an 11. But I guess this is too much for you to grasp. He got all butthurt and started an argument. I'm sure the Mach 1 weighs around 3300 in drag race mode
as well compared to my stock wheel and tire combo and heavy *** weight. Lots of variables. That's a hell of a time in the 1/8, which is what those cars do well. But I'm just saying it'll even out in a 1/4.

Last edited by clonedws6; 04-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Close enough. Just wondered if you were close enough to get that oversized cavalier's *** busted by the "wanna be cobra" I have in my garage.
Sure come on over. And it's a Grand Prix, duh.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Sure come on over. And it's a Grand Prix, duh.
No way. Grand Prix's look way better. lol.

I run at the track in indy quite often. My boss kinda has his name on it.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

No way. Grand Prix's look way better. lol.

I run at the track in indy quite often. My boss kinda has his name on it.
Sweet!

I'd rather run at Muncie myself.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think like 7.8/7.9

You're comparing strong sra to weak irs.... Did I say it didnt work? No just said its not going to pull as hard in the 2nd half if he wants an 11. But I guess this is too much for you to grasp. He got all butthurt and started an argument. I'm sure the Mach 1 weighs around 3300 in drag race mode
as well compared to my stock wheel and tire combo and heavy *** weight. Lots of variables. That's a hell of a time in the 1/8, which is what those cars do well. But I'm just saying it'll even out in a 1/4.
So his sub 300Rwhp car would walk your 375Rwhp car and be one hell of a race even in the 1/4?

Too much for me to grasp? You have a horribly setup car... I was looking for 6.XX @ 96+mph 1.4X short times with the same power you are making @ 3500#.

Did you pay attention to what I said.. Of course it will even out in the car.. But his properly setup car with 3 mods making sub 300Rwhp is going to give you a hell of a run because you have a badly setup 375Rwhp car. You have to make up for your car not performing in the first half of the track by relying on the power you have added.

He could tell you that you can't 60' hard enough to get an 11. It goes both ways. Right now, he is ahead of the game... Adding power is simple, getting it to the ground and moving quick is the hard part.... AKA 1/8.

He has a much more impressive setup.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=lemons12;17280601]So his sub 300Rwhp car would walk your 375Rwhp car and be one hell of a race even in the 1/4?

Too much for me to grasp? You have a horribly setup car... I was looking for 6.XX @ 96+mph 1.4X short times with the same power you are making @ 3500#.

Did you pay attention to what I said.. Of course it will even out in the car.. But his properly setup car with 3 mods making sub 300Rwhp is going to give you a hell of a run because you have a badly setup 375Rwhp car. You have to make up for your car not performing in the first half of the track by relying on the power you have added.

He could tell you that you can't 60' hard enough to get an 11. It goes both ways. Right now, he is ahead of the game... Adding power is simple, getting it to the ground and moving quick is the hard part.... AKA 1/8.

My car isn't setup to drag race lol! 100% stock suspension with a cam and headers lol! Please compare me to some more race cars. Idiot.
He has a much bettr setup compared to street tires.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

And I wish my car weighed 3500...
And ou say looking? Because your junk hasn't made it? Or broke? My car isn't a race car and never will be. It's a comfy cruiser with a nice sounding lope.

You are just the coolest of the cool.

I guess everyone with a cam only ls1 has a horrible setup car! Ha. Not everyone lives at the strip. But I guess you won't be able to "grasp" that. So salty dude. 1/8 mile racing sucks. My opinion. You don't like it, kick rocks. You're a no one just like me. So comeback with something cool because idc.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track