Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Not sure on the Mach but my manual says the cobra weighed 3415. I'd suspect the Mach a cvnt hair heavier.

To the other argument. You either get to a ET by either traction or MPH. An ET is an ET. For me I like going fast with as little power as I can. Within the first 330' there is a lot goin on in the cabin. Its always exciting. lol.

On good traction days my lower back is sore from it being slammed into the non padded racing seat. I fuggin love it!
3460lbs for an M5 MACH....Currently, I am about 3380lbs though
Old 04-04-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

4.6 is a closer match for an LT1 then an LS1.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why would the Mustang replace the 8.8 with a 9" that is much heavier? The 8.8 is more than strong enough to get the job done. So I wouldn't call a Ford 9" an upgrade for the Mustang. I like to drop weight, not gain it.
You can dance around it all day long, you know the truth, which is funnier to me than your trolling.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Again, you do not understand what corrected numbers are. It was said my calculated numbers were a 12.09 which is basically a 12.1. So given everything went well I more than likely would have been in the 12.2 or 12.1 range, MAYBE. Have I lost you yet?

You claim that you wish me luck with it but I've yet to hear a "good run" from you so I have to call on that claim from you. Not that I care and infact I like the fact that my car hurts your feelings.

So lets go over this...

You are putting my Mach 1 with

O/R X pipe, catback, shifter, RAI, gears, and 8.5" wide tires on a 28 spline stock diff

again a LS1 with your magic touch and

spec x trim clutch, ls6 hiho ported intake, ported tb, 3.73s , underdrive pulley, ory, slp lid, granatelli mass air, ram air, and 275 drag radials

And you are upset because I got one clean run in but with a short shift and still ran 7.76 which is less than a tenth away from a more modded/by you LS1. Yea....I'd say you mad.
Enough bench racing with corrected and calculated #'s already.
Hiho do you realize you have yet to show me any LS1 that mod for mod can outrun a N/A 4.6L at the track...
Stoppy do you realize I have yet to see a n/a 4.6 impress me.....or outrun me for that matter. I'm sure there are some that can but hey are far and few. The most impressive thing about a Mustang is the rearend. That's where you get your et from. You do a good job driving it also. I don't think I've ever seen a n/a 4.6 over 110 or 112mph at the track.
I was bench racing after looking at Bitemark's timeslip.

And I was stating if my 7.7 run had been an 1/4 track I think it would have been 12.2-12.1

Either way that's badass IMO seeing as how I ran 12.58 last time out on a November night!
You benched raced yourself to a 11.96 before that.
Good catch...Maybe I was pointing out that it had 4 gears and then stated it was an automatic??? Who knows...either way I should have originally made my point to be a M6 LS1 because we all know how well those A4s run at the track!!
The only difference in the a4 and m6 are the a4's are nice to the rear.
Originally Posted by adamantium
How about this, you swap rears with an f-body and compare. Lets see how well you ET with a ten bolt. Then we can see how well the f-body can ET. You MPH as much as most stock 01-02 f-bodys btw. Why not compare MPH?
Because he loses the mph comparisons and still fails to see the potential et off the mph.

I'll gladly take ET over MPH.
Not me. I like my car to accelerate after the holeshot. Something about that raw pull once you get moving. The only reason I even bought a rear for my car is the ls7. I'm not sure the 10bolt would hold up at all behind it.
Originally Posted by adamantium
Im sure every person on here that owns an LS1 f-body would benefit from gears, suspension, slick and being able to dump there clutch at redline. Anyone can do that with a rear, im more concerned about power and MPH. I rather swap a rear then an engine. Id hope youd take ET over MPH, if not you'd bought the wrong car for that.
x2
Originally Posted by Guitar
So, for ***** and giggles, let's go mod for mod, assuming a 10 bolt doesn't break.

Full exhaust, gears, intake on both cars.

You're saying a N/A 4.6 has the advantage?
he likes to think so. It butt hurts him when he gets proved wrong.

Yes the car MPHed 108. That is all anyone has to say against my car, ever. Fact is I had 2 seized calipers but no one cares to mention that. At the end you run what you run and that is why I don't always bring it up. Doesn't change the fact that it only trapped that. Also look at the car I was running. A 340rwhp LS1 that trapped 110mph.

And if you knew anything about a Mach 1's powerband it doesn't make power up top so in the 1/4 as far as MPH goes, my 4.56s are actually hurting me not helping me.
Just out of curiosity what was your mph in the 1/8 that night?
Possible, but I've had great luck with my bias plys at tracks with next to no prep. We will see though...
That's besause they're a bias ply.
See the difference is I post up times and I get attacked. Me backing my car isn't the same as going after someone about their's. Make sense?
No one attacked you until you benched raced your way to a 11.96. Besides you said you were gonna be on a dr. You knew w/o maximum traction it was not gonna perform.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can dance around it all day long, you know the truth, which is funnier to me than your trolling.
Wanna meet up at Mooresville a week from tomorrow for some friendly runs? That is their next test-n-tune. Should be quite ugly for me since you are up about 100rwhp.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hio is really mad that Mach Won went low 12s with just a few bolt-ons.

Doesn't matter how much "mph" your car makes if you can't take advantage of it and put it to the ground.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Part 2 is going to be epic...you have my word.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wanna meet up at Mooresville a week from tomorrow for some friendly runs? That is their next test-n-tune. Should be quite ugly for me since you are up about 100rwhp.
The only time I've been to the track EVER got 13.3s at 108. I don't race on the track, my car isn't a track car. I am looking to get a set of cheap drag radials and see what the 10 bolt will do, however. And I'm not driving all the way out there to run my street car at an 1/8 mile track.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03

Doesn't matter how much "mph" your car makes if you can't take advantage of it and put it to the ground.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

inb4i'dratherhave12second140trapsupra
Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

The only time I've been to the track EVER got 13.3s at 108. I don't race on the track, my car isn't a track car. I am looking to get a set of cheap drag radials and see what the 10 bolt will do, however. And I'm not driving all the way out there to run my street car at an 1/8 mile track.
So you're like the guy behind the fence that says he could do better. That's about what I figured. Let me know if you want to run. I'm sure you could put bus lengths on me at the track, since I'm wrong and all.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would hope that run wasn't made with the mods currently in your sig. You would be embarrassing the MPH argument guys
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03

I'm not mad at all....where did you see he went low 12's???? OOHH that's right he benched raced his way there and you bit.

I expect you to start letting out @ the 1000' mark since mph don't matter.

So you're like the guy behind the fence that says he could do better. That's about what I figured. Let me know if you want to run. I'm sure you could put bus lengths on me at the track, since I'm wrong and all.
Not everyone wants a drag car. Not everyone wants to ride on pos bias tires either. Then you need a complete set of wheels for them since your not suppose to run a radial on the front with a bias on the rear.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll gladly put bus lengths on you on the street if that is what you're after. Feel free to ride down and try me.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I would hope that run wasn't made with the mods currently in your sig. You would be embarrassing the MPH argument guys
Yes, it was. As I mentioned first time ever at the track. Idle launch, shifting who knows where, 2.3 60', etc.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm not mad at all....where did you see he went low 12's???? OOHH that's right he benched raced his way there and you bit.

I expect you to start letting out @ the 1000' mark since mph don't matter.

Not everyone wants a drag car. Not everyone wants to ride on pos bias tires either. Then you need a complete set of wheels for them since your not suppose to run a radial on the front with a bias on the rear.
So now my daily driver is a "drag car"? And I need a complete set of wheels for them? LOL All I do is change out my rear tires and I'm off! Man...talk about a headache getting into race car mode!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
What do you think my car would have run in the 1/4?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll gladly put bus lengths on you on the street if that is what you're after. Feel free to ride down and try me.

Yes, it was. As I mentioned first time ever at the track. Idle launch, shifting who knows where, 2.3 60', etc.
Where do you live in NC? I'd be willing to meet you for some street races.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Every time my 10 bolt makes it through a 2nd gear shift I feel blessed...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where do you live in NC? I'd be willing to meet you for some street races.
1 hour from Raleigh. I can gladly get this group together again so your trip out here won't be a complete waste. You might be able to pull the stock GTO in that pic.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alittle under $300 worth of mods I got today.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track