Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2007 Impala SS vs ? LT1 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07BlackSS
Ah. Thanks for the heads up. And yeah I'm use to these garb trannies. 2 GP GTPs and 1 GP GT. So yeah use to it lol. And I've posted a few on here. Like me getting *** raped by my buddy's WS6 and a turbo swapped cobalt.
I owned an LT1 WS6, believe me, I'm used to the losses

Yeah, mom's 06 GP (3.8 NA) needs her tranny fluid flushed at some point in the near future. The 3.8s are reliable as hell. Just wish GM would have puts a trans worth a damn in them.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got his *** kicked after messing with a FWD Sedan, sad.

Ever messed with an LS1 Fbody?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I owned an LT1 WS6, believe me, I'm used to the losses

Yeah, mom's 06 GP (3.8 NA) needs her tranny fluid flushed at some point in the near future. The 3.8s are reliable as hell. Just wish GM would have puts a trans worth a damn in them.
I thought 2005 was the last year GM used the 3.8.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope
I thought 2005 was the last year GM used the 3.8.
They dropped the GTP badge from the Grand Prixs and just made the GTs supercharged. Think they go til 08?? But still the 3.8. And yes my budsy's WS6 is an 02. He's calmed now. So not messing with him again lol. Check out my YouTube page 06CherryH3
Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Got his *** kicked after messing with a FWD Sedan, sad.

Ever messed with an LS1 Fbody?
I have. I am assuming it was an auto with a bad driver, and it was a roll. Ran even from 15-70 when we both let off. I had two people in the car. Can't go faster because it was in town and a lot of people cruising.

Whooped an 01 wrx the week before. Not proud of that one. About a mile between lights and we raced a short one in between the lights. Next light turned red so we stopped next to each other again. He had already lit a cigarette 15 seconds afterwards. Think he was pretty upset with that one.

Last edited by Cory1750; 04-04-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: words
Old 04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cory1750
I have. I am assuming it was an auto with a bad driver, and it was a roll. Ran even from 15-70 when we both let off. I had two people in the car. Can't go faster because it was in town and a lot of people cruising.

Whooped an 01 wrx the week before. Not proud of that one. About a mile between lights and we raced a short one in between the lights. Next light turned red so we stopped next to each other again. He had already lit a cigarette 15 seconds afterwards. Think he was pretty upset with that one.
Racing in town up to 70MPH? Brilliant idea. Now who's the 16 yr old kid...
Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

They dropped the GTP badge from the Grand Prixs and just made the GTs supercharged. Think they go til 08?? But still the 3.8. And yes my budsy's WS6 is an 02. He's calmed now. So not messing with him again lol. Check out my YouTube page 06CherryH3
I'm not sure if Pontiac was different, but I know in the Impala and Monte Carlo, 2005 was the last year they used the N/A 3.8 and the S/C 3.8. In 2006 they offered the 210HP 3.5 V6 and the 240HP 3.9 V6.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure if Pontiac was different, but I know in the Impala and Monte Carlo, 2005 was the last year they used the N/A 3.8 and the S/C 3.8. In 2006 they offered the 210HP 3.5 V6 and the 240HP 3.9 V6.
I think those engine models were given to the G6s. The Grand Prix was dropped then for the G8.

And who races to 70 in town? Really??? :-( this guy.....but we have no traffic where we race
Old 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Racing in town up to 70MPH? Brilliant idea. Now who's the 16 yr old kid...
It's a cruise late at night. A hundred people probably come out a week. This means that there are generally more cars ahead of you to keep you from going too fast. I generally don't turn down a race because they are fun. I don't care if I lose. I don't have this fabricated pride I am trying to protect. Generally though it seems like it is the F-body drivers that don't want to mess around though

And you are god damn right I'm a kid. I'm 20. Is that still a kid? Ehhh.

Nope...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

I think those engine models were given to the G6s. The Grand Prix was dropped then for the G8.

And who races to 70 in town? Really??? :-( this guy.....but we have no traffic where we race
Like I said it's a cruise late at night and there is like 100 people out at a given time. Nobody really goes faster than that because there are police everywhere. Only place to really get a race unless you want to go to the track. Basically it's a 4 lane road with a light every half mile. Go up a couple miles, turn around, and go back the other way. It's just the way it is here. You can get 6-7 races a night though.

EDIT: btw, the firebird let off first. Just saying. Around here that the way it is.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Like I said it's a cruise late at night and there is like 100 people out at a given time. Nobody really goes faster than that because there are police everywhere. Only place to really get a race unless you want to go to the track. Basically it's a 4 lane road with a light every half mile. Go up a couple miles, turn around, and go back the other way. It's just the way it is here. You can get 6-7 races a night though.
That's how it is here. Or we can go out to the loop. Where are you from? Sounds like you have a good variety of cars there
Old 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a cruise late at night. A hundred people probably come out a week. This means that there are generally more cars ahead of you to keep you from going too fast. I generally don't turn down a race because they are fun. I don't care if I lose. I don't have this fabricated pride I am trying to protect. Generally though it seems like it is the F-body drivers that don't want to mess around though

And you are god damn right I'm a kid. I'm 20. Is that still a kid? Ehhh.

Nope...
LOL! All this talk about being a more mature driver for having a car that is more practical, fuel efficient (and it's not, they're the same), bigger, and all, and you still race it. You talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Yeah, as is the evidence in the video, Fbody drivers don't mess around...right.

You're 20? You can't buy alcohol yet, still a kid.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

LOL! All this talk about being a more mature driver for having a car that is more practical, fuel efficient (and it's not, they're the same), bigger, and all, and you still race it. You talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Yeah, as is the evidence in the video, Fbody drivers don't mess around...right. :eyesroll:
Lol I never said it was more fuel efficient. And I am just busting your ***** about the F-body comment. I never said I was a mature driver either. For gods sake I have a big *** hoonigan sticker on the window. I go looking for races on a weekly basis. But I also drive 360 miles a week just for work. An old f body simply does not work out in that situation. And I don't know what talk the talk but don't walk the walk means. By walking do you mean out grocery shopping you? lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're 20? You can't buy alcohol yet, still a kid.
Right, because all 20 year olds struggle finding a source for alcohol

Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Right, because all 20 year olds struggle finding a source for alcohol

Honestly I don't drink. How else could I afford this car? I bought it at the age of 18 working for 7.75 an hour lol(have a better job now). Never missed a payment. This is the designated drivers car. Another reason why I have a four door.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

That's how it is here. Or we can go out to the loop. Where are you from? Sounds like you have a good variety of cars there
We cruise around in the little town of Hickory North Cackalacky. Right near the race track. The variety here is crazy. Old muscle cars, F-bodies, imports, euros, Diesel and gas trucks, Corvettes, I have even seen a Superleggera driving around here. NSX too. I don't live there, drive a bit to go cruise, but its a blast. Pretty sure I am the only LS4. There is a similar year N/A V6 monte that drives around. I laugh at him. I don't know why you would drive a non SS monte.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

We cruise around in the little town of Hickory North Cackalacky. Right near the race track. The variety here is crazy. Old muscle cars, F-bodies, imports, euros, Diesel and gas trucks, Corvettes, I have even seen a Superleggera driving around here. NSX too. I don't live there, drive a bit to go cruise, but its a blast. Pretty sure I am the only LS4. There is a similar year N/A V6 monte that drives around. I laugh at him. I don't know why you would drive a non SS monte.
Yeah we have some crazy cars around here for a small town. A twin turbo lotus Esprit, a Noble, mutilpe Ferraris, a couple lambos, a Lotus Exige(?), and numerous F bodies and stangs. But we only see the V6 mustangs and RX8s with underglows out to play -_- There's a Grand Prix GXP and another Impala SS. Bit ones a kid and the impala an older couple
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know why you'd drive an SS one either.

Zing!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Yeah we have some crazy cars around here for a small town. A twin turbo lotus Esprit, a Noble, mutilpe Ferraris, a couple lambos, a Lotus Exige(?), and numerous F bodies and stangs. But we only see the V6 mustangs and RX8s with underglows out to play -_- There's a Grand Prix GXP and another Impala SS. Bit ones a kid and the impala an older couple
Haha I was at a car show a while back and a blue impala ss pulled up and parked right in the middle. I started to walk towards it when the oldest lady I have ever seen got out of it and walked into Marshalls. Was not happy about that situation lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Haha I was at a car show a while back and a blue impala ss pulled up and parked right in the middle. I started to walk towards it when the oldest lady I have ever seen got out of it and walked into Marshalls. Was not happy about that situation lol.
^Lmao!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2007 Impala SS vs ? LT1 Camaro