Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id say the bike was poorly riddin. Now that being said you better have some power to race any 600 -1300 cc with a real rider 1-4 gear. i raced a 1300 turbo hybusa from 80mph to 170. My car was a 830 hp 02 turbo z28, six speed 3.73 gear. On the hit he put 3 bikes on me. Did he leave me no but i couldent catch him. Then I raced a gxr 750 from 60-170, on the hit he put 2 bikes on me by 110 or so i passed him. This just my .2 I just know with a real rider on 600cc bike will walk a 550 hp vette froma dig and a 40-80 roll. You really need 600-700 hp to walk a 600cc from a roll. Not trying to hate but this what I think lol.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Id say the bike was poorly riddin. Now that being said you better have some power to race any 600 -1300 cc with a real rider 1-4 gear. i raced a 1300 turbo hybusa from 80mph to 170. My car was a 830 hp 02 turbo z28, six speed 3.73 gear. On the hit he put 3 bikes on me. Did he leave me no but i couldent catch him. Then I raced a gxr 750 from 60-170, on the hit he put 2 bikes on me by 110 or so i passed him. This just my .2 I just know with a real rider on 600cc bike will walk a 550 hp vette froma dig and a 40-80 roll. You really need 600-700 hp to walk a 600cc from a roll. Not trying to hate but this what I think lol.
This is some of the most accurate comparisons I've seen on this site when talking bikes and cars.

FWIW a properly set up turbo busa/14 will take a dedicated drag car to beat from either a dig or a roll. We're talking 1,000hp minimum entrance fee .
Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
I think bike guys get butt hurt the easiest...

^thats gonna get them going lol
As evidenced by this thread...lol. Even brings out the guys that wish their motor was attached to a C6...haha

As far as the run, just like in life, when your up against a difficult opponent you want to play to your strengths and their weaknesses. I always manage to bait guys on bikes to a high speed roll (they are so easy to bait). Hence, all the outcomes ive had. I accept my car is not going to beat every bike from any type of race. Just commenting on my life experiences with high speed rolls and guys with various bikes.....

Tracked350Z, I'm in Houston, so whenever you're here PM me, im down for some runs on film for the forums. If you wait too long though, I'm going to have an Edelbrock E-force at that time
Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by callmedoc
As evidenced by this thread...lol. Even brings out the guys that wish their motor was attached to a C6...haha

As far as the run, just like in life, when your up against a difficult opponent you want to play to your strengths and their weaknesses. I always manage to bait guys on bikes to a high speed roll (they are so easy to bait). Hence, all the outcomes ive had. I accept my car is not going to beat every bike from any type of race. Just commenting on my life experiences with high speed rolls and guys with various bikes.....

Tracked350Z, I'm in Houston, so whenever you're here PM me, im down for some runs on film for the forums. If you wait too long though, I'm going to have an Edelbrock E-force at that time
Some bike guys get so butt hurt, especially ones who also have fast cars, because they know how ridiculous a car needs to be to hang with a properly ridden modern crotch rocket of ANY size. High speed roll baiting only works on new riders with 600s who start in too high of a gear and don't tuck. With your mods a modern literbike - even with a shitty rider - will take your lunch money from any speed you want to go at. Bigger then a literbike? They won't even have to down shift and will put train lengths while laughing in their helmets .

I beat a CBR600 when my car was just a bolt-on LT1 that ran 12.8s, but that doesn't mean I should brag since with a rider who actually knew what he was doing I would have been bus lengths behind.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Puck
Some bike guys get so butt hurt, especially ones who also have fast cars, because they know how ridiculous a car needs to be to hang with a properly ridden modern crotch rocket of ANY size. High speed roll baiting only works on new riders with 600s who start in too high of a gear and don't tuck. With your mods a modern literbike - even with a shitty rider - will take your lunch money from any speed you want to go at. Bigger then a literbike? They won't even have to down shift and will put train lengths while laughing in their helmets .

I beat a CBR600 when my car was just a bolt-on LT1 that ran 12.8s, but that doesn't mean I should brag since with a rider who actually knew what he was doing I would have been bus lengths behind.
Originally Posted by Beans
It probably was a 750-1000cc to even hang with the Vette from a 100 roll.
Ask Beans why he thinks this.....for some reason I trust his opinion more than yours. If he told me a 600 should have beat me from a 100 mph roll, I'd believe him.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Beans
There's your first clue that it's going to be a turd.

Most people can't ride.

It probably was a 750-1000cc to even hang with the Vette from a 100 roll.
Ask Beans why he thinks this.....for some reason I trust his opinion more than yours. If he told me a 600 should have beat me from a 100 mph roll, I'd believe him.
lol you just trust the opinion you like the best huh?

Well how bout you try and understand what beans meant.

He was referring to the fat tire in the rear. As i mentioned earlier, thats only for drag racing or people who cant ride. The fat tire made the bike run slower than stock from a high roll. He also mentions "Most people can't ride." Now considering this rider had a fat tire and wanted to go from a 100mph roll, do you really think you beat the bike there?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:13 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
This^^

I had a 636 and raced a bunch of cars
From a dig just about everything around here ended up embarrasing for the cars.
Roll raced a ctsv and a ysi vette and got murdered.

Built a pretty nasty 750 and the only race I can remember losing was to a 350z with twins. It finally came around me at 150-160

Ive raced some seriously fast **** on a bone stock r1 and pulled bus lengths without downshifting into 1st.
A modern liter bike with a good rider will make you wish you had saved your money
Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Teching In

I'm going to get a run on film for the butt-hurt bike riders on here. I'm going to carry my GoPro Black more often in my car...maybe seeing will be believing. That might not be even be good enough for some of you guys; there will always be some excuse like the guy couldn't ride, ect...
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mkvamso
This^^

I had a 636 and raced a bunch of cars
From a dig just about everything around here ended up embarrasing for the cars.
Roll raced a ctsv and a ysi vette and got murdered.

Built a pretty nasty 750 and the only race I can remember losing was to a 350z with twins. It finally came around me at 150-160

Ive raced some seriously fast **** on a bone stock r1 and pulled bus lengths without downshifting into 1st.
A modern liter bike with a good rider will make you wish you had saved your money
gonna dig a R1 with an expert rider when the 96 is really ready to try it.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 AM
8 Second Club

I'm going to get a run on film for the butt-hurt bike riders on here. I'm going to carry my GoPro Black more often in my car...maybe seeing will be believing. That might not be even be good enough for some of you guys; there will always be some excuse like the guy couldn't ride, ect...
Your car isn't nearly as fast as you think
Its definitely the rider, maybe you got a 100 MPH roll win against an older 600

100 is first gear on a newer 1000, you'll get yanked before you even see what kind of bike it is

Your car traps 120? Wow...i've trapped 140 in 1000' at 8 teens bone stock.
Machine vs machine your car doesn't just doesn't have the power. I'm not saying you didn't outrun a bike, especially starting at 100, but it wasn't because your car is faster than it
Old 05-06-2013, 02:13 AM
Banned

Your car isn't nearly as fast as you think
Its definitely the rider, maybe you got a 100 MPH roll win against an older 600

100 is first gear on a newer 1000, you'll get yanked before you even see what kind of bike it is

Your car traps 120? Wow...i've trapped 140 in 1000' at 8 teens bone stock.
Machine vs machine your car doesn't just doesn't have the power. I'm not saying you didn't outrun a bike, especially starting at 100, but it wasn't because your car is faster than it
Who gives a ******* ****? OP's car was faster than that particular bike in this particular race. Get over it, cry baby. It truly amazes me how some of you butt hurt trolls will go to the ends of the earth to try and justify why a certain car/bike loses to another. Just because you think it shouldn't have happened, or that you have seen a different outcome between two completely different cars/bikes in two completely different areas.

Nice kill, Doc. Now go get us those vids!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:43 AM
8 Second Club

I'm not crying about anything
I think you lack reading comprehension
I never doubted the fact that his car outran that bike, the arrogance is what I was posting about.
If I posted on here that my car outran something that is without a doubt faster, it would be because of driver error, luck, etc. I wouldnt continue by saying some dumb **** about putting the top up and really pulling on it.
If I'm racing a 1000 HP vette and he ***** up and I outrun him, it doesn't mean my car is faster.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:05 AM
Banned

Your car traps 120? Wow...i've trapped 140 in 1000' at 8 teens bone stock
I'm not crying about anything
I think you lack reading comprehension
I never doubted the fact that his car outran that bike, the arrogance is what I was posting about.
If I posted on here that my car outran something that is without a doubt faster, it would be because of driver error, luck, etc. I wouldnt continue by saying some dumb **** about putting the top up and really pulling on it.
If I'm racing a 1000 HP vette and he ***** up and I outrun him, it doesn't mean my car is faster.
^You don't think that first quote of yours shows arrogance? Pot meet kettle...

And again, who gives a **** what shoulda coulda woulda happened? It didn't happen so get over it. A bolt on LS2 C6 is no slouch at all above 120mph. I've seen bone stock LS2 C6's pull on pullied/bolt on Terminators at those speeds. Also, you don't think that having your vert's top down at high speeds makes a difference?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Zlow28
He was referring to the fat tire in the rear. As i mentioned earlier, thats only for drag racing or people who cant ride. The fat tire made the bike run slower than stock from a high roll. He also mentions "Most people can't ride." Now considering this rider had a fat tire and wanted to go from a 100mph roll, do you really think you beat the bike there?
^^^This. Fat rear tire actually slows a bike down. Unless you are turbo/nitrous a fat tire kit adds tons of weight and rolling resistance for no reason other then looks.

I'm a fan of both sides, sorry if you can't handle an honest comparison. I've ridden and owned 600s, 1000s, and now a 14R all in various stages of modding. I've had cars everywhere from 13 to 10 seconds, new motor I just finished should make around 650hp on motor and run mid 10s NA in a lil' ol LT1. Still don't trust my opinion? I have a fair understanding of what it takes to hang with a bike, and your mild bolt-on stock vette isn't there. 120 trap isn't enough, period. My 07 zx6 made 106hp stock and with simple basic bolt-ons(after a few trips to practice!) ran 10.8s @ 127 mph and its a 6 year old model...new ones are way faster and will do that stock/strapped. A car that isn't reliably in the 10s won't hang with that at any mph unless you race 120-150 .

BTW 750's are not much quicker then a 600. Easier to ride because of a bit more TQ, but very similar HP. New 636 is only down ~8hp/5TQ vs the Gixxer 750 - but for that small deficit it is lighter, way more advanced with KTRC traction control, handles better, more overrev, and has better brakes.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Hey guys, his convertible vette with just exhaust/cai isn't a 120mph car. He has never been to the track, has proven he is a typical arrogant/clueless vette owner and is talking ricer talk about his car. I'd bet he can't do better then 116mph traps personally at a normal track.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Launching!

c5/c6 Vettes really lay out and go at anything over 100mph

C6 Vette > GTO ......... all day
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Hey guys, his convertible vette with just exhaust/cai isn't a 120mph car. He has never been to the track, has proven he is a typical arrogant/clueless vette owner and is talking ricer talk about his car. I'd bet he can't do better then 116mph traps personally at a normal track.
You still havent stated your track times from your current setup?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Teching In

You beat the rider
Old 05-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
He said that he took it to the track when it was stock. Learn how to read, cry baby. It trapped 115.8 or so, bone stock, he said. With his bolt ons he could definitely be trapping 120 mph now.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
You beat the rider
^ This

And your an arrogant douche bag with a POS LS2 Corvette that probably has a salvage title and 180k miles.

Quick Reply: Another Guy on a Bike Gets his Feelings Hurt…