Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

hwy run G8 vs 392 SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Apparently you didn't read the handling test results....

SRT8 Charger(pre 2011): .88g lateral accel
65.8mph slalom speed

G8 GXP: .88g lateral accel
65mph slalom speed

Like I said the R/Ts don't have the same suspension that the SRT8s do. Just because it feels one way or another by using the *** accelerometer, doesn't mean your *** is calibrated. I use accelerometers for smoothing helicopter rotor systems. Just because my *** says it feels fine, and I have been doing it for 20+ years, doesn't mean the accelerometers will say that. So unless you have better test data or equipment, I will have to disagree.
If we went by numbers and magazine reviews alone, the G8 GT would be damn near trouncing the SRT8 Super bee, according to whats been posted up here.

I'll agree to disagree with you on this aspect.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
For whatever reason I saw the same **** with my buddies A4 GTO (2006)... stock tune was garbage..completely different car with a tune on it.
Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Yep the autos are turds from GM untuned. Also the LS2 intake ****** sucks from the factory. I gained almost 30 RWHP on my 06 GTO from a ported intake and tb and tune only. went from 330 to 358 lol.

The best time I ran in my G8 with full exhaust and full bolt ons was a 12.xx @ 110- highest trap ever was 112. Minor weight reduction involved. The stock exhaust system weighs like 100 lbs its ridiculous. Just like the new Camaros.

Hands down I would rather have a G8 than an SRT though. They handle a lot better (I have owned a 2006 Charger R/T edition so Im not necessarily biased.) The G8 looks better, and better aftermarket.
Had a 04 a4 GTO before my Z/28.

With just cutouts I ran 13.9x on street tires at Route 66. (Humid day)

Added a K&N cai, and pcm tune on dr's and was running consistent 13.1x 6 months later.

Stock tunes are crap!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
I agree that it's no Lotus but it handles comparable to it's DIRECT competition.
Originally Posted by odthetruth
If comparable means "worse but not TOO bad", then I'll agree. LOL
If we went by numbers and magazine reviews alone, the G8 GT would be damn near trouncing the SRT8 Super bee, according to whats been posted up here.
So...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

I'll agree to disagree with you on this aspect.
To be fair, I think it is a little easier for the magazine testers to screw up the 1/4 mile numbers due to driver error on the launch than it is for them to mess up driving around in a circle. The slalom could easily be botched, but it really isn't that hard to turn the wheel and see how fast you can go in a circle. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: hwy run G8 vs 392 SRT8