Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

800whp+ gt500 vs me(vid post 17)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

And everyone of the gt500 I have ran here in ga is slower then me at the track so far. This one hasnt been yet. But I went 10.3 on same tune I ran him on. And my car is a whole different animal from a dig then roll. Soon hear im a stalled auto they dont want to do digs.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Oh someone on svt post this..im banned I like getting them in an uproar.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I have a completely stock engine. Blower went on day I brought it home. I have 22k miles now. Been 650+ for about 98% of it. The car has laid down over 700whp 3 times on the race tune. Last was with the 20's on it. Put some ms109 in it that time and added 1.5 degrees of timing. Times before was just 93 but on bigs littles. I am going to drop to a 3.4 pulley and do headers. Should make around 750whp in drsg trim. Ill have race gas mixed in. Least 104 octane. Mainly for detonation issues.

There is least 6 I know that has made 700-800whp on stock bottom end. All on 93 on lower side and racegas mixed on higher side. Its all in the tune. I dont want e85 cs I cant drive it to ohio and tx. I will stick with 93 and throw some racegas in for safety. Even when I do built engine.
Good luck with it.. hope the engine holds out. I guess its a pot luck kind of thing. I would at least have a spare built shortblock ready to pop in when the stock one lets go. Myself, I will not go over 750rwhp with the stock short bottom end. I daily drive the car most of the time. Once I throw the Ford racing shortblock in, I'll raise the boost up some more.. but would prefer to do all I can with 93. I might get a race gas tune for the track, but will mostly run the 93 tune.

Oh someone on svt post this..im banned I like getting them in an uproar.
lol.. what did you get banned for?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

I got banned for calling bbr out on their bs.

I have enough saved for a built long block. But want to push engine first.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Wow.. they dont let people tell true stories about vendors do they? I heard BBR liked to cheat on ballot boxes too.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

He has upgraded it. He runs DR's 24/7 on the stock rims. He dropped all his money on the build for engine, trans, blower. Wasnt worried about wheels.
of course not..
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Wow.. they dont let people tell true stories about vendors do they? I heard BBR liked to cheat on ballot boxes too.
Did you ever see the vid they got busted? They was stuffing their own box caught red handed. They reported vid till it was taken down. They still lost
Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
Link?
There is still pkenty on s197. Yellowbullet. Most on svt have been deleted. Cs thats how svt is. But most are on to bbr now.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camper
of course not..
Word is he ran out money. He was walking to work for 6 months while waiting on car to be done. Luckily he lives in barracks.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Did you ever see the vid they got busted? They was stuffing their own box caught red handed. They reported vid till it was taken down. They still lost
Yep, i saw that video. Pretty low if you ask me. Says alot about their character.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

aware me, sounds lulzy
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Oh vid of how their built engine TT gt500 with built auto trans dont shift. Can run out Po assed the 60ft. Or how there built engine TT 5.0 on 18-20lbs only ran 9.8.

Or how they called out Terry Reeves aka beefcake in GA. Then they noshowed.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Banned

Oh vid of how their built engine TT gt500 with built auto trans dont shift. Can run out Po assed the 60ft. Or how there built engine TT 5.0 on 18-20lbs only ran 9.8.

Or how they called out Terry Reeves aka beefcake in GA. Then they noshowed.
i googled them are they in SFL? Lmfaooo if so im not surprised. So many shitty shops here.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Banned

I have a completely stock engine. Blower went on day I brought it home. I have 22k miles now. Been 650+ for about 98% of it. The car has laid down over 700whp 3 times on the race tune. Last was with the 20's on it. Put some ms109 in it that time and added 1.5 degrees of timing. Times before was just 93 but on bigs littles. I am going to drop to a 3.4 pulley and do headers. Should make around 750whp in drsg trim. Ill have race gas mixed in. Least 104 octane. Mainly for detonation issues.

There is least 6 I know that has made 700-800whp on stock bottom end. All on 93 on lower side and racegas mixed on higher side. Its all in the tune. I dont want e85 cs I cant drive it to ohio and tx. I will stick with 93 and throw some racegas in for safety. Even when I do built engine.
Is it easier on your motor because of the dual cams and variable timing? I dont know much about FI so yes i am sounding like a newbie lol. But I always thought forged internals was a must with FI (FI Forced Induction) and just wondering how the stock internals can handle that pressure from a turbo or S/C bc I know its putting a lot of strain on the bottom end.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Is it easier on your motor because of the dual cams and variable timing? I dont know much about FI so yes i am sounding like a newbie lol. But I always thought forged internals was a must with FI (FI Forced Induction) and just wondering how the stock internals can handle that pressure from a turbo or S/C bc I know its putting a lot of strain on the bottom end.
A lot of it is I'm running a centrifugal blower. Not as hard on the engine as a whipple or kb etc. They can't get much passed 20-12 lbs till they have issues. They start breaking oil pump gears, hurting engine with weaker internals.

Forged internals isnt a must. But if you want to push it and have a lot kess worries its the way to go.b

the cam set up helps make some power. Plus the great flowing heads from the go.

also if you look the fast 5.0 are using centri blowers. They shine with them. Even with built engines. Onky way it seems the pd blower do great is built engines and 3500lb race weights.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
i googled them are they in SFL? Lmfaooo if so im not surprised. So many shitty shops here.
Yes they are. Guess they used to be decent. But then fell off.

I ordered my hood from them. They forgot to process and after 2 minths of gearing it was sent. Lying about talking to my wife, blah blah. They then told me shipping went up 160. I told them basically I dont care. Not my fault they messed up and got my hood out 2 months late. They even tried to charge my card which I disputed and declined it cause bank seen it come thru and put on hold cause I was in Iraq. It finally took me starting a thread about bs in two forums, showing the emails for them to admit they was wrong. That along with some ither shasy stuff after I admitted they done me wrongn people said them too. They are no longer sponsors on them boards.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

A lot of it is I'm running a centrifugal blower. Not as hard on the engine as a whipple or kb etc. They can't get much passed 20-12 lbs till they have issues. They start breaking oil pump gears, hurting engine with weaker internals.

Forged internals isnt a must. But if you want to push it and have a lot kess worries its the way to go.b

the cam set up helps make some power. Plus the great flowing heads from the go.

also if you look the fast 5.0 are using centri blowers. They shine with them. Even with built engines. Onky way it seems the pd blower do great is built engines and 3500lb race weights.
Thanks for explaining it I tell yea if I ever lose a race I know what Im doing to my WS6 then...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

Yes they are. Guess they used to be decent. But then fell off.

I ordered my hood from them. They forgot to process and after 2 minths of gearing it was sent. Lying about talking to my wife, blah blah. They then told me shipping went up 160. I told them basically I dont care. Not my fault they messed up and got my hood out 2 months late. They even tried to charge my card which I disputed and declined it cause bank seen it come thru and put on hold cause I was in Iraq. It finally took me starting a thread about bs in two forums, showing the emails for them to admit they was wrong. That along with some ither shasy stuff after I admitted they done me wrongn people said them too. They are no longer sponsors on them boards.
Not surprised man. I live in miami, 90% of all the car shops down here are a ******* joke and shady as ****.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adamantium
Not surprised man. I live in miami, 90% of all the car shops down here are a ******* joke and shady as ****.
give Matt a call at Florida speed & power. Hes formerly ECS and a top notch guy.

Quick Reply: 800whp+ gt500 vs me(vid post 17)