Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street Outlaws #1 race NEXT WEEK!!! Murder Nova vs. Street Beast

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1/8th mile..everyone keeps posting up these 1/4 videos. UGR's cars get down the back of the track. No denying that. Their short times have even gotten better, but they still aren't going to do **** in an 1/8th mile dig on the street
Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Truth

Old 06-25-2013, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

This show is pretty gay. From the looks of it farmtruck is the only one that drives his vehicle at all. Just a bunch of race cars and dudes with small wee wee's.

From the looks of their good enough to run there race cars and haul them around to race in some fictitious ranking but not good enough to do professionally.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This show is pretty gay. From the looks of it farmtruck is the only one that drives his vehicle at all. Just a bunch of race cars and dudes with small wee wee's.

From the looks of their good enough to run there race cars and haul them around to race in some fictitious ranking but not good enough to do professionally.
You Jelly Breh? Doubt you could even hang with that truck. lol
Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
1/8th mile..everyone keeps posting up these 1/4 videos. UGR's cars get down the back of the track. No denying that. Their short times have even gotten better, but they still aren't going to do **** in an 1/8th mile dig on the street
This is what I was thinking. Those UGR Lambo's are bad as all hell, but they would get eaten up in an 1/8 mile dig race by them OKC cars on Street Outlaws.

There's not really any good reason to throw a fuss about the show anyway. Its a TV show with a bunch of bad *** fast rides with an occassional race. If ya don't like it, simply don't watch it. If you find it worth while to watch, realize it's mother f'n television and everything on the show isn't going to be 100% how it is in real life. But seriously, who doesn't know that already? How many think all them stupid whacked-out Real Housewives of Crazy Bitch County shows are actually real?

Disclaimer: yes I have a woman (like a lot of you I assume) who watches them "Real Housewives" shows. Myself, I'd rather watch a turkey f*ck a tuna.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm
You Jelly Breh? Doubt you could even hang with that truck. lol
We're all jelly Will, even you is. lol
Old 06-25-2013, 12:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
This is what I was thinking. Those UGR Lambo's are bad as all hell, but they would get eaten up in an 1/8 mile dig race by them OKC cars on Street Outlaws.

There's not really any good reason to throw a fuss about the show anyway. Its a TV show with a bunch of bad *** fast rides with an occassional race. If ya don't like it, simply don't watch it. If you find it worth while to watch, realize it's mother f'n television and everything on the show isn't going to be 100% how it is in real life. But seriously, who doesn't know that already? How many think all them stupid whacked-out Real Housewives of Crazy Bitch County shows are actually real?

Disclaimer: yes I have a woman (like a lot of you I assume) who watches them "Real Housewives" shows. Myself, I'd rather watch a turkey f*ck a tuna.
There is no way to make anyone happy in this subculture. Every characterization of this world is frowned upon even though this is probably one of the most legit shows made about street racing. The show gets one thing right and that is there are big ego's in every aspect of the show. Can't hang with the competition? Bitch about them trailering in racecars on the internet. The new hotness in self gratification.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
We're all jelly Will, even you is. lol
I'm not going to lie, but those cars are stout and 99.9% of the people that would bitch about it would probably get their *** handed to them by the top 5 cars on that list. Now I do love that farmtruck. The thing is just obnoxiously awesome and absolutely unassuming. I liked the part where he's out collecting import wings like making notches on a bedpost. I got a chuckle out of that.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

^^^not really....but whatever. I have no desire for a car like that. But if I did I would take it to a real track and race against real race cars. Not pretend street cars.

The only one worth having is farm truck. We can agree on that.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm
I'm not going to lie, but those cars are stout and 99.9% of the people that would bitch about it would probably get their *** handed to them by the top 5 cars on that list. Now I do love that farmtruck. The thing is just obnoxiously awesome and absolutely unassuming. I liked the part where he's out collecting import wings like making notches on a bedpost. I got a chuckle out of that.
Thus far, that has been the best part of the show.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They should make sure when they claim to be the fastest street cars in the world then they should mention its only in the 1/8th, just sayin
Old 06-25-2013, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
They should make sure when they claim to be the fastest street cars in the world then they should mention its only in the 1/8th, just sayin
How about you go tell them yourself. I'm sure they will completely agree with you and thank you for your concerns.

http://www.midweststreetcars.com/smf....php?board=8.0
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

All I have to say on the matter is this.
If THE DISCOVERY channel were to film every race on an open street these races would never be seen. TOO DIM
First episode Chief said they were racing at the airport, then last night they showed him going back to the same gentleman for permission to do it again. They have to have somewhat closed coarse due to all the camera crews and extra lights that were set up. We all know how crappy a dark road video is and this is my opinion.

Oh I hope SHAWN wins
Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like I said I was just sayin, don't claim to be the fastest in the world when you may only be the fastest in an 1/8th of a mile, but it is a tv show so I guess that goes in with all the hype to get ratings,

But farmtruck is awesome, no joke, truck is a beast
Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2004yjgto
All I have to say on the matter is this.
If THE DISCOVERY channel were to film every race on an open street these races would never be seen. TOO DIM
First episode Chief said they were racing at the airport, then last night they showed him going back to the same gentleman for permission to do it again. They have to have somewhat closed coarse due to all the camera crews and extra lights that were set up. We all know how crappy a dark road video is and this is my opinion.

Oh I hope SHAWN wins
I agree, I'd imagine some things have to give. I mean if they are going to have these dig races then doing it with a shakey cam and no lighting would be terrible. Look how bad some of the video's are that pop up in SRK. The test hits might be legit, but the actual races where they have to setup video equipment and lights it makes sense that they would get that permitted. Unfortunately, I think some people look far too deep into this stuff and get themselves butthurt.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm assuming it was for hype but in case i missed it wasnt that 300c? and honda keeping up with farmtruck in both of those races?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The 300c was eh, but the Honda was right next to him damn near the whole time
Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Its TV guys and its better than alot of shows out there for sure. I will watch it because those are some Fast Bad cars and its pretty entertaining.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
The 300c was eh, but the Honda was right next to him damn near the whole time
He was peddling him. I'd do the same thing if I went fishing as they call it. This way friends tell friends with faster cars that they barely got beat by a hooptie and therefore leave a little hope for the next sucker to line up.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got done watchin last night's show, docs car moves the f out, him and Shawn should be a good race when it happens

Quick Reply: Street Outlaws #1 race NEXT WEEK!!! Murder Nova vs. Street Beast