Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.1 Stroker 2v Mustang, N20 Regal GS, 1JZ Supra, G8 GT, Fox, LS3 Vette, 3v GT, WRX

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Lies you don't dd on your bigs n littles
I do from time to time. I have 3 sets of wheels and tires.
Originally Posted by Heater
If Hio hasn't changed his combination before I change out my clutch, he'll be the first car I run with the new RXT.

No hate, just think it would be a good run and he would have no excuses.
I think it would be a good run too.
Originally Posted by automach1
How is a 9 sec capable motor on stock cubes a joke
Your a joke. You have know idea what they did to get there. Hence why YOUR boosted 5.4 can't get out of the 12's.
Originally Posted by willizm
Let me get this right, you downplay your swapped motor, face plated trans, rear end swapped, high weight reduction car with safety features removed as a simple bolt on ls6 yet at the same time bitch that he has a turbo, motor, twosteped and slicked car?
I downplayed it because he downplayed his 2step slicked up car. To me there is a big difference between a car running in street trim vs one that isn't.

Besides.....apparently you and many others have a problem with my fp'd trans and stock engine........vs full built turbo stuff. I really don't know why.

Still on the 10bolt too. Apparently your misinformed. The only safety feature gone is the airbags. My wife is less than 90lbs.....******* things could kill her and we both wear our seatbelts. Not a big deal
Originally Posted by snake95
@ this guy thinking he uses the 2 step at every stop sign.
Yea man....every stopsign. So tell me, how do think his car would perform w/o it since you don't think its a big deal for him?
Originally Posted by adamantium
Like ive said ive seen a bolt on ITR swapped CRX with full interior walk one of those *****. They are slow.

Hio is still on the 10 bolt and its still full interior from what i remember.
Yes it is.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, your buddy fucked up his build and grenaded the motor so you took it off his hands so you can slob on each other's **** about your f-bodies and how you showed him "the light", right?
Don't be mad my ford is faster than yours.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Don't be mad my ford is faster than yours.
So you're not denying what I said? Okay, I'm glad we're in agreement
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL that G8 did some work! Also that Supra was good too.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good runs... FYI... my buddies 2v was a very simple... offroad x pipe, catback, s trim on 12lbs... trapped 118 pretty consistantly.

2Vs are just as easy to make fast as any other car... just requires money. What most people dont realize is a 2V cylinder head flows 145cfm... while a TFS cnc casting flows literally double that... for the same 2v motor. A heads/cam/intake 2v done right.. will not have a problem making 380whp-400whp... lets go boys... think outside the box!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've owned both. I loved my supercharged fox. I love my n20 camaro. They both suck at things.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

So you're not denying what I said? Okay, I'm glad we're in agreement
I just ignored the dumbshit part. Make **** up if you want.....don't change the fact my Mustang or Camaro would smoke you.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, both of your motor-swapped cars are faster than my car. I didn't make anything up, what I said is accurate and you know it. How come he doesn't post anymore?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, both of your motor-swapped cars are faster than my car. I didn't make anything up, what I said is accurate and you know it. How come he doesn't post anymore?
Got tired of hearing guys spew dumb **** like you.

Don't worry. I can make a oe ls1 faster than you too. Hell a stock one may be faster.

I don't know what you guys problem is with changing out stock engines.......but you clearly have issues. I personally would rather have a stock engine than a built one. Not all swaps are created equal. Some are just simple replacements.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
Good runs... FYI... my buddies 2v was a very simple... offroad x pipe, catback, s trim on 12lbs... trapped 118 pretty consistantly.

2Vs are just as easy to make fast as any other car... just requires money. What most people dont realize is a 2V cylinder head flows 145cfm... while a TFS cnc casting flows literally double that... for the same 2v motor. A heads/cam/intake 2v done right.. will not have a problem making 380whp-400whp... lets go boys... think outside the box!
exactly! theres plenty of NA 2v's right around 380whp and plenty of boosted 2v's in the 6 and 700's

and also my build is finally done, picking it up on friday, so find some slow cars for me to run with! haha
Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Got tired of hearing guys spew dumb **** like you.

Don't worry. I can make a oe ls1 faster than you too. Hell a stock one may be faster.

I don't know what you guys problem is with changing out stock engines.......but you clearly have issues. I personally would rather have a stock engine than a built one. Not all swaps are created equal. Some are just simple replacements.
Every swap is a replacement (Jet engine for an I4 is a replacement because it REPLACED the engine that was in the car), but not every replacement is a swap (I blow my stock 2.0L I4 and replace it with an OEM 2.0 I4 with same stock components, I wouldn't consider it a swap because I didn't trade this part for that part and gain performance while doing so).

Ponder that for a while.

Yeah, you REPLACED your LS1 with an LS6. If you ever put something else under the hood that isn't the EXACT engine that came in it when you bought it, it's a replacement.
For simplicity, let's call an LS1 engine X and an LS6 engine Y.
LS1 = X
LS6 = Y
YOU swapped X engine for Y. If you swap engine X back into the car after the first engine X was fucked, then you didn't "swap" any major components, just put the SAME engine back into the car because the first one was old, fubar, got shifted from 5th to 1st at 6k rpms, etc. Engine Y (LS6) has different heads, cam, block (I think?), thus making it a different engine than X. You gained performance by using Y that you wouldn't have had with X.

Engine Y > Engine X. You took out X and put in Y.

I am using a motor from a 95 (302 SBF) in my 86 coupe. Now, even though 86's came stock with a 302 SBF, I still say I "swapped" the 95 motor in. See how it works? Downplaying your **** the way you do just makes you look shady.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Every swap is a replacement (Jet engine for an I4 is a replacement because it REPLACED the engine that was in the car), but not every replacement is a swap (I blow my stock 2.0L I4 and replace it with an OEM 2.0 I4 with same stock components, I wouldn't consider it a swap because I didn't trade this part for that part and gain performance while doing so).

Ponder that for a while.

Yeah, you REPLACED your LS1 with an LS6. If you ever put something else under the hood that isn't the EXACT engine that came in it when you bought it, it's a replacement.
For simplicity, let's call an LS1 engine X and an LS6 engine Y.
LS1 = X
LS6 = Y
YOU swapped X engine for Y. If you swap engine X back into the car after the first engine X was fucked, then you didn't "swap" any major components, just put the SAME engine back into the car because the first one was old, fubar, got shifted from 5th to 1st at 6k rpms, etc. Engine Y (LS6) has different heads, cam, block (I think?), thus making it a different engine than X. You gained performance by using Y that you wouldn't have had with X.

Engine Y > Engine X. You took out X and put in Y.

I am using a motor from a 95 (302 SBF) in my 86 coupe. Now, even though 86's came stock with a 302 SBF, I still say I "swapped" the 95 motor in. See how it works? Downplaying your **** the way you do just makes you look shady.
I understand your point, it is a swap/replacement, whatever you say.

But a LS6 is the same damn thing as a LS1 with a baby *** cam and slightly better heads. Stock for stock puts down an extra 40ish whp.

Say what you want, but in the end Hios car is damn impressive for what it is. A bolt on LS6 F-bod.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Block has some slight differences but nothing to really write home to momma about
Old 06-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke

But a LS6 is the same damn thing as a LS1 with a baby *** cam and slightly better heads. Stock for stock puts down an extra 40ish whp.

Say what you want, but in the end Hios car is damn impressive for what it is. A bolt on LS6 F-bod.
I agree completely! He speaks as if he has stock LS1 parts, though, which he doesn't. He can say "Oh they're barely better" but the point is they ARE better to some degree. If they weren't, I doubt GM wouldn't have given enough of a **** to create an LS6 in the first place. See what I mean?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Block has some slight differences but nothing to really write home to momma about
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I skimmed over that somewhere in a write-up.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do remember there being some slight differences with it but they were so minor that well, its why I can't remember what they were lol

I agree completely! He speaks as if he has stock LS1 parts, though, which he doesn't. He can say "Oh they're barely better" but the point is they ARE better to some degree. If they weren't, I doubt GM wouldn't have given enough of a **** to create an LS6 in the first place. See what I mean?
LS6 is to a LS1 like the LT4 was to the LT1. More power yes, but not much. Is it worth getting one? Not really when you can just throw a bigger cam/heads into a LT1/LS1 and have more power than the LT4/LS6.

He can't say he has a LS1, but in a sense. I see where he is coming from too. Hell, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think manufacturers even sell a milder aftermarket H/C setup when it comes to the LS6 H/C specs for a LS1 because the gains are so minimal, that should tell you something.

LS1/LS6 are almost the spittin image of each other. Its not like we are talking LS2/LS3/LS7 here.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by barnz01gt
exactly! theres plenty of NA 2v's right around 380whp and plenty of boosted 2v's in the 6 and 700's

and also my build is finally done, picking it up on friday, so find some slow cars for me to run with! haha
lol no prob... whats it make for power ?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke

So would you have the same argument if someone swapped out a regular new 5.0 with a new Boss engine?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

So would you have the same argument if someone swapped out a regular new 5.0 with a new Boss engine?
awwww shiat
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, I would say that is a great comparison to what I am trying to get across. Spot on.

Quick Reply: 5.1 Stroker 2v Mustang, N20 Regal GS, 1JZ Supra, G8 GT, Fox, LS3 Vette, 3v GT, WRX