Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

pdv25 GTR and EVO vs shelby

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
But you have to ask yourself... WHY does it go low to mid 140s...

Im willing to bet it has a lot to do with the same reason its able to hook on the street with a 19 inch drag radial
Not sure but it isn't the first time a GT500 has underperformed/disappointed. Remember this video?

That evo would pummel that gt500 from a lower roll. 55 roll is an awkward roll and high as hell for an evo. I forgot what MPH the EVO tops out 4th but its something like 15xmph or something. He basically put several cars on it within 100mph race range. GT500 was not catching it.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every car has to start somewhere... that car would put a beating on this red one in this video. Look past mph too. That GT500 would have leaped out on the GTR in this thread and ran away. Actually USING its mph... not just top ending it. Watch more recent footage of that car... not just its first few track passes. Just like Hio, Kdanner, and everyone else... cars have to be dialed in. They dont just work fresh out of the shop.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Banned

Every car has to start somewhere... that car would put a beating on this red one in this video. Look past mph too. That GT500 would have leaped out on the GTR in this thread and ran away. Actually USING its mph... not just top ending it.
How are you so sure? lol that was so random and off the wall. Based off of? Both cars trap similar MPH. The white one also makes more power...

Personally i wasn't surprised with the outcome of this video. I saw a video of the red gt500 on a youtube video on "305stangs" youtube channel and the guys were completely circle jerking over this car and the owner was stroking his ego through out the whole vide and i was loling the whole time because the car looked slow as **** for 1000whp. I guess i was right.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im sure because the white one runs bottom 9s lol. 2 cars that trap the same does not mean they are a side by side race on the roll.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Im sure because the white one runs bottom 9s lol. 2 cars that trap the same does not mean they are a side by side race on the roll.
You don't know what the red one ET's... I just know what it traps because it was posted on my local forum, the GTR owner shared it.

From a roll ET's are irrelevant.

GTR traped 137, look at the outcome.

GT500 traped low 140s, look at the outcome.

EVO traped 151, look at the outcome.

Everyone keeps saying trap speeds don't mean **** but look here. Like ive been saying forever. When traction is equal and there are no variables trap speed is king.

That being said, the red one and white one trap a similar MPH. What makes you think the white one would beat the red one?

Last edited by adamantium; 07-04-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

ET Def means something on the roll lol. It all matters...

How fast a car can get to 60mph... how fast from 60-100... etc etc.. Its all relavent no matter where a race starts.

For example... comparing an NA car to a turbo car... All trap speed is, is a measurement of how fast you are going at a certain point. It could be 10 cars back from a car that traps the same as it...

What about bikes compared to cars? Racing on the roll, it takes a hell of a lot more trap speed then the bike to keep up with the bike. Beans trapped a best of 133... yet takes it to cars that trap 140+. This is an argument that will go back and forth and isnt worth having. All points of acceleration matter in a race. Hell i know of a few cars that only trap low 120s locally... but they pull like they trap 130+mph. They just run out of steam earlier. The only way to match up cars... is by reading the entire time slip. Not just one number at the bottom.

One final example... and yes its from experience.

COmparing my time slip to another GTO of very similar setup.

I cut a 1.71 60 ft and went 11.47 at 120.02. His time slip read 1.62 60 ft and went 11.53 at 123.XXmph. So how is it possible that his car is MPHing me AND 60 fting me.... yet has a slower ET? Because at some point between 60ft... and 120mph... Im out accelerating him...thus pulling away. Both were stalled autos and both were clean runs. See my point?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

ET Def means something on the roll lol. It all matters...

How fast a car can get to 60mph... how fast from 60-100... etc etc.. Its all relavent no matter where a race starts.

For example... comparing an NA car to a turbo car... All trap speed is, is a measurement of how fast you are going at a certain point. It could be 10 cars back from a car that traps the same as it...

What about bikes compared to cars? Racing on the roll, it takes a hell of a lot more trap speed then the bike to keep up with the bike. Beans trapped a best of 133... yet takes it to cars that trap 140+. This is an argument that will go back and forth and isnt worth having. All points of acceleration matter
in a race. Hell i know of a few cars that only trap low 120s locally... but they pull like they trap 130+mph. They just run out of steam earlier. The only way to match up cars... is by reading the entire time slip. Not just one number at the bottom.
Okay but given two cars have a similar trap speed whos to say they cannot ET similar or within a couple tenths of eachother? Given they both be dialed in, and as you were arguing earlier with 2StepsAhead its a prepped surface, the way your car ET's or is setup for the strip is not necessarily going to work on the street. That being said the one thing that is constant and doesn't fluctuate as much is trap speed. In this particular race it told a good chunk of the story and shined some light on the outcome and who would be fastest.

The examples you've given of 120 mph cars beating 130+mph cars is a good example of using a shitty pass to compare MPH to MPH. Its irrelevant. If that happened all the time then why didn't the GTR put a whopping on the GT500? The GT500 came around it fairly easy.

I didn't say to ONLY care for MPH trap, i said "Everyone keeps saying trap speeds don't mean **** but look here". It tells a good deal of the story thats for sure.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

With a 4.0 whipple it is possible yes. But not easy. Being a bigger blower and being able to make more power without having to spin the rotors as fast, you can run more pulley... more pulley equals more belt wrap. Of course you can still always get belt slip. But to me, this car is in no way setup to be efficient... just make the number on the dyno. Almost like a kit car.
Thanks - makes sense and was my line of thinking. Still hard to believe 1000rwhp on a non-cog setup.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I've got a bit of a Ford FI NEWB question here...

Can you get 1000rwhp (equates to at least 1200hp flywheel, probably more as parasitic losses get larger into higher hp setups) without a cog belt on a 4.0L Whipple?

Either way, Dyno queen tune by the look of it. Its been done several times with the 4.0l whipple. Even on some 5.0's with built engines now.

Lastly, LOL @ Evo is 1/2 the weight. Right, so Evo's weigh 2100 lbs now? Such a ricer comment. Yes it's lighter. No, it's not even close to 1/2 the weight!!

Sorry to derail the back and forth here...
The car is running around 20+ lbs boost on E85. Custom cams, ported heads etc.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM
9 Second Club

I was kinda expecting more out of that gt500. Any idea's on what that evo is making power wise?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
How are you so sure? lol that was so random and off the wall. Based off of? Both cars trap similar MPH. The white one also makes more power...

Personally i wasn't surprised with the outcome of this video. I saw a video of the red gt500 on a youtube video on "305stangs" youtube channel and the guys were completely circle jerking over this car and the owner was stroking his ego through out the whole vide and i was loling the whole time because the car looked slow as **** for 1000whp. I guess i was right.

]

Actually The owner of the GT500, and 305stangs(different peeps) but,..both super cool dudes. Honestly, there isn't too many more layed back people driving mustangs. Regardless of how he/they sound on the video, all it is, is two friends talking about a car, they've been waiting to drive for over a year. The owner has an epidural just about every other day from previous work related injuries. I am honestly shocked he hasn't gone auto yet as a result... props to him for keeping it a six speed, and TRYING to get it done. I may get him to let me take it for a few passes,...and see if I could have a better turn out then what he did. As I am about 150lbs lighter then he is(6,8" 330-350lbs) and no broken back.

He's honestly a good dude to know(extremely humble)...met him through working on his wife's CTS-V.

Just saying,...

Quick Reply: pdv25 GTR and EVO vs shelby