Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2014 5.3 sierra vs 6.2 sierra vs 2014 f 150

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT'LLrun, do your eyes still water when you deep throat Ford's dick??

you certainly seem the most butt hurt since youve spent a books worth of replies to back up the fact that Ford sells more trucks, but claimed that meant they were better but now just claim to be stating facts. most of which nobody read.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by sick_tight
IT'LLrun, do your eyes still water when you deep throat Ford's dick??

you certainly seem the most butt hurt since youve spent a books worth of replies to back up the fact that Ford sells more trucks, but claimed that meant they were better but now just claim to be stating facts. most of which nobody read.
it's amazing that he still hasn't figured out that Gm almost always sells more trucks per year than ford.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Perfect...

How about you just tell more stories for us... like how your company's 4 trucks needed 65k worth of repairs while under warranty, or why you hate your F-150 when you CLAIM to drive a DENALI...

It's YOUR story... tell it how ya wanna!
I've no need to make up stories for you. All our company trucks are under warranty, and the $65k in repairs (closer to 61 now that I look back) were in fact covered, but it was like fighting with a five year old to get them to do the work. I brought it up for the point that they are not at all the most reliable pickup, and if your theory on factory warranties is correct, Ford failed miserably with the 6.0's. My current company truck is a 2011 f150, and I hate it... I hate everything about it other than the motor. When I drove my Denali for the first time it was like moving to a ******* bently compared to all the fords I've been driving over the years.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Perfect...

How about you just tell more stories for us... like how your company's 4 trucks needed 65k worth of repairs while under warranty, or why you hate your F-150 when you CLAIM to drive a DENALI...

It's YOUR story... tell it how ya wanna!

Since you're widely considered the biggest long term IDIOT on this website, how about just 1 time shutting off that typing finger. You've done enough damage to GM's reputation already.

(change subject, sorta)

CHILDREN... Take a moment to think things through. You few people have decided to attack me based on the fact you all like GM products. None of you have proven anything, except that here, GM is to be exalted above all else in the material world. You won't change the facts arguing with me or anyone else and you need (desperately, I might add) to know that, lest you continue going off the deep end simply because someone either disagreed with you, or like I did, posted FACTS you don't specifically like.

The reality is, while Ford may or may not make the best truck in any particular mind, they DO make the ones which sell the most, by a MASSIVE margin, considering all 1/2ton to 1 1/2 ton versions sold. You don't have to like that reality. You DO, however, have to live or die with it, no matter the tantrum you have in the meantime.

In the REAL working world, Ford is KING in the pickup market and has been for more years than most of you complaining here have been breathing. Don't like it? GO BUY A GM(pickup) FOR YOU AND 5 OTHER PEOPLE! If everyone (who feels like some of you here) does that, GM will reign supreme in the world of truck sales!

Before complaining to me again, take into consideration, I didn't MAKE the facts... I merely presented them to the class, so to speak. While most of you are convinced I'm a Ford freak(telling the unfavored truth earns that rep around here), I simply research and supply the information found. I have nothing against full size GM pickups. I've owned 2 of 'em myself.
lol.....yea dude.....but I don't type dumb **** like this that don't make any sense. So tell us.....when are you goin to resort to horrific name calling and making up **** about peoples sexual orientation. At least that's kinda funny. This **** is just stupid.

Does your argument hold true for the camaro vs mustang sales battle? Since the camaro sales more there then everyone must be wrong for buying the mustang or challenger?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes they were! The 3v probably saved the F-series, considering its predecessor. W/O that change, I'm convinced Ford would've sunk in the pickup department. The 5.4L went from 260hp to over 300.. torque didn't change much. The 4.6 went from nearly incapable to able.
The 3V didn't help at all!!!

Nearly every owner I've run into (I'm a Ford Senior Tech) has sworn off Ford trucks after going broke on spark plugs (heh, going broke), VCT solenoids, cam phasers, timing chain tensioners, ignition coils, and exhaust manifold repairs. We're talking several thousands in repairs out of warranty before 100K miles. They sit along with all the 6.0 and 6.4 diesel guys...and when I say sit along, I mean in the repair shop lounge. They're on a first name basis with everyone. It's a monthly ritual, a club of sorts.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28

Nearly every owner I've run into (I'm a Ford Senior Tech) has sworn off Ford trucks after going broke on spark plugs (heh, going broke), VCT solenoids, cam phasers, timing chain tensioners, ignition coils, and exhaust manifold repairs. We're talking several thousands in repairs out of warranty before 100K miles. They sit along with all the 6.0 and 6.4 diesel guys...and when I say sit along, I mean in the repair shop lounge. They're on a first name basis with everyone. It's a monthly ritual, a club of sorts.
3v fords sell cheap here because they're very expensive to maintain.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Really? Okay...

Again, REALLY? Okay... So explain to yourself how it is Ford has sold so many more since they were introduced? I mean, maybe it's me but ... it seems Ford sold millions of them over the years. That being true, apparently they're finding an entirely new customer base, if what you say is actually the case in general. Of course, we both know it isn't the general case.

The spark plugs are OFTEN a topic of delight around here, with idiot after idiot talking about how they ALWAYS break off in the head... Since you're a senior Ford tech, surely YOU could enlighten them as to why it happens, when it happens AND how to avoid it??? DO YOU???

It's a time consuming, but simple process to properly remove those plugs and since I drove a 1999 F-250 with the 5.4L, I've changed them myself... Every 100,000 miles, which meant 1 time for me, because a tree limb crashed onto it at 171,xxx miles. After an initial problem with lash in the rear(they replaced the entire unit), that truck simply never visited the dealership for any work and NO part of the engine OR its electrical OR emissions systems ever failed, EXCEPT the multi-hose conglomeration known as "vacuum" hose, which wore through around 135,000 miles. It wasn't a 3v, of course, but I like the 3v plenty more.

You would also know that the problem was in fact, the PLUG, not the head! Plus, you would know the cylinder head issue largely effected only 1 cylinder, not all 8.

Do you ever bother to educate your fellow GM nut hugging friends here? I can't tell...

As for me, I've spent over 25 years in the auto industry, nearly all of it directly in the PARTS department. With that, I have a solid handle on what's what overall. None is truly that much worse than the next, with a few exceptions such as the Dodge 2.7L V6, perhaps the worst automobile engine ever mass produced.

Since you're here though, can you provide me a part number for a VCT Solenoid for any old 3V 5.4L F-150 and, while you're at it, the cam "phasers"... I don't seem to have customers actually asking for them, but if it ever happens, I'd like to have an answer... After all, I missed it so much I came out of semi-retirement to sell more parts!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by big hammer
3v fords sell cheap here because they're very expensive to maintain.
Uh huh... Like the massively expensive coils, at around $60 apiece, compared to the 5.3L going for around $75 each... The whole argument about expensive maintenance is a joke. NEITHER is cheap to maintain, but that's life.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Uh huh... Like the massively expensive coils, at around $60 apiece, compared to the 5.3L going for around $75 each... The whole argument about expensive maintenance is a joke. NEITHER is cheap to maintain, but that's life.
So your how old and you have nothing better to do then come in here and argue every post like a 12 year old child? Auto industry must be slow. Do yourself a favor, join svtperformance or some ford forum and jerk off everyone there with your awesome technical information and huge fact sheets that nobody here cares about. You would be doing us all a favor, or you could stay here and shut your mouth about everything you know. Maybe you'll learn to play nice? Btw, what do you drive that's like a rockem sockem race car?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Damn lol you are giving it to him a little rough
Old 08-11-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Damn lol you are giving it to him a little rough
My bad?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
So your how old and you have nothing better to do then come in here and argue every post like a 12 year old child? Auto industry must be slow. Do yourself a favor, join svtperformance or some ford forum and jerk off everyone there with your awesome technical information and huge fact sheets that nobody here cares about. You would be doing us all a favor, or you could stay here and shut your mouth about everything you know. Maybe you'll learn to play nice? Btw, what do you drive that's like a rockem sockem race car?
You sound pretty angry, Ford got your panties in a bunch? Let it out little one...
Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Keep going lol the guy needs it
Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

The spark plugs are OFTEN a topic of delight around here, with idiot after idiot talking about how they ALWAYS break off in the head... Since you're a senior Ford tech, surely YOU could enlighten them as to why it happens, when it happens AND how to avoid it??? DO YOU???

It's a time consuming, but simple process to properly remove those plugs and since I drove a 1999 F-250 with the 5.4L, I've changed them myself... Every 100,000 miles, which meant 1 time for me, because a tree limb crashed onto it at 171,xxx miles. After an initial problem with lash in the rear(they replaced the entire unit), that truck simply never visited the dealership for any work and NO part of the engine OR its electrical OR emissions systems ever failed, EXCEPT the multi-hose conglomeration known as "vacuum" hose, which wore through around 135,000 miles. It wasn't a 3v, of course, but I like the 3v plenty more.

You would also know that the problem was in fact, the PLUG, not the head! Plus, you would know the cylinder head issue largely effected only 1 cylinder, not all 8.
WTF?

Only 1 cylinder?

The problem is the entire ******* design, not just the plugs. There IS NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON to use those extended plugs. NONE. Nobody else uses them, and Ford has since ABANDONED them. One piece, two piece, no matter. The DESIGN is the failure. Can you explain why they wear so quickly? They don't make it Ford's 100K interval, that's for damn sure. I've pulled out hundreds with less than 50K miles than were worn .030" or more over gap spec.

Finally, there is no foolproof method of removing those plugs without breaking them. Engine hot, engine cold, loosen and soak, loosen and tighten, impact gun... I've used every combination possible. If they're going to break, they're going to break. I've been dealing with these POS long before the Lisle tool was introduced (I was a beta tester, wanna see my 2 different broken prototypes?). I used the Rotunda gluesticks I've pulled more heads due to those **** plugs than you have IQ points. AND they were done on the customer's dime, not Ford's. It's a weekly thing at my shop. Late model F150/Expedition rolls in, knocking like a diesel, can't go anywhere near WOT without backfiring and flashing a CEL.

Last edited by Marc 85Z28; 08-11-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
So your how old and you have nothing better to do then come in here and argue every post like a 12 year old child?
Plenty old enough to be your DADDY! It isn't about arguing, DUNCE! It's about TEACHING STUPID ******* CHILDREN LIKE YOU!

Auto industry must be slow. Do yourself a favor, join svtperformance or some ford forum and jerk off everyone there with your awesome technical information and huge fact sheets that nobody here cares about.
The mere idea that some **** for brain kid REMINDS me that "nobody here cares" is reason enough to teach! You dumb sons a'bitches just don't WANT to know the truth because that may required your pee-brained head to be removed from your ***!

You would be doing us all a favor, or you could stay here and shut your mouth about everything you know.
You would be doing us all a favor to go ahead and pull that trigger, but I won't waste my time explaining...

Maybe you'll learn to play nice?
Maybe you just caught a glimpse of me NOT playing nice, as opposed to normal... Think that one though as well, ***-bag.

Btw, what do you drive that's like a rockem sockem race car?
SEE MY SIG, MO-RON!

For you and the few other dipshits who insist on being made a fool of publicly, I can and at times will stoop all the way down to your level, but I'd rather not. That said, if you don't LIKE my comments FIND THE IGNORE option and click it! Or, simply don't read my posts. I don't care which, but when you make the mistake of being an idiot(you are incapable of helping that, I realize) AND calling me out, don't be upset when others notice what a damned fool you really are. If you just can't stand to not respond, plan to be, albeit hilariously, mentally demolished on the internet, where the entire world can see that you're not ONLY under-educated, but also perfectly willing to prove it to the world. Otherwise, do what MANY others here have done and learn to ZIP IT! Better still, get educated yourself and you'll have NO desire to attack me. One day, you'll look back and realize how correct that last statement is and, if you're intelligent at all, you'll do what I usually do with people like yourself... LAUGH OUT LOUD and make fun of it all! If, by chance, you think I just got that wrong, ask yourself how often you see any long-term members here, aside from the obvious idiot, go after me... Not too many, sports fan. THEY are smarter than you(and in many cases, me)!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

WTF?

Only 1 cylinder?

The problem is the entire ******* design, not just the plugs. There IS NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON to use those extended plugs. NONE. Nobody else uses them, and Ford has since ABANDONED them. One piece, two piece, no matter. The DESIGN is the failure. Can you explain why they wear so quickly? They don't make it Ford's 100K interval, that's for damn sure. I've pulled out hundreds with less than 50K miles than were worn .030" or more over gap spec.

Finally, there is no foolproof method of removing those plugs without breaking them. Engine hot, engine cold, loosen and soak, loosen and tighten, impact gun... I've used every combination possible. If they're going to break, they're going to break. I've been dealing with these POS long before the Lisle tool was introduced (I was a beta tester, wanna see my 2 different broken prototypes?). I used the Rotunda gluesticks I've pulled more heads due to those **** plugs than you have IQ points. AND they were done on the customer's dime, not Ford's. It's a weekly thing at my shop. Late model F150/Expedition rolls in, knocking like a diesel, can't go anywhere near WOT without backfiring and flashing a CEL.
There are several cylinders? No, that's just not the case in general. Talking about 200,000+ mile engines, anything can be a problem. I'm not talking about the plugs there, in case you're getting the 2 issues confused. People thought the plugs were the problem when 1 plug port had a problem(pre-3v).

As for the "extended plugs" nobody else uses and Ford abandoned.... FALSE information... They have a 1" reach, like a 3.6L GM plug(and many others), for example. It looks different, but it's much of the same design. Besides, Avanti also used them, so it's not true that nobody else did. Maybe Ford abandoned them because they abandoned the engine those plugs were used in... maybe...

You haven't got decent training if you don't already know how to ENTIRELY avoid the problem of having those plugs be the nightmare you clearly find them to be. All you need to do is an injection service 1st, then turn out the plugs 1/8th turn, then soak them for awhile(2hrs tops) and they come out like they should. Sheesh... SOME MECHANIC! Yet, I lack IQ points(of course, as a senior tech, you should have dealt with at least 200 by now, so whatever)... I've been figuring out this kind of crap since you started desiring that car in your S/N! I'm trying to be civil with you, but you're not being worthy of debate... Think you're just talking to some dumb *** parts guy.... TRY the method I just explained and then come back telling me how stupid I am. As we already know, I'm not new to engines and I wouldn't purposely give false information any more than you would.

There can be things, however, that someone with a decent amount of experience AND who listens to his elders just might be able to teach others. I learned plenty from some of the best mechanics in America and just as well, my family has had a very lengthy arm in the auto industry since the inception of top cylinder lubrication. Yeah, I could go on, and no, I've never bothered to be this in depth here before. The point is, while I may just **** off a good number of you, I'm truly not here for that and while I'm not interested in going into every detail, I've seen these things for a long time myself. Insults rarely actually bother me, but in some cases, I just have to wonder why so many without a clue really think it's "them" who doesn't know...
Old 08-12-2013, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Plenty old enough to be your DADDY! It isn't about arguing, DUNCE! It's about TEACHING STUPID ******* CHILDREN LIKE YOU!

The mere idea that some **** for brain kid REMINDS me that "nobody here cares" is reason enough to teach! You dumb sons a'bitches just don't WANT to know the truth because that may required your pee-brained head to be removed from your ***!

You would be doing us all a favor to go ahead and pull that trigger, but I won't waste my time explaining...

Maybe you just caught a glimpse of me NOT playing nice, as opposed to normal... Think that one though as well, ***-bag.

SEE MY SIG, MO-RON!

For you and the few other dipshits who insist on being made a fool of publicly, I can and at times will stoop all the way down to your level, but I'd rather not. That said, if you don't LIKE my comments FIND THE IGNORE option and click it! Or, simply don't read my posts. I don't care which, but when you make the mistake of being an idiot(you are incapable of helping that, I realize) AND calling me out, don't be upset when others notice what a damned fool you really are. If you just can't stand to not respond, plan to be, albeit hilariously, mentally demolished on the internet, where the entire world can see that you're not ONLY under-educated, but also perfectly willing to prove it to the world. Otherwise, do what MANY others here have done and learn to ZIP IT! Better still, get educated yourself and you'll have NO desire to attack me. One day, you'll look back and realize how correct that last statement is and, if you're intelligent at all, you'll do what I usually do with people like yourself... LAUGH OUT LOUD and make fun of it all! If, by chance, you think I just got that wrong, ask yourself how often you see any long-term members here, aside from the obvious idiot, go after me... Not too many, sports fan. THEY are smarter than you(and in many cases, me)!
Ash old school mentality, been there done that kinda guy huh? We have them in the patch too. Been twisting wrenches and throwin chains since the 60's and boy they sure get pissed when you let them know their age doesn't mean **** anymore. Kinda like you. Funny thing is I didn't read anything you posted. Cuz it's all ****, nothing you say benefits this forum and community in general. Think about that. All your knowledge you spill helps absolutely nobody here. Pull the trigger? On what, a gun? I'm oil trash from North Dakota, we still believe in our rights and our state ain't bankrupt so you can bet your *** I've got a whole safe to choose from. Your old enough hell maybe you can use my ball and cap pistol. Please dissect everything I say again so somebody that cares has something to read. Oh btw sigs dont show on mobile devices, unlike you I'm out doing something with my free time rather than nursing a broke hip or some **** all couped up in my house hunched over my computer attempting to troll some young kid that really doesn't care.

Oh and naah fords don't have my panties in a bunch, I mean besides the 3 6.4 tt f550's I had for work that all went thru multiple engines before 50k miles. 2 transmissions and 2 front ends too I guess that's no bad. But don't get me started on the 6.0 that's a lawn ornament. Didn't even make the trip home from the dealership and the tranny went out due to loose flywheel bolts and the injectors went out cuz it's normal. And even after a egr delete and injectors and head bolts it a shame we can't drive it in fear that something else will break. All that and a denied extended warranty cuz it was used as a commercial tow truck, even they knew fords can't do work I guess.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like it'll run is regurgitating what he reads on motor trend again and looking like a ******* retard in the process as always.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

You haven't got decent training if you don't already know how to ENTIRELY avoid the problem of having those plugs be the nightmare you clearly find them to be. All you need to do is an injection service 1st, then turn out the plugs 1/8th turn, then soak them for awhile(2hrs tops) and they come out like they should. Sheesh... SOME MECHANIC! Yet, I lack IQ points(of course, as a senior tech, you should have dealt with at least 200 by now, so whatever)... I've been figuring out this kind of crap since you started desiring that car in your S/N! I'm trying to be civil with you, but you're not being worthy of debate... Think you're just talking to some dumb *** parts guy.... TRY the method I just explained and then come back telling me how stupid I am. As we already know, I'm not new to engines and I wouldn't purposely give false information any more than you would.
The method you describe (that doesn't always work) is listed in Ford's TSB. Go back and read my post. I clearly stated "loosen and soak". I've tried PB Blaster, various other chemicals, along with the recommended Kroil. Again, nothing is guaranteed. I don't know how an "injection service" is going to do anything... That cleans deposits in the fuel injector, and has nothing to do with the spark plugs. Perhaps you meant an INDUCTION service? I've done the Seafoam and GM top end cleaner. Again, they still break. I'm going to stop here as it's painfully clear you don't have any experience with this.

As far as the 2V blow out problem that you referred to as being only 1 cylinder. #4 was common due to the heater hose clamp and lack of torque from servicing because it's difficult to access. That doesn't change the fact that I've repaired and replaced cylinder heads for EVERY CYLINDER. I've done them on trucks with original spark plugs and no coolant or water in the wells.

As for the "extended plugs" nobody else uses and Ford abandoned.... FALSE information... They have a 1" reach, like a 3.6L GM plug(and many others), for example. It looks different, but it's much of the same design. Besides, Avanti also used them, so it's not true that nobody else did.
NOBODY else has ever used that design. Avanti? GM? GTFO!

Last edited by Marc 85Z28; 08-12-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hold on guys itll run will chime back in after he goes and googles his responses, hold on a sec.

Quick Reply: 2014 5.3 sierra vs 6.2 sierra vs 2014 f 150