Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2014 5.3 sierra vs 6.2 sierra vs 2014 f 150

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013 | 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamantium
Hold on guys itll run will chime back in after he goes and googles his responses, hold on a sec.
Either that he had to crank up his generator to fire up his computer. Ya know, since older is so much wiser and better!
Old 08-12-2013 | 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
Ash old school mentality, been there done that kinda guy huh? We have them in the patch too. Been twisting wrenches and throwin chains since the 60's and boy they sure get pissed when you let them know their age doesn't mean **** anymore.
That's all anyone with decent life experience needs to read and they'll know, you're really THAT pathetically stupid. It's not that they get pissed about their age, it's that they see a dummy and know they're seeing a dummy, who won't listen because he thinks he already knows. Nuff said... You're a dolt.
Old 08-12-2013 | 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Either that he had to crank up his generator to fire up his computer. Ya know, since older is so much wiser and better!
Just because I can AFFORD a generator and you can't, doesn't mean I need it for my computer.
Looks like it'll run is regurgitating what he reads on motor trend again and looking like a ******* retard in the process as always.
Considering what you've added to the forum(which nobody can tell) in comparison, it wouldn't matter what I was reading, or doing in general.
Old 08-12-2013 | 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
The method you describe (that doesn't always work) is listed in Ford's TSB. Go back and read my post. I clearly stated "loosen and soak". I've tried PB Blaster, various other chemicals, along with the recommended Kroil. Again, nothing is guaranteed.
Your description so far, isn't what I suggested. It's only part.

I don't know how an "injection service" is going to do anything...
Which is EXACTLY why you can't make the job work out properly!

That cleans deposits in the fuel injector, and has nothing to do with the spark plugs. Perhaps you meant an INDUCTION service? I've done the Seafoam and GM top end cleaner. Again, they still break. I'm going to stop here as it's painfully clear you don't have any experience with this.
You just keep trying to become a REAL mechanic then, and I'll keep what works to myself on the matter. All I can tell you for sure is, my way WORKS! Whatever yours does won't matter to me because I'm not waiting around for you to work on my stuff.

As far as the 2V blow out problem that you referred to as being only 1 cylinder. #4 was common due to the heater hose clamp and lack of torque from servicing because it's difficult to access. That doesn't change the fact that I've repaired and replaced cylinder heads for EVERY CYLINDER. I've done them on trucks with original spark plugs and no coolant or water in the wells.
Well, if you're removing the ENTIRE cylinder head, it only makes sense to have it rebuilt. Regardless, this isn't even close to the topic, and it's a well over 10yr old issue, so I'm done with it.

NOBODY else has ever used that design. Avanti? GM? GTFO!
Just because you didn't know about it... doesn't mean it isn't true. Look it up. I'm sure you can find it in seconds if you try.

Avanti used the EXACT spark plug while GM, Ford, etc. have all gone to a larger end to replace the narrow end, using the same basic length overall.
Old 08-12-2013 | 08:10 PM
Banned

Or he had to go into his database **** pile of old motor trend magazines and verify the BS he was spewing was correct.

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Considering what you've added to the forum(which nobody can tell) in comparison, it wouldn't matter what I was reading, or doing in general.
Considering that you have only regurgitated magazine facts and or sales percentages your opinion about me or what i contribute is invalid. You want to contribute go to the tech section and give us a walk through of your build or something, don't just post about dumb **** no one cares about.
Old 08-12-2013 | 08:16 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

lol anyone remember the fuelie 351's that got like 8mpg in a 1\2 ton?
Old 08-12-2013 | 08:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
lol anyone remember the fuelie 351's that got like 8mpg in a 1\2 ton?
lol anyone remember that random fella big hammer, the guy with that SUPER cool 6.2 that is so impressively fast? Oh...
Old 08-12-2013 | 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your description so far, isn't what I suggested. It's only part.
Please elaborate, omnipotent PARTS monkey. Have you read the TSB?

You just keep trying to become a REAL mechanic then, and I'll keep what works to myself on the matter. All I can tell you for sure is, my way WORKS! Whatever yours does won't matter to me because I'm not waiting around for you to work on my stuff.
How the **** would you know? You've never done it!

Well, if you're removing the ENTIRE cylinder head, it only makes sense to have it rebuilt. Regardless, this isn't even close to the topic, and it's a well over 10yr old issue, so I'm done with it.
Rebuild? What? This isn't a 10 year old issue. This is an issue NOW. Just because Ford stopped making them doesn't make them go away

Just because you didn't know about it... doesn't mean it isn't true. Look it up. I'm sure you can find it in seconds if you try.

Avanti used the EXACT spark plug while GM, Ford, etc. have all gone to a larger end to replace the narrow end, using the same basic length overall.
Show it to me. Show me an extended ground strap similar to the Ford design (NOT an Avanti built with a Ford 3V engine) that is utilized by any other company. I've never heard of one, and sure as hell can't find one.
Old 08-12-2013 | 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Or he had to go into his database **** pile of old motor trend magazines and verify the BS he was spewing was correct.

Considering that you have only regurgitated magazine facts and or sales percentages your opinion about me or what i contribute is invalid. You want to contribute go to the tech section and give us a walk through of your build or something, don't just post about dumb **** no one cares about.
As you've said above, correct... That's what matters to me and that's the difference between us. I care if it's correct and all you care about is making out like GM is always the best. You've hardly figured out the difference between a starter and an alternator, so your opinion really isn't in demand. I get PAID to offer mine!

By the way, it's your opinion that I regurgitated magazine facts until you've read them there yourself and since you complain that someone else did, maybe slow up that typing finger for a moment and think...

If no one cares about what I say here, why do so many idiots cry about it??? A grown man would use the ignore feature and move on with life, were he bothered... Not you, of course. The information I give here is OFTEN quite technical. You're not well enough educated to comprehend it, apparently. That, however, doesn't mean it isn't technical.

What you're NOT doing is the only thing you think you really want to and that is, proving me wrong. That's why you're angry. You don't want me to be correct and, for the life of you, there's been no spot for you to tear me up as you'd like to. Here's your hint of the day on that.... Remind yourself that you just can't get that job done with these tools. Someday, you'll figured that out.
Old 08-12-2013 | 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Please elaborate, omnipotent PARTS monkey. Have you read the TSB?
Kicked around the idea of responding, because I try to like you in general, but ... As if it matters, yeah, I have it saved on my computer at work, like about 10,000 others. SO??? That's nothing to elaborate on, by the way, wrench...

As for the rest, you've gotten your **** ant brain in a rush... Go grab another wrench. It'll calm your nerves, I'm sure. Now then... Go back and read what I've told you and think about it. Then, if they EVER give you another of those awfully difficult spark plug replacement jobs again, you do what I've described and YOU can look like a hero to all your co-workers! It works, PERIOD! The simple fact you haven't thought of it yourself does NOT mean it won't work. The guy who showed me is 74 and still turns wrenches. If he can do it, even you can do it!

You're sitting there like an idiot telling me I've never done exactly what I told you how to do AND claiming you've done it yourself, WHILE telling me it can't work! TRY IT! Don't just sit there talking about it, DO IT!

By the way, brain... Where's those part numbers??? You want me to show you a part that never existed(a spark plug doesn't actually have a ground strap- it's called a ground electrode), even in the world of Ford, but can't provide me 2 part numbers of things you claim constantly break on specific models. You're the MEKANIK.... Go on and pretend you're a parts guy! Get me those numbers, if you can. I won't hold my breath, by the way.

If you're talking about the SP509 plug, that's very much like the one most companies use for multi-cam engines these days. Anything that ends up in a hemi head design has to have a longer plug than standard. I suspect you might mean the SP515 instead and the two are actually interchangeable. Now then... "CAM PHASER" part number for any of these pre- 2011 5.4L 3V junkers... and don't forget the VCT solenoids!

You won't manage, so I'm out.
Old 08-12-2013 | 10:56 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Black Mare
lol anyone remember that random fella big hammer, the guy with that SUPER cool 6.2 that is so impressively fast? Oh...
I do I do!!
Old 08-12-2013 | 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just because I can AFFORD a generator and you can't, doesn't mean I need it for my computer.
As observant as you are I can't believe you missed the part of me being oilfield trash in North Dakota since I graduated high school. Ya know, that black gold boom? Are you angry cuz I make twice as much a very large percent of the us population by only working 6 months a year?
Old 08-13-2013 | 12:08 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

As observant as you are I can't believe you missed the part of me being oilfield trash in North Dakota since I graduated high school. Ya know, that black gold boom? Are you angry cuz I make twice as much a very large percent of the us population by only working 6 months a year?

holeh boy. I was just in minot.
Old 08-13-2013 | 05:08 AM
Banned

As you've said above, correct... That's what matters to me and that's the difference between us. I care if it's correct and all you care about is making out like GM is always the best. You've hardly figured out the difference between a starter and an alternator, so your opinion really isn't in demand. I get PAID to offer mine!

By the way, it's your opinion that I regurgitated magazine facts until you've read them there yourself and since you complain that someone else did, maybe slow up that typing finger for a moment and think...

If no one cares about what I say here, why do so many idiots cry about it??? A grown man would use the ignore feature and move on with life, were he bothered... Not you, of course. The information I give here is OFTEN quite technical. You're not well enough educated to comprehend it, apparently. That, however, doesn't mean it isn't technical.

What you're NOT doing is the only thing you think you really want to and that is, proving me wrong. That's why you're angry. You don't want me to be correct and, for the life of you, there's been no spot for you to tear me up as you'd like to. Here's your hint of the day on that.... Remind yourself that you just can't get that job done with these tools. Someday, you'll figured that out.
No ones crying about it, theyre just attempting to grasp what your intentions are by posting sales percentages and motor trend facts as a refute to real life scenarios and occurrences that others have shared. You're just another E-Mechanic mouthing off. None of the two things you brought to this thread have mattered. Excuse me, i didn't waste time reading all of your post.
Old 08-13-2013 | 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big hammer
holeh boy. I was just in minot.
Nice! I'm on the border north of Minot a hour but we go there for stuff often. I lived in Minot from 05-07 and it started gettin outta control so I moved.
Old 08-13-2013 | 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

you're sitting there like an idiot telling me I've never done exactly what I told you how to do AND claiming you've done it yourself, WHILE telling me it can't work! TRY IT! Don't just sit there talking about it, DO IT!
Like I said. You've NEVER done it.

By the way, brain... Where's those part numbers??? You want me to show you a part that never existed(a spark plug doesn't actually have a ground strap- it's called a ground electrode), even in the world of Ford, but can't provide me 2 part numbers of things you claim constantly break on specific models. You're the MEKANIK.... Go on and pretend you're a parts guy! Get me those numbers, if you can. I won't hold my breath, by the way.
Part numbers? You must be senile. I never mentioned anything about part numbers. You need part numbers for plugs? Read your TSBs (multiple #s). Part numbers for the VCT solenoids? Read your TSBs (12-7-10). Part numbers for the cam phasers? Again, read the TSBs you claim you have stored (06-19-8). I'll pull the part numbers, I'm used to it. It's the only way to get correct parts these days with parts monkeys like you. I know you're good with Google, it's where all your expertise comes from. Can't YOU look these numbers up? Oh wait, you're a parts monkey.

Again, you have NO PROOF of these plugs being used by any other company.

I'm doing one today in fact. 05 F150 "lacks power and backfires". Needs plugs and VCT phasers. I think I'll upload a pic, especially for you...
Old 08-13-2013 | 04:47 PM
Banned

**** me lol i took a pic yesterday while i was on lunch break of a f250 landscaping truck blown up in the parking lot with oil all over the floor thing was a gem, but i had to restart my phone.
Old 08-13-2013 | 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** me lol i took a pic yesterday while i was on lunch break of a f250 landscaping truck blown up in the parking lot with oil all over the floor thing was a gem, but i had to restart my phone.
No way, I don't believe you. It must have been pullin a D10 dozer cuz them ford trucks are the hardest working trucks, or so I've read.....
Old 08-13-2013 | 05:03 PM
Banned

No way, I don't believe you. It must have been pullin a D10 dozer cuz them ford trucks are the hardest working trucks, or so I've read.....
lmao it had an empty bed with some flower pots or some **** in the bed. I should've ******* sent it to my computer yesterday, i dun goofed.
Old 08-13-2013 | 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

As promised, today's blue oval gravy work along with a pile of Ford design failures that I've dealt with in the last 2-3 weeks.

Note to It'llrun: Read the part info on the box carefully. Know that this pile of **** is firsthand experience, and not your Google search "experience"

Quick Reply: 2014 5.3 sierra vs 6.2 sierra vs 2014 f 150