Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
You realize I ran that at Orlando speed world in July right......and then again in Darlington also in July.....
Oh! OK…

Let the record reflect that at the Orlando track, in July, the above driver has come to inform us that he would have been taken down by a car, wherein having considered the issue, he has concluded that the car that would have taken him down: SUCKS!

I'd like to thank the contributor for taking the time to provide that clarification… It really helped.

And with the new found info, I'd like to invite the contributor to come on down to Naples and stage up.

Tracks closed for a few weeks, but should be opening back up, I think last week in August, might be first week of September, but the schedule is posted up on the Immokalee regional website.

That way, we can gather more data to consider, such as the 1080P video of that fine example of American Muscle being walked by an older, less attractive example with bad paint.

I'd ask the board to brace themselves for the looming wailing and gnashing of teeth, wherein there will be NO WAY for the contributor to get that finely tuned machine 3 hours south, despite the smack talk, which in the adult world, otherwise obligates him to do so, where such is practical.

Meaning that most guys live a dozen hours away from another driver… so getting to a track is not really practical, as it would likely require major expenses, possibly time off work and there's nothing reasonable about that.

But here, we're talking taking the 4 to 27, turning left and holding that for 2 hours; taking another right at 29 and drive south for another half hour. 120 bucks in round trip fuel.

Now… just to sweeten the pot. I'll actually pop for the hotel… Nice little La Quinta Inn. A half hour south of the track here in Naples.

Ok… Here it comes… So BRACE YOURSELVES!~ (Oh the anticipation is palpable, what will he DO? Man up and Accept? or … well … NOT! ?)

GO!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
If the two of you were to run each other at the same time at the track, I'd say that he would roll you up. He said that was on his FIRST pass with that car.
Even if the cobra were to lose it already won, its a ******* stock car. That barely got inched out by a built stroked race car camaro with an auto, and race gas i think.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
If the two of you were to run each other at the same time at the track, I'd say that he would roll you up. He said that was on his FIRST pass with that car.
No doubt you would say that. But, the evidence is that he posted a full 1/10th slower time… over the same measured course. So, the math, at least that within the evidence advanced, says otherwise.

Now if you need to argue the math, then please take that up with nature. If ya get a favorable decision, let me know, but if that decision retains the objective trait of all of the other natural principles, then… I am saddened to report, he still loses, cause the same rules would apply to my car, and well, you see how it is.

Thanks for the contribution tho'… Good stuff, it really is.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come up to Orlando in September I'll be there we'll line up

How much money you want to lose?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Even if the cobra were to lose it already won, its a ******* stock car. That barely got inched out by a built stroked race car camaro with an auto, and race gas i think.
Oh, so you're using it's a stock car, curve?

When did that become relevant?

Meaning if I pop for a ZL1, add a few bolt ons, change the pulley, do I get to then claim that the person who gets to the trap first wins?

The Cobra also a new or much newer car… Where are my 16 year old car credits? Or are those not accepted in the ether of your subjective illusion?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Again I'll be in Orlando in September how much money do you want to lose.....

16 year old car credit LOL they came with AFR headed 396's 16 years ago?? LOL
Old 08-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OVA1
Oh, so you're using it's a stock car, curve?

When did that become relevant?

Meaning if I pop for a ZL1, add a few bolt ons, change the pulley, do I get to then claim that the person who gets to the trap first wins?

The Cobra also a new or much newer car… Where are my 16 year old car credits? Or are those not accepted in the ether of your subjective illusion?
No matter what car, you're never going to get props when it takes you a built stroker with race gas and a geared, stalled auto to run door to door with a 10 year old stock car. Get off that cloud. Not sure if you're aware but other guys with your same platform with less cubes and mods and pump have gone ALOT faster. Your doing nothing with more, the whole point of bragging rights is to do more with less.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Come up to Orlando in September I'll be there we'll line up

How much money you want to lose?

ROFLMNAO!

Oh I see… This because I came into your thread and commenced to rip your ride. Therefore, in so doing, I naturally obligated myself to come to your track and run your race.

LOL…

Do ya see how this works kids?

They talk immeasurable loads of BS, then when they slip up and let it out that they're WELL within the reasonable range to PUT UP… they can't find the sand to do so, despite BEING OFFERED LODGING BY THE INDIVIDUAL WHO OWNS THE CAR ON WHICH THEY WERE RIPPING!

I started to offer the buy the gas, dinner and the beer… but it wouldn't have mattered.

Such an individual is what such an individual does…
Old 08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
STF Veteran

'96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS-image.jpg
Old 08-04-2013, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
ROFLMNAO!

Oh I see… This because I came into your thread and commenced to rip your ride. Therefore, in so doing, I naturally obligated myself to come to your track and run your race.

LOL…

Do ya see how this works kids?

They talk immeasurable loads of BS, then when they slip up and let it out that they're WELL within the reasonable range to PUT UP… they can't find the sand to do so, despite BEING OFFERED LODGING BY THE INDIVIDUAL WHO OWNS THE CAR ON WHICH THEY WERE RIPPING!

I started to offer the buy the gas, dinner and the beer… but it wouldn't have mattered.

Such an individual is what such an individual does…
Wait, I didn't read your long *** post saying you would do all that the Naples area is nice!! So how much money on top of that will I be taking from you to race that car you made this a easy trip to make now.....

PS

Try to stop with the huge replys hence why I didn't read a single thing you said...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

No matter what car, you're never going to get props when it takes you a built stroker with race gas and a geared, stalled auto to run door to door with a 10 year old stock car. Get off that cloud. Not sure if you're aware but other guys with your same platform with less cubes and mods and pump have gone ALOT faster. Your doing nothing with more, the whole point of bragging rights is to do more with less.
Yeah… because I am all about the need for validation by others.

Clearly I am the one begging for it, given I opened a thread to report the experience wherein my car bested a brand new, well modified Ls3, despite a slush box for a tranny, then posted the HD video of my setup's first outing at the track, which has now caused 5 pages of angst from people I have never met, who clearly feel that the mere existence of those published experiences is a threat to their own little worlds.

All I've done is managed the discussion to keep the record clear through valid, objective reasoning.

So SHAME on me, right?

LOL! You guys are great. Ya really are. I haven't had this much fun since I stumbled into a GTO site a couple of years back.

SWEET MOTHER… THAT was a cat fight. 50 spoiled rotten kids, most of whom had clearly never turned a wrench, driven to hysteria by a 15 year old car that posts equal to superior straight line performance. Truly, no different than going to just about ANY ricer site. "VTEC MAN~ Now get outta here!"
Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys are hilarious, this is why I stay out of SRK and try to post where the average IQ is higher then room temperature.

FWIW, the 7.76 was on his old 350, not the current stroker. Current build is untuned, with way too small heads, and 60'ing terribly...he used to do low ~1.5s IIRC, but has not dialed in the new combo and is doing bolt-on 60' times of 1.7+. Anyone who races at the track more then they post on the internet knows how much 2 tenths in the 60' is worth at the end of the track. He has his 350 setup on the 396, so obviously it is not an optimal combo yet. Don't act like its some giant race cam either, its just an XFI292 shelf grind, tiny for a 396 and people run that on stock cube cars.

Even with the mismatched heads, once its tuned and dialed in it will not be something most people here would want to mess with at the track. I have no ties to his car and no reason to defend it, just stating the facts.

Again I'll be in Orlando in September how much money do you want to lose.....
Will the carb'd 6.0 be done, cuz I hope it won't be in that slow Formy...?

Time to calm down, and let the thread die before the mods come back with another round of bans. Unless you guys want to go hang out on random forums with the last round of trolls that got the boot.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Teching In

OVA1, FYI long post=Butt hurt...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
You guys are hilarious, this is why I stay out of SRK and try to post where the average IQ is higher then room temperature.

FWIW, the 7.76 was on his old 350, not the current stroker. Current build is untuned, with way too small heads, and 60'ing terribly...he used to do low ~1.5s IIRC, but has not dialed in the new combo and is doing bolt-on 60' times of 1.7+. Anyone who races at the track more then they post on the internet knows how much 2 tenths in the 60' is worth at the end of the track. He has his 350 setup on the 396, so obviously it is not an optimal combo yet. Don't act like its some giant race cam either, its just an XFI292 shelf grind, tiny for a 396 and people run that on stock cube cars.

Even with the mismatched heads, once its tuned and dialed in it will not be something most people here would want to mess with at the track. I have no ties to his car and no reason to defend it, just stating the facts.

Will the carb'd 6.0 be done, cuz I hope it won't be in that slow Formy...?

Time to calm down, and let the thread die before the mods come back with another round of bans. Unless you guys want to go hang out on random forums with the last round of trolls that got the boot.
He posted his times.....and the Formy is gone and I have something more than ready for that pile of his.... And where is your LT1? you were building that thing when I was in my first Firebird... So you're defending a car that runs REAL poor for whats done to it?

Last edited by Lawhead; 08-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Banned

So much idiotic babbling get to the ******* point guy.

You have a 396 stroker that barely out runs stock cars and you are butthurt when people on here emphasizes on that.

Stick to your shitty local track with shitty prep and shittycars. Itll be better for your self esteem.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Teching In

So much idiotic babbling get to the ******* point guy.

You have a 396 stroker that barely out runs stock cars and you are butthurt when people on here emphasizes on that.

Stick to your shitty local track with shitty prep and shittycars. Itll be better for your self esteem.

This is the first thread I've ever agreed with you on...
Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Wait, I didn't read your long *** post saying you would do all that the Naples area is nice!! So how much money on top of that will I be taking from you to race that car you made this a easy trip to make now…..
Ahh… good for you sir! Now all that remains is to follow through.

Now with regard to what I will be paying you; based upon the info ya reported, I'd say very little. But bring whatever ya feel comfortable wagerin'.

Not to worry tho', I won't leave ya hangin' and if ya go to the well once to often, I'll spot ya gas money to get ya back to the house. Anyone that will saddle up to back it up, is a good risk, IMHO.

If you break it tho'… you're on your own for the tow. Might want to pop for AAA 'just in case'. Go premium tho', for the $200 mile tow.

PS

Try to stop with the huge replys hence why I didn't read a single thing you said...

Look, I realize that this is the age of texting top of the mind minutia to pass along the never ending aimless quips. But in the adult world, we use clear and complete thoughts to communicate effectively.

And we do not lower our standards to help you young'nes feel better about yourselves.

Now then, with that said… I would love to have ya down. And as offered, I will pop for your room. It's a nice spot, you'll like it. Bring your 'most special friend'… make a weekend out of it.

I'll talk to the owners down at the track, we'll make a big deal out of it: "LS1TECH GRUDGE MATCH! LT -v- LS…"

Should be a blast.

Here's the link to the track site:

http://www.immraceway.com/schedule.html

Pick whatever day ya like. I generally prefer Friday TNT. More fun than the "Race and Waits" OKA: Brackets. Entry to race is $15.

Saturday's are Brackets, so entry fee is $35, at least it was four years ago. Not my preference, but if ya need to, it works for me.

There's Runday Sunday's as well. But there is ZERO prep for the track…

If memory serves, it was $10 to get in and a buck each for a time slip.

Just shoot me a PM, once ya decide and we'll post it up.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not impressed with the OP's track times what-so-ever, but I also understand his set-up is not completely dialed in yet. It's obvious the OP knows this as well. I agree them 5.13 gears need to be ditched and obviously the car needs tuning, etc. But some folks just can't refrain themselves from constantly being total unhelpful criticizing *********. Most of what these people do is bitch, complain and do nothing that's helpful in any way. It's the direct opposite of what a lot of real car guys do, and that's to give helpful advice and criticism. Not act like 16 year old "ricers" and only emphasize how much another's car sucks.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

So much idiotic babbling …
Ladies and Gents of the LS1Tech Forum; I present you: THE SWEET IRONY OF THE DAY!

Woo HOO! Superior Flaming right there and with such a HYSTERICAL twist.

…..

……………
Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

I won't be bringing an LS powered car......btw....

Are there any 1/4 mile tracks near you?

Quick Reply: '96Z 396 LTx Stroker beats back Cammed/Header 5th Gen SS