Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Boosted 281 isn't fair

SBF isn't fair

What is
Either is far....just not in the comparisons you guys always want.

You want to compare your aftermarket boosted cobra to bolt-on cars. We'll except for mine because you would more than likely look at tail lights. So then you whine about my mods.

You want to compare a sbf with no sbf parts in it. If you are a true furd fan you would do it w/o the aftermaket heads and ****.
Originally Posted by Heater
He said that he was on motor, you complained about Fords needing two power adders to be fast, so I took his challenge with a car I have that is on motor.

Now you are complaining
factory blower does need 2 power adders. Once you go past the factory blower then the competition should be blown to have a good comparison.
Here is a picture of my car, so everybody will see all the race car stickers and the REAL BIG tires. Those are DOT tires BTW.

I've posted it up many times before. The Cobra is what brings all the boys in the school yard though

Oh and Black Paint=Race Car
Turn it around so I can ask where the wipers are. No wipers = race car
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
Snake & butthurt....sounds about right
Here we are arguing with a guy that gets banned from his own sight.

Automach = Snake95
Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Here we are arguing with a guy that gets banned from his own sight.

Automach = Snake95
Yep! I own SVTP! I don't even own a Cobra anymore so you'd be wrong anyway. I'm on corral, though

Get a ******* clue!

Whiplash is still staring blankly at the screen trying to figure out what I meant by the "snake" and "SVT" site correlation.

He's gonna ask if they sell SVTs with snakes in the trunk...
Old 09-19-2013, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either is far....just not in the comparisons you guys always want.

You want to compare your aftermarket boosted cobra to bolt-on cars. We'll except for mine because you would more than likely look at tail lights. So then you whine about my mods.

You want to compare a sbf with no sbf parts in it. If you are a true furd fan you would do it w/o the aftermaket heads and ****.

factory blower does need 2 power adders. Once you go past the factory blower then the competition should be blown to have a good comparison.

Turn it around so I can ask where the wipers are. No wipers = race car
So comparing a SBF to an LS is fair ?

They do look strikingly similar so I can see why that would be.....? I'm honestly asking if you think it's fair to compare a 1970s design to something on the late 90s so

351 vs 350
305 vs 302

Are these "Fair" match ups you're looking for

And if we ran at the track I think you'd have a windshield full of Cobra bumper
Old 09-19-2013, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I thought putting the wipers on my car would make you be rational and stand behind what you said..I would stick the wipers on my car...but it won't, you will find some other excuse to avoid giving me any credit.

I'm sure that when I post my time slip and if it is faster than 408's (which it shouldn't since SBF's can't make power without a power adder), you will pick my car apart to avoid giving me or my car any credit.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

351 vs 350
305 vs 302
I needed a good laugh.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

A local guy tried to start up a local race; 302 versus 350's. When the Ford guys asked why they couldn't use a 351, all the GM guys said the 351 had an unfair advantage....IMAGINE THAT!

Series never took off because the GM guys said they wouldn't enter if the Fords were allowed to use a 351.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chevy 302 vs Ford 302.

Chevy wins <3

Chevy 305 is a heap. Anyone who tries to modify it or say otherwise is clearly retarded. the small bore chokes the motor. turd turd turd sandwich
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

Ford 4v > Chevy ls boom goes the dynamite.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

So comparing a SBF to an LS is fair ?

They do look strikingly similar so I can see why that would be.....? I'm honestly asking if you think it's fair to compare a 1970s design to something on the late 90s so

351 vs 350
305 vs 302

Are these "Fair" match ups you're looking for

And if we ran at the track I think you'd have a windshield full of Cobra bumper
LOl...why at the track???.....oh I know why. You used slicks. I did it in street trim.

I could say the same if I had a rear to leave on. ......actually you would agree then.

Seems like fair match ups except you want to use the heavey weight sbf in comparison to the middle weight sbc. This is where the problem starts. Your maxed at 351 sbf.......I'm not.
If I thought putting the wipers on my car would make you be rational and stand behind what you said..I would stick the wipers on my car...but it won't, you will find some other excuse to avoid giving me any credit.

I'm sure that when I post my time slip and if it is faster than 408's (which it shouldn't since SBF's can't make power without a power adder), you will pick my car apart to avoid giving me or my car any credit.
So you admit no wipers = race car. Now we're getting somewhere.

Dude is new to ls's and the 408. Of course we all know combo's can very widely. But you can rest assured if it were my 408 you would get thrashed.

Since you like to whine about about my weight lets do a even up race with 408-99-f. Make your fox weigh what his car does. You should be down for that.
A local guy tried to start up a local race; 302 versus 350's. When the Ford guys asked why they couldn't use a 351, all the GM guys said the 351 had an unfair advantage....IMAGINE THAT!

Series never took off because the GM guys said they wouldn't enter if the Fords were allowed to use a 351.
I've never seen a sbf be very impressive. They usually start to go pretty good when you get rid of everything sbf.......but you know this.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Chevy 302 vs Ford 302.

Chevy wins <3

Chevy 305 is a heap. Anyone who tries to modify it or say otherwise is clearly retarded. the small bore chokes the motor. turd turd turd s.andwich
If you're referring to the DZ302 that was in the '69 z28's, the Boss 302 made more power. I can post up the link when I'm back from lunch. Lmfao @ HiO wanting Heater to add weight because he doesn't want the 408 to lose. Any way to avoid giving a Mustang credit...but he owns one...

Last edited by snake95; 09-19-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

LOl...why at the track???.....oh I know why. You used slicks. I did it in street trim.

I could say the same if I had a rear to leave on. ......actually you would agree then.

Seems like fair match ups except you want to use the heavey weight sbf in comparison to the middle weight sbc. This is where the problem starts. Your maxed at 351 sbf.......I'm not.

Dude is new to ls's and the 408. Of course we all know combo's can very widely. But you can rest assured if it were my 408 you would get thrashed.

Since you like to whine about about my weight lets do a even up race with 408-99-f. Make your fox weigh what his car does. You should be down for that.

I've never seen a sbf be very impressive. They usually start to go pretty good when you get rid of everything sbf.......but you know this.
Lmfao now he's whining about weight

Heater get to use 15 degree heads??

Since the Cobra IRS has such a strong rep LOL was all done on a DOT tire but good guess on the slicks part...
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by snake95
If you're referring to the DZ302 that was in the '69 z28's, the Boss 302 made more power. I can post up the link when I'm back from lunch.
the chevy 302 was badass... high RPM machine. Wish I could see one for reals
Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, no doubt. Check out the cam duration compared to the Boss definitely liked to rev. A little before halfway down is the 302 comparison.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...#ixzz2f5oXLzXT
Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

At what rpm is Heater allowed to leave the line to make it fair? 1200? I know leaving hard on a race track with a tire and rear that can handle a launch is frowned upon here.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
At what rpm is Heater allowed to leave the line to make it fair? 1200? I know leaving hard on a race track with a tire and rear that can handle a launch is frowned upon here.
He must swap the 302 back in it

But a LS6 is a sheer "replacement" and not meant as an upgrade
Old 09-19-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by snake95
Oh, no doubt. Check out the cam duration compared to the Boss definitely liked to rev. A little before halfway down is the 302 comparison.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...#ixzz2f5oXLzXT
great article. I love how they are practically the same motor
Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ain't **** without holes.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Why is a SBF a heavy weight and a SBC a middle weight and how am I maxed at 351?

If me having no wipers is what you want to use as your excuse, LoL go ahead. I think my car looks cleaner without the wipers on it.

Maybe if we were racing for highest mph, but as you know I'm more about e.t than mph. Maybe you should quit 1/4 mile racing your car and start racing it on 1 mile courses. That way your 10 bolt won't be your excuse.

Sure, when you can take some pixie dust and reduce his engine size down to mine, or better yet take some of that pixie dust and make my engine the size of his.

I could say the same for a SBC, how much sense does that make? Yeah it goes back to what you see in person as being fact and not what really is fact.

Last edited by Heater; 09-19-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A neighbor of ours when I was growing up had one. 69' Z28 Orange with white stripes. He bought it new in 69'. DZ302. Took me for a ride when I was a kid... loved that car. He had the car up until a few years ago... only had 40,000 miles on it I believe.. he took it for a drive one day, and the throttle hung up on him. Hit a tree. Messed the car up... he was going to fix it for a while but ended up selling it/trading for a 69' with a 383 in it.

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's