Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
******* lawlz. You read my mind.
So you were considering offering a false premise, as a means to avoid the argument, too?

Why would ya? How's it help ya, long term?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I really wished the 6.0 fox would have got done for a run with the black car but we know how that goes.

My race offer still stands with that car!

ROFLMNAO!

Now THAT is ADORABLE!

Old 09-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
So you were considering offering a false premise, as a means to avoid the argument, too?

Why would ya? How's it help ya, long term?
You're saying HiO doesn't rattle off stipulations to put down Ford anything and to always find a reason to say GM is on top? Your answer will let me know if you're credible or not. Either you see his bias plain and simple or you don't...I know you aren't a mustang fan yourself so I'm half expecting you to say that what he says are "facts", too. He told Heater to make his car the same weight as 408 dude's weight for Christ's sake...the window of "fairness" in HiO's eyes does not exist if a Ford anything wins over a car it "should" lose to. It's blower this, racecar that. Cmon, you seem like you've been in the racing game a little bit, we both know what I'm saying is true.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by "MAC"
ford NASCAR<GM NASCAR
ford Le Mans<GM Le Mans
Conclusion
ford<GM

Is anyone confused yet, to who builds better cars?

Ford and Shelby teamed up to build a bad *** mustang that mustang is called the Shelby GT500, Shelby is a after market company who still helps them build these cars. Chevy is a division under GM, Chevy Does not have a car that is equivalent to the Shelby GT500. Meaning Chevy DOESN'T have a Shelby to their Mustang, AMG to their Mercedes, SRT to their Dodge/Chrysler etc.... So there for the Mustang GT competes with the Camaro Zl1 and the Dodge Charger/Challenger R/T
All true… but there is no end to the examples out there which provide any objective observer, with what such would look like, if Chevy DID have a licensed A.M. builder… the ZL1, ZR1, Z28… dead *** stock they smoke the stock equivalent from Ford.

Want to compare the Shelby? Fine… Take the Shelby to where Lingenfelter is running his ZL1. Run him for slips and you'll need a bus ticket.

And while it's faster, Chevy is building a better car… and objectively speaking, that's not even REMOTELY debatable.

You're saying HiO doesn't rattle off stipulations to put down Ford anything and to always find a reason to say GM is on top? Your answer will let me know if you're credible or not. Either you see his bias plain and simple or you don't...I know you aren't a mustang fan yourself so I'm half expecting you to say that what he says are "facts", too. He told Heater to make his car the same weight as 408 dude's weight for Christ's sake...the window of "fairness" in HiO's eyes does not exist if a Ford anything wins over a car it "should" lose to. It's blower this, racecar that. Cmon, you seem like you've been in the racing game a little bit, we both know what I'm saying is true.
Dude… as I've stated many times: the first car I bought with my own money was a 1967 GT500… My favorite all time car, is the Shelby Cobra (Roadster), my second favorite is the '70 Fastback. Big… Long lines; in your face power.

I love the Mustang… it is "HANDS DOWN!" the second best example of American Muscle.

I just prefer the General's product over the last generation.

Be honest with me now… the 1990s was NOT the Mustang's greatest decade, agreed?

Let me put it this way, IF I hit the Powerball, I would own, shortly thereafter, a 1970 Carbon-fiber Fastback, (Sheet metal replaced with CF) with a FULLY RIGGED, ridiculously blown LSx… sitting upon the re-tuned suspension platform of the ZR-1.

Of course, it isn't going to happen and it shouldn't… I mean IF it did, what would we talk about, besides ME? And honestly, that couldn't last more than a few years… So nature won't allow it.

Last edited by OVA1; 09-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

All true… but there is no end to the examples out there which provide any objective observer, with what such would look like, if Chevy DID have a licensed A.M. builder… the ZL1, ZR1, Z28… dead *** stock they smoke the stock equivalent from Ford.

Want to compare the Shelby? Fine… Take the Shelby to where Lingenfelter is running his ZL1. Run him for slips and you'll need a bus ticket.

And while it's faster, Chevy is building a better car… and objectively speaking, that's not even REMOTELY debatable.

Dude… as I've stated many times: the first car I bought with my own money was a 1967 GT500… My favorite all time car, is the Shelby Cobra (Roadster), my second favorite is the '70 Fastback. Big… Long lines; in your face power.

I love the Mustang… it is "HANDS DOWN!" the second best example of American Muscle.

I just prefer the General's product over the last generation.

Be honest with me now… the 1990s was NOT the Mustang's greatest decade, agreed?

Let me put it this way, IF I hit the Powerball, I would own, shortly thereafter, a 1970 Carbon-fiber Fastback, (Sheet metal replaced with CF) with a FULLY RIGGED, ridiculously blown LSx… sitting upon the re-tuned suspension platform of the ZR-1.

Of course, it isn't going to happen and it shouldn't… I mean IF it did, what would we talk about, besides ME? And honestly, that couldn't last more than a few years… So nature won't allow it.
Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't. Apples to apples comparisons:

Mustang GT 5.0 vs. 5th gen SS - GT is faster stock and costs less.
GT500 vs. ZL1 - Not even close except for the pricing. We all know how the ZL1 turned out.
Cobra Jet vs. COPO Camaro - COPO is not in the same zip code.
Ford has no direct competitor for the Vette so it wins by default.

Don't get me wrong, I love GM and besides my old push rod Mustang that is all I buy. I have bought three Tahoe's in a row for the wife and they have been great. Owned four different f bodies along the way. The current generation of GM pony cars are just too damn bloated to compete stock for stock. The MRC makes them great in the twisties but I won't argue that point in this section. We will see how the 6th gen stacks up when it gets here. It will be built on a different platform and should be a lot lighter. If you want to argue about the past, go ahead. I am comparing the current offerings.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1

GT500 vs. ZL1 - Not even close except for the pricing. We all know how the ZL1 turned out.
Ford has no competition for the Vette so it wins by default.

Don't get me wrong, I love GM and besides my old push rod Mustang that is all I buy. I have bought three Tahoe's in a row for the wife and they have been great. Owned four different f bodies along the way. The current generation of GM pony cars are just too damn bloated to compete stock for stock. The MRC makes them great in the twisties but I won't argue that point in this section. We will see how the 6th gen stacks up when it gets here. It will be built on a different platform and should be a lot lighter. If you want to argue about the past, go ahead. I am comparing the current offerings.
Well it's quite blatantly obvious that since you aren't on your knees sucking GM's dick, you are a Ford nutswinger

Old 09-19-2013, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Yea, that's it. I own one Ford product that is almost 20 years old and I am a nutswinger, lol. I own more GM's than Fords and always have.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Yea, that's it. I own one Ford product that is almost 20 years old and I am a nutswinger, lol. I own more GM's than Fords and always have.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

No… It's not faster. And it cost less, because it has a lower value.

The Suspension on the 5th gen DESTROYS the Ford… no apples with which to compare.

Yes, we do… it's a fine automobile and destroys the GT500 everywhere except in a straight line, where there is a TEENY TINY advantage to the Ford. Mod up the blower in the ZL1 to an equitable displacement to that of the Ford and it's all over.

Chevy isn't offering a COPO Camaro… and the Z28 will best the Cobra Jet, every time. Anyone having a problem with that, should just sling it into my shop for a few hours and we'll solve that problem.

Ford has no direct competitor for the Vette…
Yep…

Glad to hear you're a fan, but apples to apples, the General has been on top of the Blue Oval for the last two generations.

There's no comparison… the Chevrolet Pony cars are worlds apart and vastly superior to the Ford product.

Ford not only doesn't have a competitor for the Vette, it has no competitor for the Caddy… . Ford does a better job managing their Unions and THAT is HUGE! But in terms of design and execution… Ford is a minimum of a generation behind the General.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 PM
***Repost Police***

The Suspension on the 5th gen DESTROYS the Ford… no apples with which to compare.

Yes, we do… it's a fine automobile and destroys the GT500 everywhere except in a straight line, where there is a TEENY TINY advantage to the Ford. Mod up the blower in the ZL1 to an equitable displacement to that of the Ford and it's all over.
Sometimes I wonder if you read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply," and if you bother to research anything you say. Yes the suspension on the 5th gen is better, it came out half a decade after the S197 platform was released. Nobody is arguing that. But the straightline difference between the GT500 and ZL1 is not "teeny tiny" by any stretch of the imagination. Unless you consider half a second and 8-10mph "teeny tiny." And the ZL1 is obviously the more composed of the two in the twisties thanks to great chassis development (not taking anything away from it), but "destroys" is not a word any smart person would use to describe the quantitative differences between the two. Slalom/skidpad numbers are nearly identical with the edge to the ZL1, and on a road course with any sort of straightaway they have traded victories. Is the ZL1 easier to drive on track? Absolutely. But as far as raw numbers go, the GT500 is right there with it. This is an example of fact, not opinion;

Edit: Fact, except for that last category (I didn't make that chart)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

5th gens are pathetic.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

5.0 is slower than a 5th gen SS? You really believe that??

I already stated that point.

Again, shoulda, coulda, woulda. GM could have put any blower on it they wanted but they didn't. Teeny tiny advantage in a straight line? Not even close.

Chevy isn't offering a COPO Camaro… and the Z28 will best the Cobra Jet, every time. Anyone having a problem with that, should just sling it into my shop for a few hours and we'll solve that problem.
Yes they are. Do some research: http://www.chevroletperformance.com/...opo-camaro.jsp The COPO Camaro and Cobra Jet are made to compete in factory stock drag racing classes. If you think a Z28 (that was built to road race btw) can run 9's stock, well there is no hope.

Yep…
Yep, Vette is awesome. Always has been.

Glad to hear you're a fan, but apples to apples, the General has been on top of the Blue Oval for the last two generations.

There's no comparison… the Chevrolet Pony cars are worlds apart and vastly superior to the Ford product.

Ford not only doesn't have a competitor for the Vette, it has no competitor for the Caddy… . Ford does a better job managing their Unions and THAT is HUGE! But in terms of design and execution… Ford is a minimum of a generation behind the General.
Ford was behind GM pony cars until the current generation. This was what the whole comparison was based on. If you want to live in the past, you win. Right now, today, with what both are offering, GM is behind.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol at comparing the Cobra Jet to the Z28
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

No the camaro isn't faster than the 5.0. I own a L99 camaro two. I started to buy a 45th ls3 camaro drove it and it wasn't any faster than my L99. Got in the 5.0 and it would run all over the ls3. Now for the guys that say they have beat ls3 corvettes with there stock to tuned 5.0s you guys are full of ****.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
No the camaro isn't faster than the 5.0. I own a L99 camaro two. I started to buy a 45th ls3 camaro drove it and it wasn't any faster than my L99. Got in the 5.0 and it would run all over the ls3. Now for the guys that say they have beat ls3 corvettes with there stock to tuned 5.0s you guys are full of ****.
Don't think I have seen anyone claim that yet but it would be funny though.

Edit: GM selling a 45th anniversary edition Camaro was disappointing to me. What a ripoff after discontinuing it for years....

Last edited by Blown383LS1; 09-19-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

ON svt performance it happens alot
Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Now an intake/full exhaust/tuned 5.0 vs. a stock LS3 Vette would be a great race, I think.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

ON svt performance it happens alot
They are full of it then, I don't hang out there.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

You take that back... Tune only and they are beating c6zs brah.

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's