Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TitanTransAm
587rwhp and I bet your turd barely runs 11's.
So no proof?

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'.......
Never. Just posting facts
Old 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
Why can't other people have this same attitude instead of acting like a try hard online?
This car thing is a hobby to me man. I do it for the adrenaline rush and fun. I dontblike talking trash back and forth with people.. I just like hanging out with fellow car nuts and talking cars. I couldn't care less if its Ford, GM, Chrysler or Honda. Are there cars I would like to race and win? Sure! Thats what makes all this fun to me.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
A blower car will lose a TON with warm weather not sure where you guys get this idea that a boosted car isn't effected by the weather as much as a N/A car...

There was no Ice at the track at all with this car.

If you had my boost (Twin screw) and I had your cubes think it might not turn out like you think
YOU CAN"T GET TO THESE CUBES DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you keep saying that? That is the restriction of your little 4.6....YOU CAN"T GET THERE....forget about it......but I could go boosted if I wanted. This alone is why the ls platform is better.

NO ice.....that's a first.....bet you had long cool downs though. That's got to be great fun making 1 run a hour....lmao **** I get bored if I can't make 4 runs in 15 min.
Originally Posted by OVA1
That would be physics…

Let the record reflect that NO ONE has said that Forced induction is not effected by DA. What has accurately been declared, is that Forced Induction will outperform (in terms of efficiency) Normally Aspirated setups in all density altitudes.

Let me be clear: It is LUDICROUS to claim that forced induction engines are equally effected by light air… such a position merely defines the personification of ignorance, on the subject. Read a frickin' book, will ya?

That you have a teeeeeny-tiny little engine sitting under that blower, is not the fault of those with real cubes.

Suffice it to say that if the larger cubed engine were to induce to the same level as your setup, you'd be toast by the margin represented in the distinction… without regard for the DA.
This
Originally Posted by OVA1
OUCH!~ that hurt on a number of levels. (Where'd they find three 80s ****-stars to test cars?)

Just a generation back, the big dawg priced out at 12 large. Todays equivalent in the line starts at 4 times that.
I'd like to know where they found a Mustang in 85 that ran a 14.3 bone stock carberated. If that's the case all foxes slowed in the following years.
Originally Posted by automach1
How about you show me the fastest stock heads/block ls and I will show you the fastest stock block/heads 4v. This should not be a problem because ls is so superior to the older 4vs Also before you start your n/a bs n/a 5.4 4v > 5.7 ls. They have made more power and have been faster down the track. Without cubes and aftermarket support they can't compete when **** gets serious. Your car is not a lsx marvel man it took a lot to do what it does and it still runs 11s. Since that's how you judge my car . Inb4escuses.
A: I never said 2.3......it would be stupid to even think it would work right.

B: Do you ever get tired of looking the fool and posting this dumb ****. Your car should run 9's in reverse if ANYTHING you say were true.
587rwhp and I bet your turd barely runs 11's.
He hasn't even been in the 11's.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
This car thing is a hobby to me man. I do it for the adrenaline rush and fun. I dontblike talking trash back and forth with people.. I just like hanging out with fellow car nuts and talking cars. I couldn't care less if its Ford, GM, Chrysler or Honda. Are there cars I would like to race and win? Sure! Thats what makes all this fun to me.
X2 except for the honda thing. They're junk no matter what for hot rodding.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Hio said boosted cars so I followed suit in how I referred to my car being a blower car (Boosted) and I bet it will pick up more power in cooler drier weather than an N/A car ....
Well I'm not an expert on the subject but doesn't a lot of that have to do with design? IATs, intercooler? Poor setups/safe suffer in the same conditions from run to run and others are tuned to pull timing in the name of safety (warranty) so that's fair with some s/c applications but not all.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Well I'm not an expert on the subject but doesn't a lot of that have to do with design? IATs, intercooler? Poor setups/safe suffer in the same conditions from run to run and others are tuned to pull timing in the name of safety (warranty) so that's fair with some s/c applications but not all.
Your right.....but alot of that goes out the window with aftermarket chargers. As far as I'm concerned once you get rid of the factory blower it's aftermarket charged. It would be no different than me bolting a blower on....as a matter of fact that would make it more "fair".
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
YOU CAN"T GET TO THESE CUBES DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you keep saying that? That is the restriction of your little 4.6....YOU CAN"T GET THERE....forget about it......but I could go boosted if I wanted. This alone is why the ls platform is better.

NO ice.....that's a first.....bet you had long cool downs though. That's got to be great fun making 1 run a hour....
30-45 min cool downs depending on staging lanes

And I could motor swap my car and get those cubes....Motor swapping a car is in your territory So shouldn't be a big deal when comparing set ups there are mod motor with your cubes....

Then "all will be equal" like you keep saying over and over again. For the money the LS platform can't be beat but give credit where it is due.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Actually they put ls6's in 69 02 Camaro's. They called it the ZL1. it's not really a swap....more of a replacement. I can post pics of a real swap for you.

So you admit that a boosted ls6 would flat wipe the floor with the modular stuff. You might know something after all.

Check out the boosted section on here......those guys really struggle keeping those ls engines together under boost The biggest problem is using a pcm not designed for boost. The engine really don't care. But I'm sure you knew that......actually you didn't.
You crack me up... Show me ANY non big block LS6 keeping up with the top 50 or so quickest Mustangs... Hell, the top 100... You're only kidding yourself thinking that adding a blower will do the trick. You're engine will SHATTER about 1,000hp shy of the needed goal and that's the truth of the matter. The ECM plays no role in how strong a block is anymore than the engine cares when it blows up.

The REALLY quick cars on here are using iron blocks or pure race stuff, not LS1 or 6's, let along stock internal versions. They're not even using stock cranks or heads. For all you knock the 4.6L, which is by no means my favorite engine, you only dream of your F-body being as capable overall.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

30-45 min cool downs depending on staging lanes

And I could motor swap my car and get those cubes....Motor swapping a car is in your territory So shouldn't be a big deal when comparing set ups there are mod motor with your cubes....

Then "all will be equal" like you keep saying over and over again. For the money the LS platform can't be beat but give credit where it is due.
You still can't get to the cubes w/o stroking and boring. Then I get to stroke and bore.....that's fair. You can never get there. I'm about to motor swap it....be it a mild swap when I put the ls7 in. The 6 is really a replacement.
Originally Posted by It'llrun
You crack me up... Show me ANY non big block LS6 keeping up with the top 50 or so quickest Mustangs... Hell, the top 100... You're only kidding yourself thinking that adding a blower will do the trick. You're engine will SHATTER about 1,000hp shy of the needed goal and that's the truth of the matter. The ECM plays no role in how strong a block is anymore than the engine cares when it blows up.

The REALLY quick cars on here are using iron blocks or pure race stuff, not LS1 or 6's, let along stock internal versions. They're not even using stock cranks or heads. For all you knock the 4.6L, which is by no means my favorite engine, you only dream of your F-body being as capable overall.
Wtf are you talking about. You put your money where your mouth is when you bought a girl car.....now
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

You still can't get to the cubes w/o stroking and boring. Then I get to stroke and bore.....that's fair. You can never get there. I'm about to motor swap it....be it a mild swap when I put the ls7 in. The 6 is really a replacement.

Wtf are you talking about. You put your money where your mouth is when you bought a girl car.....now

Hates raggedy ferds

But keeps ferd in his Fox because it "Looks cool" and makes him not biased because he has a Mustang and A Camero

I'm on a GM site and should only expect this but the uproar of GM owners on SVTP makes it hard to tell these 2 sites apart...... And Ford guys are trolls
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Teching In

A 4.6L Mustang still outruns EVERY SINGLE LS1 POWERED VEHICLE ON THE PLANET!
Anything you say is invalid.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Hates raggedy ferds

But keeps ferd in his Fox because it "Looks cool" and makes him not biased because he has a Mustang and A Camero

I'm on a GM site and should only expect this but the uproar of GM owners on SVTP makes it hard to tell these 2 sites apart...... And Ford guys are trolls
Soon its gonna be nothing but ford guys on ls1tech, then all the GM guys on SVTP
Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Not sure if I'd call it a Mustang but yes a 4.6L has been faster down the 1/4 mile than any LSx

Not sure why everyone jumps to " records" when comparing motors though like anyone here knows what kinda time and research goes into making a car go low 6s....whether it be LSx Mod , SBF, SBC etc ......
Old 09-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Banned

Not sure if I'd call it a Mustang but yes a 4.6L has been faster down the 1/4 mile than any LSx

Not sure why everyone jumps to " records" when comparing motors though like anyone here knows what kinda time and research goes into making a car go low 6s....whether it be LSx Mod , SBF, SBC etc ......
Automach1 sure likes to praise that 6 second 4.6. Yet his dumbass can't even get out of the 12's with a boosted 5.4 liter, from what I hear.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Banned

******* ROFL!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

NO ice.....that's a first.....bet you had long cool downs though. That's got to be great fun making 1 run a hour....lmao **** I get bored if I can't make 4 runs in 15 min.

This

I'd like to know where they found a Mustang in 85 that ran a 14.3 bone stock carberated. If that's the case all foxes slowed in the following years.

A: I never said 2.3......it would be stupid to even think it would work right.

Then what was your point a bigger more efficient blower can make more power on a ls6?

B: Do you ever get tired of looking the fool and posting this dumb ****. Your car should run 9's in reverse if ANYTHING you say were true.

Nice deflection derp. Stuck in the 11s with a racecar. I want a camero so I can get my **** pushed in by multiple bus lengths against bolton gtrs

One day I will get in the 11s and be racecar status like hiho
Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Even tough you can get more cubes, your engine cannot actually make the power... sad, ain't it.

Blah blah blah... I still own a car that can easily spank that **** BOX F-body you think is all that. I just don't waste my time bragging about it on here. If you had another 200hp in that car, I might consider wasting the fuel and time to punk you publicly. You don't, and won't, however. Besides, I'm not about pickin' on the little man, particularly those with Napoleon syndrome. I'm sure I won't be bringing it out of moth ***** for the likes of you.

Anything you say is invalid.
You have no credibility here, KID... You're another punk on the net... another rebel without a clue... another wannabe.

If you had any idea what you were talking about here, you'd shut up. I'll give you a hint...

Records aren't the single most important factor by any means. My "argument" here gets to records at some point, but is really not about that. It's about the reality of all the talk... 'LS1 is best' kind of comments make me laugh. The truth is, the LS1 is a great engine and I've been saying that for years, literally. That said, it was not designed to withstand the power many people here(particularly the youngsters who just don't know much about anything) think it was and while they harp on how small the modular is in cubes vs outside size and how poor the 2 and 3v engines are, they get irritated when reminded that 4.6L is able to trounce their favored LS1, and most LS anything engines. They often disregard the fact, most really fast "LS" guys don't use the LS engine at all, just one like it.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Banned

Automach1 sure likes to praise that 6 second 4.6. Yet his dumbass can't even get out of the 12's with a boosted 5.4 liter, from what I hear.
I only bring up that facts when your brother spews his bs. It has nothing to do with my car. However when you have no reply to the truth it's always nice to fall back on. Since we are most likely miles apart and will never run
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Teching In

most really fast "LS" guys don't use the LS engine at all, just one like it.
Wtf are you even talking about
Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Banned

Wtf are you even talking about
Over your head

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's