Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
You're almost stupid if you don't go with turbo... It really sucks driving an N/A Car when the DA goes above 2000, at 4000+ I want to drive it into the river. I can't imagine how the guys at high altitude feel.
I wanted to stab myself when I lived in CO for a year.
I was just promoted and my gift was a cam.

Here I am in a cammed fbody and had light modded evos running with me at bandimeir....grrrrrr

Fkn 13s ftl.....Lol
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
So.

I choose a smaller engine that is FI and have to "deal with it " yout choose a bigger cube NA motor and its "what if my car had a blower on it".

Pot meet kettle....
Not at all. You can't make yours that big any way. You guys are trying to convince me Your **** is better and neither you or heater can run my trap. ...... with boosted v8 and a slick. ..... go figure.
Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Are you talking drag records??? Im just trying to get clarification.
He is certainly not talking about anything he has done. Be had proved his self wrong in so many ways it's just retarded.
Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
The 85 IROC ran around a 15 sec quarter mile and was slower than the Mustang GT from the same year, plus it cost more. You beat the driver, not the car. No need to try and rewrite history on this one Hio.
There has been a couple guys on here that had both. Both agree their tpi car was faster(per et's they ran) and did not need heads to run to the 12's.

Originally Posted by Heater
He's trying to use a base model 4th Gen versus the most loaded model Mustang in a comparison. You couldn't buy a stripped Cobra, you could only buy them one way...fully loaded.

Typical Hio fashion, always try to twist the facts.
I went off the price it took to get you in the car. ....... period. No facts twisted.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car also doesn't weigh sub 3k and still has the IRS ( a heavy bitch)

I go to town with a hole saw and ill match your traps, I get more seat time and ill more than likely go 131+ I got 4 passes in the car LoL and ran in Sept in FL in 2300+ DAs

It's funny you also bring up ETs with the TPI car but preach nothing but trap speeds with your car :/
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
There has been a couple guys on here that had both. Both agree their tpi car was faster(per et's they ran) and did not need heads to run to the 12's..
Cheesy video from back in the day. IROC was not even close to the GT in a drag race. I remember the 80's as well. What I saw was totally different than your interpretation.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hio doesn't twist facts Blown383LS1.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Hio how come traps are only mentioned when comparing to your car? Then ET is mentioned about your buddy's dad's son's dog walker's nephew's uncle who had both and said the Camaro was faster?
Old 09-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
Hio how come traps are only mentioned when comparing to your car? Then ET is mentioned about your buddy's dad's son's dog walker's nephew's uncle who had both and said the Camaro was faster?
How come you say your car would smoke so an so, then next post say your car isn't operational at the moment?
Old 09-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Are you talking drag records??? Im just trying to get clarification.
I am talking stock block capability not just records.

Last edited by automach1; 09-16-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

My car also doesn't weigh sub 3k and still has the IRS ( a heavy bitch)

I go to town with a hole saw and ill match your traps, I get more seat time and ill more than likely go 131+ I got 4 passes in the car LoL and ran in Sept in FL in 2300+ DAs

It's funny you also bring up ETs with the TPI car but preach nothing but trap speeds with your car :/
Like a boosted car care's about d/a much, the correction factor is 1/2 of a n/a car. Truth be known you had a ice pack on it just like the rest of the termi guys. And Like I said if I had your boost I could go back to full weight and be a minimum of upper 130's maybe in the 140's. So your point was if we equal everything you still get out ran......except by more.

BTW.....tpi cars always outran 5.0 topend.
Originally Posted by snake95
10bolt dude. With a good rear it will pick up et and mph.
Originally Posted by automach1
You don't know wtf your talking about or you would be out of the 12's. Show me some stock bottom modulars in the 8's that are'nt a termi or gt500 engine. I imagine it would be hard enough to find those to. But there are plenty of stock bottom ls engines there.

You guys yak at me about wanting things my way.....look at you guys. You want boost....you want your car as light as mine.....you want a bigger engine to boost.....you've whined about your irs....slicks

Moral of the story is it's they we've chosen to mod our cars. You can't be bolt-ons anymore because you changed your blowers. I can be bolt-ons and I can do boost of some sort just as you can lighten your car.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Like a boosted car care's about d/a much, the correction factor is 1/2 of a n/a car. Truth be known you had a ice pack on it just like the rest of the termi guys. And Like I said if I had your boost I could go back to full weight and be a minimum of upper 130's maybe in the 140's. So your point was if we equal everything you still get out ran......except by more.

A blower car will lose a TON with warm weather not sure where you guys get this idea that a boosted car isn't effected by the weather as much as a N/A car...

There was no Ice at the track at all with this car.

If you had my boost (Twin screw) and I had your cubes think it might not turn out like you think
Old 09-16-2013, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

A blower car will lose a TON with warm weather not sure where you guys get this idea that a boosted car isn't effected by the weather as much as a N/A car...

If you had my boost (Twin screw) and I had your cubes think it might not turn out like you think
That would be physics…

Let the record reflect that NO ONE has said that Forced induction is not effected by DA. What has accurately been declared, is that Forced Induction will outperform (in terms of efficiency) Normally Aspirated setups in all density altitudes.

Let me be clear: It is LUDICROUS to claim that forced induction engines are equally effected by light air… such a position merely defines the personification of ignorance, on the subject. Read a frickin' book, will ya?

That you have a teeeeeny-tiny little engine sitting under that blower, is not the fault of those with real cubes.

Suffice it to say that if the larger cubed engine were to induce to the same level as your setup, you'd be toast by the margin represented in the distinction… without regard for the DA.

Last edited by OVA1; 09-16-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
He's trying to use a base model 4th Gen versus the most loaded model Mustang in a comparison. You couldn't buy a stripped Cobra, you could only buy them one way...fully loaded.

Typical Hio fashion, always try to twist the facts.
Well that's true but at the same time fully loaded is still the base for them. Haha

The GTO was the same way really.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

There is a difference between turbo and s/c. What you said isn't what was stated... Boosted cars are not as impacted by DA than n/a cars.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Cheesy video from back in the day. IROC was not even close to the GT in a drag race. I remember the 80's as well. What I saw was totally different than your interpretation.

Motorweek 1985 - Mustang, Camaro, Firebird shootout - YouTube
OUCH!~ that hurt on a number of levels. (Where'd they find three 80s ****-stars to test cars?)

Just a generation back, the big dawg priced out at 12 large. Todays equivalent in the line starts at 4 times that.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
There is a difference between turbo and s/c. What you said isn't what was stated... Boosted cars are not as impacted by DA than n/a cars.
Hio said boosted cars so I followed suit in how I referred to my car being a blower car (Boosted) and I bet it will pick up more power in cooler drier weather than an N/A car ....
Old 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Your **** is slow. GTFO.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Oh is this like the if a ls6 had a 2.3 blower It would make 800+ on pump

BTW.....tpi cars always outran 5.0 topend.

10bolt dude. With a good rear it will pick up et and mph.

You don't know wtf your talking about or you would be out of the 12's. Show me some stock bottom modulars in the 8's that are'nt a termi or gt500 engine. I imagine it would be hard enough to find those to. But there are plenty of stock bottom ls engines there.

You guys yak at me about wanting things my way.....look at you guys. You want boost....you want your car as light as mine.....you want a bigger engine to boost.....you've whined about your irs....slicks

Moral of the story is it's they we've chosen to mod our cars. You can't be bolt-ons anymore because you changed your blowers. I can be bolt-ons and I can do boost of some sort just as you can lighten your car.
How about you show me the fastest stock heads/block ls and I will show you the fastest stock block/heads 4v. This should not be a problem because ls is so superior to the older 4vs Also before you start your n/a bs n/a 5.4 4v > 5.7 ls. They have made more power and have been faster down the track. Without cubes and aftermarket support they can't compete when **** gets serious. Your car is not a lsx marvel man it took a lot to do what it does and it still runs 11s. Since that's how you judge my car . Inb4escuses.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TitanTransAm
Your **** is slow. GTFO.
Proof?
Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Proof?
587rwhp and I bet your turd barely runs 11's.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

How about you show me the fastest stock heads/block ls and I will show you the fastest stock block/heads 4v. This should not be a problem because ls is so superior to the older 4vs Also before you start your n/a bs n/a 5.4 4v > 5.7 ls. They have made more power and have been faster down the track. Without cubes and aftermarket support they can't compete when **** gets serious. Your car is not a lsx marvel man it took a lot to do what it does and it still runs 11s. Since that's how you judge my car . Inb4escuses.
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'.......

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's