Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im actually curious as to what this GT500 runs......Along with many cars A lot under perform and if its a bolt on GT500 (Newer) I would be really upset if it didn't run at least 11's. **** first time even at the track with the Silver car it almost went 10's in a cobbled together trip to the track in 90 degree weather LoL
Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've "learned" so many incorrect things in the past few pages, it seems time to move on to something less entertaining, yet more interesting.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Heater it won't let me reply to your post. I have tryd sevral times. Its probably going to post all at once. Didn't know OVA1 till last night. He sent me a good luck pm. I asked him to post my slip because my computer is a dirty ***** and contracted a virus. He gave me some pointers on the tree, and I ended up getting my best R/T. (Thanks OVA1). Also Hio had helped me out on how best to spray my car. (Thanks Hio) First time I talked to anyone on here. I'm glad I joined. And now I got to race someone prob half way across the country. (Thanks Heater) pretty cool . I think the slip race thing should happen more often. If people can handle it. I do know now what people were saying about trolls.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Heater it won't let me reply to your post. I have tryd sevral times. Its probably going to post all at once. Didn't know OVA1 till last night. He sent me a good luck pm. I asked him to post my slip because my computer is a dirty ***** and contracted a virus. He gave me some pointers on the tree, and I ended up getting my best R/T. (Thanks OVA1). Also Hio had helped me out on how best to spray my car. (Thanks Hio) First time I talked to anyone on here. I'm glad I joined. And now I got to race someone prob half way across the country. (Thanks Heater) pretty cool . I think the slip race thing should happen more often. If people can handle it. I do know now what people were saying about trolls.
Whats more details on your set up man not sure if you have it on the site any where or not? I'm taking it your car wasn't sprayed last night? I can't see your slip for a few reasons LOL

so what exactly what the splits on the slip? (60 1/8th mph etc)
Old 09-21-2013, 08:15 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Are you serious? Must I repeat what I said? Guess so, Shelby is an AFTER MARKET COMPANY the helps ford build their mustang. Every sense the Terminators came out with roughly the same hp as the C5 Z Ford has been having there top of the line Mustang have the same if not more hp as the Z06 meaning all of the GT500's have always had the same if not more hp as the top of the line Vette! When Chevy introduced the Zr1 yes it took ford a bit to catch up but they did with the 13 GT500

SO APPLES to APPLES
Mustang 5.0 competes with Camaro ZL1, Charger/Challenger/300 SRT8/RT (depending on year)
GT500 competes with Zr1/Z06 (depending on year)

As fare as track day ready from factory (road courses not drag racing) the apples to apples are

Mustang Leguna Secca edition vs Viper Acr and Acr-x
both mustang and Viper have a full roll cage, no back seats, track rated suspension, all the things needed for a race ready competition (for the most part im sure there are some things you need to add but for the most part its done for you) And we all know that Viper will do circles around the mustang.

Before anyone says yea the viper will because of the extra hp just remember your probably the same person that says the gt500 competes with the Zl1 and yet there is an 80hp difference in that

Also its a well known fact that more cubes = more obtainable hp. I.E BBC can and will always make more hp than a SBC same goes for ford BBF can and will always make more hp than a SBF.
Not much posted above is even close to correct.
Originally Posted by OVA1
Oh! Now I LIKE IT!

Haven't really considered that before, but the argument has merit.

The ZL1 is NOT the slotted competitor of the GT500… having been designed to compete with the Big-dog Vettes. With which, it struggles to do.

Hewww… THAT was disturbing. But ALL is right in the Universe again…
No.

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Yes, I am serious. Just because the Terminators came with close to the same hp as the C5Z doesn't mean that it was competing with the Corvette. That makes zero sense. The Vette is a sports car, the Mustang is a pony car. They are totally different cars aimed at totally different markets, always have been. The GT500 and ZL1 are direct competitors. Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. Where in your apples to apples comparison does the SS fit in? Does it compete with the v6 Mustang?

The Boss Leguna Seca does not have a full roll cage and was built to compete in SCCA and NASA road race classes.

The argument has zero merit and you know it but whatever makes you sleep at night. Ask GM what the direct competitor for the ZL1 is. I will repeat myself again. Ford has no direct competitor for the Vette. Everyone knows this.

You contradict yourself here. You think that Shelby builds all the GT500's but they say they don't. Right there in black and white, they build short run specialty cars like the GT350, GTS, and the Super Snake. At no point in that quote does it say that they build the GT500.

Both of you guys need to do some research before you post this stuff.
How dare you post something factual that makes sense!!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

One of my favorite incorrect facts posted by the ovarian one... Full roll cage on a factory stock street legal Mustang. That's almost as bright as no COPO for 2013 or the GT500 was built to compete with the Corvette, even though its common traits include RWD V8 powered 2dr... oh, and they each have 6spd transmissions, front seats and 4 wheels/tires... Let's forget that one is a pure sports car and the other outweighs that one by about 400 lb and that the only Corvette close to being in the price range of the Mustang is the standard Corvette vs the GT500. Of course, the GT500 more than gave it fits, but still... direct competitor? No.

Yup, good stuff. Time to go again...
Old 09-21-2013, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Seems like you have more of a problem with it than me.

Everyone knows you steal hits.....actually you out right jump.

"out right jump" is still an under statement.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by big hammer
"out right jump" is still an under statement.
Wrong.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I forgot how dumb MAC was for a while. Him and Dickrash88 are the only 2 on my ignore list.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
One of my favorite incorrect facts posted by the ovarian one... Full roll cage on a factory stock street legal Mustang. That's almost as bright as no COPO for 2013 or the GT500 was built to compete with the Corvette, even though its common traits include RWD V8 powered 2dr... oh, and they each have 6spd transmissions, front seats and 4 wheels/tires... Let's forget that one is a pure sports car and the other outweighs that one by about 400 lb and that the only Corvette close to being in the price range of the Mustang is the standard Corvette vs the GT500. Of course, the GT500 more than gave it fits, but still... direct competitor? No.

Yup, good stuff. Time to go again…
LOL!

Now lil'runt THAT is ADORABLE… you come spouting lies, while lamenting lies.

HYSTERICAL!

I didn't say anything about any cages on any Mustanks and I had no IDEA that Chevy had returned to the old Central Office Production Order system, wherein dealers ordered some Camaros spec'd to custom builds and ran 'em down the track in the old "Run on Sunday, Sell on Monday" game; meaning that Chevy NEVER BUILT "A" CAR CALLED THE COPO CAMARO.

There were Camaros that were 'called' COPO, but Chevy never built a "COPO" Model, such simply did not exist.

Much like the Yenko, which was built by Yenko Chevrolet… There was never and remains no "Yenko" Camaro ever produced by Chevrolet.

I've since learned that Chevy is now building a non-street, purpose built HHRA drag car… which comes in several configurations, which Chevy has tagged COPO and that's fine. I think the Lawhead said something about it and I said that Chevy didn't build one and that was apparently in error, due to the newly released drag car.

My guess is that Chevy's car is NA and someone bolted up a Fusion Reactor to the Cobra Jet and it flies to some future trap, once it hits 88 mph… and he wanted to compare that to the Chevy… who knows?

**** happens… Sue me. Props to the Sprout. It just goes to show ya that even a blind, nut finds a squirrel now and then.

It's gotta be tough being a Ford driver. You guys are sorta the Cubs, or the Red Sox of the Car world. I for one think its good for the game that Ford finally produced something competitive with the General. Three decades of gettin' your *** kicked SHOULD produce SOMETHING!

Ran up on a sharp looking 5.0 today. CRUSHED it…

Great guy tho'… We pulled over and shot the ****. LOL! He said when 'his car grows old, he wants it to be as bad *** as my car.'

I literally laughed my *** off. (It's still in the car… I forgot to bring it in.)

We shook hands on that one… and he said he'd try to make it out to the track. I hope he does… we need sharp, heads up kids like that to get into doin' it right.

Last edited by OVA1; 09-21-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Are you serious? Must I repeat what I said? Guess so, Shelby is an AFTER MARKET COMPANY the helps ford build their mustang. Every sense the Terminators came out with roughly the same hp as the C5 Z Ford has been having there top of the line Mustang have the same if not more hp as the Z06 meaning all of the GT500's have always had the same if not more hp as the top of the line Vette! When Chevy introduced the Zr1 yes it took ford a bit to catch up but they did with the 13 GT500

SO APPLES to APPLES
Mustang 5.0 competes with Camaro ZL1, Charger/Challenger/300 SRT8/RT (depending on year)
GT500 competes with Zr1/Z06 (depending on year)

As fare as track day ready from factory (road courses not drag racing) the apples to apples are

Mustang Leguna Secca edition vs Viper Acr and Acr-x
both mustang and Viper have a full roll cage, no back seats, track rated suspension, all the things needed for a race ready competition (for the most part im sure there are some things you need to add but for the most part its done for you) And we all know that Viper will do circles around the mustang.

Before anyone says yea the viper will because of the extra hp just remember your probably the same person that says the gt500 competes with the Zl1 and yet there is an 80hp difference in that

Also its a well known fact that more cubes = more obtainable hp. I.E BBC can and will always make more hp than a SBC same goes for ford BBF can and will always make more hp than a SBF.
The Mustang has never targeted the Vettes. Two completely different cars. Camaro vs. Mustang is how it has always been.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

My point is on the gt500's is neither of the ones on here perform like the vids that get posted, neither are stock......but somehow stock ones go faster than these modded ones.. It's no secret they're over rated.

I think cars has been 7's on a 275 dr.......now you need a slick to get past bottom 11's/high 10's.....ok.....makes perfect sense.
The vids that get posted are generally cars that make it to the track on a regular basis, and get their runs down pat. I dont have that luxury, as my workweeks average 60+ hrs. Not alot of time to get the launches and runs perfected. And just a note.. I won't have a problem with a stock 500... pre 13' or 13'-

And I am sure I could practice down some good 60's on a set of 275/60-15 drag radials. But not on my 20" short sidewall drag radials. I have a set of 15x10 Racestars sitting ready to go on the car, but I prefer to put slicks on them because I want max traction when I run... I dont care to "see how good I can do" with drag radials. Like mentioned above...hard for me to find the time to make it to the track, and to be honest, I dont care for the track as much as others because I prefer not to increase the chances of breaking anything with multiple hard launches.

For now, I am happy with my car putting in work from rolls.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't leave anything out: I posted the link to the article.

But the Contradiction is in the premise being advanced by the GT500 contingent, that Shelby has no part in the GT500. In the Article, the Shelby group clearly feels otherwise. And you seem to want to have it both ways.

Either Shelby's team IS involved in the design of the GT500 or it is NOT. It is a simple equation: Yes/No, T/F, +/-, l/O >.<

But I anticipated this question, so I've taken the time to write an email to Shelby American:

"Dear Shelby Team,

Does "Shelby" have any input in the design and/or production of the GT500 badged with his name.

I ask because there is a strong contingent of GT500 drivers, who claim that Shelby has nothing to do with the car's design, and that Ford is just using the Shelby Brand, that there is no other potential correlation in the cars design and production with the Shelby Team and that Shelby's design prowess in the building of fast cars is otherwise untapped within the scope of the GT500.

If you're in any way interested in how the GT500 world sees the Shelby Badge, please follow this link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...amaros-36.html

I for one would be very interested in knowing if Ford is scamming its buyers by badging a car which is otherwise wholly disassociated with the individual who's name sets that vehicle apart from the other Ford vehicles of the same fundamental model, coming off the same line…

Thank you for your time in considering this question.

Best regards,
Mike"

No doubt that they'll jump right on it… I surely expect to hear something back this afternoon, after they call in the Lawyers and Public Affairs teams to research the matter.
Just a note. The Shelby on these cars is just a licensed name. The cars from 07-13 for all intents and purposes were designed by and built by the Ford SVT team. They simple licensed the Shelby GT500 name. These cars are nothing more than an updated Cobra with Shelby badges. It was done for nostalgia purposes with the retro bodystyle. My engine, and every Shelby engine has a plate on the motor signed by the 2 engine builders at SVT's Niche line. You can google that and see some pics of the engine builders.. all hand built, by specially trained Ford employees.

The SUpersnakes however are a Shelby item.. GT500 taken and modified with bigger blower etc. Nothing a regular GT500 owner can not do for much less money.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
shut up and quit crying
Out of ideas, huh?

Classic!

Hey! MAYBE you should run out and buy a new personality… Give it a shot and get back to me.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ease-read.html

You guys need to read the rules. I can't see who the instigator is but this needs to end.

Ova, if you are this dedicated to harassing another member (creative sig), this is clearly a violation of rule 10-

I would ask you to find a suitable signature.

This is really getting old-

Last edited by JayplaySS; 09-21-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's