Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I have a couple of friends that have C6 Z06's and they are worried enough about the valve issue to the point that they are looking to put aftermarket heads on their cars.
They don't need aftermarket heads. If the valve shows no wear then bronze guides fixes it.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
No one wants to admit their 80k cars have problems that would cause the motor to blow up......

just like no one comes on here talking about how they blew up their 5.3...
Who the hell blows up 5.3's? Those things run to 300k w/o issue.......Maybe you said it right...."they blew up their 5.3"
Originally Posted by It'llrun
Good runs? I couldn't really see them... The rev limiter is designed to NOT blow up an engine... It usually works too, so that car had an existing problem... HIOSILVER GOT ONE RIGHT!!

They did. It wasn't all that long. As far as I remember, it was in the F-250 NON Super Duty. That would mean 97-99. It was also used on the E-250 for 1997.

Yet the reality is so different, which almost fully explains some things... Your point of view is skewed, at very best. You're a hater, just like they say... Bias as the day is long... It doesn't help that you really don't know much about Ford engines in the 1st place. Then again, to me you don't know much about engines, period... so...

A known problem... but not to you... That's kinda what I was just sayin' above... LOL

Anyway, valve problem, valve guide problem... problem either way. It's not just "a issue" in these based on all the comments. Point is, along with other GM lovers here, you're basically claiming GM has no problem, but Ford(and Dodge to some) do... HOGWASH! They all have problems.

You don't have much of an idea what you're saying when it comes to Ford. The problem I see(and it's totally validated by your comments) is that you REPEAT things you've heard, but not actually experienced, as if it must be gospel... ONLY about Ford. When it's GM and hasn't directly affected you, it's not a real problem according to you. Pretty clear at this point, since you put it together yourself in this very thread.

As was said... You are far more biased and compared to someone like Heater, well... no contest: you lose.
I have fixed some of these issues the fords have myself. And I have said my truck has not been w/o it's issues which does directly affect me......so your point is what?

Who the **** would be stupid enough to buy a 4.6 f250.....lmao We had a 5.4 e250.....it was a turd. Drove like **** too. The 7.3 e250 we had ran good but still drove like ****. We had a new king ranch 6.0 truck......need I say more?? Well yea I need to. That thing never went anywhere w/o getting fixed along the way. It drove like ****, rode like **** and had drafts all over the place so bad you could not stay warm in the rear seats.....no heat out let back there. There are heat/ac out lets in my ec chevy for the rear seat and it's just a LS.
Originally Posted by automach1
I just had a friend who put his c6z in the shop for a simple cam swap and ended up having to replace the valves because it was about to be a problem. Just saying
Like I said it seem to be a guide issue. Now if the guide wears enough it causes the valve to break. Sucks that it happens. But the way and the power some of these newer engines make there are goin to be issues.......kinda like the snout of the crank on gt500's.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Who the hell blows up 5.3's? Those things run to 300k w/o issue.......Maybe you said it right...."they blew up their 5.3"
There you go again... Can't be happening for real... can it...

I have fixed some of these issues the fords have myself. And I have said my truck has not been w/o it's issues which does directly affect me......so your point is what?
Exactly what I (and others) said... You're QUICK to claim there are problems with Fords and just like I said, and you proved above, you're almost impossible when it comes to GM issues... It's as if you're convinced the only real problems with any GM are simply made up by people who are in a bad mood or something...

Who the **** would be stupid enough to buy a 4.6 f250.....lmao
People who wanted the best economy they could get and enough engine to move the load at the lowest price. Clearly, Ford decided that engine wasn't up to par for that size vehicle, so they dropped it when they dropped the standard duty F-250.

We had a 5.4 e250.....it was a turd. Drove like **** too.
By "we," I suspect you mean the company you worked for... Not everyone buys a van for drag racing, sport... It's NOT all about quickness, whether or not anyone ever told you specifically.

The 7.3 e250 we had ran good but still drove like ****. We had a new king ranch 6.0 truck......need I say more?? Well yea I need to. That thing never went anywhere w/o getting fixed along the way. It drove like ****, rode like **** and had drafts all over the place so bad you could not stay warm in the rear seats.....no heat out let back there. There are heat/ac out lets in my ec chevy for the rear seat and it's just a LS.
Blah blah blah... Same ol same ol... YOU talking **** about things you honestly don't understand, but BEG people like me to believe you do. I've surely put more miles on the roads of America than you ever will, hundreds of thousands of them using Fords. It doesn't matter to me what your uneducated opinion is and it never will. You're a HATER and you can't comprehend the realities around these trucks. Your brain is obviously incapable or you wouldn't constantly cry about things THE MASSES know to be false... That's your biggest problem when trashing the most popular vehicle line on the planet... MILLIONS of people will simply understand you to be an idiot. Maybe if you'd been the driver rather than the back seat rider, you'd have been warmer...

Like I said it seem to be a guide issue. Now if the guide wears enough it causes the valve to break. Sucks that it happens.
Holy CRAP WORLD... He actually ADMITTED a GM problem!!!! Get God on the line!!! Btw, like I said, a problem is still a problem.

But the way and the power some of these newer engines make there are goin to be issues.......kinda like the snout of the crank on gt500's.
And then the excuses... Except, since you mentioned it, which of these LS cars makes the power of the GT500?

I'm just raggin' on ya because you can't help yourself and I like making fun of your lack of self-control.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

LOL....you have the lack of self control......You can't help defending your fords even when the truth is spoken. Look back at my post......I said I've had problems with my truck. But nothing like spark plugs blowing out/breaking off or exhaust mani's cracking. Nothing that will stop it from moving.

Yes by we I meant the company I worked for. I wouldn't buy that junk. And no it was not a drag racing team. It was ALMS, Grand AM, Speed Vision, vintage cars, Busch.....all the same team just ran it different series sometimes.

Talk about excuses----.

"Not everyone buys a van for drag racing, sport... It's NOT all about quickness, whether or not anyone ever told you specifically."

Well I guess If you buy a van and it's not for drag racing it should at least drive and ride good. Those vans do neither.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

LOL....you have the lack of self control......You can't help defending your fords even when the truth is spoken. Look back at my post......I said I've had problems with my truck. But nothing like spark plugs blowing out/breaking off or exhaust mani's cracking. Nothing that will stop it from moving.
You don't just speak the truth. You MAKE THINGS UP clearly thinking that, somehow, the MILLIONS of people who actually own these things will just believe your nonsense... wrong.

Yes by we I meant the company I worked for. I wouldn't buy that junk.
Yet, to you, the people who do should simply EXPECT that the claims you make are true... LIES! You've claimed to own them yourself too, but now you're backing away from that. Whatever. Not to mention, the company is probably still racing while you're not there anymore... Who's smarter and got more going on, you or them? Even if they folded, the guy who hired you also bought the vehicles you hate... He's got something you don't have, business sense. Hell, COMMON sense!

And no it was not a drag racing team. It was ALMS, Grand AM, Speed Vision, vintage cars, Busch.....all the same team just ran it different series sometimes.
Uh huh... And when did the team race the van?

Talk about excuses----.

"Not everyone buys a van for drag racing, sport... It's NOT all about quickness, whether or not anyone ever told you specifically."
That's not an excuse, NIT WIT... That's REALITY! There's a difference to normal people.

Well I guess If you buy a van and it's not for drag racing it should at least drive and ride good. Those vans do neither.
Again with your opinion as if it's fact... NOT FACT, just opinion... The opinion of someone who PROBABLY didn't get 10,000 miles TOTAL in those vehicles and probably knows almost nothing about them in truth.

When you claim they had to be repaired to get ANYWHERE... People know you're lying. Don't question that... They just DO! You make yourself out to be the fool we know you are. Lying gets you nowhere, especially on the internet. GROW UP!

State your opinion all you want... just ADMIT it's your opinion instead of claiming it's fact. By the way, I'm not really defending Fords; I'm just letting people know you're a hater.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

So tell me what facts I stated that are not facts. Was there not issues with spark plugs blowing out? Are there not issues with plugs breaking off? Exhaust mani issues??? Gut less power of 2/3v's?? Vans drive like ****??? Drafts in the cabin of brand new trucks??? Your in denial bud.

The championship team I worked for is now over....owner retired. His son and friend of mine now drives for the Corvette team. Tommy Milner

It'llrun.....your so outta your league when you **** with me. The only thing you know how to do is make up **** and run your yack......well that and buy girl cars.....nice escape ***....lmao

I drove some of these vehicles alot. We all did. I tried to avoid it cause they all drove like ****.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Teching In

and buy girl cars.....nice escape ***....lmao
LOL, oh snap!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

I'm a mechanic in NewHampshire and I fix more ford trucks than GM. Common stuff is Exhaust manifolds, Intakes. Pcv causing lean codes. Cam phaser problems (replace cams). Plugs blowing out snapping off. You can almost guarantee if the plugs haven't been done with 70 - 80k its going to happen. They knew this and still kept makeing them this way. Coils failing. Old DPFE causing EGR codes. F350 with locking/vacuum hubs breaking. Bed cross members rotting out with in a few years. This is all comon stuff you can find tons of stuff on Google, Idenafix etc etc. This is all on fords in Northern NewEngland. May be different where you are??? Now Gm have problems too. Manifold bolts breaking off.02 sensors. Fuel pumps Brake lines. They just are not as severe. And they are usualy easy fixes. Yes they sold alot of fords but most of our customers with them said had they known about the problems they never would have got one . A lot of them just dont know alot about vehicles and how they work. This is not every case obviously some people have had good luck with them. Or there would be no one on here defending them. But if I go through the invoices at work and compare the two on repair costs. Gm will prob be the better of the 2
Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily
Old 09-10-2013, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

LS1tech gives me a reality check, I'm just waiting for my Expedition to blow the F up any day now.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Banned

I want a camero.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

The mustang had an absence in the 70s, it was called the Mustang II aka the Mustang grille on a Pinto. Both models have had their miscues and have bounced back.

As far as the OP's video, it left a lot to be desired lol
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

blowing up 5.3's? wut?

certainly can happen but no epidemic. in fact I've never even heard of anyone blowing one up.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

a buddy of mine who owns his own repair shop has come to hate fords. he says that both gm and ford have their issues, but gm issues are easy fixes.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
LS1tech gives me a reality check, I'm just waiting for my Expedition to blow the F up any day now.
Well you do keep a plug kit with you don't you? You have had that problem and still defend them.........but yet say I'm bias. I can tell you this. If the spark plugs blow out of my 2500hd it's gone. So who's more bias? I will not accept that issue. It's bad enough you get spanked by a 6.0 in a comparable vehicle. What if a plug woulda blew out and shot someone in the eye during that run? You could hurt someone with that thing....lol
Old 09-10-2013, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 5.3 that shatterd a lifter

Guess that was just a fluke and didn't really happen
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...e-failure.html

What do we have here ....
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Well you do keep a plug kit with you don't you? You have had that problem and still defend them.........but yet say I'm bias. I can tell you this. If the spark plugs blow out of my 2500hd it's gone. So who's more bias? I will not accept that issue. It's bad enough you get spanked by a 6.0 in a comparable vehicle. What if a plug woulda blew out and shot someone in the eye during that run? You could hurt someone with that thing....lol
It was a $45 20 minute fix in my driveway, you are the only one that dwells on it like it's the only strand you have.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

How many LS motors have been put out? They are all good motors. Does the LS7 droping valves suck, yes Is it realy as common as 1 in 100? I find that hard to believe. GM is prob coming up with a fix right now. If they haven't already. It has become a ford guys ace in the hole. I am not hearing much of anything else bad. LS7 motors are only junk to people that got drug by one. If there is any outher problem with them I would love to here it, seriously.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lawhead

No, No, No. Cracked manifolds and shooting spark plugs are WAY more serious than catastrophic failure of a VERY expensive engine in a VERY expensive car.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Teching In

I think the point is that if you abuse the snot out of either, it'll shorten the life. I've seen 4.8s lose oil pressure & start clattering. I've seen ls1s break rockers. I've seen ls1s spin rod bearings. I've seen 6.0s spin rod bearings. I've seen an ls1 send smoke signals from the dipstick tube after shooting the dipstick out, I've seen pins get yanked out of the bottom of LS7 pistons after it got sick of the driver putting it into the limiter. 2 rods completely shattered and were never seen again following that event. Both pins were in the pan and there were no signs of oil starvation.

I'm not portraying ford as being perfect. As I said, beat the snot out of anything enough and it'll stop producing snot.

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's