Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The Ford Gt cost 3 times what the vette does.
And how much are they worth today compared to Vettes of the same years?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
it did disappear in the 70's.
I'll entertain your fanboism since my point clearly didn't stick with you before.

Also, I wasn't alive then, littlehammer, so I'd have no idea what the Mustang 2 was like.

My statement was completely relevant in this case Pontiac is my favorite GM brand but damn you make me like them a little less every day

Oh and...poor hammer.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's incredible what a 9s car these days constitutes, compared to what that meant just 10 years ago.
Yeah man! But that's what happens when ya use the air to dam' near pull ya along instead of shoving a wall of it out in front that ya have to keep shoving for a 1/4 mile.

"T O T A L - P A C K A G E"

LOL! Last time I was at the track, I showed up with a half tank. Damn near ran out of gas JUST MAKING PASSES!

I bet you could race that car for a week on a tank of gas.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 159 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
The 70s… I had a blast. But I road moto-x and drive a Toyota…

LOL! I remember one of Mom's Caddies had a "Fuel Economy" light… WHATTA A PIG.

The 70s were not kind to the car biz. These kids have no idea what SUCK really is. Try sitting in a half mile long line to get a MAXIMUM of 5 gallons of gas on your day!

But the beer was flowing and ladies… they were all ~BRAND NEW~ and that was nice.

late 90's for me--- playing bumper tag in town. wrapping ******** into hydro poles in parking lots. snatching dead water heaters from plumbing shops and punting them with a car at 50 mph. good times.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
I'll entertain your fanboism since my point clearly didn't stick with you before.

Also, I wasn't alive then, littlehammer, so I'd have no idea what the Mustang 2 was like.

My statement was completely relevant in this case Pontiac is my favorite GM brand but damn you make me like them a little less every day

Oh and...poor hammer.

it upsets me that you don't go buy a new Pontiac.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Oh and...poor hammer.
Oh… I can help ya with that: it looked alot like this: SUCK! But so did pretty much everything else. It probably had a half mile of vacuum hose in it. Of course I'm exaggerating… it was closer to a 1/4 mile.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

it upsets me that you don't go buy a new Pontiac.
I honestly would, probably, if I could for a DD. I'd sport a poncho next to my Rustang all day.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

late 90's for me--- playing bumper tag in town. wrapping ******** into hydro poles in parking lots. snatching dead water heaters from plumbing shops and punting them with a car at 50 mph. good times.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Oh… I can help ya with that: it looked alot like this: SUCK! But so did pretty much everything else. It probably had a half mile of vacuum hose in it. Of course I'm exaggerating… it was closer to a 1/4 mile.
Guess I didn't miss much!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

I see you picked the worst thing you could talk aboot...

but yes. no sound good
Sounded like he was chewing up the clutch. Also sounded like he was spinning that mother up in the 8ks… . That is one nasty heartbreaker tho'. I love the look, but I wouldn't own a red car on a BET.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

LOL! No sir… We had our things, it just wasn't cars. Key word: EMISSIONS.

Of course at THAT time, it was to keep the world from instantly turning into a ball of ice.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

80's vehicles sucked as well my first truck was an 87 chevy 305 tbi 4x4. 180 hp of fury. 0-60 was like 14 seconds. my 6.2 does the 1\4 mile in about the same truck that truck did 0-60...
Old 11-09-2013, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

I still have that truck too.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Won't argue with any of that, except to say that something caused Ford to **** the bed. If it wasn't the obvious, you tell me what it was?
There you go again with Ford "shitting the bed" by upping the hp. Did GM **** the bed when it put the LS1 in the 98 f bodies? They had 125 more hp than the Mustang at the time. By your logic they must have been going after Ferrari and Porsche since they had so much more hp than their competition. It was a natural progression in the advancement of the line for GM just like the 2013 GT500 is. Nothing more.

They've got ONE car pushing all this attention. That car has 8.1 liters of displacement on a near fully modded engine… .
Don't forget about the 5.0's outrunning the fifth gens for less money. As for the GT500 it is no where close to being maxed out from the factory. They can run 9's with bolt ons. I don't call that near fully modded from the factory.

GM has now three badges pushing world class overall performance, it has a suspension system which the Euro-peons are now lining up to license for their piles… a brand new engine, pushing an exquisitely appointed sports ride to high 11 second 1/4s in stock trim, down to the tires… >NA<, all of which enjoys a lofty 30MPG, for 60k.
Technology is a good thing.

Now tradition, as noted above, says that will all be lined up in the GM Ponies in short order.

Be honest now… do ya really believe that Chevy hasn't figured out that a bigger blower will make their lineup faster?

That they didn't run to larger blowers… does that perhaps tell ya that they're not looking to Ford for clues on the future? Do ya not think that Ford doesn't know that?

So, at the moment, the 500 outruns its would-be Pony competitor, in a straight line, along with the new base vette… so far.

I honestly can't believe that you're pinning all your hopes on this car… cause if Ford is to survive this, it won't be with this car.
I am pinning all my hopes on the GT500? I wasn't aware that I was hoping for anything, just stating facts. What is Ford trying to "survive?" They are selling plenty of cars and trucks.

My hope is that they've used this play to reposition themselves for the introduction of something new, revolutionary, in terms of the entire Ford package.

Otherwise… well, it ain't gonna be good, that's for sure.

But I gotta believe that they've got something big cooking.
Of course they have something coming down the line that will move the brand forward. Without it, they would go broke as a company and we would have to foot the bill for another company that was "too big to fail."
Old 11-09-2013, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
There you go again with Ford "shitting the bed" by upping the hp. Did GM **** the bed when it put the LS1 in the 98 f bodies? They had 125 more hp than the Mustang at the time. By your logic they must have been going after Ferrari and Porsche since they had so much more hp than their competition. It was a natural progression in the advancement of the line for GM just like the 2013 GT500 is. Nothing more.

Don't forget about the 5.0's outrunning the fifth gens for less money. As for the GT500 it is no where close to being maxed out from the factory. They can run 9's with bolt ons. I don't call that near fully modded from the factory.

Technology is a good thing.

I am pinning all my hopes on the GT500? I wasn't aware that I was hoping for anything, just stating facts. What is Ford trying to "survive?" They are selling plenty of cars and trucks.

Of course they have something coming down the line that will move the brand forward. Without it, they would go broke as a company and we would have to foot the bill for another company that was "too big to fail."
You're fighting a losing battle man.......If the Mustang 2V had a Bowtie on it these guys would fit till the death that it was an awesome platform

Just laugh and try to argue better points with them LoL
Old 11-09-2013, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
Well as the occasional shopper for a used Vette… You'd think those cars were built of diamonds and held together by platinum and gold.

Don't know jack about what the FORD GT is worth, but I can tell ya the used Vettes are holding their value nicely.

I saw an ad in the paper some months back… if memory serves it was for a 95. Guy was asking $5500. Looked like he'd dredged it off the bottom of a massive, flooded ashtray.

I don't think I said 10 words to him… just got back in my truck and went on down the road.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
You're fighting a losing battle man.......If the Mustang 2V had a Bowtie on it these guys would fit till the death that it was an awesome platform

Just laugh and try to argue better points with them LoL
the 2v modular was the dumbest engine ever made.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 2v modular was the dumbest engine ever made.
2v = 305

imo
Old 11-09-2013, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
They still sell for more then new ZR1's. Some are going for 200k. Lower end is 135k still. Most still seem to be 150k.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Well as the occasional shopper for a used Vette… You'd think those cars were built of diamonds and held together by platinum and gold.

Don't know jack about what the FORD GT is worth, but I can tell ya the used Vettes are holding their value nicely.

I saw an ad in the paper some months back… if memory serves it was for a 95. Guy was asking $5500. Looked like he'd dredged it off the bottom of a massive, flooded ashtray.

I don't think I said 10 words to him… just got back in my truck and went on down the road.

ford fanbois like to throw the "look what a used ford gt is worth" nonsense out there, but it's a completely moot point. it's simple supply and demand. they didn't build many, plus it was and still is the best car ford ever made.

if ford continued with the GT, and kept improving on it, the first ones would have depreciated like any other car.

same example, look how much an 89 turbo t\a or 73 super duty is worth over a mustang of the same vintage!

Quick Reply: 2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500