Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013 | 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I lined up against a Corvette in my old Integra once at the track. Looks like the Integra competes with the Corvette now.
Well yours did. So yeah...

Would it help if I posted up a definition for you?
Old 11-10-2013 | 10:44 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Optional as in does not come in the car unless you pay extra.....?

No sound deadening , etc I see this car being a total Flop..... I could be wrong
optional as in you can get it or not get it.

it won't be a flop. very limited numbers and it will be about as relevant in real life as the cobra R.
Old 11-10-2013 | 10:48 PM
Banned

These cars aren't Purpose built for anything but sales

They are meant for people to think that and go out and buy them....

COPO and CJ are the only "purpose built" cars
IMO
I can see that Either way im sure they are fun to and the people buying them are happy with them for the time being. The future always holds something better thats why ill never buy a brand new car and the other (the main reason) reason is because i dont want to take the big hit on the car dropping in value. rather someone else take the hit.
Old 11-10-2013 | 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by "MAC"
The Boss and the SS are not competitors. Sorry poppacapp but thats incorrect. The Boss is a track purpose built car from the factory and the SS is not. The 1LE Camaro and the ZL1 are both track purpose built cars from the factory. The GT500 is not a track purpose built car from the factory. The Dodge Viper ACR/ACR-X/ 2014 T/A Viper are purpose built track cars from the factory you see where im going with this?
Then why are people on here trying to say the 500 and Vettes are competitors?

Sure.. if I line up with one, and we race... we are competing. For that race... they were not designed from the factory as head to head cars. It just seems people are bored on here and want to debate every nuance possible.
Old 11-10-2013 | 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427zm
Yeah the DPF for Deere and Hitachi is able to get there by what they call "dosing". A little extra fuel in during combustion, burn it hotter, and presto! Emissions met. 3 weeks ago I had a meeting in Columbus Indiana at Cummins, and had the chance to see their test cells and dyno rooms. Real cool stuff. The diesel manufactures haven't been pressed as hard or as much as the auto manufactures have, but they're getting it now. All these motors are going to be ridiculous in cost going forward! Diesel motors in our equipment still has things they can do to get emissions met, but so far (and thankfully for us and the customer) they've gone the cheaper route. Cam phasing like you see in an VTEC or VVT system will be gone to eventually. This will happen after DEF fluid is used. DEF is EVERYONE'S solution for Tier 4 final.

No, Volvo Construction Equipment. Has the Navistar/Cat deal affected y'all at all? I see this becoming a bigger and bigger deal going forward. Cat typically throws enough money at something like this to make it work.

Not as of yet. Freightliner still has a sizeable market share lead in their segments.
Old 11-10-2013 | 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Then why are people on here trying to say the 500 and Vettes are competitors?

Sure.. if I line up with one, and we race... we are competing. For that race... they were not designed from the factory as head to head cars. It just seems people are bored on here and want to debate every nuance possible.
lol I know i guess its because of the HP is so close to each other. Thats my biggest argument. I completely agree with that but that doesnt make them direct competitors off the strip/road course. The gt500 has a lot of potential just like the ZL1 does, the 5.0, SS, Z06, Zr1, Z28, and any SRT8's do all in all what really matters is what the designers and engineers say what car competes with which car and unfortunately the Zl1 and the GT500 are direct competitors as much as i dont like it nor do i accept it.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

WHat won't do it? The ZL is the GT500 competitor. You built motor Z is not. Faster or not... hell if we want to talk faster, I would also take a ZR1 out if that's what you want to hear. But I am modified.
Oh…

You're modified. Bigger blower? Bored Cylinders? Things like that?
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:03 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by OVA1
Oh…

You're modified. Bigger blower? Bored Cylinders? Things like that?

it's lsx swapped.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
it's lsx swapped.
OVAs upset his 100% modified turd loses to stock cars

Nothing stock but the Block LoL
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I lined up against a Corvette in my old Integra once at the track. Looks like the Integra competes with the Corvette now.
Even the old L98s were more capable than that Integra you speak of
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by "MAC"
lol I know i guess its because of the HP is so close to each other. Thats my biggest argument. I completely agree with that but that doesnt make them direct competitors off the strip/road course. The gt500 has a lot of potential just like the ZL1 does, the 5.0, SS, Z06, Zr1, Z28, and any SRT8's do all in all what really matters is what the designers and engineers say what car competes with which car and unfortunately the Zl1 and the GT500 are direct competitors as much as i dont like it nor do i accept it.
I agree, the ZL1 and GT500 are categorical competitors… They'd also be in the same class, if Ford hadn't **** the bed and maxed out the engine and slapped on a panic blower, pushing it out of the power-class of the ZL1.

But that's old news… and there's no point in beating a dead horse.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not as of yet. Freightliner still has a sizeable market share lead in their segments.
Good. Let those bastards struggle for awhile!
11 Second Club

optional as in you can get it or not get it.

it won't be a flop. very limited numbers and it will be about as relevant in real life as the cobra R.
Yep… the Z28 is going to be a very limited production vehicle. They brought out the badge due to popular demand.

I personally think they should have badged the ZL1 as the Z28. But to have done so, they'd have had to have used the 427 and slapped on a 3L blower… which would have put the car in a higher power class. And that wouldn't have been fair to the GT500, which is, as many have noted… on its way out.

Such a thing would have been poor sportsmanship and the General just doesn't operate like that.

10 Second Club
10 Year Member

OVAs upset his 100% modified turd loses to stock cars

Nothing stock but the Block LoL
ovas car runs fine.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't like the idea of DEF for some reason, but it is inevitable.
It is. Of course, rebuilding Tier 3 equipment is an option these days. The fuel savings, savings from not buying a new piece of equipment, and lack of issues can more than out weight a new equipment purchase. We have customers choosing this route as long as the rebuilt piece is less than 50% of a new machine. Agg may be a little different, but I doubt its much different.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:16 PM
Teching In

I agree, the ZL1 and GT500 are categorical competitors… They'd also be in the same class, if Ford hadn't **** the bed and maxed out the engine and slapped on a panic blower, pushing it out of the power-class of the ZL1.

But that's old news… and there's no point in beating a dead horse.
Power class??? You've got to be ******* kidding me
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

ovas car runs fine.
Well, in all honesty the Z is presently back under the knife.

But Lloyd has the heads ready and is presently working out the Valve train. Should be back in house in a couple of weeks… Can't WAIT!

Tons of new stuff goin' on in the suspension dep't… .

Golly… As a Z28, I suppose that puts me in the same class as the Ford 5.0.

ROFLMNAO!~

I can't even finish that. Too funny.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:17 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 427zm
It is. Of course, rebuilding Tier 3 equipment is an option these days. The fuel savings, savings from not buying a new piece of equipment, and lack of issues can more than out weight a new equipment purchase. We have customers choosing this route as long as the rebuilt piece is less than 50% of a new machine. Agg may be a little different, but I doubt its much different.
I just flip yearly to stay current. trucks are different though.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Well yours did. So yeah...

Would it help if I posted up a definition for you?
You're a funny, sad little man.
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Even the old L98s were more capable than that Integra you speak of
I would certainly hope so, all it had was an axle-back exhaust.
Old 11-10-2013 | 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Power class??? You've got to be ******* kidding me
Dah… Jeese… These Ford guys have absolutely NO SENSE of Class.

(We still love ya Poppa Caps… but you gotta find a new class of friends, man)

Quick Reply: 2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500