Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0 vs Cam only C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Like I said this is a perfect example of the over hyped ls myth.
See you have it mixed up, this is truth.

Truth- the quality or state of being true.

The definiton of myth is below. I know MISSISSIPPI suffers with ed-u-ma-cation, but here you go:

Myth- a widely held but false belief or idea.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

Yup old 5.4 is junk lol dumbass
yea 5.4's are junk.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't care if it comes out of the Ford Racing or GM Performance Parts catalog, you know good and well I was talking about something other than stock. I don't care if it's a "replacement," or uses a factory casting, or if a tune isn't necessary. If it didn't come on your car, it didn't come on your car.
????? are you retarded?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
yea 5.4's are junk.

????? are you retarded?
Nope, but it's fairly obvious that you are. You can't talk up using OEM parts, and pull the "well it came from GM so it's ok" card.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Banned

yea 5.4's are junk.

????? are you retarded?
So a motor capable of making more n/a power then your precious ls6. That also has been faster then any lsx is junk lol
Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 427zm
See you have it mixed up, this is truth.

Truth- the quality or state of being true.

The definiton of myth is below. I know MISSISSIPPI suffers with ed-u-ma-cation, but here you go:

Myth- a widely held but false belief or idea.
Yes the myth that none of the older n/a modulars could hang.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, but it's fairly obvious that you are. You can't talk up using OEM parts, and pull the "well it came from GM so it's ok" card.
I bet his rear is covered in GM stickers to hide the fact that Ferd is all up in it.

Take that any way you want.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

brb joining svtp to give them a piece of my mind. notsrs
Old 01-17-2014, 12:00 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by adamantium
brb joining svtp to give them a piece of my mind. notsrs
I wish more non-Ford owners were still on SVTP, keeps the morons in check. Not as trolls though, which seems to be the current trend.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 427zm
Heater, I like you man, but that is an audacious statement. Overhyped? Well, the LS started in production cars in '97 with a top NA output of 350/345. This reached a height of 405/400 in the end of the gen III engine production by '04. In this WHOLE time ford didn't have A motor to compete with it. In '06 the LS7 came along w/ 505 NA horsepower. Ford FiNALLY created a much heavier competitor in the S/C 5.4 for the Ford GT. The 5.0 is a nice NA motor, but give GM credit here. It took Ford 13 YEARS to have an NA motor to be competitive with the GM NA offerings. Not to mention, 2013 was the first time that Fords top engine offering out powered GM's top engine offering. Even the sun shines on a dogs *** every once in awhile.

I'd say the hype wasn't hype at all. More like production.

I am flattered that you like me

Let me switch this up for you, so that maybe you see where I'm coming from. Do you think 03-04 Cobra's are over hyped?

I put them in the same category as the LS, over hyped.

Doug, in your mind you see nothing wrong with saying that my engine has no Ford parts in it. Reality is you are being condescending and trying to use the OEM angle as a way to discredit my engine.

Just so you don't jade everybody's thinking that are not as up on other cars or engines, I have built or hand my hands in several engines. Including this was a high school buddy of mine that built a budget SBF mainly using FACTORY Ford parts.

1971 model Ford 351 Windsor block
Stock football rods
Stock cast crank
Stock 4V Cleveland heads
Stock replacement TRW piston that we cut for the Cleveland valve reliefs
Hydraulic flat tappet 292 Competition can

This stock engine with a cam ended up running 11.50's in his 1981 Ford pick up truck. It was damn impressive for 1993 for a truck with a engine with so many OEM parts running that fast...oh yeah and it was his daily driver.

We put port plates in the heads to slow down the flow (they flowed too much from the factory) and it ended up running 11.20's on a borrowed set of big and little Pro Stars.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

The 5.0 is the new cobra. It beats Z06s, cobras , GT500s for the price its a great car. The ls1 and cobra hype was over when the ls3 and 5.0 came out lol.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Terminators are over hyped because those heavy bastards rarely run good for the power they make.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
The 5.0 is the new cobra. It beats Z06s, cobras , GT500s for the price its a great car. The ls1 and cobra hype was over when the ls3 and 5.0 came out lol.

LoL, I won't argue with that.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

So a motor capable of making more n/a power then your precious ls6. That also has been faster then any lsx is junk lol
Actually furd never produced a n/a 5.4 that out powered the simple pushrod ls6. It took a blower to get that done.
Yes the myth that none of the older n/a modulars could hang.
Not at all. The proof is I can go buy a k member to fit a ls into Mustang........but not the other way around.......hhhmmmmm Does that tell you anything.

You see no one goin to the junkyard and getting a 4.6 or 5.4 out of a truck and trowing some turbo's on it. Why is that??? Maybe because the will spill their guts at anything over 450whp.
Originally Posted by Guitar
I bet his rear is covered in GM stickers to hide the fact that Ferd is all up in it.

Take that any way you want.
So you gonna let me drive your heap at VMP?

Furd made a good rear in a 9'. But they did'nt make mine. It's all aftermarket like heaters engine.
Originally Posted by Heater
I am flattered that you like me

Let me switch this up for you, so that maybe you see where I'm coming from. Do you think 03-04 Cobra's are over hyped?

I put them in the same category as the LS, over hyped.

Doug, in your mind you see nothing wrong with saying that my engine has no Ford parts in it. Reality is you are being condescending and trying to use the OEM angle as a way to discredit my engine.

Just so you don't jade everybody's thinking that are not as up on other cars or engines, I have built or hand my hands in several engines. Including this was a high school buddy of mine that built a budget SBF mainly using FACTORY Ford parts.

1971 model Ford 351 Windsor block
Stock football rods
Stock cast crank
Stock 4V Cleveland heads
Stock replacement TRW piston that we cut for the Cleveland valve reliefs
Hydraulic flat tappet 292 Competition can

This stock engine with a cam ended up running 11.50's in his 1981 Ford pick up truck. It was damn impressive for 1993 for a truck with a engine with so many OEM parts running that fast...oh yeah and it was his daily driver.

We put port plates in the heads to slow down the flow (they flowed too much from the factory) and it ended up running 11.20's on a borrowed set of big and little Pro Stars.
Yea 03-04 Cobra's were over hyped. They are not bad cars, they were expensive.

Your buddy had a good combo. That's the type of **** I like to see.
Originally Posted by OneSlowV
If a 5.0 beats any year Z0 then it's safe to say the mods and/or driver is in favor of the 5.0. Not a dig at 5.0's cause I like them to.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
Terminators are over hyped because those heavy bastards rarely run good for the power they make.
They are not really that heavy. Heavier than a 4th gen, but a 4th gen would be about the same with the added weight of a blower.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

You can easily have a 4th gen as heavy as a Terminator. My fully loaded ttop TA with a 9 inch and a 4l80 weighed 3820 with me in it. Doesn't make either one of them not that heavy lol.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Not to mention his aftermarket **** he has anyway. I don't think he remembers that he has non GM **** on his car. Maybe when his drilled hood hinge snaps and pushes his face to his FAST he will see what we are trying to say.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater

Yes, like the LS's in general.

Anybody that doesn't think the LS hasn't been over hyped is letting their brand/product loyalty blind them.
Kinda like Tom Brady fans
Old 01-17-2014, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
You can easily have a 4th gen as heavy as a Terminator. My fully loaded ttop TA with a 9 inch and a 4l80 weighed 3820 with me in it. Doesn't make either one of them not that heavy lol.
I don't think you can compare oe produced cars to swapped 240's on weight though. The 4th gens/ Mustangs are what I consider average. They are kinda the norm. A fully loaded t/a is probably the heaviest of 4th gens. It's easy to get a 4th gen to 3200 or even a little less.

Guys on hear like to yak about my holes, the only ones you can see are the hinges and in the fiberglass support btw. In reality there is only about 20lb gone in holes......maybe less. And none are in the chassis.
Originally Posted by snake95
Not to mention his aftermarket **** he has anyway. I don't think he remembers that he has non GM **** on his car. Maybe when his drilled hood hinge snaps and pushes his face to his FAST he will see what we are trying to say.
Glad you used hood hinges as your escape. Didn't work for ya though. The hood hinges on my camaro are still heavier than what is on my fox. So I guess I would be the only one with a hood pushed back in my face.

Not that I'm worried. That pos carbo hood will break long before the hinges.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 01-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When has Kevin ever called his fox a "street car"

Quit making up ****....
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

241's are fine. If notch would've finished his car you might've had a hard time getting away fro a set of 241's. Last time you posted head flow #'s you did it at a lift you can't get to with the furd head.

You're a dumbass. I still have my door bars. Where do you come up with this ****?

Your not gonna go out and run a 11.8 n/a. You'll be lucky to get to a 12.8.

As I said.......*** hurt when a camaro get's near the weight of a fox. If you were smart you would do what the rest of the world is doin and put a LS in that tin can of a chassis.

Last I checked the fp'd t56 don't stop me from goin anywhere.......not even in the snow. But a set of slicks would.

Ask heater about his fp'd trans in his fox. You know the street car with no wipers.......and a Chevy hood.....lmao

I didn't cry about Heater's power. I simply made a truthful comment that he was looking for out of me.

60's????? WTF are you talking about? It took furd till 2011 to out run a ls1.

I didn't discredit it. I said what it is. There's not much ford left there. If you think the sbf is so great then you should use ford parts. I'm putting my money where my mouth is and using gm parts.

What's the plates for in the bottom of your floor?

Not very ******* good.

Not really........you would struggle with a solid full bolt on ls1.......in 2014. Last I checked it took more than a head to get down a race track.
So you're not smart by the above comments

You don't have an LS in your fox, how do you contradict yourself so much ?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Launching!

are we really arguing about mod motors vs ls motors....AGAIN?!? god this stuff gets old quick. The fact is any NA mod motor (pre new 5.0) will not hang with the LS bolt on for bolt on. When the FI topic gets brought up, its only a fact of who has the deeper pockets which is irrelevant because very few of us discussing this topic has the cash to dump into a car.

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0 vs Cam only C5Z