Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riddle0288
O ya vary true!!! Really? He just waved me next to him just to honk 3 times to say "Hi" an followed me up to 130?? Lol
its funny to my wife bought me a big rear window sticker for my car an not realy into all the stickers or trash talking on the road but might just half to put it on!!

( the only thing that runs good in a ford is the owners mouth). There's some truth to that sticker lol
I would love to run into you on the street. Not only would I run my mouth more than you could imagine, I would back it up after my POS Ford stomps a mudhole in that Camaro of yours lol
Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked up
Old 01-20-2014, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Nobody cares... People who HAD the cars at the time... did.

It's DIRECTLY from the article! I'm sure your goofy *** knows more about the car that Evan Smith was driving and writing about in 2002... today, having NEVER actually seen the car in person yourself, let alone examined it. You have an incredible knack for being a total dimwit.

Again, I quoted the article. I didn't just write something in bold. As for Bilstien, YOU said it didn't, but should've had Bilstien. The "package description" claims higher performance.

I added AN ENTIRE ARTICLE and the times are in it... The Camaro had its *** handed to it, PERIOD. Cobra ran .46 better, best vs. best, even with a missed gear...

It isn't like the Cobra didn't CONSISTENTLY run quicker, because it did indeed.

You're such a wannabe... TRYING desperately to live in the past, based on what you WANTED to have happen won't change anything. As we've all known for over a decade, the Cobra beat the Camaro silly.

Finally: If you read the article, you'll be able to see where it says the SS package on THAT car was $3,625.00(WU8 code) and $2,500.00(Z4C code) got the optional 35th Ann package. Then, if you know all you claim to know, you'll quickly be able to check with the GM "RPO" codes for those cars and then you'll be able to learn that THIS PACKAGE is listed as " "non-Chevy Mod. by SLP Engineering" and 11,191 were made(3,369 in 2002 and 1,971 like the one in the article). I got that from the site "Chevy-Camaro . com"

Looking around even more, I have seen only that, if the SS has the "High Performance Suspension," it is either Koni or Bilstein and nothing I've seen differentiates between the two.

I'm not a big SS fan personally, and never claimed to know all about them, UNLIKE YOU... Also unlike you, I took the time to check my facts against your dreams and it turns out my facts are indeed more accurate.
Originally Posted by automach1
Hiho getting owned again no wai.
Sadly though, he not only doesn't know it, but he'll just keep using his personal opinion as fact regardless.
If you 2 are to stupid to look at the pics then I have to rest my case. Yes whoever wrote the article is wrong about the options the car had.......PERIOD. Just to make it simple for you 2 idiots. Can you 2 count??? If so then look at that article and count the exhaust exit tips.

OH....you can't count....ok....I'll do it for you. The car in the article has 2 exhaust tips. The optional SLP exhaust had.....1.....2.......3.....4.......ding ding ding....we have a winner. I made it easy for you 2 dumbass's. All you had to do was pic the largest number.
(FYI) Another little fact is you could get center exit exhaust in 02 from SLP which would have had 2 large oval tips. Guess what the location of those were??????? I knew your comprehension sucked.....but damn. It's in the CENTER.

Where is the optional SLP black wing lid that was available in 02??? If you look at the pic of the engine on that car it has stock a Z28 lid.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

BTW.....only 1LE cars had koni's.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This place is infested with mustang owners!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
I would love to run into you on the street. Not only would I run my mouth more than you could imagine, I would back it up after my POS Ford stomps a mudhole in that Camaro of yours lol
Angry much?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by BODUKE
This place is infested with mustang owners!
I was thinking the same about the slo *** camero owners on here too. lol
Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
If you 2 are to stupid to look at the pics then I have to rest my case. Yes whoever wrote the article is wrong about the options the car had.......PERIOD. Just to make it simple for you 2 idiots. Can you 2 count??? If so then look at that article and count the exhaust exit tips.

OH....you can't count....ok....I'll do it for you. The car in the article has 2 exhaust tips. The optional SLP exhaust had.....1.....2.......3.....4.......ding ding ding....we have a winner. I made it easy for you 2 dumbass's. All you had to do was pic the largest number.
(FYI) Another little fact is you could get center exit exhaust in 02 from SLP which would have had 2 large oval tips. Guess what the location of those were??????? I knew your comprehension sucked.....but damn. It's in the CENTER.

Where is the optional SLP black wing lid that was available in 02??? If you look at the pic of the engine on that car it has stock a Z28 lid.
Typical... If it isn't in pictures, you have trouble with it. This is NOT 3rd grade. READ THE ARTICLE.

Then call Evan Smith an idiot, because he wrote it. Sitting there feeling like a 5 foot tall giant may impress you, but to me, you fail all around. The only point I see as a possible question mark from you is about the lid. Of course, unlike you, pictures don't make an article for me, so I read the words and generally skimmed the photos as I went.

BEFORE YOU DO, however, you may want to go back to the link I shared and look over the pictures again..

ZERO PICTURES OF THE CAMARO EXHAUST, ya clown!

Of 30 photos, NONE show of any single part of the Camaros exhaust. NOT ONE! The closest thing to the rear exhaust ANY of those pictures shows is the "SS" badge on the right rear... Who's the "dumbass" now, sports fan?

You're an absolute idiot when you get emotional. You toss facts out the window and just share your generally worthless angry opinion and make the rest of the F-body community look bad while trying to come across as some tough guy while being a pip squeak.

Ultimately, you've proven too lazy or sorry to read the article and apparently too stupid to click the correct pictures as well. Get a clue... BRO!

Let it go... or I shall taunt you for a second time!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^ Wow..remind me not to **** you off! LOL
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
^^^^^ Wow..remind me not to **** you off! LOL

I'm not pissed off... I'm just trying to make sure he pays attention... He's sitting lying to the public and telling others, including me, we're "dumbass's" and clearly hasn't got a strong clue what he's discussing.

Partly, I'm just tired of his angry nonsense. He'll go off over the internet and talk trash about anyone else and how their car should do what his does as if his is some earth shattering performance machine and it gets to a point where someone has to shut him down for awhile.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 PM
***Repost Police***

It's been years since I've read that article. Pretty amazing just how unbiased TRUE car enthusiasts can be when giving out praise and critiques, even if they do have a preference.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Angry much?
Not angry. I put "lol" at the end of it, so it is E-friendly.

lol.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

"Having driven each iteration of the fourth-gen Camaro since its 1993 introduction, the SS was quite familiar. Every good point and bad point was accounted for. On the plus side of the ledger was the jet-fighter styling and the SS package (which gives you the higher output, 325-horse LS1 with ram induction, 17-inch wheels, an upgraded suspension and a low restriction, dual outlet exhaust, among other items)." The standard Z/28 got De Carbon monotube shocks. That's the company which invented them and Bilstein paid royalties for the rights to the design till like 1977. It was purchased in phases by DELPHI, completing acquisition in 1997. Somehow, you'll just throw out there, Bilstien is better... WHY? Because you've never heard of De Carbon? I'd bet on that.
Either way, these are the very same type of shock absorber and the article clearly states that SS got the upgrade... whatever that entails.
Normally I wouldn't even bother to reply to this kind of nonsense, but god damn, you gotta search before you go spouting off such ****.
Bilstiens were an option for SS cars, they didn't come standard with the "upgraded suspension" which consisted of basically the same thing the WS6 of the same year got (2mm bigger front swaybar, and "better valved" De carbon shocks compared to base, earlier years got different springs).
The DeCarbon shocks that came on these cars belong on a truck. The valving was a joke at best, and caused the cars to handle and ride horrible compared to the optional Bilsteins or even better the 1LE Koni equipped cars. So basically if the car had the upgraded bilstein suspension (hell, just the shocks alone) it would have been a different story. If it was a 1LE car, I would bet it would be full seconds ahead, they make that much of a difference (I have them).
Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Not angry. I put "lol" at the end of it, so it is E-friendly.

lol.
It just looked like it ... vitriolic.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's been years since I've read that article. Pretty amazing just how unbiased TRUE car enthusiasts can be when giving out praise and critiques, even if they do have a preference.
Yeah and Evan may have made some mistakes, but he didn't just make things up or tell lies based on his personal preferences. A test like that one is about as honest and straight forward as we'll see. He took each of two cars, not 5 or 8, etc... 2 cars to the drag strip and a road course and drove them both on the same day, back to back to back, lapping each car numerous times. Needless to say, they were brand new cars and until his team modified them(air intake), they were stock. They even dyno tested both cars before and after the change.

It's hard to call him an idiot, but someone will always find a way...
Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Teching In

It just looked like it ... vitriolic.
No worries. I'm usually friendly
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by islander033
I was thinking the same about the slo *** camero owners on here too. lol
At least we belong here ;P
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by oChristiano
At least we belong here ;P
I was kidding dude, I like slo cameros.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by islander033
I was kidding dude, I like slo cameros.
Lol I'm aware. It'd probably be boring with out the Mustang fegs posting. Though I could do without AutoMach.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
LMFAO... let me see here... "musclemustangfastfords" must be an UNBIASED source, the nuts of which you of course immediately pick up and start hugging..... hahahahahaha

I'm cracking up over "musclemustangfastfords" ... what an incredibly ******* retarded name

Quick Reply: cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!