Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014 | 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Ok Doug, let's do a recap of the last few pages to see just how much of a flip-flopper you are. It started with a COMPLETELY REASONABLE statement about how the times of two different platforms can vary greatly; You, being the argumentative person you are, just couldn't let that stand. Keep in mind that I started this entire discussion talking about "4th gens." Never once did I specify Camaro. YOU even said "4th gens." See? There's that damn "4th gen" again. And here's the fun part; To which you replied; And then you are so hell-bent on arguing, that you make up an argument that isn't even there! Now let's see where you back-track and it comes full-circle; There are simply no words to express my opinion of you. You are a shining example of every stereotype anybody could think of for somebody that lives where you live. I am ashamed that you were a product of our country's public school system, though I would be GREATLY impressed if you graduated high school. Let's see how you twist this one around.
Ouch.
That's embarrassing for HiO.
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun
So there we have it... 1 ran 12.89 ...

That 1 you're talking about was driven by Evan Smith...

Besides that, not even Evan ever repeated that time. His best aside from that was like 13.06...
Evan piloted 2 different LS1 powered F-body cars into the 12s. Both in less than ideal conditions. Several friends of mine subscribed to MM&FF back in the 90s and I vividly remember them receiving a SHITLOAD of hatemail in 1997/1998 for running 12s in a stock Camaro and praising it.

But you are right that a stock LS1 F-body has zero chance of going 12.5, even on a sticky tire in good conditions.
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not nearly as involved in these cars as I once was. Heck, I'm not involved in them at all anymore and haven't been in 10yrs. I don't claim to know much about them, really. I do, however, read.

For the life of my, I cannot understand why he insists on making a fool of himself, but he obviously does. If only he'd read the articles instead looking for pictures... OR, he could ask questions, even of himself, so he'd be slightly inclined to examine the facts before spouting off and calling everyone who doesn't agree with him a "dumbass" or the like. You're right too, about the stereotype thing... I try REALLY hard not to go there, though it would be easy to consistently resort to doing so.
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:31 PM
***Repost Police***

They say never argue with a fool, because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience...but he can't even do that. Just like he can't admit when he's wrong. Just watch.

Edit: And for the record, I HATE HATE HATE to resort to stereotypes. But it's just so damn easy in this case, and it shows time and time again.

Last edited by Irunelevens; 01-21-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Evan piloted 2 different LS1 powered F-body cars into the 12s. Both in less than ideal conditions. Several friends of mine subscribed to MM&FF back in the 90s and I vividly remember them receiving a SHITLOAD of hatemail in 1997/1998 for running 12s in a stock Camaro and praising it.
Indeed... He did run a 98 model Z to 12's. I only meant this one on this day, but yes... he did that. He was that good at driving them and by the time this 2002 article came along, I'm certain he owned his own 4th gen.

But you are right that a stock LS1 F-body has zero chance of going 12.5, even on a sticky tire in good conditions.
Yup... Only push that to pester Hio... He gets all upset when truth doesn't specifically favor his choice. He even omits the truth to bolster his case and even changes the rules to help his cause, at any opportunity. Some would call it cheating. I call it losing.
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

They say never argue with a fool, because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience...but he can't even do that. Just like he can't admit when he's wrong. Just watch.
He did admit to being wrong... about the pictures. Kinda hard to dispute that, of course, when your main "argument" is generally BASED on pictures...
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Says the guy with no car at 12:49 in the afternoon EST.
Says the guy with the Ferd Escape at 11:33 a.m. PST... hahahahahahahahahaha

Also, I'll freely admit I don't even know what the specific argument in this thread is about, because I haven't read any of the walls of text...I'm just here because the individual behavior exhibited by our cheer section is so funny.
Old 01-21-2014 | 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

I took a dump this morning and it was light green, Looked it up, and apparently I eat too much candy.
Old 01-21-2014 | 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I took a dump this morning and it was light green, Looked it up, and apparently I eat too much candy.
That explains a lot. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2014 | 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jay z28
That explains a lot. Thanks!
I'm just glad he's always got the crap paper handy...
Old 01-21-2014 | 04:08 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

You guys got rocked....period. I know and told you the differences in the years. And yea.....not alot of weight differences. Certainly not 300lb and no gear options except for one in the auto's. The only thing you 2 had to go on was a ford mag comparison article.

Neither of you can look at the pics and decide anything for yourselves. Just a couple of bench racers.
Old 01-21-2014 | 04:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Riddle0288
Haha! Never said ford was a POS, lol u just did! An its funny that a 04 "turbo" stang pushing close to 690hp is still only a member of the 11 sec club!!! Haha
An I'm not one of thoes guys that bring up the hole force induction vs N/A thing cuz I just put a 100 shot on mine! But someone put on here few pages back "don't matter if u have all the hp an torque in the world if u don't no how to use it then it don't mean ****!"
Little do you know I've already been well into the 10s lol. I just don't care that much to go on an LS site and beg for a "10 second club" sticker.

P.S, nitrous is not forced induction.
Old 01-21-2014 | 04:25 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Turbo's car runs good these days.
Old 01-21-2014 | 04:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Edit: And for the record, I HATE HATE HATE to resort to stereotypes. But it's just so damn easy in this case, and it shows time and time again.
And then...
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You guys got rocked....period. I know and told you the differences in the years. And yea.....not alot of weight differences. Certainly not 300lb and no gear options except for one in the auto's. The only thing you 2 had to go on was a ford mag comparison article.

Neither of you can look at the pics and decide anything for yourselves. Just a couple of bench racers.
What a joke.
Old 01-21-2014 | 04:35 PM
Teching In

Turbo's car runs good these days.
12.7 at 122

Old 01-21-2014 | 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah... uh huh... you go boiiii...

You got more wrong than right, but have all the "corrected fun" you can.

You're wrong about the weight difference(according to GM, but surely you know more than even GM does, "F-bod god."

You got the exhaust issue wrong... too funny, considering you were talking about a non-existent picture.

You got the lid issue wrong, since it was merely an option that car didn't have and you claimed it would've had that if it had been to SLP.

You got the "fact" that not all SS (SLP) cars went to SLP after 2000(they ALL did).

You were even wrong about upgraded suspension they all also got.

You were wrong when you claimed the Z/28 and T/A are two different cars... Cosmetically they were, but we all know the chassis and drive train was the same in general.

Oh, I should add the fact you claimed your own was rated at 327. Again, that's just according to GM, but what do THEY know once YOU have involved yourself...

All that is just in this single thread! Yeah, you're the "f-bod god" alright... You can anytime now... ROCKER!
Old 01-21-2014 | 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Ok Doug, let's do a recap of the last few pages to see just how much of a flip-flopper you are. It started with a COMPLETELY REASONABLE statement about how the times of two different platforms can vary greatly;

You, being the argumentative person you are, just couldn't let that stand. Keep in mind that I started this entire discussion talking about "4th gens." Never once did I specify Camaro. YOU even said "4th gens." See?

There's that damn "4th gen" again.

And here's the fun part;

To which you replied;

And then you are so hell-bent on arguing, that you make up an argument that isn't even there!

Now let's see where you back-track and it comes full-circle;

There are simply no words to express my opinion of you. You are a shining example of every stereotype anybody could think of for somebody that lives where you live. I am ashamed that you were a product of our country's public school system, though I would be GREATLY impressed if you graduated high school. Let's see how you twist this one around.
******* owned.....
Old 01-21-2014 | 05:31 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Lawhead
******* owned.....
Not if you ask him.
Old 01-21-2014 | 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Not if you ask him.
Correct.

Plus, even though I personally gave him an out, you still called it... He wouldn't admit being wrong even after it was positively proven with his very own statements. HILARIOUS!
Old 01-21-2014 | 05:35 PM
***Repost Police***

What a sad man.

Quick Reply: cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!