Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014 | 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

In b4 he CRYS about the Cobra R

But boast about GMs new Z28....
Old 01-21-2014 | 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

I seem to remember that the power options for that year SS was the Blackwing lid and center exit exhaust. There was a standard 325 SS(01s and up rated that high due to LS6 intake),335HP option(catback) and then a 345HP option with CME and Blackwing. Is that correct? I seem to remember the Blackwing was optional only in 02. The lid SLP sells aftermarket is terrible compared to that lid. Hence why Blacklids go for so much coin used. Was the SLP dual dual exhaust standard on SSs or part of the 335 package?

I think Hio's argument is that was not the best SS that could be tested. I still don't think a 345HP SS could beat a Cobra by a long shot in the straights.

Last edited by Mike Morris; 01-21-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2014 | 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

He turned it into a "I know more than all" "I'm the f-bod god" argument though, so no matter what he started trying to say, he can't stay on track and with that, we'll let him fall into the holes he digs and we'll laugh about it.

The Blackwing lid was optional on 01 and 02 SS'... That's all I'm convinced of right now. I do think you're right about the 325/35/45 thing and I think there were 2 exhausts(tailpipe) for 01 and 02, but whatever...
Old 01-21-2014 | 06:19 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I seem to remember that the power options for that year SS was the Blackwing lid and center exit exhaust. There was a standard 325 SS(01s and up rated that high due to LS6 intake),335HP option(catback) and then a 345HP option with CME and Blackwing. Is that correct? I seem to remember the Blackwing was optional only in 02. The lid SLP sells aftermarket is terrible compared to that lid. Hence why Blacklids go for so much coin used. Was the SLP dual dual exhaust standard on SSs or part of the 335 package?

I think Hio's argument is that was not the best SS that could be tested. I still don't think a 345HP SS could beat a Cobra by a long shot in the straights.
He still can't understand that he contrasted the **** out of himself with the whole 4th gen. weight thing.
Old 01-21-2014 | 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Old 01-21-2014 | 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

The same dozen dipshits running there gums over and over and over about the same ****. WOW This section would be a lot better if you guys could debate without sounding so stupid. Even if your facts are real facts they don't count for **** if you take it too far. It is pretty simple actually. The Coyote is undeniably a wonderful power plant that was way too long coming. Until it got here the LS platform and the SBC before it were kicking the **** out of Ford for an unprecedented amount of time. The LS can be found in just about anything from air planes to out board motors and for good reason (unmatched power for pounds).
It still holds the bang for buck title and will for many more years. Just because you Ford fan boys finally gave something to bring to the table doesn't mean you should use it to make *** hats of yourselves, but that's a Ford guy for ya.
Old 01-21-2014 | 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by codyvette
The same dozen dipshits running there gums over and over and over about the same ****. WOW This section would be a lot better if you guys could debate without sounding so stupid. Even if your facts are real facts they don't count for **** if you take it too far. It is pretty simple actually. The Coyote is undeniably a wonderful power plant that was way too long coming. Until it got here the LS platform and the SBC before it were kicking the **** out of Ford for an unprecedented amount of time. The LS can be found in just about anything from air planes to out board motors and for good reason (unmatched power for pounds).
It still holds the bang for buck title and will for many more years. Just because you Ford fan boys finally gave something to bring to the table doesn't mean you should use it to make *** hats of yourselves, but that's a Ford guy for ya.
Kinda like the LS guys have done for years ?

LOL
Old 01-21-2014 | 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by codyvette
Thanks for joining... This conversation was NOT about the new 5L.

I won't knock the LS overall because I like it, but I will say, so far, if you're going to make seriously big power, you're probably using an LS-X or LQ block. It won't be a 2002 or earlier LS engine, to say the least.
Old 01-21-2014 | 10:08 PM
Teching In

wow, making hio look dumb again are we?
Old 01-21-2014 | 10:19 PM
***Repost Police***

It isn't difficult in the least.
Old 01-22-2014 | 03:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Little do you know I've already been well into the 10s lol. I just don't care that much to go on an LS site and beg for a "10 second club" sticker.
Well good for u, do u won't a cookie or somthing! but u car enough to log on an read about LS cars? Man ppl don't make sents.. lol
Old 01-22-2014 | 05:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Riddle0288
Well good for u, do u won't a cookie or somthing! but u car enough to log on an read about LS cars? Man ppl don't make sents.. lol

Talk about people not making sense...
Old 01-22-2014 | 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I won't knock the LS overall because I like it, but I will say, so far, if you're going to make seriously big power, you're probably using an LS-X or LQ block. It won't be a 2002 or earlier LS engine, to say the least.
More ignorance...

What does the displacement and block composition have to do with it? It's all the same Gen III architecture and completely interchangeable, and to an extent Gen IV as well. The LS nomenclature encompasses ALL of the Gen III and IV architectures! The SBC platform consists of dozens of different blocks and displacements, along with the SBF, BBC, and yes, even Ford's mod motor too. Speaking of which, "if you're going to make seriously big power" in a late model blown Cobra, you're probably using a Teksid block, which isn't a factory block in those cars - WHO CARES?
Old 01-22-2014 | 07:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
More ignorance...

What does the displacement and block composition have to do with it? It's all the same Gen III architecture and completely interchangeable, and to an extent Gen IV as well. The LS nomenclature encompasses ALL of the Gen III and IV architectures! The SBC platform consists of dozens of different blocks and displacements, along with the SBF, BBC, and yes, even Ford's mod motor too. Speaking of which, "if you're going to make seriously big power" in a late model blown Cobra, you're probably using a Teksid block, which isn't a factory block in those cars - WHO CARES?
cant tell if serious...
Old 01-22-2014 | 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

More ignorance...

Evidently... Quite evidently actually, the earlier LS series blocks can't handle the power, which is why NOBODY uses one to really make big power. People make claims about this one or that one they "know of" and it never pans out. Everyone making seriously high power has either switched to an LQ series iron block or stepped up their game big time, but nobody's running with the big dogs using an LS1 block. Apparently, block composition does matter. OBVIOUSLY displacement matters.

The Teksid block was factory equipment in the 1996-98 Mustang Cobra and the 1993-98 Lincoln Mark VIII. The part number is F6LZ-6010-AB and unlike the LS1, it actually can handle up to 1500hp(we know it's been much higher too, over 2000). That's not "late model," I suppose, but the whole point is made with the facts. The LS1 was made just a bit later than the 4.6L DOHC original and still after, but can't handle what the 4.6 can. GM didn't upgrade several times and increase displacement because the 1st rendition was the best. When Ford changed to the iron block, they did it for warranty concerns on a boosted engine and at least they went with forged internals, not just the crank.

Btw, there's at least one 07 or newer GT500, using it's original block, running well into the 8's. I don't know about quicker, but it's supposedly a street driven car, so I doubt it will ever be quicker. Even the 5L, which Ford apparently says isn't a Modular(it's definitely not interchangeable with the earlier 4.6/5.4L or new 5.8L), has run in the 8's and no aftermarket block was available at the time(still aren't, I think), so we know it's strong as well. The LS1 can't handle what those Ford blocks can, period.
Old 01-22-2014 | 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Evidently... Quite evidently actually, the earlier LS series blocks can't handle the power, which is why NOBODY uses one to really make big power. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Harlan made 1200rwhp on a stock sleeve LS6 block over a decade ago. That engine took a beating (170mph traps in a heavy car for years) and then saw daily driver duty for many more years.

If you're going to call other people out on their bullshit, GET YOURS IN CHECK FIRST.
Old 01-22-2014 | 08:49 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

This.......

The dual dual never came standard
He turned it into a "I know more than all" "I'm the f-bod god" argument though, so no matter what he started trying to say, he can't stay on track and with that, we'll let him fall into the holes he digs and we'll laugh about it.

The Blackwing lid was optional on 01 and 02 SS'... That's all I'm convinced of right now. I do think you're right about the 325/35/45 thing and I think there were 2 exhausts(tailpipe) for 01 and 02, but whatever...
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
He still can't understand that he contrasted the **** out of himself with the whole 4th gen. weight thing.
Originally Posted by Black Mare
wow, making hio look dumb again are we?
You guys are mad because I can tell you more from looking at a picture than what you dumbass's can comprehend from reading a article.

Picture says a thousand words.

With all you furd ******** complaining about the ls guys on your furd site maybe you should go back over there. I'll break it down for you retards.......you don't see me over there raising hell over dumb **** like you guys are doin over here. hhhhmmmmmm
Old 01-22-2014 | 08:58 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Harlan made 1200rwhp on a stock sleeve LS6 block over a decade ago. That engine took a beating (170mph traps in a heavy car for years) and then saw daily driver duty for many more years.

If you're going to call other people out on their bullshit, GET YOURS IN CHECK FIRST.
He don't know wtf he's talking about.

I wonder how many high hp furds still use that cheesy as screw a thingy out to the block to hold the crank in thingy? What a ******* joke that set-up is. That **** made me not even want to start my termi in my notch.

He's pissed enough about the new 5.0 blocks shitting the bed at about 800hp that he went out and bought a girl car........lmao
Old 01-22-2014 | 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Actually both of you were correct in regards to the picture. If the car didn't have the optional Blackwing lid that it would not have had the 345HP package. But it could have been a 335HPSS(catback only). We will never know. Those numbers are BS anyway since a standard Z28 was about 340 at the crank anyway maybe a tad more. Not sure how much power the lid and catback was worth on those as well. There was a suspension upgrade over the standard SS one as well. I just can't tell if car in article had it.
Old 01-22-2014 | 09:31 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Actually both of you were correct in regards to the picture. If the car didn't have the optional Blackwing lid that it would not have had the 345HP package. But it could have been a 335HPSS(catback only). We will never know. Those numbers are BS anyway since a standard Z28 was about 340 at the crank anyway maybe a tad more. Not sure how much power the lid and catback was worth on those as well. There was a suspension upgrade over the standard SS one as well. I just can't tell if car in article had it.
It didn't have the catback because in 02 it would have had the center exhaust. With that came a valance that surrounded the entire rear bumper. It could be easily seen from the side.

My car had the slp bilstien suspension. There is a large difference between it and standard SS suspension as far as control goes. This car merely had the upgraded to SS suspension which would be above Z28 suspension but not up to the SLP suspension.

Quick Reply: cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!