Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I call it junk. Do you think that 2000hp you speak of uses those with that cheesy little main cap????? Or do you think it has a nicely machined peice in there to take it's place??? You know.....similar to a ls.

I think we both know the answer to that.
The 4.6L was around 1st and a 1996 block is used in the world's quickest 4.6L powered car. So... kinda like the LS1 is like the Ford before it, just like the cylinder heads...

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Read what I said Late model blown Cobra. What 03+ Cobra had a Teksid block?
I clearly addressed this... Btw, it isn't like ANY Cobra couldn't have a blower... You didn't say 03+, but I did when I mentioned why they went to iron. Of course, they're using aluminum again.

You said LS series, correct? Is the LS6 not an LS engine?
No. I said...
Originally Posted by It'llrun
I won't knock the LS overall because I like it, but I will say, so far, if you're going to make seriously big power, you're probably using an LS-X or LQ block. [/u]It won't be a 2002 or earlier LS engine, to say the least.[/u]
We're talking about more than 1200hp, but just the same... over 800rwhp is actually more than just slightly rare. You're playing like Hio... changing things to suit your argument as you go.

Harlan (go ahead and search because it's clear you don't have a clue, maybe the name y2khawk will help ) made ~1200rwhp with that LS6. He wasn't the only one. SEVERAL other people have pushed OEM aluminum blocks past 1000rwhp.
What IDIOT would think I didn't already look???

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1-domes.../t-113451.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...hawk-pics.html <~ In case it didn't work for ya the 1st time.

Scan down till you get to his response... 810rwhp... 11/11/2003 5:23AM

That's a LONG way from 1200, at least where/when I went to skrewel.

And I'll reiterate it one more time for the slower people, like you: ALL Gen III and IV engines are considered LS engines. An example with your logic: I recently pulled a 350 based engine from my Camaro. It's not the factory 305 block. I guess that means it wasn't a SBC?
Nobody is arguing that. Regardless, that doesn't mean the LS1 is as good as the LS9... it simply isn't.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by adamantium
Why would i want to pay monthly for a mini van? srs question.
Who cares? Serious answer...

If you're so confused as to think the Escape is a mini van... no wonder you talk trash about it... Either way, you'd have to have income to make the monthly payment and I doubt unemployment benefits would cover it.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Well break is over, gotta get back to work. Not expecting some to fully understand that concept. But that's what us folks with hopped up corvettes, brand new ford escapes, etc do.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:29 PM
***Repost Police***

You guys are mad because I can tell you more from looking at a picture than what you dumbass's can comprehend from reading a article.
Come on Doug, address what I was talking about; the 4th gen weight, and how you contradicted yourself. I like how out of the WHOLE response I made to you, you pick out one little part to harp on.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Go buy a car first. Or perhaps a horse, may be cheaper.
No thanks, I own one. But thanks for your concern.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

No thanks, I own one. But thanks for your concern.
A horse? Thats f'n awesome. Lol
Old 01-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Banned

Who cares? Serious answer...

If you're so confused as to think the Escape is a mini van... no wonder you talk trash about it... Either way, you'd have to have income to make the monthly payment and I doubt unemployment benefits would cover it.

I don't lmao thats for sure you own a soccer mom van. lmaoooooooo

I guess owning a prius is cool to aslong as its a new car. New cars are cool, payments are cool, reassuring ones self about someones life is cool over the internet. You are so cool bro.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Banned

A horse? Thats f'n awesome. Lol
Im a guajiro bro, umirin?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

I guess owning a prius is cool to aslong as its a new car. New cars are cool, payments are cool, reassuring ones self about someones life is cool over the internet. You are so cool bro.
Wow wow wow... speak for yourself mang.

Im a guajiro bro, umirin?
Haha... you wish i was.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Some of the **** you say is just.... wow.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No. I said...
Post 195 you stated: Evidently... Quite evidently actually, the earlier LS series blocks can't handle the power, which is why NOBODY uses one to really make big power.

LS series... includes the LS6.

We're talking about more than 1200hp, but just the same... over 800rwhp is actually more than just slightly rare. You're playing like Hio... changing things to suit your argument as you go.
There are probably a dozen different LS1/LS6 block cars that have eclipsed 1000rwhp, most of which are combos built YEARS ago. What did I change?

What IDIOT would think I didn't already look???

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1-domes.../t-113451.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...hawk-pics.html <~ In case it didn't work for ya the 1st time.

Scan down till you get to his response... 810rwhp... 11/11/2003 5:23AM

That's a LONG way from 1200, at least where/when I went to skrewel.
He went over 170mph at 3400lbs. You think 800rwhp got him there? That car made ~1200rwhp with a stock block, stock crank, and 317 casting heads. You need to search more, your knowledge is lacking.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

I call it junk. Do you think that 2000hp you speak of uses those with that cheesy little main cap????? Or do you think it has a nicely machined peice in there to take it's place??? You know.....similar to a ls.

I think they keep the factory main caps. The only mod I know that they do, is when running a power glide, they have to use a support for the thrust bearing, due to the Power glides design it pushes on the thrust bearing causing premature wear and failure.

So do WE really both know the answer to that?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Post 195 you stated: Evidently... Quite evidently actually, the earlier LS series blocks can't handle the power, which is why NOBODY uses one to really make big power.

LS series... includes the LS6.
Clues are still free... GRAB ONE! I was responding to you in post 195. You had 1st responded to post 188, which is where I established the ones I was talking about. I apologize for not realizing I'd have to spell it out for you all over again.

There are probably a dozen different LS1/LS6 block cars that have eclipsed 1000rwhp, most of which are combos built YEARS ago. What did I change?
Sure, sure... It's your story... Tell it how ya wanna...

He went over 170mph at 3400lbs. You think 800rwhp got him there? That car made ~1200rwhp with a stock block, stock crank, and 317 casting heads. You need to search more, your knowledge is lacking.
He said what he said and at that time, the car had not run as quickly as it ended up running. You said "over a decade ago" and I responded that his car, considered to be the fastest at the time in the LS world, had not made 1200hp that far back. According to him, I'm correct and you're incorrect. Or are you going to say he's a liar now in some stupid attempt to prove me wrong?

Before you go crazy again, I'll tell you that in the link I added, he said he couldn't keep building boost because he was losing fuel pressure and wasn't sure if that was due to the alternator or the pump.

Maybe the following season, it was all sorted out and he made 1200hp... That wouldn't be over a decade ago.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Teching In

I think you are talking **** about engines you know very little about.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
***Repost Police***

317 heads are just like 243s w/ a larger combustion chamber, right?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

Wow wow wow... speak for yourself mang.

Haha... you wish i was.
umad.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Riddle0288
Well good for u, do u won't a cookie or somthing! but u car enough to log on an read about LS cars? Man ppl don't make sents.. lol
Holy Christ. Go away.
I joined to post in SRK only. I have plenty of videos proving my stuff. Not some fairy tale.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah anyway, a cast 4.6 block can hold plenty of power as well...Teskid is obviously the preferred since it is proven and lighter.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mr. e

He talks about a lot of things and acts like he knows a lot about them and in reality he knows very little. It's sad because some of these guys on here don't know any better and hang on every little word he says

Can't say I've ever come across someone that states his opinions as if they are facts, like Hio does.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I think they keep the factory main caps. The only mod I know that they do, is when running a power glide, they have to use a support for the thrust bearing, due to the Power glides design it pushes on the thrust bearing causing premature wear and failure.

So do WE really both know the answer to that?
Originally Posted by mr. e
If either one of you think those shitty little cast iron main caps are gonna hold 2000 hp then you need a new hobby........other than that I'm sure tey are stock bottom ends

Quick Reply: cam ls1 vs gt500 super snake!?!?!