Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1's still got it......

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
You know how when grown folks are talking and a little kid tries to join the conversation?

You're that little kid.
being 24 is being a little kid? and btw several pages back i posted something also and cant help it that I dont care to be on here every sec of my life....
Old 02-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Is there something wrong with letting someone else drive you car? 1. I wanted to see how bad I was ******* up. 2. I wanted to see what the car vs my eror.
IMO yes. I have 0 respect for people that brag about their car, yet they had nothing to do with the accomplishment. YOUR name is on the title, not someone else's. And the driver plays a huge role. This isn't exactly directed towards you.

However this is...The fact that you said "I wanted to see how bad I was ******* up" means you think the key to your car running as good as it did was because of Hiho driving. I don't know how bad of a driver you are but IMO Hiho isn't the best driver.

But that's just me.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by "MAC"
being 24 is being a little kid? and btw several pages back i posted something also and cant help it that I dont care to be on here every sec of my life....
I'd love to be 24 again. Then again the age old sayin.. if I knew then what I know now...I'd probably have an STD or my dick would have fallen off.........so worth it!

-Mark
***Repost Police***

butt hurt much?
Not even the slightest bit. At all.
Mentally.
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Valve covers never been off and has no speed holes.

Hell, when it went into the 10's it didn't even have light weight wheels on it...that's right, it ran 10's on the factory rims.
I asked clearly about the black car. Whos the one wanting not to disclose? And you say I was? C'mon Kevin what do you have to hide? Atleast I draw you guys a picture when im asked
Old 02-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
IMO yes. I have 0 respect for people that brag about their car, yet they had nothing to do with the accomplishment. YOUR name is on the title, not someone else's. And the driver plays a huge role. This isn't exactly directed towards you.

However this is...The fact that you said "I wanted to see how bad I was ******* up" means you think the key to your car running as good as it did was because of Hiho driving. I don't know how bad of a driver you are but IMO Hiho isn't the best driver.

But that's just me.
it would be different if I hadnt done all my own work. I took the car to the track to see what it was capable of. I have zero respect for cars that are bought not built. I drove good enough to out run a mach1 that e.ted 11.60 to hios 11.9 in my car. Thats on the street without the 300 ppl watching. It is what it is. The work and parts I put into the car is what got it to that e.t. I possibly could at a track without so many ppl. But couldnt get it too that day. And I was wrong it had m and h on it on that pass. When I take the car to the dragstrip I want to see what its capable of. Someone else drove it that day too and hio got the best time out of it
Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Not even the slightest bit. At all.

Mentally.
lol...I guess thats why i still act half my age most of the time

If you and others havent notice idgaf i say stupid **** yes but sometimes i mean what i ask no matter how dumb it may be. i live by it doesnt hurt to ask and if you dont know something then ask
Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 PM
***Repost Police***

it would be different if I hadnt done all my own work. I took the car to the track to see what it was capable of. I have zero respect for cars that are bought not built. I drove good enough to out run a mach1 that e.ted 11.60 to hios 11.9 in my car. Thats on the street without the 300 ppl watching. It is what it is. The work and parts I put into the car is what got it to that e.t. I possibly could at a track without so many ppl. But couldnt get it too that day. And I was wrong it had m and h on it on that pass. When I take the car to the dragstrip I want to see what its capable of. Someone else drove it that day too and hio got the best time out of it
What did YOU run?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Teching In

12.30 something. Mid to high 30s I think. I need to eat a xanax next time and ill do fine lol. I have a pretty shitty anxiety disorder. The past few years its been bad. I use to do good in my fox cars. But that was 04-07. And ive fell apart every time out since. I didnt go at all this past year. This year I have a stalled auto. And before you bitches start I went auto because they leave better on the street. But it cant hurt my ******* up the last few yrs lol
Old 02-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What did YOU run?
If you take off .1 for the weight difference between us hes about .3 faster than me.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

I asked clearly about the black car. Whos the one wanting not to disclose? And you say I was? C'mon Kevin what do you have to hide? Atleast I draw you guys a picture when im asked

Funny how nobody on here wants to talk about the Black Car and you are all of sudden so interested in it.

My Black Car isn't some kind of record holder or constantly used in arguments on here, so no real need to disclose much about it.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Funny how nobody on here wants to talk about the Black Car and you are all of sudden so interested in it.

My Black Car isn't some kind of record holder or constantly used in arguments on here, so no real need to disclose much about it.
sure it is, I brought it up and I asked.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should've given it to idontrunelevens guy knows everything.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

12.30 something. Mid to high 30s I think. I need to eat a xanax next time and ill do fine lol. I have a pretty shitty anxiety disorder. The past few years its been bad. I use to do good in my fox cars. But that was 04-07. And ive fell apart every time out since. I didnt go at all this past year. This year I have a stalled auto. And before you bitches start I went auto because they leave better on the street. But it cant hurt my ******* up the last few yrs lol
nothing wrong with an auto man I have one. if drag racing is your thing it just makes sense to have one IMO considering no human can shift faster than a manual. Also why do you freak out? who cares if they watch you messing up is what they are laughing at. Hell I suck but f it your not going to get better if you dont practice.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is the thing that gets me about you. And I want to say this in the nicest way possible because I really do not have a problem with you. I think it is sad what you did. You basically let Hiho spend your money. You can deny this all you want and that is fine because in the end it doesn't matter one way or the other. But as soon as my Mach 1 with bolt ons started stirring the beehive here comes a guy that is close to Hiho with a "bolt on LS1" that runs at the track. You run the same clutch as him (wasn't it even his?) that no one else would run. Hell you even claimed you had to get used to it and stalled it out alot. I have driven a Supra with a mini disc clutch and it was a pain in the ***. I stalled it out 4 times and I would consider myself a good driver. No way I would put that **** in a DD! You let him do his typical drilling holes all through the car to make it more light weight. And in the end HE drove a bolt on LS1 that HE built, not you. He played you so he could try to save face against my car. That is my opinion on the whole thing and always has been. I think it was sad...Its a shame I didn't follow through with my plan. Woulda shook this place to the core. And VERY few knew what I was brewing.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Teching In

nothing wrong with an auto man I have one. if drag racing is your thing it just makes sense to have being 6e IMO considering no human can shift faster than a manual. Also why do you freacomfo? who cares if they watch you messing up is what they are laughing at. Hell I suck but f it your not pring to get better if you dont practice.
Part of its that many ppl watching. The fear of ******* up with ppl watching. Then bang I **** up lol. The other issue is being 6,5 260 in a helmet my heads all up in the roof with helmet and its hard to get comfortable to feed the car clutch etc.its hard to feel what the cars doing when ur like a sardine. Thats probly why I did better in a fox. They have more head and leg room.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Oh boy this turned into a **** storm. Someone beat me to the Artic's using a new name. Don't worry I know of two others he is using too.

Nice to see you back Kevin. Hope you are well.

First of all about LS1 F bodies in the 11s with bolt ons at near stock weight....yes it can be done. Its just you get to the point where most guys rather go with heads/cam due to cost and what you get back. Price a Mamo ported 102,EWP,Vacum pump and the hassle of converting to speed density and you see why most people go with cam etc....

Hio and Nathan will tell you anything that is done to their cars. JUST ASK THEM. Geez. And yes most people do bring up Hio's car and get butt hurt about it. My disagreement with them is that they post its easy to get one in the 11s with bolt ons near full weight. That is very misleading and not cake walk.. You have to have a decent amount of mods to do it at full weight and if its a stick you need a rear most of the time,good air and good driving.

LS1 Fbody has advantage stock(top end) and with mods the gap increases compared to the Mach in terms of average street mods. In terms of cost and labor the Fbody has the advantage. Everyone accuses Snake and Irun11s of being Ford guys but they would agree on that(Not sure why Greg is considered a Ford guy when he is a Vette fanatic but what ever). Does that make someone having a Mach the owner of the wrong car? Of course not.

Timeslips in the middle of summer with bolt ons with stock wheels,sway bars on,spare tire in and close to stock weight:

Added LS6 intake,bigger MAF and a big lid. Not much gain...

Added 373s,carbon fiber ds,V6 sway front sway bar,SS hood and ported TB. This is at 75/80 and that day air was **** during the summer

My car was close to stock weight-HOWEVER carbonfiber driver shaft,UMI Panhard rod,Headers(they deleted air pump and egr),SS hood,under drive pulley were all lighter than stock pieces. Trans had a bigger pan so little weight gain there due to extra fluid as well as fluid in the rear from the girdle. My car is a B4C hardtop with no speakers in trunk area or CD changer in rear so its light(power windows,cruise,power seat,rear defogger options). My car had mistakes and with these mods(Kmember,light weight battery,Light weight oil baffle,EWP,Ported Fast 102,more stall,bigger headers,1.8 rockers,02 wheels,Hoosier drag radials) added I am sure low 11s would be had at around 119MPH. Again for that amount of money you can have heads/cam and be faster. That is why you don't see many close to maxed out bolt on cars.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the thing that gets me about you. And I want to say this in the nicest way possible because I really do not have a problem with you. I think it is sad what you did. You basically let Hiho spend your money. You can deny this all you want and that is fine because in the end it doesn't matter one way or the other. But as soon as my Mach 1 with bolt ons started stirring the beehive here comes a guy that is close to Hiho with a "bolt on LS1" that runs at the track. You run the same clutch as him (wasn't it even his?) that no one else would run. Hell you even claimed you had to get used to it and stalled it out alot. I have driven a Supra with a mini disc clutch and it was a pain in the ***. I stalled it out 4 times and I would consider myself a good driver. No way I would put that **** in a DD! You let him do his typical drilling holes all through the car to make it more light weight. And in the end HE drove a bolt on LS1 that HE built, not you. He played you so he could try to save face against my car. That is my opinion on the whole thing and always has been. I think it was sad...Its a shame I didn't follow through with my plan. Woulda shook this place to the core. And VERY few knew what I was brewing.
Did you not even read anything that was being said about notch's car? You guys are some serious selective readers.

Notch has a spec, hio has a tilton clutch with an auto flywheel.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Teching In

my spec clutch was nothing like his button. Do they weigh the same? Yes. Hio never drilled a thing on my car ive sait 10 times the three things he touched. He made a fiber glass piece for the piping of the ram air. I used his old intake. I could have bolted a fast on and made a little more. So where do you illiterate people get that he built my ******* car???? He never touched the engine trans or drilled a single hole. Wtf
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Reason why Adam and Hammer back up Hio is because they asked him everything about his car for ideas on their on car over a long period of time. Adam for a while wanted to go light and stay bolt ons which some people want. If you see Hio's car in flesh its not hacked. It can be driven anywhere though like I said I am not sure about the tranny which we argue about. If he ever ran heads cam or ran at a real track there would be a **** storm

Quick Reply: Mach 1's still got it......