Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam only SS vs bolt on pullied tuned 03 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They don't change the stock h/c **** on those cars because it don't make much difference.......not because they are so great. The only thing you can really do is keep shoving air through it via artificial insemination. ......lmao

That is incorrect. The stock cams are not that good even with the stock blower. Reason owners don't usually correct it is cost and amount of labor compared to a tb,air intake pipe and of course a bigger blower with fuel.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then wtf ever made you like a ford?......oh that's right.....you get rid of the furd in the ford.

If that is really your idea of great then you should love my bolt-on ****. Hell you should have wood for all LS stuff the size of the Empire State building.
What made you like Ford stuff so much Hio? I mean the LS1/6 heads are damn near a copy of Yates' SBF designed heads. HA ha ha!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Oh right. Camaro LS1s are ALL "underrated" now that's ricer math. Even at 350hp it loses the ricer math game.
you're also using the lowest rated 5.7 ls just to prove your moot point.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Then wtf ever made you like a ford?......oh that's right.....you get rid of the furd in the ford.

What made me like Ford's were they were faster than GM's, better build quality and the owners usually were not pompous ***'s
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mustang had insanely good build quality, some guys will say "they are exotics". Let me tell you mustangs blow most other exotics in terms of build quality out of the water. 2nd to none.

Last edited by adamantium; 03-25-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
What made me like Ford's were they were faster than GM's, better build quality and the owners usually were not pompous ***'s
Yes this ^. they also don't look like hill billy hand fish
Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Runs NON-GM:
intake, driveshaft, clutch, tranny internals, rear end (that's a Ford and injectors are probably Ford ), wheels, water pump, underdrive pulleys, rockers, seats, hood, but still has the ***** to talk about manufacturer-specific parts on another car
Well just look at it like this then.......You could have all of that and aftermarket heads/cam and **** in your bottom end and still not be as fast.....lmao......welcome to furd

BTW....I have gm injectors....have been 11.1 on the stock rear(with gears), rockers, seats, hood. Only thing changed in the trans is the sycro's....ot lack there of.

Good luck getting there with a t5....lmao
Yeah the LS1 is such a well engineered and efficient engine. Must make crazy hp per cubic inch.

I'll let you do the math genius:

N/A dohc ford 281ci-320hp
Gods LS1 346ci-325hp

Soooo well engineered Chevy!!!!
Originally Posted by big hammer
as soon as the ricer math comes out you automatically fail as ricer math has zero practical value.
Does ricer math have a *** value?
Originally Posted by big hammer
plus the ls1 is 350 hp, and the ls6 5.7 is 405 hp.
Yep....pretty well known that ls1's will make 400hp on a engine dyno too.
Oh right. Camaro LS1s are ALL "underrated" now that's ricer math. Even at 350hp it loses the ricer math game.
Yes it does.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
That is incorrect. The stock cams are not that good even with the stock blower. Reason owners don't usually correct it is cost and amount of labor compared to a tb,air intake pipe and of course a bigger blower with fuel.
It's very ******* correct..... You have to think they may gain about 40~hp with cams. Now take into account that it is getting air FORCED threw it. Not exactly ground breaking **** goin on there.
Originally Posted by Packy
What made you like Ford stuff so much Hio? I mean the LS1/6 heads are damn near a copy of Yates' SBF designed heads. HA ha ha!
So yates designed a head better than ford....so has everyone else.

I like there new **** real good. There old **** was ****.
Originally Posted by Heater
LOL...this coming from your pompous ***??? Jesus christ man you even make stupid *** butt hurt comment about me on fb.

Better build quality????lmao.... How's that t5 working in your black car? Floor crack in that pos yet? I know you have battle boxes or the rear would've actually fell out.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mavn
Nah... 1st lol his car is fast as ****
This is the best quote of the thread. OP admits cobra is fast as **** and earlier that he lost by a few cars. Ford hating commences. LS1tech FTW
Old 03-25-2014, 11:26 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

This is the best quote of the thread. OP admits cobra is fast as **** and earlier that he lost by a few cars. Ford hating commences. LS1tech FTW
His car is fast as **** lol it takes a blower, DOHC, Full bolt-ons and tune to barely beat my budget 15/8 headers, stock injector cam only ls1 lol.... Give me a blower, kooks 17/8 headers, 3" ypipe, intake and tune and I'll put down 650 hp MINIMUM..on a ohv engine lol...
Old 03-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Teching In

His car is fast as **** lol it takes a blower, DOHC, Full bolt-ons and tune to barely beat my budget 15/8 headers, stock injector cam only ls1 lol.... Give me a blower, kooks 17/8 headers, 3" ypipe, intake and tune and I'll put down 650 hp MINIMUM..on a ohv engine lol...
Can I be part of the crew that helps you pick up your bottom end off the street?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Good luck getting there with a t5....lmao
seems to be no problem......... hit the info button. if that don't work here it is from the corral....http://forums.corral.net/forums/8129390-post7.html
http://www.streetfire.net/video/bpas-black-coupestock-t5_38639.htm
Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now don't start this nonsense...be better than that. That argument is just as ridiculous as Ford guys whining about a 60 some odd cubic inch deficit. Both cars run very well, neither of you have anything to be ashamed of. Again, good run.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Yeah the LS1 is such a well engineered and efficient engine. Must make crazy hp per cubic inch.

Gods LS1 346ci-325hp

N/A cobras lol. Retard in 96 when the ls1 came out(as a 97 model year in the c5) Ford just came out with their brand new 2v 4.6 with 215 horsepower.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Teching In

What are you talking about gods engine? Cobra guys think their engine is dipped in gold and made by god himself.... $25k average for a ******* 10 year old car thats just a normal mustang gt with irs, stronger internals, and a s/c. But it has the magical SVT badge? Lmao. So let's ask a sh!tload for a car that's nothing special. They're dyno queens and only good for highway rolls.

2 guys snapped their halfshafts tonight, someone got it on video. I'll post for ***** and giggles. For how much they cost on the used market they are a joke. Yes F body's have weak rear ends but the owners aren't asking $20-30k for them.

Guys over at SVTP have a circle jerk thread on their engine in the members only part, i kid you not.

Last edited by 4PointSlow; 03-26-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Can I be part of the crew that helps you pick up your bottom end off the street?
At a measley 650 hp I hope you have plenty of time to wait for it to blow up....
Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
What are you talking about gods engine? Cobra guys think their engine is dipped in gold and made by god himself.... $25k average for a ******* 10 year old car thats just a normal mustang gt with irs, stronger internals, and a s/c. But it has the magical SVT badge? Lmao. So let's ask a sh!tload for a car that's nothing special. They're dyno queens and only good for highway rolls.

2 guys snapped their halfshafts tonight, someone got it on video. I'll post for ***** and giggles. For how much they cost on the used market they are a joke. Yes F body's have weak rear ends but the owners aren't asking $20-30k for them.

Guys over at SVTP have a circle jerk thread on their engine in the members only part, i kid you not.
I paid less than 20k for mine with 50k miles, Whipple, Cams, Full exhaust, Beefed up IRS 2 sets of wheels etc...

My car does pretty decent on the track too for being a stock T56, IRS car...
Old 03-26-2014, 03:51 AM
TECH Resident

Hope you like watching grass go. You'll be doing a lot of it waiting for it to blow..
Old 03-26-2014, 03:55 AM
TECH Resident

Gods LS1 346ci-325hp

Never mind the fact LS1s were underrated and most put down more to the wheels than that N/A 4 valve made at the crank..
Old 03-26-2014, 06:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by flash0080
seems to be no problem......... hit the info button. if that don't work here it is from the corral....http://forums.corral.net/forums/8129390-post7.html
http://www.streetfire.net/video/bpas...k-t5_38639.htm
t6's....ftw
Originally Posted by 4PointSlow

Their prices are ridiculous. They were higher new also. Ford guys think that **** is platinum when they get something that run even just half way decent.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

t6's....ftw

Their prices are ridiculous. They were higher new also. Ford guys think that **** is platinum when they get something that run even just half way decent.
Aren't you trying to sell your Mustang for over 20k?

If it's not worth it why would you try to sell it for that much?

Quick Reply: Cam only SS vs bolt on pullied tuned 03 cobra