Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some runs with bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some runs with bikes

Weather was finally good enough here in ohio to get out and have some fun. First race was with a built motor busa and a bmw 1000. The bmw had a hard time keeping the front end down. The second race the busa spun on the hit and I spun going into second and had to let out.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:41 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice runs. Details on the car?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Nice runs. Details on the car?
thanks... its an Erl 408 with a gt5518, th400, 9inch with a 3.00 gear
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Teching In

Nasty
Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

S1000RRs don't **** around. Nice race.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

busa had no clue what gear to be in
Old 03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Your car is very very fast, but you're racing against idiots. That s1000rr should not be lifting the front wheel period. It has an anti wheelie control. That busa just spins and spins and spins. Needs to back off the throttle on the hit and slowly but quickly buils momentum. And I'm 100% sure that s1000rr was clutch shifting and that's why the front wheel jumped up 900ft on him. Classic idiot out on fast bikes with no clue how to ride them.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioz
thanks... its an Erl 408 with a gt5518, th400, 9inch with a 3.00 gear
How much power?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The second I saw jeans and sweatshirts on the riders I knew they would lose due to lack of skill.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where at in ohio? area looks to be around where im at? tell your boys to sell there bikes before they get killed, honest that cat cant ride for ****, fast car though ,even racing no skilled riders its still impressive
Old 03-25-2014, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

car runs good.

Not your job to coach challengers.

**** em.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
Your car is very very fast, but you're racing against idiots. That s1000rr should not be lifting the front wheel period. It has an anti wheelie control. That busa just spins and spins and spins. Needs to back off the throttle on the hit and slowly but quickly buils momentum. And I'm 100% sure that s1000rr was clutch shifting and that's why the front wheel jumped up 900ft on him. Classic idiot out on fast bikes with no clue how to ride them.
I was wondering the same thing myself, re: the s1000rr keeping the front wheel down. Dude almost looped it! Maybe he turned the traction/wheelie control off? Not sure if you can do that with the s1000rr, but I can with my '11 10R. Agreed with the rolling on the throttle approach.

Sick car btw!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04CEZO6
I was wondering the same thing myself, re: the s1000rr keeping the front wheel down. Dude almost looped it! Maybe he turned the traction/wheelie control off? Not sure if you can do that with the s1000rr, but I can with my '11 10R. Agreed with the rolling on the throttle approach.

Sick car btw!
Yea, it's very similar to the gen 4 zx10.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

fast car you got there..and faster bikes
Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL...

The S1000rr does not have "wheelie control".... It has traction control that has different levels of intervention, along with that it detects a difference in wheel speed before the front and rear wheel... It will kill the power when there is too much variance in wheel speeds in the when using the "Rain, Sport" modes... In "Race" mode it will allow you to ride a bit longer wheelies before it intervenes... In "Slick" mode, there is basically no intervention, and it has the strongest power and most aggressive throttle response.... In Race or Slick mode it will loop you so fast its not even funny... Most people always ride in Slick mode because there is so much better throttle response/power.

There is no wheelie/angle sensors or limiters... An S1000rr will check you real freakin quick.

The busa in the video was straight up blowing the tire off in 2nd/3rd...

The OP has a fast car for sure though... Nice kills..
Old 03-26-2014, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MN_V
The second I saw jeans and sweatshirts on the riders I knew they would lose due to lack of skill.
lol i always assume the same thing here
Old 03-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
LOL...

The S1000rr does not have "wheelie control".... It has traction control that has different levels of intervention, along with that it detects a difference in wheel speed before the front and rear wheel... It will kill the power when there is too much variance in wheel speeds in the when using the "Rain, Sport" modes... In "Race" mode it will allow you to ride a bit longer wheelies before it intervenes... In "Slick" mode, there is basically no intervention, and it has the strongest power and most aggressive throttle response.... In Race or Slick mode it will loop you so fast its not even funny... Most people always ride in Slick mode because there is so much better throttle response/power.

There is no wheelie/angle sensors or limiters... An S1000rr will check you real freakin quick.

The busa in the video was straight up blowing the tire off in 2nd/3rd...

The OP has a fast car for sure though... Nice kills..
Shhhhh, cause you look real dumb. Full power in sport mode with dtc. Will the system cut throttle if the front wheel rises and the rear wheel maintains traction? Yes. What the **** else will you call it?

Wheelie Control - In Rain and Sport modes, lean angle sensors and the ABS sensors can tell the ECU that the front wheel is in the air (it slows down relative to the rear wheel and the brakes are not applied). After a set number of seconds, or according to set maximum wheelie angles for each Mode, the ECU reduces the throttle slightly to bring the wheel back on the ground.

http://www.moto123.com/print_article.spy?artid=116129

Last edited by Tracked350Z; 03-26-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Teching In

^ Agreed. It's technically called traction control, but it does act as a form of "wheelie control" since when you wheelie, your front tires are moving at a lower rate of speed than the rears, and the system detects it, and pulls power. Same with the 10R.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Shhhhh, cause you look real dumb. Full power in sport mode with dtc. Will the system cut throttle if the front wheel rises and the rear wheel maintains traction? Yes. What the **** else will you call it?

Wheelie Control - In Rain and Sport modes, lean angle sensors and the ABS sensors can tell the ECU that the front wheel is in the air (it slows down relative to the rear wheel and the brakes are not applied). After a set number of seconds, or according to set maximum wheelie angles for each Mode, the ECU reduces the throttle slightly to bring the wheel back on the ground.

http://www.moto123.com/print_article.spy?artid=116129
First off... I ****** own one. I know how it works and how it reacts.. When the DTC intervenes, it is abrupt... Can it help keep you from looping in the lower end modes (rain, sport)? YES.. Do you actually ride in those modes? NO... Throttle response is drastically reduced in sport mode.. No one is going to ride in Sport mode unless they are a beginner rider. The DTC. Intervention KILLS power, if it did intervene in a race situation, once it cut power you're done....its gonna slow you down to the point where it's not even like you're on the throttle...The DTC Is pretty much useless in performance situations.. Ride one in Race mode or better yet Slick mode and see how well that works ya..

So.. Talk out you're *** some more...

Back on track for the OP... Nice kills.. Any idea how much power your car makes or what it weighs?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Teching In

^ In race or "slick" mode, you are basically turning traction control off, correct? I think we all agree that turning it off wouldn't prevent wheelies / looping it in anyway. Judging by the guy in the video, he would have done better had he had it on sport mode.

Quick Reply: Some runs with bikes