Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madmike9396
thread is full of BUTT HURT on each side.

With as bias as you are, that means it's 90% GM butt hurt, 10% Furd butt hurt
Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thread is full of BUTT HURT on each side.
lol.

seriously tho, ive owned 2 t/a's and a camaro, great cars, great motors. now i drive a 14' 5.0 though and love it. i wont talk **** on ls1's, i grew up on them. but thats the thing tho, i grew up on them. now modern technology is making 4cyl rice boxes and econo-cars that are making over 200hp from the factory, V6 models of other cars that are pushing over 315 HP from the factory. the ls1 is rated at 300-350hp from the factory depending on who you talk to on here apparantly. i prefer to go with an even 325. so youve got a 5.7l V8 that is making just 10HP more than a modern V6 motor found in todays mustang and camaro models. And the new 5.0's are rated at 420HP from the factory and the new V8 camaros a little more, the challengers and chargers as well. point is, modern muscle is in the 400+ from the factory era. back in the day you could take an ls1 off the line and run a 12.9-13.4 depending on your DA and driver. and in that era, it was very good and ls1 did reign king. nowadays however, lets take a stock 5.0 (sorry i havent witnessed and 5th gens stock beating this time so dont get butthurt.) ive seen a stock 5.0, automatic BTW (oh no curses an auto car being fast?) go 12.53 @112 trap. ive even seen ones with DR and ORX/tune go 11.8's. now personally i dont know any ls1 that does DR, tune and ORX only and goes 11.8. people want to talk **** and all but reality is we are moving on from the ls1 motor. not the lsx motor in general, but the ls1. and one day we'll all look back on the new 5.0 and be like its time to move on from that too. now quoting what one guy said earlier, STOCK VS STOCK, yes the 5.0 is faster. im sure some will argue with that saying "i rape 5.0's all day" theres always one guy but w/e. but one the flip side of that is how many of us keep our cars stock? we all buy these cars and we mod them till they blow up. so yea, you can take a T/A and modify it and beat the hell out of a 5.0. or you can mod a 5.0 and rape a T/A. or you can go all troll status and throw a jet engine in a ford windstar for all i care. honestly in the end its all personal preference and as long as your happy with it, F*ck the haters man, haters gonna hate.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
lol.

seriously tho, ive owned 2 t/a's and a camaro, great cars, great motors. now i drive a 14' 5.0 though and love it. i wont talk **** on ls1's, i grew up on them. but thats the thing tho, i grew up on them. now modern technology is making 4cyl rice boxes and econo-cars that are making over 200hp from the factory, V6 models of other cars that are pushing over 315 HP from the factory. the ls1 is rated at 300-350hp from the factory depending on who you talk to on here apparantly. i prefer to go with an even 325. so youve got a 5.7l V8 that is making just 10HP more than a modern V6 motor found in todays mustang and camaro models. And the new 5.0's are rated at 420HP from the factory and the new V8 camaros a little more, the challengers and chargers as well. point is, modern muscle is in the 400+ from the factory era. back in the day you could take an ls1 off the line and run a 12.9-13.4 depending on your DA and driver. and in that era, it was very good and ls1 did reign king. nowadays however, lets take a stock 5.0 (sorry i havent witnessed and 5th gens stock beating this time so dont get butthurt.) ive seen a stock 5.0, automatic BTW (oh no curses an auto car being fast?) go 12.53 @112 trap. ive even seen ones with DR and ORX/tune go 11.8's. now personally i dont know any ls1 that does DR, tune and ORX only and goes 11.8. people want to talk **** and all but reality is we are moving on from the ls1 motor. not the lsx motor in general, but the ls1. and one day we'll all look back on the new 5.0 and be like its time to move on from that too. now quoting what one guy said earlier, STOCK VS STOCK, yes the 5.0 is faster. im sure some will argue with that saying "i rape 5.0's all day" theres always one guy but w/e. but one the flip side of that is how many of us keep our cars stock? we all buy these cars and we mod them till they blow up. so yea, you can take a T/A and modify it and beat the hell out of a 5.0. or you can mod a 5.0 and rape a T/A. or you can go all troll status and throw a jet engine in a ford windstar for all i care. honestly in the end its all personal preference and as long as your happy with it, F*ck the haters man, haters gonna hate.

nice life story
Old 04-19-2014, 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Heater
With as bias as you are, that means it's 90% GM butt hurt, 10% Furd butt hurt

maybe 60/40 LOL
Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 AM
TECH Junkie

I personally don't hate the 5.0. I actually think ford got it semi right this time. they make good power with bolt ons from what ive seen. I don't see any BOLT ON F body making 400 or more to the wheels from just BOLT ONS.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice life story
thanks brah its worth a read for those that love long posts lol

I personally don't hate the 5.0. I actually think ford got it semi right this time. they make good power with bolt ons from what ive seen. I don't see any BOLT ON F body making 400 or more to the wheels from just BOLT ONS.
true story
Old 04-19-2014, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

I personally don't hate the 5.0. I actually think ford got it semi right this time. they make good power with bolt ons from what ive seen.

So you just admitted that you are biased against everything else Ford, just not the new 5.0?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

So you just admitted that you are biased against everything else Ford, just not the new 5.0?
Yea pretty much LMAO I like some Saleens and the Terminators

Just depends on what vehicle were debating.

I like a few vehicles in each brand
Old 04-19-2014, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Yea pretty much LMAO I like some Saleens and the Terminators

Just depends on what vehicle were debating.

I like a few vehicles in each brand
I really like the looks of the '99, '01, '02 Cobras. Thinking I might even get one for a cheap toy. But I'll likely get quickly bored of it. From the C5 to that is a big step backwards. Very indecisive at the moment.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

LoL, your height and sense of humor are both challenged

You are officially out of any consideration for Hio's Crew
This guy loves me......where the little heart smiley guy.....lmao
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Notice how I said back in the day - you know, when you couldn't go a single thread without saying "I ran 11@130 in a bolt on LS6"

You've gotten a bit better
We if I recall someone else usually brought up my car .....and would then create a ring of bs that I would have to straighten out. Remember how the would post my mods in every other post??? lol.......Now they bring up notch's car. Like this guy below.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Now it's all about cobranotch's old car
Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
Yeah but Heater wants to talk about his "supercharged 4v v8" of course it's going to be fast. Let me put a nice whipple on mine, set the PSi to be the same and see how that goes of course with me having an aluminum block it would probably blow up
Yea he likes to forget it's got a bigger blower on it. He definitely don't want the appropriately sized blower on your car to compare it to at the same psi. That would be a complete blow out.
With as bias as you are, that means it's 10% GM butt hurt, 90% Furd butt hurt
Fixed it for ya.
lol.

I like the new 5.0....have said it many times. Although I feel that they have only caught up til 2002 engine/power wise with a very slight edge. I'm speaking just bolt-ons of course. Ultimate n/a power is still all LS.

Boosted power don't really matter to me. That becomes more of a function ofwhat size blower you want and how long you want it to last.
Everything before the new 5.0 was junk. Let's face it.....furd guys don't even like 2v's or 3v's much and if those sucked then that just made a 4v barely adequate. That left under performing gt500's (until 2013) and termi's. Termi's did ok, to me they are more impressive than the gt500's. But they were and still are a MUCH more expensive car that only performed a little better. You guys found out quickly that you needed even more boost.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

the ls1 is rated at 300-350hp from the factory depending on who you talk to on here apparantly. i prefer to go with an even 325. so youve got a 5.7l V8 that is making just 10HP more than a modern V6 motor found in todays mustang and camaro models.
Wait, do you seriously think the LS1 found in the Fbodies are really much different than the LS1s found in the C5s?

GM marketing! Save the Vettes!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This guy loves me......where the little heart smiley guy.....lmao

We if I recall someone else usually brought up my car .....and would then create a ring of bs that I would have to straighten out. Remember how the would post my mods in every other post??? lol.......Now they bring up notch's car. Like this guy below.

Yea he likes to forget it's got a bigger blower on it. He definitely don't want the appropriately sized blower on your car to compare it to at the same psi. That would be a complete blow out.

Fixed it for ya.

I like the new 5.0....have said it many times. Although I feel that they have only caught up til 2002 engine/power wise with a very slight edge. I'm speaking just bolt-ons of course. Ultimate n/a power is still all LS.

Boosted power don't really matter to me. That becomes more of a function ofwhat size blower you want and how long you want it to last.

Everything before the new 5.0 was junk. Let's face it.....furd guys don't even like 2v's or 3v's much and if those sucked then that just made a 4v barely adequate. That left under performing gt500's (until 2013) and termi's. Termi's did ok, to me they are more impressive than the gt500's. But they were and still are a MUCH more expensive car that only performed a little better. You guys found out quickly that you needed even more boost.

That's butt hurt over load right there
Old 04-19-2014, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Wait, do you seriously think the LS1 found in the Fbodies are really much different than the LS1s found in the C5s?

GM marketing! Save the Vettes!
This... Rated 310hp and I made 324rwhp (FRA). Those 300hp v6 cars must put down similar numbers.

While the LS1 he was talking about is certainly hurting a little bit, I've seen 1/8 mile times for stock A6 5.0s ranging from 8.0-8.4.
There is a reason his 5.0 would destroy his ls1 and it's pretty obvious.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 04-19-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
This... Rated 310hp and I made 324rwhp (FRA). Those 300hp v6 cars must put down similar numbers.
Must be a factory freak!

While the LS1 he was talking about is certainly hurting a little bit, I've seen 1/8 mile times for stock A6 5.0s ranging from 8.0-8.4.
Curious what the ole 5.bros can do with tune only and a drag wheel setup (you know, tires worth a damn unlike the factory ones)
Old 04-19-2014, 03:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Same guy that ran an 8.0x factory stock A6 (12.3x 1/4) ran an 11.9x tune-only, and I believe 11.8x w/ drag radials.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

That's butt hurt over load right there
Not at all. But it probably butt hurt you since all your junk is pre 5.0.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Not at all. But it probably butt hurt you since all your junk is pre 5.0.
Why would I be butt hurt, all my pre 5.0 junk is faster than you, hell, it's faster than 90% of the people in SRK.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I love my fox
Old 04-19-2014, 05:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Why would I be butt hurt, all my pre 5.0 junk is faster than you, hell, it's faster than 90% of the people in SRK.
But you spent $13.72 more than you could have with another car/setup!!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Time slips or video or it didn't happen Brah !!

Quick Reply: ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote