Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

True dat Brah!!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GTOs get as much hate as LT1s on here lmao!

They 5.7 Goat wasn't much of a performer, but the 6.0 was a nice all around car. Way better interior then the Fbomb, that's for sure!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
So what is a properly set up bolt on Fbody? GTO?

You don't have any experience with a GTO or you would not make such a stupid post. Remove fuel rail covers and check for ripped or frayed line which is common and replace with braided line. Add radius rod bushings,strut mounts and GForce anti-wheel hop axles . Put a Fast 102,102 NW TB trimmed to clear an EWP on a LS2 Goat along with a Vararam or Svede otrcai. Add 1.8 rockers with springs. Long tube headers along with catback of choice. Stock shifter sucks replace it. Stock clutch is heavy as is ds. Replace both-if not on budget carbon fiber ds or one piece from Gforce. Get at least 373s but 390s will work well(I can't remember the gear ratios for these-something along those lines) Get the car tuned by a great tuner on the street.

You now have a car that would demolish your claimed future et and MPH with your catfish with no seats in it. And we have not even done weigh reduction in the Goat. On the highway you would get DEMOLISHED as well.

Get some experience with cars before bashing them
Well said
Old 05-13-2014, 08:13 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
True dat Brah!!
He mad!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Besides, why should we compared it to the LS3 anyway? Why not compare it to the 327... The only really close GM engine in cubic inches... I know why just as well as you do... The Ford trounces that similarly sized GM offering and always has.

My point has, yet again, been made... Each has its advantages and though you and others don't like to admit the truth about it, Ford does just fine in this "war" of engines.
Hey im just going to leave this here for you, looks like you need to be reminded how irrelevant displacement comparing is.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!! I think that's the first time you've posted those pictures this month!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe that I'm having to defend a GM car...to a GM guy. Makes no sense.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bolt on fbodies are the fastest cars evar!!!!!!11!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Guitar
Nope just faster than you!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:30 AM
Teching In

and its still going...
Old 05-14-2014, 06:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic
and its still going...
Did you ever get a rematch with that GrandPrix that spanked you?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

The 6cyl version was turbocharged and the 5.4L was N/A, right? ... the hp difference (favoring the 5.4L) was only 5 and the turbo helps juuuuuust a little with hp and torque...

It wasn't sold in America... so what? I made it clear that you were wrong again and wasn't talking about where they sold it(primarily Australia). It matters because you claimed it never existed.
It was not sold here......that means it don't exist in this country and I don't live in another country. How does it even matter? There could be a multitude of reasons it was not sold here.
Ahhh... So, as usual and expected, once you realize it DID BEAT OUT the 1st engine you claimed it didn't, now you wanna, AS ALWAYS, change the parameters to give the advantage to your choice...
Fact is you brought a engine years newer to the table and I compared one of the same year.....and you lost as usual.

It's typical of you, but if you do that, who in their right mind can seriously defend the insistence that the 2003 Cobra cannot be compared to the 2002 Camaro SS? Nobody, but you've been doing that for YEARS!
One had a starting price of $21k......the other had a starting price of $34k. I don't really consider any two cars comparable when one costs 61% more than the other. The fact that their performance numbers are comparable speaks volumes about the cheaper car.
Besides, why should we compared it to the LS3 anyway? Why not compare it to the 327... The only really close GM engine in cubic inches... I know why just as well as you do... The Ford trounces that similarly sized GM offering and always has.
Why not compare it to the 327...aka 5.3? It was never made as a performance engine. It was and is a pick up truck engine. Compare a 5.4 pick up truck engine to a 5.3.......compare the 4.6 pick up truck engine to a 4.8. You will fine that you will lose out very quickly.
My point has, yet again, been made... Each has its advantages and though you and others don't like to admit the truth about it, Ford does just fine in this "war" of engines.
Not really....they got their assed waxed till 2011.......so your point was you lost again.
We know that because each time you lose, you change the participants, the rules, the... parameters in attempt to make the GM look best. HOWEVER, if it's all about the power, as you're showing here (after all, the 2008 LS3 didn't exactly go into a Camaro and neither did the LS2), Ford does have this 5.8L Modular in the 2013 GT500 that makes just 662hp... WHERE YOU ATTTTTT!!!!
So lets see.....you claim I'm the one that changes the "rules" yet you bring a engine into this that was not available in this country in car it came in was not available in this country.......lol....

Yep furds got a good 5.8 now. It's about time the gt500 performs well after all those years of underperforming.
Yr after yr, they DROP prices to sell off the excess stock. That really wasn't the case with the GTO. Much like Corvette, they just sold them as normal.
So they sell all of all the models just like I said....thank you

Look in the nearest large mirror... the point is on top of your head...
When I look in the toilet I see you.

Not to mention that the GTO is simply, far and away, a much, much, much better overall vehicle. The interiors are not at all comparable, even if we're not remembering that the GTO offers rear leg room and rear hip room. The lighting, dash, seats... all much better.

The ride comfort... That's day vs... day on the rocks... GTO!

Not to mention the upgrades nobody told you about before you bought the car...

I just wonder how you're going to feel when you realize the car has mods you weren't aware of and your "upgrades" don't do as well as you had planned.

The argument is simple... you're fool of **** and just don't know it.
Yep Gto was a nicer car.......as I expect it or any other car to be that was not designed in the early 90's.
Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Hey im just going to leave this here for you, looks like you need to be reminded how irrelevant displacement comparing is.

That bottom pic is mine. Irun14.2 said I did optical delusions to make the furd look bigger than it is......lmao
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Guitar......smh
Old 05-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

This one line had me laughing so hard, I peed on my foot. You say some funny ****, man!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

One had a starting price of $21k......the other had a starting price of $34k. I don't really consider any two cars comparable when one costs 61% more than the other. The fact that their performance numbers are comparable speaks volumes about the cheaper car.
And yet the lowly 5.0 gt is compared here daily to the Corvette.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
And yet the lowly 5.0 gt is compared here daily to the Corvette.
But that goes into the GM's favor, you can't expect him to peak around that ******* laying on his eye lids for more than a second or 2 can you?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:02 PM
***Repost Police***

Wtf is an "optical delusion?"
Old 05-15-2014, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
You're an idiot. My car dyno'd only 328 whp after a tuneup and cheap $70 mods like a ported ebay ported tb, etc. It dyno'd 282 whp stock with 130k mile plugs and wires.
Of course... Sorry kid... What WAS *I* thinking??? Here I am, not remembering you'd get 46 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER by doing a tuneup and adding a used, purchased from Ebay ported TB...

What that really means is, your pile of **** was really a pile of **** when you got it...

what mods are you talking about? It had stock suspension, engine, rear end, exhaust, everything when I bought it.
Of course... You're the GURU and you know all things LS1 F-body... except most things...

Originally Posted by Puck
GTOs get as much hate as LT1s on here lmao!

They 5.7 Goat wasn't much of a performer, but the 6.0 was a nice all around car. Way better interior then the Fbomb, that's for sure!
Then again... the Yugo was competitive there...

Originally Posted by Guitar
NOW I get it! ... Oh.... NOW I get it!

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Oh... NOW I get it!

You realize he's got an F-body, right?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Banned

It's safe to say Hiho is optical delusional.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by automach1
It's safe to say Hiho is optical delusional.
I was gonna leave this alone... but it's just too funny... and before long, the delusional will become disillusioned and then he'll be REALLY confused! ... ... look it up HoHo...

Oh yeah... you again... Time for me to laugh...
It was not sold here......that means it don't exist in this country and I don't live in another country. How does it even matter? There could be a multitude of reasons it was not sold here
This, of course, is you... back peddling as usual when you're proven wrong, which is more often than not. Saying it didn't happen... ENCOMPASSES EARTH, idiot... We live on EARTH, not "BUMFUCK VIRGINIA!" You may as well say... "Man has never gone to the moon!" because, after all, it didn't happen in America... Ya backward ***!

As always, flapping your **** sucker and then being educated... and then changing the approach... and flapping the **** sucker some more... Most often, it's you starting this garbage, not someone else. You just easily get confused and before long, you're believing that it's the other way around... truly, you're a confused individual who doesn't think facts matter unless they help his argument...

Fact is you brought a engine years newer to the table and I compared one of the same year.....and you lost as usual.
You said it NEVER .... there was no "except in this year" connotation when you began... backward ***... AS USUAL, you're stepping off, having been smashed by FACTS. Move along, backward ***.

More of the same... "SINCE MY CHOICE CANNOT WIN.... I'll change the rules!" That's what BASKWARD ASSES and morons do... backward ***... moron.

It's HILARIOUS though, that you have NO trouble bringing up, as you did here... COMMA... the Corvette(post #563)... Yet when your argument falls to ****, you IMMEDIATELY start offering the reasons for failure, which you think are sound... In fact, you started this crap off by comparing the 5.4LDOHC to the LS6 - - - Corvette engine(post #491) ..BACKWARD ***!

PS... The 2002 Camaro SS did NOT have a starting price of 21k... I don't care where your brain was... Simply stated, that's false. Not to mention, for the $33,460 starting price of the 2003 Cobra, you got things not even available on any F-body of the day, regardless of price. To get close to as much, you'd have to spend the same basic money, within a few hundred dollars... and you'd STILL have your *** handed to you...
Why not compare it to the 327...aka 5.3? It was never made as a performance engine.
Don't bother looking NOW, BACKWARD ***, but yes, the 327..,aka 5.3 was in fact, offered as a performance engine... It still is... BACKWARD ***! Only as P/N 19244096 ... for a bit over $5,000.00... US... Of course, that's only GM's part number and GM's listed price... WHAT THE HELL do they know???? BACKWARD ***!

It was and is a pick up truck engine. Compare a 5.4 pick up truck engine to a 5.3.......compare the 4.6 pick up truck engine to a 4.8. You will fine that you will lose out very quickly.
I'll "fine" that, will I???

Oh, of course... the 4.6L probably always made less than the 4.8L, but the 5.4L was offered @ 310hp with 365 lb-ft torque for years... the 5.3L got as much as 315hp and I'm not sure the 5.3L ever truly beat that torque... who am I'm kidding, it wasn't even close and the 5.3L lost. It was quicker though... in truck drag racing!

You may be interested to know that Ford had this 380hp version of the 5.4L in a pickup truck... Not that it matters... BACKWARD ***!

Not really....they got their assed waxed till 2011.......so your point was you lost again.
Really? So tell us, oh great mass of Ford knowledge... when did Ford offer the 500hp Shelby GT500? Plus, if they got beaten so badly, why was it the F-body and not the Mustang that was CANCELED in 2002??? I'm just a little confused on the facts... please enlighten me... BACKWARD ***!

So lets see.....you claim I'm the one that changes the "rules" yet you bring a engine into this that was not available in this country in car it came in was not available in this country.......lol....
YOU... YOU brought it up, DUMMY! Not anyone else... Just... THE BACKWARD *** HILLBILLY **** FROM VIRGINIA! You crack me up... You're so damned CONFUSED that you can't even remember what you've said...

I didn't bring up a car at all... "atoll" for you to understand... YOU mentioned the engine and what it "never did" and I proved you wrong... Because, unlike you, I already know you're a backward ***, rather uneducated and ignorant fool!

Yep furds got a good 5.8 now. It's about time the gt500 performs well after all those years of underperforming.
Yes... Like 2007 through 2010... when it ALSO BEAT EVERY GM PONY CAR EVER OFFERED TO THE PUBLIC!... dummy... No, buffoon, it isn't my fault that you couldn't afford to buy enough F-bodies to keep them in production...

So they sell all of all the models just like I said....thank you
No... They sell them just like *I* said... largely marking prices down... They didn't do that with the GTO like most cars... not to say none was marked down, but in general.

Then, when you go outside to poop, you see... that mirror I mentioned...

Don't try to mentally best me... You'll never be there. :flip:

Yep Gto was a nicer car.......as I expect it or any other car to be that was not designed in the early 90's.
... The GTO was on a chassis from the 90's, to be sure... as a slightly enlarged Omega B chassis.

That bottom pic is mine. Irun14.2 said I did optical delusions to make the furd look bigger than it is......lmao
I'm not sure what an optical delusion is to you, but okay... whatever...

As for the pictures... Congratulations! You know how to take a picture... Where's the impressive part? For that matter, are you now turning this into a "But the Modular engine takes up more space between the fenders!" argument??? Because nobody's saying otherwise...
Old 05-15-2014, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Of course... Sorry kid... What WAS *I* thinking??? Here I am, not remembering you'd get 46 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER by doing a tuneup and adding a used, purchased from Ebay ported TB...

What that really means is, your pile of **** was really a pile of **** when you got it...

Of course... You're the GURU and you know all things LS1 F-body... except most things...

Then again... the Yugo was competitive there...

NOW I get it! ... Oh.... NOW I get it!

Oh... NOW I get it!

You realize he's got an F-body, right?
The 281 whp was on a portable dynojet at a pep boys dyno day, it was 105 degrees out and since i had 2.73s they wouldnt do a 3rd gear pull to 160... only 2nd to 100ish. So i took that with a grain of salt.

My car is 1 owner and was never raced and had been well taken care of. How else do you think it runs so good for 150k miles?

As I have posted 20 times for you.... I did 315 whp with a drivability tune using my evosport wideband and we(tuner and I) dialed in the afrs(ended up being accurate and the sniffers numbers were the same on the dyno), 328 after dyno tune. So most realistically 300-305 whp before I had any tune. My cats had 130k miles on them during that initial dyno run as well and were clogged and/or becoming clogged I assume....

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.