Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Lmao at all this
Then someone wants to use the outside dementions of an engine to justify it's displacement because it loses
Loses? Loses what?
hp/l is ricer math, plain and simple. Whats more important, weight and location of the engine relative to the car (lower in the car and closer to the center for better weight distribution), or the volume of the cylinders?

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if the mod motor was a GM creation it would be the bees knees and if the LSx platform was a ford platform (which well it basically is) it would be dog **** , I just don't get the brand blind fan boys.....
False. Gm guys would be waiting for the day the boat anchor mod motor goes out of production. Both the Camaro and Corvette would have been bigger and considerably heavier due to the said boat anchor, while being underpowered like the pusstang was.
As for the fanboy talk, no Mustang guy on here should even be thinking those words, none the less typing them. You guys took the time to join a GM forum to post failing arguments time and time again in the street racing section trying to defend the pusstang and making some of the most pathetic excuses Ive ever read.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol at you two following lawhead's logic.

Can you imagine if the ls series was a furd? It woukd be the bee's knees........oh wait.......thats right furd finally showed up with a n/a engine that runs and you do think it's the bee's knees.
The LS architecture IS the bee's knees. No one here has debated that. We just understand that there are other products out there from different manufacturers that are quite excellent as well. It's a big world out there bud, open your eyes.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Loses? Loses what?
hp/l is ricer math, plain and simple. Whats more important, weight and location of the engine relative to the car (lower in the car and closer to the center for better weight distribution), or the volume of the cylinders?

False. Gm guys would be waiting for the day the boat anchor mod motor goes out of production. Both the Camaro and Corvette would have been bigger and considerably heavier due to the said boat anchor, while being underpowered like the pusstang was.
As for the fanboy talk, no Mustang guy on here should even be thinking those words, none the less typing them. You guys took the time to join a GM forum to post failing arguments time and time again in the street racing section trying to defend the pusstang and making some of the most pathetic excuses Ive ever read.
If it's ricer math, then why is GM going through all the trouble to improve their design and make it more efficient for it's given displacement? Better call GM and tell them they're wasting their time
Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
The LS architecture IS the bee's knees. No one here has debated that. We just understand that there are other products out there from different manufacturers that are quite excellent as well. It's a big world out there bud, open your eyes.
May want to tell your buddies to take your advice.
They joined a GM forum to argue for a mustang after all...

If it's ricer math, then why is GM going through all the trouble to improve their design and make it more efficient for it's given displacement? Better call GM and tell them they're wasting their time
Increasing hp is not ricer math, increasing hp without adding weight is not ricer math, comparing two engines by hp/l is ricer math. Do I really have to spell this out for you???
If you have engine A and B making the same power and torque:
Engine A is more displacement, but lighter and smaller
Engine B is less displacement but heavier and larger, making it higher up in the engine bay and further away from the center of the car.
Put them both in the same exact car, which one will have better all around performance?
HP/L means nothing, HP/weight and physical size is what you want to compare for performance.
When you add mods to your car and increase hp, are you going faster because you make more hp/l or because you make more hp/weight?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HP/Pound has a much larger bearing on performance then HP/Liter. GM wins there for sure.

GM is trying to improve their designs because, unlike us, they are not focused solely on performance. Trust me, a factory 500ci smallblock with even just a modest cam would blow away any performance goals they set for a production car. It would get abyssmal MPG though, causing higher taxes, less market appeal, and making an expensive commuter.

Displacement was and still is King. You can make up some of the difference with boost and RPMs, but when it comes down to it if you do the same thing to the larger motor it will make more power and have better manners.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao at all this

First a guy proves himself wrong in an article he posted himself

Then someone wants to use the outside dementions of an engine to justify it's displacement because it loses

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if the mod motor was a GM creation it would be the bees knees and if the LSx platform was a ford platform (which well it basically is) it would be dog **** , I just don't get the brand blind fan boys.....
But its ok that ford as 4 times as many cams? Its ok that ford mod motors can rev higher? If anything those cancel out the pathetic displacement argument and im giving two reasons to your one...
Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Puck

Displacement was and still is King. You can make up some of the difference with boost and RPMs, but when it comes down to it if you do the same thing to the larger motor it will make more power and have better manners.
This is what ive been saying for the BBC engines!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

I realize this.....and it's why I like the new 5.0. 3v's are poo.......open your eyes. If you like Mustangs trade that pos off on a 5.0 and sell the 3v to a girl. Make a great girl car.
LOL.......this is a stupid post.
HP/Pound has a much larger bearing on performance then HP/Liter. GM wins there for sure.

GM is trying to improve their designs because, unlike us, they are not focused solely on performance. Trust me, a factory 500ci smallblock with even just a modest cam would blow away any performance goals they set for a production car. It would get abyssmal MPG though, causing higher taxes, less market appeal, and making an expensive commuter.

This dude speaks the troof!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
SHHHHH!!!!!!!! The F-bodies were really the cat's ***! They disappeared because...because Aliens.

Hio, wanna compare total sales since the beginning of the Mustang to the total sales of the Camaro? Firebird?

Facts suck. Suckity suck suck

Edit: Here's 93-01, the glory years when HiO was jacking off to a picture of a catfish in Car & Driver, I couldn't find 02:

MUSTANG/CAMARO sales

93: 114,228/ *39,755
94:*123,198/ 119,934
95: 185,986/ 122,844
96: 126,483/ 66,827
97: 100,254/ 95,812
98: 170,642/ 77,198
99: 126,067/ 42,098
00: 218,525/ 45,417
01: 155,162/ 29,009
(01 production stopped May 2001. 2002 had a lengthy run)

Total 1965-2001: 7,899,556/ 4,821,768

For the release of the 03 model year for the Camaro, GM used the same technology as James Bond's DB9 Vanquish, however due to technical difficulties, the vanishing technology could not be turned off once it was turned on
That's including the firebird numbers right?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Increasing hp is not ricer math, increasing hp without adding weight is not ricer math, comparing two engines by hp/l is ricer math. Do I really have to spell this out for you???
Engine B is less displacement but heavier and larger, making it higher up in the engine bay and further away from the center of the car.
Put them both in the same exact car, which one will have better all around performance?
HP/L means nothing, HP/weight and physical size is what you want to compare for performance.
When you add mods to your car and increase hp, are you going faster because you make more hp/l or because you make more hp/weight?
Both.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Lmao at all this

First a guy proves himself wrong in an article he posted himself

Check the date on the article... There is far more information out there than that article but I don't have the time to scrape it all up (a lot was posted here, but most was over at cz28)... That article was one of the first revelations... other stuff came out after the contract was voided and the gag order was lifted.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Teching In

This is just stupid. So the 20 hp/inch that a coyote has over an LS3 is overshadowed by the engine weighing 12 pounds more? Got it...
Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Teching In

If you're so concerned about 40 extra pounds higher up in the car, hey the **** did you get a car with t-tops? Extra weight at the very top of the car is the WORST place to have it if we're going by your logic. Y'all are just being kinda foolish at this point. Bottom line, power/displacement IS important, anything that you state to the contrary is simply opinion. This isn't me being biased or ricer or whatever other title that you're going to label me with. It's a fact. I'm not in any way saying one motor is better than the other, just that one is doing more with less. Jesus.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by "MAC"
But its ok that ford as 4 times as many cams? Its ok that ford mod motors can rev higher? If anything those cancel out the pathetic displacement argument and im giving two reasons to your one...
You're a flaming retard.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I realize this.....and it's why I like the new 5.0. 3v's are poo.......open your eyes. If you like Mustangs trade that pos off on a 5.0 and sell the 3v to a girl. Make a great girl car.

LOL.......this is a stupid post.
You're a stupid post...

This dude speaks the troof!
Nowhere...ever...ever, ever, ever did I say displacement wasn't king. Point being...take two engines...one making 80 hp/ci, one making 60 hp/ci. Give them equal displacement. Which one would you take?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:26 PM
***Repost Police***

The main thing I've gotten from this discussion was that if you bought an SS instead of a Z28, apparently you're a moron...?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

HP per liter is some honda fan boy ****. The coyote and the 4v are great motors. What's the issue here?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sw07gt
HP per liter is some honda fan boy ****. The coyote and the 4v are great motors. What's the issue here?
No issue. Other than the fact that nobody here is willing to accept the concept that volumetric efficiency is important. Why do you ask? Lol.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Banned

You're a flaming retard.
Lol im retarded for bring up facts like you and other ford guys bring up hp/ci? Just think about that one for a second...

I even gave you an out but you wouldn't take it so who is retarded again? That be you, considering the higher rpms you can go the more hp you'll make hence why ford, lambo audi r8 etc... has small displacement engines making a lot of power.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sw07gt
HP per liter is some honda fan boy ****.

No issue. Other than the fact that nobody here is willing to accept the concept that volumetric efficiency is important. Why do you ask? Lol.
So your agreeing that your a honda fan boy?

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.