Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014 | 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gt4urass

Nowhere...ever...ever, ever, ever did I say displacement wasn't king. Point being...take two engines...one making 80 hp/ci, one making 60 hp/ci. Give them equal displacement. Which one would you take?
But in this case they dont have equal displacement...
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Nope, they don't. Which one is more efficient though?
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

I don't compare the vette to it really. It simply thrashes the Mustang in every way. How is it comparable?

LOL at all this dumb ****.

BTW a z28 started @ $21k........essentially the same car as a SS, same engine, trans, rear, interior. Is anyone gonna help ITdontrun say a 2v gt is any where even near the same car as a Cobro? Different engine, trans, rear, interior.
Blah blah blah, LITTLE SISTER... The facts remain, no matter how stupid you act...

The Z/28 wasn't being discussed... SS was specifically stated. I just looked it up anyway and the 2002 Z/28 started @ $22,830... the SS was several thousand more... up to more than 35k... anyway, WHAT did you get for the other thousands? Same engine... same transmission. At least in the case of the Cobra, you GOT something worthy of discussion...

What I wonder with you is, how can such a fathead utilize so little brain? It's hilarious... you pick and choose the facts you want like a lunatic Democrat(not that you are one)... while the rest of the world suffers ALL of them alike...

If the 2002 Z/28 was "essentially the same car," then why does the SS draw so much more money per sale today???? Because, like it did back then, the SS COST MORE... Like back then, the Z/28 was more popular... like the Cobra vs Mustang GT back then...

Who's at fault that GM chose the same engine in their Camaro Z/28 and SS? ME? YOU? The GM dude you're blowing??? Nope... GM! Don't hate the player, little one... HATE THE GAME!

You should go back and re-read your posts, his, and HoHo's on the topic(here) and you may have a different take.

To get a handle on the differences in question, let's go big... LS9 vs 5.8L Ford.... Both supercharged... Look at the cubic inch difference and yet. the smaller engine makes more power. It has to do with MANY things, but ultimately, it's just pretty easy to make big power when you have that much airflow capability. High rpm, massive airflow - power.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:16 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

the z\28 had essentially the same powertrain. the SS had all the knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bones.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:16 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Nope, they don't. Which one is more efficient though?
lolzizzy.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:20 PM
Teching In

Need more 5.0 content in here.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by It'llrun

You should go back and re-read your posts, his, and HoHo's on the topic(here) and you may have a different take.

To get a handle on the differences in question, let's go big... LS9 vs 5.8L Ford.... Both supercharged... Look at the cubic inch difference and yet. the smaller engine makes more power. It has to do with MANY things, but ultimately, it's just pretty easy to make big power when you have that much airflow capability. High rpm, massive airflow - power.

It'llrun thats wht ive been trying to explain to gt4urass. Is that Ford builds ohc engines that can rev higher than GMs ohv engines he doesn't get that. Which is one of the reasons why it makes the same if not more power than GMs ohv engines. Hell you irun11s, snake95, mike etc have all told me this in the past to include others. I figured gt4urass would have known this guess not. What you quoted from me is when i told him that he is tryn to make the displacements equal and they aint. Ford doesn't have to because they use a different approach which works obviously.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
lolzizzy.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:35 PM
Teching In

It'llrun thats wht ive been trying to explain to gt4urass. Is that Ford builds ohc engines that can rev higher than GMs ohv engines he doesn't get that. Which is one of the reasons why it makes the same if not more power than GMs ohv engines. Hell you irun11s, snake95, mike etc have all told me this in the past to include others. I figured gt4urass would have known this guess not. What you quoted from me is when i told him that he is tryn to make the displacements equal and they aint. Ford doesn't have to because they use a different approach which works obviously.
Jesus Christ, we all know WHY it makes more power for it's displacement...didn't think I had to list the obvious for you. My point this entire time is that it is a more efficient design. **** me in the face you're dense.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:45 PM
Banned

Jesus Christ, we all know WHY it makes more power for it's displacement...didn't think I had to list the obvious for you. My point this entire time is that it is a more efficient design. **** me in the face you're dense.
https://www.google.com/search?q=5.0+...iw=360&bih=519

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.-forumrunner_20140516_004451.jpg

You tell me which one is more efficient
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:50 PM
Teching In

Whichever one makes the most power for it's displacement, for the last time.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:52 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

hp\valve is the true measure of efficiency.
Old 05-15-2014 | 11:56 PM
Banned

Whichever one makes the most power for it's displacement, for the last time.
So 4 cams, higher revs and more air flow have nothing to do with the hp then? Damn guess GM really is falling behind...
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:31 AM
Teching In

and while we all argue about the coyote being a little bigger than the ls3 the fanboys forget that the camaro is a fat bitch compared to the mustang. kind of like a big dude with a tiny dick trying to steal a girl from the little dude with the big dick, who do you think shes gunna choose?
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arctic
and while we all argue about the coyote being a little bigger than the ls3 the fanboys forget that the camaro is a fat bitch compared to the mustang. kind of like a big dude with a tiny dick trying to steal a girl from the little dude with the big dick, who do you think shes gunna choose?
The one with the most money?
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZNix
The one with the most money?
so the little guy still, haha gm bailout joke.... too soon?
Old 05-16-2014 | 03:44 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Old 05-16-2014 | 04:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Oy...nice.
Old 05-16-2014 | 04:56 AM
Teching In

I've concluded the majority of posters in the SRK section are...

A: Mustang owners, or people who like mustangs.... who also like it in the butt from their uncle tom...

Or

B: Old members with varying laughable inferiority complexes. If your car runs better than theirs with given mods, they will find any reason to downplay and/or discredit you or your car(i.e. call you a liar, put words in your mouth, etc). Their opinion is the end all be all and there's no arguing.

Or

C: Mixture of both.

Or

D: None of the above, normal cool LS car guys who can have a normal debate without having to show everyone how big their "e-dick" is.

Last edited by 4PointSlow; 05-16-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2014 | 04:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arctic
so the little guy still, haha gm bailout joke.... too soon?
WRX's are slow

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.