Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-on A6 Coyote vs Stock A6 C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heater
Looks like **** to me, surprised that you would even take a picture and post it on the internet looking like that.

My Fox is a race car, it's supposed to be hacked up, duh
Is it hacked ? Lol don't look real great to me either to be honest. Shock points can see a decent amount of stress.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That wasn't the point at all. He was saying that the basic architecture of the 3V isn't too bad, and it makes similar-ish power to the 5.0 once a few things are equalized. Nobody was talking about "building a 3V to keep up with a bolt-on LS1," and nobody cares how it stacks up to your car.
I think I love you... The only thing I compared it to was a Ford, lol. Didn't bring an LS1 into it, but inch for inch, it probably would hold it's own in that battle too. Of course I forgot, here displacement doesn't matter
Old 05-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wasn't the point at all. He was saying that the basic architecture of the 3V isn't too bad, and it makes similar-ish power to the 5.0 once a few things are equalized. Nobody was talking about "building a 3V to keep up with a bolt-on LS1," and nobody cares how it stacks up to your car.
Mod for mod which one would you say is quicker 3v or ls1?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gt4urass

I think I love you... The only thing I compared it to was a Ford, lol. Didn't bring an LS1 into it, but inch for inch, it probably would hold it's own in that battle too. Of course I forgot, here displacement doesn't matter
Lol you only count displacement bc thats the only argument you have! Even then it doesn't last long considering you have more cams than our ls1 does, your engine is a lot bigger than ours, its heavier,it revs higher, etc... if you're counting the displacement then we can use those against you.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
L oh L

Sadly I know people who think the 3v dominates that comparison.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z

L oh L

Lol yea just tryn to get him or itllrun or even mike to talk more about that comparison considering they actually know what the **** they are talking about unlike GT4myslowass.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Looks like **** to me, surprised that you would even take a picture and post it on the internet looking like that.

My Fox is a race car, it's supposed to be hacked up, duh
It's a 8.8 in a lincoln town car dumbass........lmao......fool Yep....oe furd part right there.

Funny how your boyz weren't there to back you up. They may be smarter than you.

You know I played a trick like that on redfire once. He had a very similar reaction.......hhhmmm Heaterfire??? Redheat???.....lol

BTW....I'm sure your fox is hacked.
You're right.....I jumped the gun. I'm sorry for all the people who want to build 3v's.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Is it hacked ? Lol don't look real great to me either to be honest. Shock points can see a decent amount of stress.
You're right kinda.....Although I'm sure that wallowing pos don't have enough shock on it to break it. Those wholes are not where I woulda put them. The side pieces are carrying all the stress.
Comparing a 3v to a 5.0 is worse than comparing it to a ls1.
I don't think he will answer that.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It's a 8.8 in a lincoln town car dumbass........lmao......fool Yep....oe furd part right there.

You know I played a trick like that on redfire once. He had a very similar reaction.......hhhmmm Heaterfire??? Redheat???.....lol

You're right.....I jumped the gun. I'm sorry for all the people who want to build 3v's.

You're right kinda.....Although I'm sure that wallowing pos don't have enough shock on it to break it. Those wholes are not where I woulda put them. The side pieces are carrying all the stress.

Comparing a 3v to a 5.0 is worse than comparing it to a ls1.

I don't think he will answer that.
Really? You think I don't know exactly how the 3V and LS1 stack up against each other?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Banned

So how do they stack up?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 PM
***Repost Police***

The 3V is of course considerably slower than a comparable LS1 car, somewhere between a 5spd Mach 1 and a New Edge GT.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Banned

The 3V is of course considerably slower than a comparable LS1 car, somewhere between a 5spd Mach 1 and a New Edge GT.
Ok cool thanks for answering. Gt4urass did you see what he said? Thats why i asked him, itllrun, mike, snake95 and heater to speak on it not you, gt4urass.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Lol you only count displacement bc thats the only argument you have! Even then it doesn't last long considering you have more cams than our ls1 does, your engine is a lot bigger than ours, its heavier,it revs higher, etc... if you're counting the displacement then we can use those against you.
Once again, read the original post, and you'll see that I didn't bring an LS anything into it.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
L oh L

Don't know who that is...but they're wrong. I don't think it would be the absolute slaughter that most in here do, but the 3v isn't going to be outgunning anything short of a very sick LS1, lol.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

Mac, do you realize that a 3v with the same modifications as you is faster than you? Let that sink in...

Once again, read the original post, and you'll see that I didn't bring an LS anything into it.
Lol enough said
Old 05-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Ok cool thanks for answering. Gt4urass did you see what he said? Thats why i asked him, itllrun, mike, snake95 and heater to speak on it not you, gt4urass.
Can you illustrate where I've said anything to the contrary? Nope, you can't. My point was that the motor gets a lot of undeserved hate, and the design is pretty decent. That's it.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Lol enough said
Haha, notice I didn't say faster than an equally modded LS. I specifically said faster than YOU.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Banned

Mac, do you realize that a 3v with the same modifications as you is faster than you? Let that sink in...

Haha, notice I didn't say faster than an equally modded LS. I specifically said faster than YOU.
Notice how your still wrong lol
Old 05-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Banned

I won lol i wont get used to it im sure ill **** up again
Old 05-12-2014, 05:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

You posted up a rusty *** bracket with holes in it that looked like **** and I said it looked like ****. I don't care who makes it or modifies it, if it looks like ****, it looks like ****.

If you was playing a trick, it failed and as always you are wrong, I am not Redfire or have any association with him.

BTW, my Fox is hacked, but I'm not the one trying to pass it off as a bolt on car, let alone a street car
Old 05-12-2014, 06:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't know who that is...but they're wrong. I don't think it would be the absolute slaughter that most in here do, but the 3v isn't going to be outgunning anything short of a very sick LS1, lol.
Just some mustang guys I know... basically anything 'chebbie' (dumbest thing I've ever heard btw... chebbie?) sucks (even though they claim all LSx designs were stolen/copied from ford) and everything Ford has ever done is perfect. (everyone should have to HeliCoil their plugs bro).

That wasn't the point at all. He was saying that the basic architecture of the 3V isn't too bad, and it makes similar-ish power to the 5.0 once a few things are equalized.
You could say the same for a 90s LT1... slap some better parts on them (heads mainly, LT4 for example) and they make ls1 power easy. Still have other issues/limitations but the idea is the same.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 05-12-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Bolt-on A6 Coyote vs Stock A6 C7